Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:22:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 113 »
  Print  
Author Topic: My second ZEC + XMR+ ETH thread builds info links thoughts and photos.  (Read 147868 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
HerbPean
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 10:44:11 PM
Last edit: October 09, 2016, 11:20:26 PM by HerbPean

I flipped the config from Onboard (don't remember the exact name to represent the onboard video card) to PCI Express.

I can see the Bios boot up UI but after that, i got signal but no video. I tried to plug only one card into the 16x Slot but I got the same result.

I had to flip the setting back to onboard card to be able to boot win again.

EDIT: it was working with one card previously but the card was directly plugged into the mainboard (that is why i was wondering if I needed a full 16x to 16 riser)

For all of my H81's I use onboard video, so I don't think that is an issue (but with the Anniversary I had to go to the GPU).  I also run Win10 without running any special mods, I basically do a clean install, install the drivers for the H81, and then the latest ATI/Claymore.  In the instances where I did have an issue with the boards, it typically was power-related, so you might want to doublecheck your risers, etc.

And on the Win10 licenses, I don't buy any - it mines fine without a license, and I just disable automatic updated with gpedit.  There aren't any legit licenses for Win10 that aren't in the $100 range - if so you're just paying for pirates stuff (like a shared key, etc), don't bother.

Thanks for info.

I have an extra riser, i will try that

So, I plugged another card into the slot 6 (which was the card in problem in win 7) with the card 5. Everything works fine ... I unplugged card 5 and card 6 is working.

So it's a win 7 problem.

Will work on that ...

EDIt: All my riser are powered by a single PCI-E cable ... do I still need to plug the molex on the MB ?

EDIT: Not sure what to do next except to switch to win 10 ... I use Claymore 16.9.1. with the 6 GPU mod ... I got 7 GPU in fact with the onboard card. So i don't know... So close but so far !
GabryRox

Activity: 600
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 11:21:49 PM

To upgrade your gpu from 20.5 to 23.5mh here is the youtube video to step you right through it.  Download the latest driver first just like Citronic said Crimson 16.9.2 then, I did each card one at a time in the slot that they would be placed.  Here is the video:

https://youtu.be/OP_zSP2H6ho

Thanks Aries! I actually had just found that video a few minutes before you posted it. I had been watching some other vids from that same guy and stumbled across that one. Will definitely give that mod a shot after I get everything else squared away. That extra 5 per card is going to equate to a full extra card on my 5-card rig.  Did you notice any extra power efficiency from that mod as well? Or would something else need to be employed to accomplish that?

In addition, can you share how you got these GPUs running at 23.5?  I have 3 of the exact same cards and they are getting 20.7 each using Claymore 7.2.  This is similar to the initial 20.5 you mentioned being the out of the box speed, but I am looking for the easiest way to increase the speed of mine up to the mid-20's like yours.  Was it something you did in the settings in Claymore or did you mod/overcloud the cards in some way?

This may be a good start.  The premise is the same.  Use polaris bios editor to tweak the memory settings.  There are additional tweaks you can make, but you run the risk of hosing your card.

Make sure you back up the original via GPUz, so you can always go back !

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1629137.msg16426507#msg16426507

without rom modding, you can try this.
1. - ethi 16 (maximum ETH hashing using CDM)
2. Crimson 16.9.2

with rom mods:
At present, all my RX480 rigs are zapped with Heliox rom mods the lowpower29mhs version with 16.9.2, stable for weeks at 29.5-29.7MHs. In GPUZ, watts per card is 90s but actual should be more than this but definitely better than 150w. I can run 6 x 480s using a 1300w easily (1000w PSU can do the job).

Thanks Citronik!  I looked up that -ethi command in the CDM readme file and understand that it is set at a default of 8, so hoping that uping that will indeed increase the speed.  The thing is, I cannot figure out how to enter that command. I was thinking that it is just typed directly into the command window where CDM is running. But, when i try that by starting with the "-", it actually decreases the DCR hash-rate. I also found out the the "+" increases DCR hash-rate and even bumping it from default 30 to 32 does increase hash-rate about 10%, which is encouraging.

But... how do I get that -ethi command to take?  I even tried pasting it in but it did not work either.

On the driver update, I simply am baffled lol.  I downloaded the exact packet i needed directly from the AMD site... actually has Crimson 16.9.2 in the title, as well as in the header when I launch the installer.  I triple checked and made sure that I downloaded the correct version for W7 x64, but after installing the display driver in this packet, my driver now only shows as v16.40.  Not sure how this is possible or how to actually get 16.9.2.  I ran as Admin and even uninstalled the v16.30 that was on my box before this, but to no avail.

Any suggestions on how to get 16.9.2 installed?

xleejohnx

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2016, 11:54:14 PM

To upgrade your gpu from 20.5 to 23.5mh here is the youtube video to step you right through it.  Download the latest driver first just like Citronic said Crimson 16.9.2 then, I did each card one at a time in the slot that they would be placed.  Here is the video:

Thanks Aries! I actually had just found that video a few minutes before you posted it. I had been watching some other vids from that same guy and stumbled across that one. Will definitely give that mod a shot after I get everything else squared away. That extra 5 per card is going to equate to a full extra card on my 5-card rig.  Did you notice any extra power efficiency from that mod as well? Or would something else need to be employed to accomplish that?

In addition, can you share how you got these GPUs running at 23.5?  I have 3 of the exact same cards and they are getting 20.7 each using Claymore 7.2.  This is similar to the initial 20.5 you mentioned being the out of the box speed, but I am looking for the easiest way to increase the speed of mine up to the mid-20's like yours.  Was it something you did in the settings in Claymore or did you mod/overcloud the cards in some way?

This may be a good start.  The premise is the same.  Use polaris bios editor to tweak the memory settings.  There are additional tweaks you can make, but you run the risk of hosing your card.

2. Crimson 16.9.2

with rom mods:
At present, all my RX480 rigs are zapped with Heliox rom mods the lowpower29mhs version with 16.9.2, stable for weeks at 29.5-29.7MHs. In GPUZ, watts per card is 90s but actual should be more than this but definitely better than 150w. I can run 6 x 480s using a 1300w easily (1000w PSU can do the job).

Thanks Citronik!  I looked up that -ethi command in the CDM readme file and understand that it is set at a default of 8, so hoping that uping that will indeed increase the speed.  The thing is, I cannot figure out how to enter that command. I was thinking that it is just typed directly into the command window where CDM is running. But, when i try that by starting with the "-", it actually decreases the DCR hash-rate. I also found out the the "+" increases DCR hash-rate and even bumping it from default 30 to 32 does increase hash-rate about 10%, which is encouraging.

But... how do I get that -ethi command to take?  I even tried pasting it in but it did not work either.

On the driver update, I simply am baffled lol.  I downloaded the exact packet i needed directly from the AMD site... actually has Crimson 16.9.2 in the title, as well as in the header when I launch the installer.  I triple checked and made sure that I downloaded the correct version for W7 x64, but after installing the display driver in this packet, my driver now only shows as v16.40.  Not sure how this is possible or how to actually get 16.9.2.  I ran as Admin and even uninstalled the v16.30 that was on my box before this, but to no avail.

okay answer for the first part.. i have found that using the cmd line to do settings gets buggie and doesnt always take so i use the config file for all the commands

second part. i had to pull all of my cards but one to get the driver to install completely and correctly. i also did a clean install of the driver too.

As I see a super coin as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions. ~philipma1957
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 12:10:33 AM

2. Crimson 16.9.2

with rom mods:

okay answer for the first part.. i have found that using the cmd line to do settings gets buggie and doesnt always take so i use the config file for all the commands

second part. i had to pull all of my cards but one to get the driver to install completely and correctly. i also did a clean install of the driver too.

I'm guessing it is windows your installing it on ? .

yup do a clean install that all most all ways fixes any windows issue I'm having unless i have bad hard ware or hardware is going bad , after you install it find out what windows services you need on, no matter what, turn off the rest and update windows let it install any and all drivers for your cards, don't uninstall those base drivers so Ive found out, just upgrade to the new ones from AMD site then turn off windows update and you may or may not have to turn stuff off or on, on your motherboard via the Mbios.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
GabryRox

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 12:39:00 AM
Last edit: October 10, 2016, 12:51:23 AM by GabryRox

Thanks but I think I may have mis-worded something.  It is not that I cannot get a driver installed. In fact, i was able to "update" from v16.30 (installed a few weeks ago via the MSI DVD that came with my 470's) to v16.40 without any problem.  What I don't get is how the download from AMD that is labelled everywhere as Crimson 16.9.2 can install an old driver version??  

Also, yes I am on Windows 7 Pro x64 and I believe I already did a clean install... meaning, I uninstalled v16.30 prior to installing what should have been v16.9.2... but ended up being 16.40.

About the -ethi command in CDM... not sure what you mean by making the change in the config file. I looked at all the contents of the config file and this is mostly a repeat of things that I already changed in the .bat file.  There is nothing in there at all containing "-ethi"...  but, are you saying that this command should be ADDED to this file?

something like this maybe?

-ethi 16
#-epool us1.ethpool.org:3333
#-ewal 0xD69af2A796A737A103F12d2f0BCC563a13900E6F
#-epsw x
#-dpool stratum+tcp://yiimp.ccminer.org:4252
#-dwal DsUt9QagrYLvSkJHXCvhfiZHKafVtzd7Sq4
#-dpsw x
#-esm 1
#-mode 0
#-tt 70
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 12:51:05 AM

AMD lastest driver

I think your saying you don't know were to download them

http://www.amd.com/en-us

Windows 10 here : http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+10+-+64

Windows 7 here http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+7+-+64

GabryRox

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 12:56:48 AM

AMD lastest driver

I think your saying you don't know were to download them

http://www.amd.com/en-us

Windows 10 here : http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+10+-+64

Windows 7 here http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+7+-+64

Thanks toptek... that 2nd link you have is to the exact file I downloaded twice. But for what ever reason, after installing the display driver in that packet, my driver shows as v16.40, not the v16.9.2 that it should.  I honestly can't understand how this is possible but hopefully someone has experienced the same issue and figured out how to fix it.
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 01:08:51 AM
Last edit: October 10, 2016, 01:20:52 AM by toptek

Sense 16.4 is a Crimson version you can actlly post all that info in one or two easy clicks for others to see :

Radeon Software Version - 16.10.1  i guess worry aobut this more then any thing that your real version not sure what they mean by Driver Packaging Version - 16.40.2715-161004a2-307635E if that's what you see .
Radeon Software Edition - Crimson
Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon (TM) R7 370 Series
Memory Size - 2048 MB
Memory Type - GDDR5
Core Clock - 1020 MHz
Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)
System Memory - 16 GB
CPU Type - AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor

Radeon Settings Version - 2016.1004.2153.37567
Driver Packaging Version - 16.40.2715-161004a2-307635E
Provider - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
2D Driver Version - 8.1.1.1571
Direct3D® Version - 9.14.10.01221
OpenGL® Version - 6.14.10.14009
OpenCL™ Version - 21.19.151.3
AMD Mantle Version - 9.1.10.0163
AMD Mantle API Version - 102400
AMD Audio Driver Version - 10.0.1.0
Vulkan™ Driver Version - 1.3.0
Vulkan™ API Version - 1.0.26

that's from my gaming PC i use for every day use . by right clicking any blank place on your desktop and click the AMD Radon setting and then go to the system link there should up in the right hand corner of that box a link that says copy all that will copys that window to your windows click board come back here and paste it  ? . and it looks like you at the right version driver if you like mine Smiley .

can't say other wise, I'm using the hot fix version i tend to use beta more . that why is says Radeon Software Version - 16.10.1 and not 16.92.

hope that help some

cya

xleejohnx

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 01:15:44 AM

Thanks but I think I may have mis-worded something.  It is not that I cannot get a driver installed. In fact, i was able to "update" from v16.30 (installed a few weeks ago via the MSI DVD that came with my 470's) to v16.40 without any problem.  What I don't get is how the download from AMD that is labelled everywhere as Crimson 16.9.2 can install an old driver version??  

Also, yes I am on Windows 7 Pro x64 and I believe I already did a clean install... meaning, I uninstalled v16.30 prior to installing what should have been v16.9.2... but ended up being 16.40.

About the -ethi command in CDM... not sure what you mean by making the change in the config file. I looked at all the contents of the config file and this is mostly a repeat of things that I already changed in the .bat file.  There is nothing in there at all containing "-ethi"...  but, are you saying that this command should be ADDED to this file?

-ethi 16
#-epsw x
#-dpsw x
#-esm 1
#-mode 0
#-tt 70

yes you add it into the config file
this is my file
-epool us1.ethpool.org:3333
-ewal 0x66d7B21286cbcfE5eEBDA87A8E6Eee22b31F707A.Rig1
#-tt -50
#-epsw x
#-dpool stratum+tcp://lbry.pool.mn:8878
#-dwal xleejohnx.rig1
#-dpsw x
#-esm 1
-mode 1
#-powlim 0
-gser 2
-etha 0
#-dcri 20
#-dcoin lbc
#-ethi 12

this is my start.bat file
timeout 60

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

EthDcrMiner64.exe

As I see a super coin as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions. ~philipma1957
GabryRox

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 01:20:34 AM

Radeon Software Version - 16.9.2
Radeon Software Edition - Crimson
Graphics Chipset - Radeon (TM) RX 470 Graphics
Memory Size - 4096 MB
Memory Type - GDDR5
Core Clock - 1242 MHz
Windows Version - Windows 7 (Service Pack 1) (64 bit)
System Memory - 16 GB
CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6800K CPU @ 3.40GHz

Radeon Settings Version - 2016.0628.2138.37120
Driver Packaging Version - 16.40.2311-160916a-307333C
2D Driver Version - 21.19.137.1
Direct3D® Version - 21.19.137.1
OpenGL® Version - 21.19.137.1
OpenCL™ Version - 21.19.137.1
AMD Mantle Version - 21.19.137.1
AMD Mantle API Version - 98310
AMD Audio Driver Version - 7.12.0.7723
Vulkan Driver Version - 9.1.0.10.21.0

OK, so i just noticed something and maybe I do indeed have 16.9.2 installed after all.  I was looking at the Software tab with the Radeon settings app and the Driver Packaging version says 16.40.2311.  BUT... I just noticed that on the Overview tab, the Radeon Software Version does indeed show 16.9.2.  So, does this mean I am ok?  or is that 16.40 showing on the Driver label still mean I don't have the latest?

If I am on the latest, I got no bump at all vs my previous drivers and my ETH HR for 3 GPUs is still running almost exactly at 62 Mh/s.
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 01:23:15 AM
Last edit: October 10, 2016, 01:55:49 AM by toptek

this is from my mining rig so yea and it's at 16.10

Radeon Settings Version - 2016.1004.2153.37567
Driver Packaging Version - 16.40.2715-161004a2-307635E
2D Driver Version - 8.1.1.1571
Direct3D® Version - 9.14.10.01221
OpenGL® Version - 6.14.10.14009
OpenCL™ Version - 21.19.151.3
AMD Mantle Version - 9.1.10.0163
AMD Mantle API Version - 102400
AMD Audio Driver Version - 10.0.1.0
Vulkan™ Driver Version - 1.3.0
Vulkan™ API Version - 1.0.26

all my PC are Smiley.

62 MH is about right for stock setting for 3 RX470 4GB cards that means the bios hasn't been touched yet and the card is not being over clocked the way it looks ? . at stock setting so far all the RX 470 i own only clocked at 22 MH out of the box you have to edit the bios on them and then over clock them, just over clocking out of the box may not work there locked in the BIOS to only do 22 to 23 MH . but that's a whole new thing and hard to explain and very risky to do and we all do at our own risk . Smiley .

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 01:38:10 AM
Last edit: October 10, 2016, 01:59:22 AM by toptek

here's my minin rig with a modded bios and not using afterburner/ aka third party soft ware to overclock "Smiley. that's with 2 RX 470 and one r7 370 im replacing in about two weeks Smiley.that rig is doing about 70 mh because of the 370 once I replace it or keep it running and tweak the new 470 or 480 i may buy a 480 not sure yet, i should get very close to 95 mh may even hit 100 mh if it's a 480.I still use a r9 280 in a pc that does 17 mh overclocked it's water cooled also, i love mining .!! it's lots of fun,

hope this help some !!!

GabryRox

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 01:53:19 AM

-ethi 16
#-epsw x
#-dpsw x
#-esm 1
#-mode 0
#-tt 70

yes you add it into the config file
this is my file
-epool us1.ethpool.org:3333
-ewal 0x66d7B21286cbcfE5eEBDA87A8E6Eee22b31F707A.Rig1
#-tt -50
#-epsw x
#-dpool stratum+tcp://lbry.pool.mn:8878
#-dwal xleejohnx.rig1
#-dpsw x
#-esm 1
-mode 1
#-powlim 0
-gser 2
-etha 0
#-dcri 20
#-dcoin lbc
#-ethi 12

this is my start.bat file
timeout 60

EthDcrMiner64.exe

Thanks for that clarification. So, i went ahead and added "-ethi 14" to the bottom of my config file.  I also added that several setx rows recommended in the readme (including the one above that you have). They seemed to load fine at startup. But alas, still maxing out right at 62.

I would almost think that maybe its just a difference between brands of GPUs, but others on this thread are using the exact same MSI 470's and getting 23-ish out of the box, so I must still be missing something.  I will take a fresh look tomorrow as I am burnt out on this stuff for today.  At least I should be getting my molex connector in the mail tomorrow so I can finally hook up my 4th 470!  Grin

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 02:06:59 AM

try this instead also to morrow i have seen this increase by 1MH other wise can't say

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

not just

I also use this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=676942.0

gl  hope you get it .

cya

AriesIV10
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006

Mine for a Bit

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2016, 12:42:04 PM

I just tweeked my system and come up with 5.04W/A ratio at the wall!!!
I did get it up to 28.5mh, but the w/a ratio was less efficient. 

Output:
-total system hashing  = 138.1mh
-each gpu hashing  = 22.9mh
-ave wattage = 55.5W (range 54-57 on MSI Afterburner)
-total system Watts = 700W (At the Wall)
-total system Amps = 5.71A (At the Wall)

I went from 6 stock MSI RX 470 Rig at the wall wattage at 1135W to 900W with the 1500 strap and now 680W with the tweaking.  This is almost a 50% improvement in energy usage; hence, cost avoidance (profitability).

BTC Address (Donations):  3LepZAju88ZRuNVD4cS6Xv5hKyKrjvirkB     Website:  www.MintMining.com
Email: Mining@MintMining.com      Power Supplies: https://bit.ly/2TtvdOR
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 02:05:16 PM

I just tweeked my system and come up with 5.04W/A ratio at the wall!!!
I did get it up to 28.5mh, but the w/a ratio was less efficient. 

Output:
-total system hashing  = 138.1mh
-each gpu hashing  = 22.9mh
-ave wattage = 55.5W (range 54-57 on MSI Afterburner)
-total system Watts = 700W (At the Wall)
-total system Amps = 5.71A (At the Wall)

I went from 6 stock MSI RX 470 Rig at the wall wattage at 1135W to 900W with the 1500 strap and now 680W with the tweaking.  This is almost a 50% improvement in energy usage; hence, cost avoidance (profitability).

<snipped>

I think you have a very good batch of MSI 470 - lucky man!

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
xleejohnx

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 03:23:22 PM

kinda off topic for a second Tongue

those back to back uncles!!!

philipma1957 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8040

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2016, 04:13:07 PM

kinda off topic for a second Tongue

those back to back uncles!!!

which is why I mine with them.  I love the uncles.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
HerbPean
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 05:27:23 PM

I'm f*cking pissed off.

1. installed Win 10
2. installed driver 16.9.2
3. updated the chipset drivers for the MOBO
4. Added the Env variable and the 16 gig of hard drive of virtual drive

Now GPU hang and Win 10 just freaking crash. (something it's one card, 2 or 3 ...)

I mined all night with 5 cards on win 7. It's not a freaking hardware issue, i'm pretty sure.

xleejohnx

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 05:34:17 PM

I'm f*cking pissed off.

1. installed Win 10
2. installed driver 16.9.2
3. updated the chipset drivers for the MOBO
4. Added the Env variable and the 16 gig of hard drive of virtual drive

Now GPU hang and Win 10 just freaking crash. (something it's one card, 2 or 3 ...)

I mined all night with 5 cards on win 7. It's not a freaking hardware issue, i'm pretty sure.

Are these cards stock or overclocked?
Also is the card hanging up the primary display?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 113 »
  Print  

Jump to: