Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:49:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 [1015] 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 ... 1135 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] cudaMiner & ccMiner CUDA based mining applications [Windows/Linux/MacOSX]  (Read 3426872 times)
yellowduck2

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 09:36:59 AM

Honestly i have a good 50 or 60TB worth of empty drives sitting about, if its good to mine i may try it.
I think it will be more profitable over time as some plots that are generated at the start may be wanted much later on, unless i'm understanding it wrong

and SSD's are only limited by their writing life, which is pretty long

if u can write a Nvidia GPU miner for burst, u will be rich in no time with 60 TB

Sure thing  Smiley The first one with a gpu plotter will have a big advantage. The dev is working on a amd version.

I expect the price to crash hard when GPU miner is out
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 09:37:42 AM

Honestly i have a good 50 or 60TB worth of empty drives sitting about, if its good to mine i may try it.
I think it will be more profitable over time as some plots that are generated at the start may be wanted much later on, unless i'm understanding it wrong

3TB = 5k burst, your 60 will do 100k day(right now) = 0.7 btc daily

If he can make a GPU miner to plot , i guess it could be 7 BTC per day for a while

why? he can just make plot faster, the the paid amount would be the same, he always mine with hdd not gpu

i am guessing faster plot = more payout = more btc ?

yeah but it's still 0.7 daily(with 60), you just make them early, without waiting so long for the cpu miner to finish
yellowduck2

Activity: 868

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 09:39:03 AM

If he can make a GPU miner to plot , i guess it could be 7 BTC per day for a while

why? he can just make plot faster, the the paid amount would be the same, he always mine with hdd not gpu

yeah but it's still 0.7 daily(with 60), you just make them early, without waiting so long for the cpu miner to finish

u mean the payout is fix no mater how fast the plot ? is it something like 1 x CPU and 100 x CPU will get the same number of coins per day with same HDD size ? i don't full understand how it works

if so, that means its paying based on space per day
mmmaybe

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 09:39:09 AM

with an i7 how much is the %work for the cpu, if you mine with 10tb? i mean what is the limit with one rig and one cpu(i5/i7)?

I really don't know as I'm still using my i5/i7's for plotting. When plotting and mining at the same time, the cpu usage is about 85-90%, with one thread free, on each mashine. Not sure if that answer your question...

mmh no, i mean mining only, how many terabyte i can use with one cpu? there must be a limit, because for every HHD you need one instance of the miner

I'll try to check later, but the miner is really lightweight

mmmaybe

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 09:42:51 AM

is it possible to mine other coin using GPU and mine burst at the same time ? Will it over load or burn out the system ?

Its possible. I'm mining xcn or xmr paralell to burst. I would say I lose 5-10% in gpu preformance.

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 09:50:01 AM

u mean the payout is fix no mater how fast the plot ? is it something like 1 x CPU and 100 x CPU will get the same number of coins per day with same HDD size ? i don't full understand how it works

basically it's like this:

you need to fill your terabyte first before mining, your space is your hashpower, but they must be filled completely if you want to use them all, the gpu miner only fill those tera faster, so you can mine early with all your power(in terabyte)

it's like a car and her gasoline, the more gas you have(terabyte) the more km you will do(coin mined), but you need to fill your call with it first, and this process take too much time with cpu, this is why we need a gpu "plotter"
AizenSou

Activity: 938

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:06:24 AM

This profit won't held long anymore after you posted this info here, mate. There are a lot of big guys watching this thread LOL. I think that they are watching your posts too, so be careful LOL.
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:08:54 AM

This profit won't held long anymore after you posted this info here, mate. There are a lot of big guys watching this thread LOL. I think that they are watching your posts too, so be careful LOL.

mmh you may be right, everytime i find a good coin with good profit and spread the info, it become unprofitable few days after this, i should stop spreading those type of info lol

inb4 mega china tera farm
bigjme

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:12:05 AM

no just spread it to those of us you know Wink
mega secret hidden section in cudamining.co.uk just for the elite group, away!!!!!!!

Owner of: cudamining.co.uk
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 10:16:00 AM

you need to fill your terabyte first before mining, your space is your hashpower, but they must be filled completely if you want to use them all, the gpu miner only fill those tera faster, so you can mine early with all your power(in terabyte)

it's like a car and her gasoline, the more gas you have(terabyte) the more km you will do(coin mined), but you need to fill your call with it first, and this process take too much time with cpu, this is why we need a gpu "plotter"
First of, I must say that I have no interest in this coin so I didn't look much into detail...
But unless I am totally mistaken, gpu's never write directly to hdd...
Gpu usually does its his work transmit what it has done to the cpu who would eventually write to hdd. So if on burst the whole thing is just "writing to the disk" well this isn't a gpu thing at all...

You want to improve your perf on Burst: Better cpu, Better Mobo with more SataIII and better HDD supporting high speed transfer... for the rest...
So you need to build a disk server which can be access by many cpu at a time: means huge amount of memory for buffering and fast drive, fast cpu...

(at that level, I think you can do that as well on aws)

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
AizenSou

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:22:56 AM

mmh you may be right, everytime i find a good coin with good profit and spread the info, it become unprofitable few days after this, i should stop spreading those type of info lol

inb4 mega china tera farm

Yes so it is Mr. Hero Member. BURST reached 1200 sat yesterday and after you spread the info, it's now 700 sat. Do you think it's not related ? I doubt LOL.
Btw concerning the GPU plotter, even if it reaches the maximum speed, we should take the speed bottleneck of current HDD (not SSD) in calculation:
- Assume the write speed of current HDD generation is around 150MB/s, so you still need 3TB/150MB/60(s/m)/60m = 5.5 hours for filling 3TB disk
- A good CPU could fill 5000 nounces/min -> the speed is around 5000*256KB / 60(s/m) = 21MB/s, so you need roughly 40 hours for filling 3TB disk with a good CPU.

I don't think it's that bad for CPU. If GPU plotter is out, you could expect massive diff increasing and  massive dump too.
AizenSou

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:24:12 AM

First of, I must say that I have no interest in this coin so I didn't look much into detail...
Gpu usually does its his work transmit what it has done to the cpu who would eventually write to hdd. So if on burst the whole thing is just "writing to the disk" well this isn't a gpu thing at all...

You want to improve your perf on Burst: Better cpu, Better Mobo with more SataIII and better HDD supporting high speed transfer... for the rest...
So you need to build a disk server which can be access by many cpu at a time: means huge amount of memory for buffering and fast drive, fast cpu...

You're absolutely correct djm. BURST doesn't need GPU plotter.
bigjme

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:33:04 AM

You're absolutely correct djm. BURST doesn't need GPU plotter.

what it needs is a stratum server that will allow miners to throw resources at a given machine and let that one do all the writing (wallet? lol), a normal nas wont handle huge storage spaces properly so it would need a system to control it

i havent looked into it so i have no idea how it actually works currently

Owner of: cudamining.co.uk
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:50:07 AM

you may be like you have said, but the process can be speeded up with a c code instead of java
AizenSou

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:20:04 AM

you may be like you have said, but the process can be speeded up with a c code instead of java

Faster plotter in C is available weeks ago. Wink
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:40:39 AM

and still no source for windows lol
AizenSou

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:55:49 AM

and still no source for windows lol

Source is available and it's less than 1000 lines of code. Someone should be able to compile it in Windows for you. Sorry but I don't have Windows.
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 12:08:15 PM

Source is available and it's less than 1000 lines of code. Someone should be able to compile it in Windows for you. Sorry but I don't have Windows.

can you point me to the source? tnx
jack80

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 12:12:20 PM

These days what you're undermining any good ? .

Jackpot dont good now .

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES
ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM

djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 12:15:44 PM

java isn't that bad... robots on Mars are operated in java

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
Pages: « 1 ... 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 [1015] 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 ... 1135 »
  Print  

Jump to: