Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:43:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 344 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🎥 PureVidz.net: Decentralized Streaming WebTorrents 🎥 VIDZ - Trading Now 🎥  (Read 323658 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Bemerand

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 08:22:49 AM

@Developer: I tried out the site tonight and it's awesome. It's fast, it's easy, etc. I think this could really catch on. But there is one fatal flaw, I believe, which is that it's the torrent protocol and many ISPs are sniffing that traffic. Like about a month ago I downloaded 3 TV shows that weren't available on network sites, nor were they going to be on TV for months, so there was no other option. I got THREE letters in the mail threatening me. So ridiculous that we have zero options and still get punished.

But anyways, the question is... would we not face the same issues with this service?

Shit dude. You got letters in the mail for streaming some tv shows? Where do you live, North Korea?  Grin

It's so ridiculous. The last time I got a letter prior to that was with a different ISP and was with a movie that never even went to disc (so no way to even purchase it) and was older, yet still got hit with a lawsuit threat over it. I can understand being upset when you COULD have purchased something, but when there is literally no other option but to download it, it's stupid to punish you.

Dude, what kind of terror watch list are you on man.  Cheesy I know a hundred people who illegally download and stream and I dont know one of them who ever got a letter in the mail because of it. You got it tough dude i feel sorry for you.

88.36255237114% of all ICO's are SCAMS
the_coldplay

Activity: 168
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 08:38:05 AM

Thank you dev for the answer. For investing from exchange wallet  i can send btc or i need to have in my own wallet?

▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄
▄▄
◥◤
◢◣
JOIN THE CLUB !
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄
▄▄
Menereron

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 11:16:53 AM

Thank you dev for the answer. For investing from exchange wallet  i can send btc or i need to have in my own wallet?

You can send from any address but it would be much safer to send from an address you hold the private keys to?
Kayak gigantic

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 12:23:48 PM

What bountys are being offered.
The-Accountant

Activity: 82

Legendary.

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 12:26:16 PM

Watched the accountant tonight. Site worked good and the movie played fine in 1080p I think.
I'll test out uploading one tomorrow but of this catches fire it could spread rapidly.
My only complaint is that in full screen the bottom bar that includes the volume and time remained open the whole time.
Would have liked to see that fade away after 10 seconds like most sites.

You was watching me? You naughty boy!

When I had full screen I never had that remain. Did you move your cursor to the side of the screen?

I wasn't watching you and I dont particularly like you either but the movie was good like I said in my other post.

Hey dumb ass - I never asked if you liked me or how good the movie was Cheesy

Thanks for making me aware of the fuck nut you are though.

Please come again....

Welcome to my ignore list.

Truth hurts does it huh?

In future a thank you would be better than ignore but each to their own.

Just because you are a legendary with btc does not mean you can be shitty with people who try and help you.

Corvette08

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 01:18:18 PM

I added American Sniper for you guys yesterday. Its one of my favorites, but not my favorite war time movie but close to it. That award would be a tie between Platoon and Saving Private Ryan. Maybe if I have some free time later I'll try and get them uploaded too. And just wanted to mention that I love how easy the site is to use. Cant wait for the next beta but moreso for when it gets big and there are ten of thousands of tv series and movies to watch. That's going to be something special.
yhlsqj

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 01:52:08 PM

This seems a reliable ICO, because it has 2 famous escrows, and partial release fund system to ensure really delivery, innovative idea, wish you good luck

▄▄
                                ▄████▄
                              ▄████████▄
              ▄             ▄████████████▄
            ▄███▄         ▄████████████████▄
          ▄███████▄     ▄████████████████████▄
        ▄███████████▄ ▄████████████████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄██████████████████████████████████████████████▄
  ▄██████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▀
      ▀██████████████████████████████████████████▀
        ▀███████████▀ ▀████████████████████████▀
          ▀███████▀     ▀████████████████████▀
            ▀███▀         ▀████████████████▀
              ▀             ▀████████████▀
                              ▀████████▀
                                ▀████▀
                                  ▀▀

MICROMONEY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

MicroMoney for People & Big Data for Business

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn

Reddit
Medium
Telegram
UnknownEye

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 01:56:00 PM

How much BTC is the ICO goal. I dont see it mentioned in the op.

I remember seeing a post that it was 50btc but not 100% it was from the dev team lol It will reach it's goal with 2 trusted escrow and only releasing upon milestones being completed.
Corvette08

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 02:18:26 PM

This seems a reliable ICO, because it has 2 famous escrows, and partial release fund system to ensure really delivery, innovative idea, wish you good luck

That's why im investing is because of the escrow setup and the easy to use site.
imbladednow

Activity: 481

Woking as a binman sucks.

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 03:08:47 PM

I added American Sniper for you guys yesterday. Its one of my favorites, but not my favorite war time movie but close to it. That award would be a tie between Platoon and Saving Private Ryan. Maybe if I have some free time later I'll try and get them uploaded too. And just wanted to mention that I love how easy the site is to use. Cant wait for the next beta but moreso for when it gets big and there are ten of thousands of tv series and movies to watch. That's going to be something special.

Thanks man. Im going to press play on that as soon as my popcorn is ready!  Smiley

I need crypto in my life and garbage out of it.
Pure_Vidz (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 03:21:51 PM

@Developer: I tried out the site tonight and it's awesome. It's fast, it's easy, etc. I think this could really catch on. But there is one fatal flaw, I believe, which is that it's the torrent protocol and many ISPs are sniffing that traffic. Like about a month ago I downloaded 3 TV shows that weren't available on network sites, nor were they going to be on TV for months, so there was no other option. I got THREE letters in the mail threatening me. So ridiculous that we have zero options and still get punished.

But anyways, the question is... would we not face the same issues with this service?

When using any form of file sharing, using a VPN is strongly recommended. That being said, this site uses webRTC which will look different to most ISPs. This should result in no traffic shaping for users and makes it unlikely that you will need to worry about receiving such messages. Given you live in a country where such messages are sent out, I would still strongly recommend using a VPN just to be safe. In the 1.0 site we will offer a full 'user privacy' section detailing our data retention policies, what is logged and best practices to protect your anonymity which will include things such as recommended VPNs (referrals) to help educate users on the best way to stay safe depending on their country.

When is next update from the dev.

The next major update to the site is expected before next weekend. Our goal is during the ICO to launch a significant update to the site every 7-10 days to show our progress and to make sure that we are ready to launch the full 1.0 version of the site as close to the ICO end as possible.

The next beta focuses on the following 3 improvements

-Advanced Search: Filter by media type (movie, tv, other), genre, tags, actors, date.
-Improved video categories: Browse by genre, rating or more to discover new favorites.
-Television support: Submit Series, Season or Episode to the site with proper functionality to skip between episodes.

The interesting thing is, you should try to test how it works. If you make such decision for streamers, to create  decentralized Twitch, it would be cool.

We are doing research and internal tests regarding live streamed torrents but it will not be part of the scope of this initial project. Following the full release based on user interest and the results of our experiments we will announce more on livestream capabilities.

It is definitely doable with this technology but it is not particularly well suited to it. We're looking at ways in which those issues can be overcome and determining if it's something worth exploring in the long term.

All the features bolded will be ready before next weekend?

That is correct. Advanced search, improved content browsing and television support should be ready for public testing before the weekend. My best estimate would be Friday but we will do everything we can to launch it earlier.
titibach

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 03:49:57 PM

That's why im investing is because of the escrow setup and the easy to use site.

The escorw set-up is clearly a winner.
it just gives me so much faith that what they say they will bring they will bring.
if they dont then they dont get paid, so that would be useless to say the least.
HelpTheDogs

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 04:27:57 PM

Developer. Question.

How long until the site is fully populated with movies and shows. Realistically of course. Will that take days, weeks, months, years  Huh
Corvette08

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 04:36:58 PM

it just gives me so much faith that what they say they will bring they will bring.
if they dont then they dont get paid, so that would be useless to say the least.

Yeah. Otherwise this is the biggest fail at a scam ever. "Let's raise this money and run off before we get it"  Cheesy
Pure_Vidz (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 04:53:18 PM

Developer. Question.

How long until the site is fully populated with movies and shows. Realistically of course. Will that take days, weeks, months, years  Huh

Content on the site is populated by its users. There are already a number of people submitting movies to the site but as our new demos roll out, the site improves and more attention is brought to the project you will see the amount of content the site displays to grow exponentially as more people begin to submit more and more media. As listed in the development timeline, we will be creating an API for people to use to create their own tools for the site. This will dramatically increase the amount of content available for a few reasons. The primary benefit is those who are submitting large amounts of content can automate the process and submit hundreds or thousands of files within seconds. The secondary benefit is that 3rd party tools can be developed to scrape and submit data automatically to the site. This will be very useful when filling in backlogs of old movies or shows that might not have bounties associated with them but which users would still enjoy having available.

Realistically I would expect hundreds of movies/shows available before the ICO ends with the number growing to thousands in the first month or so after the site launches to the public. Following the API release that number will quickly grow to the tens of thousands. A large portion of that growth will depend on the success of our advertisement campaigns (twitter/forum campaigns, global contribution bounties, reaching out to existing torrenting communities, reaching out to crypto communities and more)
titibach

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 05:52:52 PM

Yeah. Otherwise this is the biggest fail at a scam ever. "Let's raise this money and run off before we get it"  Cheesy

That would be one for the record books wouldnt it? lol
this couldn't be any more legit if it tried.
this compared to real names taking all funds at once, ill take this.
doona38317

Activity: 106

Some day i too can have a avatar and be like you.

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 06:22:34 PM

Yeah. Otherwise this is the biggest fail at a scam ever. "Let's raise this money and run off before we get it"  Cheesy

That would be one for the record books wouldnt it? lol
this couldn't be any more legit if it tried.
this compared to real names taking all funds at once, ill take this.

One for the record yeah the guinness world record for the stupidest shit ever recorded. Let's face it they will deliver or they would not work the ICO like this and there would be no beta site as good as the one I just see and am watching a movie on. I will report back at the end of the movie and let the thread know the quality etc.

Bitcoin bear will defeat you Bratcoin bulls. Bear bEAR bEAR!
A.M.

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 08:16:14 PM

Is there any timescale of the release of the funds for the milestones and any penalties for not keeping close to it does anyone know? Would be interesting if there was penalties not that I want them to mess up and lose out Cheesy
Lituation

Activity: 698

Free Speech is the most important thing.

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 08:50:38 PM

Is there any timescale of the release of the funds for the milestones and any penalties for not keeping close to it does anyone know? Would be interesting if there was penalties not that I want them to mess up and lose out Cheesy

No timescale to reach the targets that I know of and there shouldn't be the added pressure either as it is clear they will work their asses of to get there asap as it benefits them and is in their best interest to do so. I've been here from the start and they have already got a very smooth and clean site for watching our favorite movies. There are members already uploading so maybe we could make it interesting and set some bitcoin bounties for movies we want. I wonder what they would say is a reasonable price for bad santa two?
Pure_Vidz (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 08:53:39 PM

There is no direct penalties for delayed milestones and that would only encourage us to rush out half finished features to collect funds. That benefits neither the investors nor those using the site. The timeline for development is very aggressive. During the ICO we plan to launch a new set of features and improvements to the demo site every 7 days so that by the end of the ICO we will be ready to jump right into meeting our milestones as quickly and effectively as possible.

10% following the conclusion of the crowdfunding after all funds are accounted for
10% after the launch of our initial coin network
30% after the release of our website with core functionality
  • Account Management
  • Media / Video Management
  • Searching by title, tags, genres
25% after the first major update to our website
  • Auto-populating metadata and tagging
  • Video Suggestions (by similar tags)
  • Playlist Management
  • Subscriptions
25% after the the public api 1.0 release to build 3rd party tools for our platform

The first 3 milestones would be within the first week of the ICO ending: account for all funds, launch coin network, launch 1.0 version of the website to the public
The 1.5 update would be within a month of the ICO ending: extend the 1.0 features with things like user playlists, custom tagging, subscriptions, placing manual bounties, etc
The API release would be expected within 2 months of the ICO ending although likely much sooner. This means developers can start writing custom programs to automate submission to the site or to create their own services based on our content (enabling using the site on your TV for example)

A realistic estimate for all of our fundraising milestones would be 1-2 months following the end of the ICO. Obviously we don't want to rush things out though and we will continue to update investors through this thread, our website and our social media pages to offer insight into what the status of development is.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, the next beta should be ready before this weekend which will add advanced search functions, support for TV shows and suggested videos by genre.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 344 »
  Print  

Jump to: