Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:03:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon batch [2] countdown!  (Read 141505 times)
Bowjob (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 07:31:53 AM

And BFL is shipping. Maybe still one month off from mass shipping, but he still is shipping.

Thank you Avalon for going on holiday instead of shipping batch 2!

We will remember it!

> why a switch AND a router?
The router doesn't have that many ethernet ports.

You are so effing greedy that part of me wants batch 2 delayed just to spite you even though I'm part of batch 2 as well. You need to calm down, you will get your units unless you live in the middle of nowhere. It's all about protecting the network. The coins will come in as a bonus.

It seemed like a good idea at the time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 07:36:51 AM

And BFL is shipping. Maybe still one month off from mass shipping, but he still is shipping.

We will remember it!

You are so effing greedy that part of me wants batch 2 delayed just to spite you even though I'm part of batch 2 as well. You need to calm down, you will get your units unless you live in the middle of nowhere. It's all about protecting the network. The coins will come in as a bonus.
Yes, its all about protecting the network. What a load of bs.
Greedy? I lost like 100k€ due to their delays and you call me greedy?
What is greedy exactly? Someone that doesn't like to lose a shitload of money? Well, that's me. I HATE to lose money.

We are not talking about bananas here.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 07:39:18 AM

We will remember it!

You've got completely unrealistic expectations of other people, Bowjob.

For you it's all about protecting the network. For other's (myself included) mining is an investment. When that investment is moving toward being unprofitable or a loss, then of course people will be unhappy.

If the network relied only on unselfish actors it would never have a hashrate sufficient for wider adoption.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
el_rlee
Legendary

Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 10:40:43 AM

BFL starts shipping... would be nice to have my Avalon now
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 11:01:47 AM

They ship just a "video's" currently Grin
Nothing to worry about. It may turn out that when they actually ship all of their units will turn into blasts in customer hands.
We will have our batch 2 units before BFL shipments "hit" the network

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 11:04:54 AM

Nothing to worry about. It may turn out that when they actually ship all of their units will turn into blasts in customer hands.
Yes, but that will anyway "hit" our projected revenues.
BFL proved to have a working chip, that is something i wouldn't have bet about. It's a bad news, regardless they ship it to 10 customers or 10000s.

Thank you organ-of-corti for defending me with your excellent use of english, i will have to learn to express myself that well.

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 11:12:30 AM
Last edit: April 21, 2013, 11:24:46 AM by loshia

BFL proved to have a working chip, that is something i wouldn't have bet about. It's a bad news, regardless they ship it to 10 customers or 10000s.

Thank you organ-of-corti for defending me with your excellent use of english, i will have to learn to express myself that well.

From the time being involved with BTC i have projectd nothing. If i were projecting i would never be part of the game and i would never  have my Avalon batch 1 happy mining for a month+ now.

In BTC world it is much more a gamble than calcs That is my personal opinion. What i know from day one being here that BFL are not capable of doing it. And my opinion is just the same for last 6 mounts.

even thousands of unboxing videos do not matter for me
What matters from me is the people i know with first BFL orders dating from more than 7+ mounts (first BFL ASIC orders) to receive their units and to be able to use them at least for a week or so. That will mean that BFL is actually shipping. That time will EVENTUALLY come but not in near future

PS:

Have you seen a video of BFL running for more than 30 Secs - I have not still Smiley

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 11:30:37 AM

From the time being involved with BTC i have projectd nothing. If i were projecting i would never be part of the game and i would never  have my Avalon batch 1 happy mining for a month+ now.

In BTC world it is much more a gamble than calcs That is my personal opinion. What i know from day one being here that BFL are not capable of doing it. And my opinion is just the same for last 6 mounts.

What matters from me is the people i know with first BFL orders dating from more than 7+ mounts (first BFL ASIC orders) to receive their units and to be able to use them at least for a wee or so. That will mean that BFL is actually shipping. That time will EVENTUALLY come but not in near future

I'm glad you're in a position where the cost of an avalon is such that you can easily afford it - but I couldn't. I need this to at least pay for itself, and preferably pay for the time I've put into it. I certainly wouldn't have been able to purchase on a whim for a gamble.

When the majority of the BFL hashrate arrives is very important. If it arrives sooner rather than later, with the electricity proces I have here I may not make a complete ROI. That would be unfortunate for me. The more you have invested, the more important it gets.

I'm also not saying that there's a problem here - the delivery schedule is pretty much what I expected from both Avalon and BFL, so my plans aren't out of whack yet. But I think you're assuming that none of us actually needs to earn a profit from our purchases, and that is completely wrong.

loshia
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 11:39:45 AM

What matters from me is the people i know with first BFL orders dating from more than 7+ mounts (first BFL ASIC orders) to receive their units and to be able to use them at least for a wee or so. That will mean that BFL is actually shipping. That time will EVENTUALLY come but not in near future

I'm glad you're in a position where the cost of an avalon is such that you can easily afford it - but I couldn't. I need this to at least pay for itself, and preferably pay for the time I've put into it. I certainly wouldn't have been able to purchase on a whim for a gamble.

When the majority of the BFL hashrate arrives is very important. If it arrives sooner rather than later, with the electricity proces I have here I may not make a complete ROI. That would be unfortunate for me. The more you have invested, the more important it gets.

I'm also not saying that there's a problem here - the delivery schedule is pretty much what I expected from both Avalon and BFL, so my plans aren't out of whack yet. But I think you're assuming that none of us actually needs to earn a profit from our purchases, and that is completely wrong.

organofcorti,

I will say no. I skipped batch 3 because of the price i could not afford it (in both BTC/USD and time delivery concerns). But i purchased 2000 chips instead which i do belie is a wise investment. I skipped early batch 2 for the same reason. But i jumped into batch 2 second wave of orders. And yes i do care if there will be a bug in my bank after all. I can clearly state that batch 2 is a winner - 4-5 Mounts of BTC ROI (amusing it will be in our hands within a month or moth and a half)

Good luck dude Smiley

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 11:44:33 AM

organofcorti,

I will say no. I skipped batch 3 because of the price i could not afford it (in both BTC/USD and time delivery concerns). But i purchased 2000 chips instead which i do belie is a wise investment. I skipped early batch 2 for the same reason. But i jumped into batch 2 second wave of orders. And yes i do care if there will be a bug in my bank after all. I can clearly state that batch 2 is a winner - 4-5 Mounts of BTC ROI (amusing it will be in our hands within a month or moth and a half)

Good luck dude Smiley

Yes, I was hoping that too (4 - 5 month ROI) but if ASICminer bring their full 200Thps online by August and BFL deliver more than I expected, the not even the Batch 2 (for which I have an order) will completely pay for itself.

Good luck with the build - I hope you plan to post some pictures as you make your ASIC!

In fact, good luck to us all Wink

loshia
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 11:48:31 AM

organofcorti,

Good luck dude Smiley

Yes, I was hoping that too (4 - 5 month ROI) but if ASICminer bring their full 200Thps online by August and BFL deliver more than I expected, the not even the Batch 2 (for which I have an order) will completely pay for itself.

Good luck with the build - I hope you plan to post some pictures as you make your ASIC!

When you remove BFL from the equation it will pay Smiley

I am not good with math as you but I am trusting my feelings Smiley

PS: it is complete misery how ,many trade-ins will be requested and honored. It may turn out that there will be at least 1000+ batch 2 new orders.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 11:53:11 AM

organofcorti,

Good luck dude Smiley

PS: it is complete misery how ,many trade-ins will be requested and honored. It may turn out that there will be at least 1000+ batch 2 new orders.

1000 more Avalons? You left that in a PS? That can't be good. Ugh. I feel a little ill.

loshia
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 11:57:25 AM

organofcorti,

Good luck dude Smiley

1000 more Avalons? You left that in a PS? That can't be good. Ugh. I feel a little ill.

According to my understanding of trade-in for each trad-in request new purchase batch 2 order will be opened. As far as i know Ngzhang had at least 4 batches of Icarus 200-400 boards each + two batches of lancelots about 300 each.
That is the golden chance for most folks to catch asic train. Time will tell  Wink

cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 11:59:43 AM

To catch the trade in train, they must have ordered a specific element from the Avalon shop back in February, correct?

loshia
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 12:02:44 PM

To catch the trade in train, they must have ordered a specific element from the Avalon shop back in February, correct?
Nope...According to my English skills and trade-in explanation by Bitsinc. I might be wrong of course
Search the forums bitsync posts.

pikeadz

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 12:20:25 PM

ITT:  a couple angry guys counting their chickens before they've hatched.  If it's any consolation, things could be a lot worse.  Your chickens could be deformed and retarded like BFL's customers.
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 12:28:40 PM

ITT:  a couple angry guys counting their chickens before they've hatched.  If it's any consolation, things could be a lot worse.  Your chickens could be deformed and retarded like BFL's customers.

Wrong dude Smiley

It is all about trust i am putting my money where my trust is. And we will have our units as promised. Avalon is far far away from BFL's customer relations. Yes some of Avalon customers are not happy others have issues but we can do nothing to change it. The world is not perfect. Have you heard about HAPPY BFL ASIC CUSTOMER? I have heard about a lot of happy avalon customers including me Cheesy

pikeadz

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 12:31:03 PM

Wrong dude Smiley

It is all about trust i am putting my money where my trust is. And we will have our units as promised. Avalon is far far away from BFL's customer relations. Yes some of Avalon customers are not happy others have issues but we can do nothing to change it. The world is not perfect. Have you heard about HAPPY BFL ASIC CUSTOMER? I have heard about a lot of happy avalon customers including me Cheesy

I am a customer as well.  However, I never invest more than I can afford to lose.  That includes emotional investment.  I took a gamble when I bought these.  My Avalons will get here when they get here and I will have to accept any risk of loss that comes with that order.
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 12:32:44 PM

Wrong dude Smiley

I am a customer as well.  However, I never invest more than I can afford to lose.  That includes emotional investment.  I took a gamble when I bought these.  My Avalons will get here when they get here and I will have to accept any risk of loss that comes with that order.
+1 I completely agree

Just advise - exclude emotional investment - it is getting too hot when time comes  Smiley Or just be prepared with appropriate pills

Elokane

Activity: 817

Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 12:37:23 PM

Has anyone who has not had his order listed and opened a new support ticket received any news from Avalon?

Synereo: liberating the Internet from abusive business models.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
<br>
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: