Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:13:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you support the rebrand/renaming to move away from the bad connotations, difficulty to carry out business and the constant questions about Silk Road and the connection to the project?
Yes
No
Unsure

Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Rebranded to Duality Blockchain Solutions  (Read 129230 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 06:35:46 AM

I only hope that all the rebranding/refurbishing thing will not slow down the planned march. Are we still launching the DarkSilk (or whatever it will be) on November 5th?
Mimir

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

Only a fool worries over what he can’t control.

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 07:05:50 AM

Which big partnerships are at risk?

Polo cut them loose with no warning despite having a whole bunch of active devs working on the coin.
Off the top of my head could name a dozen inactive scam coins still listed on polo, raised support tickets asking why those coins weren't removed too. Was fruitless, but made me feel better.
In retrospect, it's not hard to understand really, they are terrified of the name.

Polo just looking after themselves, and rightly so. I'm not blaming them, they a huge US registered company, you think they want any association with Silkroad and Dread Pirate Roberts? That guy is a convicted criminal and will be in jail for life. Even when it's a ridiculous false association, still matters.

It's a proper move to rebranding, I strongly support. Reckon the tech is unique in crypto and you guys would have done well regardless, superficial as it is, simply changing name means a lot to outsiders.

I loved the camel personally, but shit changes, and you gotta deal with that, does anyone name their kid Adolf anymore? Fuck no.

The wilderness has a mysterious tongue. Which teaches awful doubt, or faith so mild
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 07:34:16 AM

Polo cut them loose with no warning despite having a whole bunch of active devs working on the coin.
Off the top of my head could name a dozen inactive scam coins still listed on polo, raised support tickets asking why those coins weren't removed too. Was fruitless, but made me feel better.
In retrospect, it's not hard to understand really, they are terrified of the name.

Polo just looking after themselves, and rightly so. I'm not blaming them, they a huge US registered company, you think they want any association with Silkroad and Dread Pirate Roberts? That guy is a convicted criminal and will be in jail for life. Even when it's a ridiculous false association, still matters.

It's a proper move to rebranding, I strongly support. Reckon the tech is unique in crypto and you guys would have done well regardless, superficial as it is, simply changing name means a lot to outsiders.

I loved the camel personally, but shit changes, and you gotta deal with that, does anyone name their kid Adolf anymore? Fuck no.

All we have to do is add a "silk" easter egg that adds the camel back Wink

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
Solero

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 08:07:54 AM

Are you guys aware that the countdown and info here is for the 23th of oct: https://silknetwork.org/darksilk/ico and http://www.icocountdown.com/?

Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 10:41:03 AM

On a different note an article about why ICOs are
a new form of crowdfunding and some can have as much legal merit as a Kickstarter or Indiegogo campaign
http://www.coindesk.com/appcoin-law-part-1-icos-the-right-way/
soopnon

Activity: 108

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 02:34:02 PM

Very happy, more and more partners are concerned about the technical coins, and hope that everyone together HI up Wink
Fritwakky

Activity: 375
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 02:38:36 PM

Everything will be announced in due time.

Oh come on guys.... i can't wait do not keep us in suspense
I want to know right away what it is

Peterjohn42

Activity: 12

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 03:23:56 PM

Well reading back it appears polo gave them two years warning to release any update which didn't happen so the coin was removed.

Doesn't appear the name had anything to do with it. I am interested to know what partnership would cause a rebranding in the middle of an ico and shortly after a coin launch.
dontigua

Activity: 78

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 03:27:32 PM

Any update on this partnership? Hate to say it but a corporate name change after receiving a bunch of money doesn't look good..
SLievensDRKSLK

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2016, 03:50:52 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2016, 07:02:13 PM by SLievensDRKSLK

Any update on this partnership? Hate to say it but a corporate name change after receiving a bunch of money doesn't look good..

You've have basically read a post about the name Silk and the logo of the Camel preventing us from forming partnerships, completing business to business deals and being publicly/business approachable, then taken one word from it, partnership, and based a question around it.

There will be a complete paper, both technical and non-technical, a new website and marketing campaign. We will announce partnerships and business deals as they come to fruition and complete, not build hype and build up the dreams of the community. So no, no update about "partnership".

Now to answer your question about receiving funding and then rebranding and your thinking that it doesn't look good. We know what it will take for this project to succeed and to carry out the work necessary; a rebrand and new marketing campaign. It was either rebrand, succeed, form deals and push this project to new heights, or we sit with the invested funds and just pay server fees and sit underground with the name & brand that no-one wishes to do business with.

The poll shows us what we need to know, that not only does the team have general consensus, but so does the community.
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2016, 03:52:31 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2016, 06:16:52 PM by SLievensDRKSLK

Well reading back it appears polo gave them two years warning to release any update which didn't happen so the coin was removed.

Doesn't appear the name had anything to do with it. I am interested to know what partnership would cause a rebranding in the middle of an ico and shortly after a coin launch.

We are not the developers of Silkcoin. So WE were not given 2 years by anyone to do anything.

If you read the thread it quite plainly states that we are in a competition currently and that the focus of the project will be changed.

I am sure that it isn't hard to read between the lines, but, if your unable to read between the lines, then you will have to wait for the paper.

This doesn't mean that the project is directed AT the project, but the problems and solutions involved.
Solero

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 06:43:45 PM

What a pleasant tone of voice do you have Spencer Tongue

*bump: Are you guys aware that the countdown and info here is for the 23th of oct: https://silknetwork.org/darksilk/ico and http://www.icocountdown.com/?
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2016, 09:53:27 PM

*bump: Are you guys aware that the countdown and info here is for the 23th of oct: https://silknetwork.org/darksilk/ico and http://www.icocountdown.com/?

I guess you guys don't think I have a sense of humour....

the coin names are spencer and darkspencer Cheesy
MCDev

Activity: 680
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 10:13:19 PM

I guess you guys don't think I have a sense of humour....

the coin names are spencer and darkspencer Cheesy

Hmmm, we're going to have to chat...
Kidding

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
biggzi

Activity: 543
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 10:45:34 PM

Even though its not great news I do think the rebrand is a good business decision.

But I'm more concered about the below...

...just one change to the decentralised marketplace, it is not being removed but being adapted to function within the focused direction we are heading

What does this mean? The decentralised marketplace is going to be such a great feature. I hope this focused direction is the right direction!  Wink
CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 10:48:00 PM

Kudos to spencers patience dealing with a noob account.

This team has been beyond professional in their development, answers to questions both public and through pm as well as their handling of the ICO.

Looking forward to the future  Cool
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 11:16:02 PM

So where exactly can you trade in your silkcoins for darksilk right now??

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2016, 11:29:48 PM

So where exactly can you trade in your silkcoins for darksilk right now??

Right now??

Nowhere since DarkSilk isn't released until the 5th of November.

Silk(SLK) is tradable on Bittrex however Cheesy
cebb

Activity: 545

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 11:30:48 PM

You've have basically read a post about the name Silk and the logo of the Camel preventing us from forming partnerships, completing business to business deals and being publicly/business approachable, then taken one word from it, partnership, and based a question around it.

There will be a complete paper, both technical and non-technical, a new website and marketing campaign. We will announce partnerships and business deals as they come to fruition and complete, not build hype and build up the dreams of the community. So no, no update about "partnership".

Now to answer your question about receiving funding and then rebranding and your thinking that it doesn't look good. We know what it will take for this project to succeed and to carry out the work necessary; a rebrand and new marketing campaign. It was either rebrand, succeed, form deals and push this project to new heights, or we sit with the invested funds and just pay server fees and sit underground with the name & brand that no-one wishes to do business with.

The poll shows us what we need to know, that not only does the team have general consensus, but so does the community.

Any plan on implementing the ZCASH feature in Darksilk? I bet if you announce it now you can still raise north of 3k BTC before the end of ICO.

See Komodo ICO. more than 1K BTC raised in a day.
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2016, 11:34:40 PM

Any plan on implementing the ZCASH feature in Darksilk? I bet if you announce it now you can still raise north of 3k BTC before the end of ICO.

See Komodo ICO. more than 1K BTC raised in a day.

We already said we were assessing various codebases, including Zcash to see what open-source was available to us in the 'CoinInterview' interview. That being said, this doesn't mean we will 100% utilise any of their codebase, only if we saw something of worth to the community and user experience as a whole.
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  

Jump to: