Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:04:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: "Everyone already knows about bitcoin" no.. no they do not..  (Read 14823 times)
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 07:22:37 PM

Well if you mean they have "heard" about Bitcoin, then I estimate at least 50% of people have heard about it, it's been all over the news everywhere.

But to really "know" Bitcoin, as in exactly what it is, what it can do, its history. Then probably less than 1% of people really "know" Bitcoin.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
greeklogos

Activity: 658
Merit: 152

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 07:26:27 PM

I think people are just mostly lazu to learn about bitcoin, especially if teget havel stable income. I was one od them till i jad mu job. But now i don't and i hope bitcoin will ne mu light on tge dark.
JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 07:28:29 PM

From my country, I could say that only 5% to 10% of its population knows about bitcoin. And from that sample size, most of them think that it is a form of scam and is used in illegal transactions. I could say that our culture here doesn't readily accept change/new technology and they don't want to accept that such thing exists.
carlerha

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 07:37:14 PM

In my place of work only one or two people knew about bitcoin, majority does not know anything about bitcoin, personally I have been in the forefront of enlightening and educating people around me what bitcoin is all about and I am convinced with all my efforts more people will know more about bitcoin I am imploring other members of this forum to do same so as to educate more people about bitcoin.
i think you should introduce bitcoin in your area. when i start using bitcoin same was the case in my area. i think i ws the first person who know about bitcoin but then i start introducing bitcoin in my area and now i can see that majority of people are using bitcoin in fact i started introducing bitcoin to my family first and then to my friends and now a good number of people are using bitcoin here in my area.
weblouartisan

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

Lets Go Adab

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 07:44:39 PM

That's because our economy is running through real money. Another thing is that, it will be really better if there's not that much people who knew about cryptocurrency so that the value will be always high because the supply is low. Bitcoin mining here in my country is very popular. Some of the people here may know the word "bitcoin-mining" but doesn't really know what's the purpose of bitcoin mining.

olliedickman

Activity: 218

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 07:47:40 PM

From my country, I could say that only 5% to 10% of its population knows about bitcoin. And from that sample size, most of them think that it is a form of scam and is used in illegal transactions. I could say that our culture here doesn't readily accept change/new technology and they don't want to accept that such thing exists.
5% is a good number. In my country, I think that there is only 1% of the population know about bitcoin. And only 25% of those people know exactly what bitcoin is and what it can do to our life. Other only hear about bitcoin on the television or on the internet and do not give a damn care to bitcoin
TechnoMusic

Activity: 143

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 07:50:00 PM

Many pupil heard for a bitcoin on tv but with very low amount of informations and because verylow informations very low amount of pupil are starting to use bitcoin.
Ctn

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 04:41:01 AM

That's crazy man. But why would they know unless and until they are told about it. It's like telling them about future machines do exists and of course they will go crazy about it.

Bitcoin is still in early stages of development and no one actually did its publicity or something like that. We also got to know about it from the internet when we were kids and were looking for how to earn money online. Lols.

Now not everybody is like us and not all of them are searching for ways to earn money from internet so they have less chances of hitting the bitcoin unless someone like us comes in their contact.
se150401317

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 04:43:47 AM

Its not only that people do not know about bitcoin, its also the myths and wrong information people have about bitcoin, like many people think bitcoin is illegal, other think its a fraud, very few actually know about what it actually is.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 04:54:10 AM

Its not only that people do not know about bitcoin, its also the myths and wrong information people have about bitcoin, like many people think bitcoin is illegal, other think its a fraud, very few actually know about what it actually is.

Absolutely agree with the statement that there is too much misconception among the common people. When I was discussing Bitcoin with my friends and family members, the very first question they asked was 'I have heard that Bitcoin is banned and it is illegal, right?'. I explained them the fact and told them to have a look at the countries which made it legal. Bitcoin is not illegal but using it for banned/prohibited activities is illegal and that even applies to the fiat currencies.

We as individual Bitcoin users should take some efforts to build awareness about Bitcoin and clear the misconceptions among our circle.
janedt

Activity: 430
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 05:09:30 AM

Actually it's the same situation in my country here. Everytime i ask my friends or my colleague, most of them are don't know about bitcoin. Bitcoin is not very popular here, it's like only 0.1% of the population in my country or even less. We need to spread more and tell them about bitcoin.
BurstIncomeAsset

Activity: 504
Merit: 511

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 05:12:57 AM

Most people take their circle of people they know as the measure for the whole world. Of course if someone ever reached this forum, they probably know lots of informed people that probably will know something about btc.
And have heard of BTC is different from know about btc of course.
Choyor

Activity: 672
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 05:15:14 AM

Almost everyone knows bitcoin, but the minority of people who use it, most of them do not understand what bitcoin. Especially for those who do not have access to the internet. As well as in my residence where the level of public awareness of bitcoin is still low. There is no shopping place or restaurant that provides payment using bitcoin. Maybe that's also the reason investors are reluctant to invest bitcoinnya into shopping centers or restaurants that payments using bitcoin. Even if there may be very helpful for bitcoin users.
chocolah29

Activity: 588
Merit: 128

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 05:42:58 AM

I think if you talk to people in the 20 year range, most will have heard about it
Not sre about most girls though

If you on campuses a lot of people have heard of it

Exactly. Here in my country, most bitcoiners here are in the ages of 15 to 20+ years old. They are usually college students. Like they are the one's who is knowledgeable about bitcoin, maybe because the youth now is more expose in the internet and they are more techy. So when you ask them if they know bitcoin they will answer you quickly and you will be satisfied with the response that you get.
Maybe OP approach the wrong people that's why he stated this. Grin

SUBSCRIBE NOW
speem28

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 06:08:14 AM

Many still lack the knowledge and the interest in bitcoin, so we're still a long way from the mass adoption that we've been wanting for so long. Most of us are not that open to trying new things that they have just heard of, they want solid proofs that will testify our claims about bitcoin before they go and try it for themselves. I get that a lot, I always tell my friend here in my are about bitcoin but they don't get interested in my story until I showed them proofs that I'm using bitcoin to purchase things that I want online and it has given me a decent amount of money.
Aamir1

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 06:17:07 AM

Of course not everyone knows about bitcoin. No matter how popular we think bitcoin is but it still needs a lot of time to spread completely in the world. I personally never came up meeting a person knowing anything about bitcoin, nor i have ever seen a place where bitcoin is even written, so i don't think there is any progress around me atleast, and that makes me realize that bitcoin still needs a lot of time to reach many places in the world.
lonelygrimm

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 07:48:08 AM

Almost everyone knows bitcoin, but the minority of people who use it, most of them do not understand what bitcoin.

I must agree with your statement, just take example in this forum, there is some people just using this forum to search ICOs or bounty thing to take profit from it, but they never know what are they really doing,  how crypto works, keep complaining for any problem. People should be learn with their daily activity, don't need to be expert on it, just know the basic is okay.

Ryan Dugan

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 08:06:44 AM

I think that when people say everyone has heard of Bitcoin they mean anyone important xP Such narsisistic behavior. xD
Well I'm pretty sure anyone into technology and computers knows what Bitcoin is. How could you not ?

DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 01:37:48 PM

I think that when people say everyone has heard of Bitcoin they mean anyone important xP Such narsisistic behavior. xD
Well I'm pretty sure anyone into technology and computers knows what Bitcoin is. How could you not ?
There is still a chance that a technology lover doesn't know bitcoin because bitcoin is not that easy to know because if we will observe the internet, bitcoin is not yet spread like a virus so bitcoin is still in the process of getting recognized by the people in the world or internet. Bitcoin is just like a new weird word for most of the people but sooner they will understand what is bitcoin.
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 09:21:47 AM

Most people take their circle of people they know as the measure for the whole world. Of course if someone ever reached this forum, they probably know lots of informed people that probably will know something about btc.
And have heard of BTC is different from know about btc of course.
It is right that mostly people are deciding according to their own circumstances. I think mostly people are unaware of bitcoin.

Rare people would you find in your society who know about bitcoin and especially those people who are linked to internet and social media. Bitcoin has not yet been recognized across the world. I think bitcoin would got incredible rise in price when all the world become aware of bitcoin completely.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: