Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:19:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: "Everyone already knows about bitcoin" no.. no they do not..  (Read 14823 times)
NewBet

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:56:25 PM

Not only do most people not know about Bitcoin, but by my estimation I would say only 1% or less of the world's population has ever owned any Bitcoin at all and of that maybe half even understand what it is about.

And of those 0.5%, maybe 1//10 actually understand the underlying technology. And then maybe 1/100 of them is even proficient in blockchain technology. These numbers are of course not scientifically proven, and are only my estimations. Tongue
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
illete

Activity: 115
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:14:22 PM

Majority of people don't know about bitcoin and some ratio knows but ignore it mean no serious interest,we are blessed and lucky being part of community and every member have responsibility to share own views and experience with others that in short time line we take more benefits from it and contribute for the community.
sumangs

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:26:33 PM

Yes they do not especially elderly people. They do not find interest to those stuff too. This would be a hard time for them to learn it possibly.
CryptOliver

Activity: 83
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:43:55 PM

with the current technological advances, bitcoin is also highly developed, bitcoin news is spread through social networks as well as on a TV channel, powered by sophisticated smartphones now, we can access anywhere ...
sampalokmix

Activity: 315
Merit: 100

Investing in the future development of blockchain

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:48:45 PM

Every time I go to the bank I like to ask them if they have heard of BTC, most of the time the answer is no.   
I do ask a lot of people about BTC.. a restaurant near me.. near ish use to accept it as well, I asked to pay with it, they said it no longer exists.. .... ...

Most people I find still have zero idea what BTC is unless they are friends with the likes of us.. I don't think we are even in early adoption stage.. we are in "the chasm" .. it would appear we are going to survive though... appear anyways..

I dunno just something I have taken note of. 

Pretty much everyone that has heard of it assumes it's worth like 5 cents and shits themselves when I say it's $1k (Cad) .. we are in very interesting times with BTC.
We have the same situation just like here in our country, although manu people have already known bitcoin for a long period of time, still a lot more people do not know about its existence and what bitcoin cryptocurrency is all about. That is why we cannot still implement the wide use of bitcoin cryptocurrency to be directly use as a term of payment because we still have to convert it into our national currency for us to be able to use it and we still rely into banks to offer the exchange rate for our bitcoins to be effectively used.

cl37007

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:51:39 PM

Alot people now now about Bitcoin but it is not important or relevant to them. There will inevitably be people who still don't know about it if they don't follow the news or read relevant publication online. Your bank may be playing dumb and have been told not to talk about this magic internet money as it rocks the boat for their industry too much

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
ellabanana

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:57:25 PM

Yes indeed. The concept of bitcoin is a bit complicated at first. So, I think we should empower our millenials, since they will be the one who will lead the future. And I think, it will not be too difficult since our millenials are more into social media.

DRAWDE_3691

Activity: 168

Decentralized Escrow currency for Crypto world

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:41:13 AM

Most people I find still have zero idea what BTC is unless they are friends with the likes of us.. I don't think we are even in early adoption stage.. we are in "the chasm" .. it would appear we are going to survive though... appear anyways..

I really had a bad experience when its comes to bitcoin. I was the only one from my family to know about it, and they were asking me where do I get money even if I don't work full time. "Are you an addict?" that's the question they ask. I just smile and told them about bitcoin, but, still they are not so convinced.

Bottomline is, still so many doesn't know anything, and even if they know, they still don't- don't get the idea how it works.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●   ESCROWCOIN  ●  Decentralized Escrow currency for Crypto world    ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
⦿  Discord  ⦿  Twitter  ⦿  Telegram  ⦿
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ⦿  BUY NOW   ⦿  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 07:45:18 AM

Yes indeed. The concept of bitcoin is a bit complicated at first. So, I think we should empower our millenials, since they will be the one who will lead the future. And I think, it will not be too difficult since our millenials are more into social media.
That is the problem with our millennials. They are addicted to social media. The social media isn't the best source to get information. False news and rumors are all spread through the social media. It is hard to determine how much authentic those news are which are spread through social media.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Hannahanto

Activity: 826
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 09:10:41 AM

Every time I go to the bank I like to ask them if they have heard of BTC, most of the time the answer is no.  
I do ask a lot of people about BTC.. a restaurant near me.. near ish use to accept it as well, I asked to pay with it, they said it no longer exists.. .... ...

Pretty much everyone that has heard of it assumes it's worth like 5 cents and shits themselves when I say it's $1k (Cad) .. we are in very interesting times with BTC.
Yah. I at times feel happy to be amongst the ones who know bitcoin and being in support everyday. 70 to 80  percent of people are yet to know what's bitcoin. I am sure in two to three years minimum 50% of people would be aware of bitcoin and crypto currencies. Crypto is going to rock currency world.
awawo

Activity: 406
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:08:52 AM

Many people have hard of bitcoin the problem is they don't really understand how it works.
In my country even the bank know about bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies they even educate they customers and some bankers are already investors in bitcoin, but still at that is only the educated that have the knowledge on how to carry out transactions in bitcoin but many uneducated have no idea of what bitcoin is.
Jafri101

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 11:45:38 AM

I dont think so every person knows about bitcoin. I think many of the people knows about bitcoin but not most of them. People just know what is it but dont try to use them in daily life. So still there is time to let people realise.
andthereyou

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:37:17 PM

Almost all people who have access to internet have the chance to know/read about bitcoin because they were ads everywhere in facebook, twitter etc. However they seems don't care about thus they don't bitcoin unless a friend who knows bitcoin explain it to them.
thepolarbear

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 01:58:22 PM

many will have heard the word in passing. they won't know what it means. i think it'll be at least 5-10 years before it dawns on a small number of people in global terms.

I think some of the people probably heard the BTC but I guess they don't really know about it for a reason that it is still 'unknown' in the society. Most of the people are tradional and not so techy (technology literate) so there is a huge chance they don't know the existence of it. In my opinion, even some of the bitcoiners are still ignorant in bitcoin especially to those who are new. It will take a lot of time to finally arise and use the bitcoin by all of us.
BitBenefit

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 02:31:44 PM

It is a matter of time , bitcoin made it to the news many times so we're on the right path
nagatraju

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:20:40 PM

I agree that people are not so literate to follow new technologies...therefore not all people know about it...but only those who are interested in innovations
nemesis_

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 02:37:13 PM

Bitcoin may be active than ever and it is being known by more people as days passed by but those people with no internet access and who live in rural places may not know this. There are still people who can’t get in touch with the developing technology. There are also individual who are not interested enough with cryptocurrency to know what bitcoin is. Furthermore, elderly people has a big chance of not knowing this and it will take time for them to learn this.

jayc89

Activity: 756

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:00:08 PM

A lot of people are old-fashioned. Some don't know how to use a computer.

Bitcoin is still a new thing to most people.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
zenrol28
Copper Member

Activity: 854
Merit: 110

Give Hope For Everyone!

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 09:19:17 PM

Yep, even in my place. All of my friends don't know it except those who i already endorsed bitcoin to them. I saw people in social media that tend to know bitcoin. But nah, they only know it because they believe it could give them money if they invited someone to join an HYIP. They lack of awareness that cryptocurrency exists.

JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:00:48 AM

well thats pretty unfortunate if everyone doesnt know doesnt knoe about it it can be their fault itself
because they are the ones who are missing out the important profits , they are missing the ability to trade
and many other things
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: