Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:37:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 ... 244 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptopia Cryptocurrency Platform Services and Development  (Read 172902 times)
adamvp

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 09:27:48 PM

My posts are being deleted by unnamed "mods" including ones that I am posting concerning Cryptopia, so I'm not sure how long it will be before this one is also deleted.

As we know articles have been floating around the internet stating that the New Zealand Police have stated there is nothing to prevent Cryptopia from reopening now that they have concluded their main investigations at Cryptopia's head office.

As at this date and time 14/02/2019 11:24 AM NZDST (00:24 GMT +/- 0) Cryptopia's website is *still* showing nothing except: http://archive.fo/i2BjM

So they aren't in any hurry to re-open (if at all) and, as three online articles by stuff.co.nz have now stated Cryptopia's sole director is saying nothing we can only presume they won't be opening today, this week and probably not this month.
and probably never? :/
Another few days have passed but still same "maintenance screen" is showing under cryptopia webaddress :/
Is there any hope left here? If yes please tell me what?

I am looking for signature campaign Wink pm me

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BenTheAnonMod

Activity: 70
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 12:18:00 AM

FUDtalkdotorg

So many uneducated comments I don't even know where to start, so I won't. I'll just leave you folks to your little FUD echo chamber, its a shame the Mods of this site allow the kids in here to post what they do. This use to be a good site, now its worse than twitter/facebook comment section.

The behavior of SOME of the people in here doesn't deserve answers to the questions you're asking, even if there were answers right now.

Peace out
cestmoi

Activity: 196
Merit: 295

W̔̆̌̏͂͑ͦͧ

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 02:01:57 AM

Hey I'm in Christchurch in April any chance I can go check out the offices and say hi to the guys?

This thread has become excessively toxic its a pity used to be a good place to get info on Cryptopia. I hold a few k of funds on the exchange, can understand a hack as serious as this is going to take a lot more time to fix. It would be encouraging to meet someone and get some answers first hand.

Whatever happens I will go check out the new premises in Sydenham, I know the area well, used to live on St Asaph St opposite the Cuban.

Can you do it and maybe post a video of the encounter? Have them on video reassuring people that everything is ok and once the investigation is over they will reopen if possible.

A video tour of the offices would be good too.

I will stop by tonight after work and see how things are going.
I stopped by about 10 days ago to check the place our, there was just one guy inside.

I have been inside their old premises and met the owner a few times.
Never been inside the new one (just been nosy from the outside)

I stopped by today just after 6pm  to ask where my coins are

Offices looked empty

no one on the car park

There is light in some of the offices :

I saw a guy inside not far from the front door, the door was obviously closed.

From the outside nothing says that it is Cryptopia, but it is definitely the right location.

“W̼̟̻͎̞̦̖̭̩͔͇̺͍̩̯̲̔̆̌̏͂͑ͦͧ͛̿̑̈́̎͑̽̍ͭ̏̇͜ill you draW̼̟̻͎̞̦̖̭̩͔͇̺͍̩̯̲̔̆̌̏͂͑ͦͧ͛̿̑̈́̎͑̽̍ͭ̏̇͜ me a sheep?”
Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 2218

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 02:20:35 AM

I stopped by about 10 days ago to check the place our, there was just one guy inside.

See if you can find out who "Dave" is...

If you see this on the front door, you've got the right place...

cestmoi

W̔̆̌̏͂͑ͦͧ

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 02:28:06 AM

See if you can find out who "Dave" is...

If you see this on the front door, you've got the right place...

I don't think they will let me in.
I know the building (it is the old BECA offices), I parked outside two weeks ago (the photos are from me, i tried to take the same one as on Stuff).

“W̼̟̻͎̞̦̖̭̩͔͇̺͍̩̯̲̔̆̌̏͂͑ͦͧ͛̿̑̈́̎͑̽̍ͭ̏̇͜ill you draW̼̟̻͎̞̦̖̭̩͔͇̺͍̩̯̲̔̆̌̏͂͑ͦͧ͛̿̑̈́̎͑̽̍ͭ̏̇͜ me a sheep?”
BTCbtcLOVE

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 02:47:10 AM

My brothers, the devil has long since taken out the joke! The situation is not at all for the game! The stakes are too big for the investors here and certainly will not be over! What must necessarily happen for sure is that investor money must return, it means simply MUST, and there is no debate! How and in what way, we do not care about it anymore! Whoever is responsible for this situation MUST solve the problem, return stolen coins, or whatever, because it will bear the consequences, it will be a dead head, it will be dead people, because I know how this works, darkness will eat certain people !!! No one is crazy today, they will do everything to recover what was stolen! I only hope that cryptopia workers will grasp this situation seriously and as soon as possible solve the problem, return to people what was stolen, and let the site work again! So how much today, that the site is put into operation, this is such a situation, because many are more than impatient and dangerous people than those who invested in this project! I hope that wisdom will prevail! Hello Everyone!
Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 02:49:44 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2023, 11:47:43 PM by Timelord2067

[quote author=cestmoi link=topic=1669443.msg49796205#msg49796205 date=1550456886]
I don't think they will let me in.
I know the building (it is the old BECA offices), I parked outside two weeks ago (the photos are from me, i tried to take the same one as on Stuff).
[/quote]

Yeh, the driveway matches:

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQURSTUVWXYZABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQURSTUVWXYZ
[img width=400]https://resources.stuff.co.nz/content/dam/images/1/t/g/r/z/t/image.related.StuffLandscapeSixteenByNine.1240x700.1tupef.png/1550199129303.jpg[/img]
[img width=400]https://talkimg.com/images/2023/05/17/blob04ec89662f4e25f0.jpeg[/img]

21st January 2019: http://archive.fo/xZPNG#selection-6018.2-6057.139

[quote author=xtraelv link=topic=1669443.msg49346687#msg49346687 date=1548067699]
Neither Lafu nor myself are employees of Cryptopia. Nor are we authorized to make any statements on their behalf.  There is no official representation of Cryptopia on Bitcointalk as they only consider discord and twitter as official media channels.

As a client of the exchange I probably have more $ at risk than most.

You are correct that their staff have instructed not to make any statements. Most are on leave as the offices are considered a crime scene.
[/quote]

Nothing about staff being barred from entry to the building...

Roll Eyes

Has anyone checked out Cryptopia's "OFFICIAL" youtube channel?

https://support.cryptopia.co.nz/csm?id=kb_article&sys_id=63d85a28db8b974832a664a14a96198a

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCivWGgjVe0NPXdTs6e7TZ3A

CEO update 29/06/18
Rating (*) (*) (*) (*) (*)

Dear Cryptopians

Further to my CEO mid-year update last week posted on our newly created YouTube channel, I would like to share some further exciting developments that demonstrate we are committed to delivering you a fast, secure and customer-focused exchange.

There's no mention of a Discord Channel on Cryptopia's Official Support site, just Twitter and Facebook:

Launch of our Video Tutorial Series

We are really keen to ensure our users are educated about Cryptopia and the crypto industry. We are planning on launching a new video tutorial every week and have started with ‘How To Set Up Your Account on Cryptopia’. All tutorial videos will be posted on YouTube. Make sure you subscribe to our channel to stay up to date. Let us know what you want to see next via Twitter or Facebook.

fmz89
Legendary

Activity: 1766
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 06:47:07 AM

FUDtalkdotorg

So many uneducated comments I don't even know where to start, so I won't. I'll just leave you folks to your little FUD echo chamber, its a shame the Mods of this site allow the kids in here to post what they do. This use to be a good site, now its worse than twitter/facebook comment section.

The behavior of SOME of the people in here doesn't deserve answers to the questions you're asking, even if there were answers right now.

Peace out
Yeah you right these forum made the problem looks even worse, cause bunch of kids yelling bs, had some  etn in there. Just waiitng the site reopen again

▄█▀                       ▀█▄
 ██           ▄▄ ▄▄           ██
███       ▄ ▄███ ███▄ ▄       ███
████▄   ███ ████ ████ ███   ▄████
 ██████████ ███▀ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄██████
  ▀▀███████  ▀▄█████████ ████▀▀
       ███▀▄ ██████▀▀▀ ▄▄
       █▀▄██ ████▄▄█▀▄████
        ████ ▀█████▄▀██▀
        ████ █▄▀█████▄
        ████  ▀▀ █████▀
         ▀▀█      ▀█▀
.REXX.|||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
████ ▄▀██████████  █████
██████▄▀▄▀██████  ████████
▐████████▄▀▄▀██  ██████████▌
▐██████████▄▀▄ ████████████▌
▐██████████  ▄▀▄▀██████████▌
████████  ████▄▀▄▀████████
█████  ████████▄▀ ██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|.BUY REXX.
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 09:06:25 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2019, 09:42:10 AM by arielbit

think about this, who is the biggest FUDsters here..

the people screaming scam or team cryptopia? hehe speaking about hypocrites  Roll Eyes

people feared for their money

people are uncertain about their money

and there is obviously a disorder here

the founders quit their jobs, put their savings into cryptopia and go full time...after a year the money is gone, it can only go 2 ways

1.) scam

2.) stupidity/incompetence
     2a.) are they stupid/incompetent? if not..scam, if yes..nobody will ever trust them again

analogy:

if ben takes a shit, i don't need to smell it, i already know that it stinks.

P.S. you all are talking to cyptopia's 3 unofficial bitches here
pinoycash

Activity: 1316
Merit: 514

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2019, 09:30:07 AM

Cryptopia should open a communication channel for their community a more transparent and more open.

I am no expert in managing a company but its very basic that they should communicate regularly with their customers if they truly care.

In time of crisis communication plays an important role to prevent panic.

A video of the Owner/Ceo of the company addressing its customers properly should had been done from the first day of hack.

and lastly, i am fearful with my money its not a big amount but its a hard earned money from trading, bounty, alts collection, airdrop's, mining..

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
cestmoi

W̔̆̌̏͂͑ͦͧ

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 09:42:50 AM
Merited by FractalUniverse (1)

So I stoped by, it was 5:30pm (somewhat kind of late for office workers).
The lights were on but I didn’t see anyone through the windows of the ground floor.
I took a few pictures, it kinda looks empty.

On the upper floors there was also some lights on.

I didn’t have a pen in my car (to write the date and my ID), I had to use some kind of nail polish / paint that I found under a mat.

Funny observation, that had one of the wall repainted today.

Maybe to cover a tag, who knows....

BenTheAnonMod

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 10:00:57 AM
Merited by RivAngE (1)

Cryptopia should open a communication channel for their community a more transparent and more open.

I am no expert in managing a company but its very basic that they should communicate regularly with their customers if they truly care.

In time of crisis communication plays an important role to prevent panic.

A video of the Owner/Ceo of the company addressing its customers properly should had been done from the first day of hack.

and lastly, i am fearful with my money its not a big amount but its a hard earned money from trading, bounty, alts collection, airdrop's, mining..

They do have communications channels, Twitter, Facebook and Discord.

However Cryptopia has been told not to comment by the Police until more is known. They are currently busy assessing the extent of the damages and I would assume making plans to move forward.

I would expect to hear something either this week or next week hopefully.

As much as the FUD trolls in here would like people to ignore or probably don't even realise themselves that Cryptopia is a registered company with FMA - https://app.companiesoffice.govt.nz/fsp/app/ui/fsp/version/searchSummaryCompanyFSP/FSP580928/25.do

Meaning any talk of "exit scams" are dismissed as they can't simply "run away" with everyones money.

Also understand the Police are working WITH Cryptopia, not as a suspect.

I would recommend anyone looking for ACTUAL updates on Cryptopia see Twitter - https://twitter.com/Cryptopia_NZ Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/cryptopiaexchange/ or Discord - https://discord.gg/bcYkX5w

It is unlikely that you will find an unbiased, non personal agenda opinion here.

I would also point out that the majority of shit stirrers in here most likely aren't even Cryptopia users, the internet equivalent of Rubber neckers or simply here to push their own agendas.

Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 10:12:06 AM

They do have communications channels, Twitter, Facebook and Discord.

However Cryptopia has been told not to comment by the Police until more is known. They are currently busy assessing the extent of the damages and I would assume making plans to move forward.

I would expect to hear something either this week or next week hopefully.

As much as the FUD trolls in here would like people to ignore or probably don't even realise themselves that Cryptopia is a registered company with FMA - https://app.companiesoffice.govt.nz/fsp/app/ui/fsp/version/searchSummaryCompanyFSP/FSP580928/25.do

Meaning any talk of "exit scams" are dismissed as they can't simply "run away" with everyone money.

I would recommend anyone looking for ACTUAL updates on Cryptopia see Twitter - https://twitter.com/Cryptopia_NZ Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/cryptopiaexchange/ or Discord - https://discord.gg/bcYkX5w

It is unlikely that you will find an unbiased, non personal agenda opinion here.

I would also point out that the majority of shit stirrers in here most likely aren't even Cryptopia users, the internet equivalent of Rubber neckers or simply here to push their own agendas.

Nice to see you have broken ranks from the narrative given by the other two non cryptopia employees who are in denial that Cryptopia has been told to say nothing.

Don't forget that Cryptopia has an OFFICIAL youtube account.

Has anyone checked out Cryptopia's "OFFICIAL" youtube channel?

https://support.cryptopia.co.nz/csm?id=kb_article&sys_id=63d85a28db8b974832a664a14a96198a

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCivWGgjVe0NPXdTs6e7TZ3A

CEO update 29/06/18
Rating (*) (*) (*) (*) (*)

Dear Cryptopians

Further to my CEO mid-year update last week posted on our newly created YouTube channel, I would like to share some further exciting developments that demonstrate we are committed to delivering you a fast, secure and customer-focused exchange.

There's no mention of a Discord Channel on Cryptopia's Official Support site, just Twitter and Facebook:

Launch of our Video Tutorial Series

We are really keen to ensure our users are educated about Cryptopia and the crypto industry. We are planning on launching a new video tutorial every week and have started with ‘How To Set Up Your Account on Cryptopia’. All tutorial videos will be posted on YouTube. Make sure you subscribe to our channel to stay up to date. Let us know what you want to see next via Twitter or Facebook.

No doubt any videos  Roll Eyes by the Chairman Allan Booth will go there.

Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 10:20:03 AM

So I stoped by, it was 5:30pm (somewhat kind of late for office workers).
The lights were on but I didn’t see anyone through the windows of the ground floor.
I took a few pictures, it kinda looks empty.

On the upper floors there was also some lights on.

I didn’t have a pen in my car (to write the date and my ID), I had to use some kind of nail polish / paint that I found under a mat.

Funny observation, that had one of the wall repainted today.

Maybe to cover a tag, who knows....

Thanks for the updates, images two and three look like stuff has been removed? What was it like ten days ago?

ABCDEfghijKLMNOpqrstUVWXYz

xtraelv
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 10:24:24 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2019, 11:34:22 AM by xtraelv

Nice to see you have broken ranks from the narrative given by the other two non cryptopia employees who are in denial that Cryptopia has been told to say nothing.

Cryptopia is still restrained by what they can say. Both due to the ongoing police investigation, other legal restrictions and still being in the process of making an accurate assessment of the situation.

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to achieve here Andrew.

No doubt any videos  Roll Eyes by the Chairman Allan Booth will go there.

Who is Chairman Allan Booth ? CEO Allan Booth has not worked for Cryptopia since June 10 October 2018

Current Director and acting CEO is Peter Dawson. EDIT (Peter Dawson has been Director since June 2018 and Managing Director - Acting CEO since October 2018)

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.
BenTheAnonMod

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 10:25:57 AM

They were (or are) restricted to what they can say. They were literally locked out of their own building and systems.

And Lafu hasn't said anything about Cryptopia not being able to comment. Again with your misinformation. You guys are pretty easy to catch out...
Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 10:33:58 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2023, 11:47:21 PM by Timelord2067

Don't blame me, I just work here:

Go to Google.com

click on maps.

Type in

Code:
Cryptopia Christchuch

then click enter:

You should get a link that looks like this: https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Cryptopia+Ltd/@-43.5445512,172.6347611,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x6d3188bef04f07af:0x4c5e3959b4458463!8m2!3d-43.5445512!4d172.6369498?hl=en

Over on the left hand notice how google thinks Cryptopia is Closed Permanently??

arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 10:35:51 AM

Meaning any talk of "exit scams" are dismissed as they can't simply "run away" with everyones money.

registered company = not scam LOL I can go on and on with this  Cheesy

that's a shitty ass police or you are the shitty one.........everyone is a suspect.

P.S. the only thing that is missing from the pictures uploaded by cestmoi is "office space for rent" LOL
Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 10:36:26 AM

Cryptopia is still restrained by what they can say. Both due to the ongoing police investigation, other legal restrictions and still being in the process of making an accurate assessment of the situation.

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to achieve here Andrew.

No doubt any videos  Roll Eyes by the Chairman Allan Booth will go there.

Who is Chairman Allan Booth ? CEO Allan Booth has not worked for Cryptopia since June 2018

Current Director and acting CEO is Peter Dawson.

Right now on Cryptopia's website https://support.cryptopia.co.nz/csm?id=kb_article&sys_id=63d85a28db8b974832a664a14a96198a it says Alan Booth is the CEO. If Cryptopia has failed to advise the relevant authorities in New Zealand of the change of CEO then I'm sure the relevant authorities will be interested to be advised of the update (some seven months late)

xtraelv
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 10:37:00 AM

Over on the left hand notice how google thinks Cryptopia is Closed Permanently??

Google maps is like Wikipedia. Anyone can edit it.

Right now on Cryptopia's website https://support.cryptopia.co.nz/csm?id=kb_article&sys_id=63d85a28db8b974832a664a14a96198a it says Alan Booth is the Chairman and CEO. If Cryptopia has failed to advise the relevant authorities in New Zealand of the change of CEO then I'm sure the relevant authorities will be interested to be advised of the update (some seven months late)

That link has a date on it when it was published - so not relevant.

A CEO is an employee and there are no authorities to notify of employment changes.

Even the newspapers don't get that part wrong.

Archived for future reference

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.
Pages: « 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 ... 244 »
  Print  

Jump to: