Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:56:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: "Everyone already knows about bitcoin" no.. no they do not..  (Read 14823 times)
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 01:13:27 PM

advantages involved.... And what it can bring in the future
The best feasible way of making people interested into bitcoin must be explaining about the investment opportunities of bitcoins. I guess 99% of people will get interested into a high potential investment opportunities.

I think many don't really understand what Bitcoin is, and how to go about it
Practically we cannot make people to understand about bitcoin unless they themselves start shows interest. Fortunately Satoshi had included the investment characteristics with bitcoin and we need to make use of it properly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 02:29:01 PM

I told your friends about Bitcoin and parents, but no one believes him, thinking that this is an unnecessary dummy
maybe they're not too concerned about the function bitcoin what you say, or do you give him only a bitcoin just a currency. so that they are not interested in bitcoin?
Maybe what you can do is teach them properly. Not just tell them about it. Of course the very idea of bitcoin would really be hard to grasp, specially when it is there very first encounter with digital currency. A brief explanation like tell them what it can do and what are the basic features that would be an advantage over fiat currency.

I think its useless trying to teach people about bitcoin, they will never see the point as long as fiat currency works as expected. Except niche cases, in the first western world nobody needs bitcoin. Why would they? they can use digital dollars and euro and get anything they want.

Until the governments remove physical cash, bitcoin will remain as a speculative asset to most of the developed western world, but for chinese, Argentinian, Venezuelans etc it is a vital way to move their collapsing wealth out of their countries.

Sooner or later we will see the necessity in the western world and that's when bitcoin explode to 1 million per coin.
sportis

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Veni, Vidi, Vici

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 10:40:36 AM

I told your friends about Bitcoin and parents, but no one believes him, thinking that this is an unnecessary dummy
maybe they're not too concerned about the function bitcoin what you say, or do you give him only a bitcoin just a currency. so that they are not interested in bitcoin?
Maybe what you can do is teach them properly. Not just tell them about it. Of course the very idea of bitcoin would really be hard to grasp, specially when it is there very first encounter with digital currency. A brief explanation like tell them what it can do and what are the basic features that would be an advantage over fiat currency.

I think its useless trying to teach people about bitcoin, they will never see the point as long as fiat currency works as expected. Except niche cases, in the first western world nobody needs bitcoin. Why would they? they can use digital dollars and euro and get anything they want.

Until the governments remove physical cash, bitcoin will remain as a speculative asset to most of the developed western world, but for chinese, Argentinian, Venezuelans etc it is a vital way to move their collapsing wealth out of their countries.

Sooner or later we will see the necessity in the western world and that's when bitcoin explode to 1 million per coin.

I have a completely different position. I am confident that is very useful for people learn to use bitcoin. There is no need to learn all the technical details; only the basics. Bitcoin is not only for western world. On the contrary I would say that has more benefits for other countries. China, India and Venezuela do not belong to western world, do they?
13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 10:44:11 AM

Of course it isn't necessary at all that anyone and everyone may know about Bitcoins. There are also people who carry out most of their transactions in cash and would have no clue what a cryptocurrency means. You can't blame them either its not even their fault.
AbdTstpr

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 02:44:38 PM

The number of people who know about it is low. In addition to the fact that few people are aware of this, there is an even smaller portion of people who understand the tech and its impacts on the economy. But it will not take long until the number of people who know and use Bitcoin increases, the Bitcoin network effect is real.
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 02:48:26 PM

Well its depends to whom you are explaining the bitcoins technology. If the learner is computer literate he/she will easily grab the knowledge, however on the other hand if they do not have know how of internet, it will be real difficult to tell them about bitcoins and its working.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 02:55:30 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2017, 05:28:43 PM by deisik

I think its useless trying to teach people about bitcoin, they will never see the point as long as fiat currency works as expected. Except niche cases, in the first western world nobody needs bitcoin. Why would they? they can use digital dollars and euro and get anything they want

It is not only that

We shouldn't forget either that much of the so-called Western world is heavily indebted. The current economic paradigm reigning in developed countries today encourages people to spend rather than to save, and still more encouraging to spend more than you can earn (i.e. spending today your tomorrow's income). Bitcoin is from a totally different universe, it favors savers, not spenders. Therefore until the mind-blowing and mind-boggling consumerism is done with, things aren't going to change much, while Bitcoin is not going to get into the mainstream in the developed world

allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 02:57:33 PM

100% absolutely not. The amount of people I regularly encounter who have absolutely NO idea what BTC is, is still monumentally overwhelming. Even those who "think" they know what it is, typically don't even have the most basic understanding of what it is, nor the community that surrounds it.

Script

Activity: 263
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 02:58:14 PM

I've never assumed 'everybody' heard about bitcoin, it is very common for me people hearing about bitcoin for the first time from me.

But it's also common people hearing from me for the first time about a log of technologies, like TOR, autonomous cars, how DNS works... Cheesy

❰❰❰ GREENPAPER █████   TERRAGREEN   █████  ANN THREAD ❱❱❱
●●● ▬▬ Facebook  ❰❰❰  Blockchain Based Renewable Energy Platform  ❱❱❱  LinkedIn ▬▬ ●●●
Telegram Twitter    ICO Website    Reddit    Medium
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 03:03:13 PM

No, I don't think so.
In fact, I know many people who don't know anything about bitcoin.
Some of them are even afraid to buy something online or to use Internet banking Smiley
We have a lot more work to do in order to inform public about bitcoin.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Jordan_Hodge

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 03:05:23 PM

Not surprising that they haven't heard of it. None of my family members know much about it either except for the fact that it has some value. The only people who follow the internet news would have likely heard about it. Its very rare to have a new article about it too.
My family members now know about it because of me - I see this as our duty, to inform and educate those nearest to us. I'm still the only one who hodls any though Wink
Fundamentals Of

Activity: 2310
Merit: 366

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 03:11:09 PM

Every time I go to the bank I like to ask them if they have heard of BTC, most of the time the answer is no.   
I do ask a lot of people about BTC.. a restaurant near me.. near ish use to accept it as well, I asked to pay with it, they said it no longer exists.. .... ...

Most people I find still have zero idea what BTC is unless they are friends with the likes of us.. I don't think we are even in early adoption stage.. we are in "the chasm" .. it would appear we are going to survive though... appear anyways..

I dunno just something I have taken note of. 

Pretty much everyone that has heard of it assumes it's worth like 5 cents and shits themselves when I say it's $1k (Cad) .. we are in very interesting times with BTC.

It is indeed the case right now.

Actually, we seem like so many here but we are not. We are too few. Almost everyone here belongs to some close friends or groups that know BTC. But when you try to go out of that closed group, BTC is already very foreign and strange. The big part of the world is actually clueless of this thing called cryptocurrency.
lonelygrimm

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 03:15:53 PM

same here, even i already tried to make them understand about bitcoin and can use it because there is lot of advantage using it, but their respond just be like "meh idgaf with that"/ "you will be scammed boy" and some of them even told me that bitcoin is created by an company to take profit from people (agreed with this for some ICOs Tongue), but if we told them about "gold" price rising they will be hype like kids in the christmas, wtf

Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 03:33:54 PM

same here, even i already tried to make them understand about bitcoin and can use it because there is lot of advantage using it, but their respond just be like "meh idgaf with that"/ "you will be scammed boy" and some of them even told me that bitcoin is created by an company to take profit from people (agreed with this for some ICOs Tongue), but if we told them about "gold" price rising they will be hype like kids in the christmas, wtf
Well that is the sad thing about Bitcoin even it has haters and non-believers but look on the bright side the only thing affecting is us and we can do something about it. We can always simply ignore it, yes we cannot avoid some misconceptions with Bitcoin but nothing bad will happen to Bitcoin with that kind of people. The joke will be on them as they have missed a great opportunity in their lifetime. Also you must always learn who your audience are and be careful on who you might share it next.
babygun

Activity: 2100
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 03:42:11 PM

I think more and more people are getting to know bitcoin.
Last week I had an appointment with my fysio therapist and suddingly he started talking about bitcoin lol.
He is 50, but has bought some bitcoin back in 2013 just for fun. Smart guy!

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
lonelygrimm

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 05:21:13 PM

Well that is the sad thing about Bitcoin even it has haters and non-believers but look on the bright side the only thing affecting is us and we can do something about it. We can always simply ignore it, yes we cannot avoid some misconceptions with Bitcoin but nothing bad will happen to Bitcoin with that kind of people. The joke will be on them as they have missed a great opportunity in their lifetime. Also you must always learn who your audience are and be careful on who you might share it next.

abosolutely mate, i don't want some jealous person will tell authorities and will ban local bitcoin exchange, it's really possible after what happens to btc-e

Klausi

Activity: 536
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 05:38:26 PM

abosolutely mate, i don't want some jealous person will tell authorities and will ban local bitcoin exchange, it's really possible after what happens to btc-e
Exactly! I think many of us would agree on this because we are the living proofs of bitcoin and no matter what they do they can't let bitcoin down. If so,they won't get any profit. I think they are also paid. It's a matter of business strategy wherein you have to do something to your opponent though you belong in the same team. Too bad for those who take part in scams,aside from not being good it won't take the chance to cycle the bad side of you. So let's get rid of futile information that is only deteriorating the name of bitcoin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
TIDOVEE

Activity: 1246
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 05:47:51 PM

bitcoin is not yet known to everyone, considering the young and old, illiterate and the literate, it will still take a long time for all to know it.
bitbunnny
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1068

WOLF.BET - Provably Fair Crypto Casino

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 06:08:16 PM

For people here on forum Bitcoin si something very natural and something they are familiar with but it's nit si for everyone. Lot od peopel still have never heard od Bitcoin or think that si something illegal, not profitable and they don't want anything to have with it. Bitcoin still needs to be promoted and people educated about it.

gabbie2010

Activity: 2646
Merit: 322

Vave.com - Crypto Casino

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 07:07:32 PM

In my place of work only one or two people knew about bitcoin, majority does not know anything about bitcoin, personally I have been in the forefront of enlightening and educating people around me what bitcoin is all about and I am convinced with all my efforts more people will know more about bitcoin I am imploring other members of this forum to do same so as to educate more people about bitcoin.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: