Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 02:08:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 344 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🎥 PureVidz.net: Decentralized Streaming WebTorrents 🎥 VIDZ - Trading Now 🎥  (Read 323657 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
the_coldplay

Activity: 168
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 07:15:49 PM

What time of the day does the ico end. It just says January 9th but no time.  Huh

ANSWER  PLZ.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄
▄▄
◥◤
◢◣
JOIN THE CLUB !
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄
▄▄
IlettheDogeoutt

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 07:38:16 PM

I have a question and a comment. I'll start with my comment 1st. I think this site can do well if you have good intentions and good work ethic but im worried about the escrows.
How can you use 2 of them, who is actually holding the money and who is responsible for making sure the btc are safe?

This is my thoughts exactly. With the right motivation the site will perform very well and I'm looking into the potential numbers now actually, the massive plus is they need to have a great work ethic and motivation to release the funds raised from the ICO so there is no worries for me. From my little knowledge having a 2 of 3 escrow is very very safe.

The devs hold a key, each escrow holds a key making 3 total, there needs to be two of them keys to release the funds making it much more safer than just one escrow holding the funds. If one escrow was used and he ran or got 'hacked' then the money is gone Using 2 of 3 if something happens to one of the escrows, the other with the dev can release the funds upon completing the milestones they have set.

You mean I can have a wallet, with bitcoin in it and have 3 different people who can use the wallet but two of them need to be there at the same time. Where can I read more about this.
the_coldplay

Activity: 168
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 07:54:03 PM

I have a question and a comment. I'll start with my comment 1st. I think this site can do well if you have good intentions and good work ethic but im worried about the escrows.
How can you use 2 of them, who is actually holding the money and who is responsible for making sure the btc are safe?

This is my thoughts exactly. With the right motivation the site will perform very well and I'm looking into the potential numbers now actually, the massive plus is they need to have a great work ethic and motivation to release the funds raised from the ICO so there is no worries for me. From my little knowledge having a 2 of 3 escrow is very very safe.

The devs hold a key, each escrow holds a key making 3 total, there needs to be two of them keys to release the funds making it much more safer than just one escrow holding the funds. If one escrow was used and he ran or got 'hacked' then the money is gone Using 2 of 3 if something happens to one of the escrows, the other with the dev can release the funds upon completing the milestones they have set.

You mean I can have a wallet, with bitcoin in it and have 3 different people who can use the wallet but two of them need to be there at the same time. Where can I read more about this.

You need to spend more time in the beginners section and not in the altcoin section dude. Its called multisignautre wallets.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Multisignature

▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄
▄▄
◥◤
◢◣
JOIN THE CLUB !
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄
▄▄
IlettheDogeoutt

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 08:11:46 PM

You need to spend more time in the beginners section and not in the altcoin section dude. Its called multisignautre wallets.

No need to be snooty about it.  Thanx
dukeneptun
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 08:32:37 PM

No need to be snooty about it.  Thanx

Multisig wallets are the best for when multiple people need to access a shared bitcoin wallet. Do some research on it because its a very important part of bitcoin and will be in the future as businesses pick up bitcoin, and start to hold, pay bills and pay salaries in bitcoin.

BTCnoobTard

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 08:50:11 PM

So many new movies in the last 10 days being uploaded but not to many tv shows. Are movies really more popular then tv?

RENT ME!
szachta

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 09:00:03 PM

You can uplad two and half men all sesons in polish and one angry charlie and big bang theory?Assasin creed i have in englsh not good quality.
BTCnoobTard

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 09:03:26 PM

You can uplad two and half men all sesons in polish and one angry charlie and big bang theory?Assasin creed i have in englsh not good quality.

I think the movies right now are more popular by the looks of it. But. When the site starts you can use vidz to put up a bounty for Polish dubbed stuff.

RENT ME!
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 09:10:48 PM

I posted a polite request:

Seriously? The whole fucking ANN?

Can you please remove the spam.

Pretty please.

A link will do.

To reduce this post on another thread:

That's just a site that streams over bittorrent as it is right now.

Can you tell me how they plan to use crypto currency as part of the project?

It also has a central web site, it's very vulnerable to take downs? can you tell me how they plan to solve this?

Leigh.

i'd read the more technical detailed post in the thread...
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1696889.msg17023417#msg17023417

Technical Details: Domain Routing

Domain routing is one of the techniques we'll be employing to ensure that our service is always online. The way this works is you have one central domain for example purevidz.net which then uses some form of client-side code to look-up what the newest domain is for the current version of the service.

There's a few ways this can be done and one way is using the Bitcoin blockchain itself. The way this is done is using the Bitcoin op code known is OP_RETURN

OP_RETURN is a script opcode used to mark a transaction output as invalid. Since the data after OP_RETURN are irrelevant to Bitcoin payments, arbitrary data can be added into the output after an OP_RETURN. Since any outputs with OP_RETURN are provably unspendable, OP_RETURN outputs can be used to burn bitcoins. Currently, the default Bitcoin client relays OP_RETURN transactions up to 80 bytes, but does not provide a way for users to create OP_RETURN transactions.
- Bitcoin Wiki

Suppose we have some address that we own the private key to. This means that we are the only ones able to broadcast a transaction from said address. Knowing this, we can then perform transactions from our staticly defined address to any other address we own and include an OP_RETURN of the newest website. For example, "purevidz234.net" is well under the 80 byte restriction.

Our client-side code or router can then look up all transactions from our defined address via an api such as blockchain.info and look for the most recent transaction. From this, it can determine the OP_RETURN value of said transaction, and then route you to the value of it. All of this can be elegantly done with a little bit of Javascript.

Bounties Ecosystem

Bounties are a great way for users of the website to influence what is added and to ensure that content is added at a healthy rate to the service to keep users entertained and the site running smoothly. To help with this, there are actually a number of types of bounties each of which work in slightly different ways. Contributors to the site may always view a list of available bounties ordered by their value. When these requests are filled and a moderator confirms the content is working, properly formatted and properly tagged then the bounty is split between the person who submits the torrent (75%), the moderator who reviewed it (12.5%) and the development fund (12.5%).
All users who have registered an account on the website will have a trust value based on how accurate their submissions, reviews and ratings have been in the past. Users with high trust ratings may be offered moderator status. Moderators are unable to review their own submitted content and will be removed and blacklisted if they incorrectly approve fake/misleading content.

User Bounties

Any user on the website may place a bounty for items not currently indexed. These bounties are combined between users increasing the visibility of content that has been requested by multiple users. To place these bounties, users will search for an item that they wish to be added to the site and then specify how many VIDZ tokens from their balance they would like to use. After a confirmation window the bounty will be placed and the VIDZ removed from their account. If a bounty is not filled within 30 days then the bounty is canceled and the tokens are returned to the user’s web wallet.

Global Bounties

Tokens in the development fund are accumulated through user submitted bounties, buyback programs and VIP membership renewals. Every time the fund reaches a certain threshold a new global bounty will begin. Unlike user specified bounties, global bounties assign a fixed number of coins to be distributed among all content added to the site during a specific time period. For example if a 7 day 100,000 VIDZ global bounty begins then at the end of the 7 days these tokens are split equally among all content submitted and approved to the website during that time period. Movies are valued at a 10:1 ratio to television episodes for obvious reasons.
These global bounties act as a way to healthily re-distribute the currency among users who are actively submitting content to the site and allows large amounts of new content to be made available at key times of the year. For example we would be able to trigger specific global bounties encouraging users to upload christmas movies near the holidays or summer blockbusters during the summer.

VIP Requests

When a user purchases VIP status, 60% of the coins are sent to a burn address with 40% being assigned to their request ‘weight’. VIPs may request as many new items to be added to the site as they wish without spending any VIDZ with our system automatically assigning a bounty based on how many items they have been requested and their current request weight. The math behind request weight takes into account how many items the user has requested in the month, the bounties already existing on those items and their perceived scarcity.
For example, requesting a newly released summer blockbuster will increase the visibility of the bounty but will not add a significant amount of VIDZ to it as the likelihood of it being submitted regardless is very high and the number of other bounties placed on it are already significant enough.

Finances

Site Advertisement

Advertisements on Pure Vidz must conform to strict guidelines both in terms of service/site content and in the format of the advertisement itself. Ads must not be misleading, malicious or compete with the services being provided by Pure Vidz. The format of advertisement will be simple CSS styled html links meaning no animations, videos, sounds, popups or popunders. The purpose of these restrictions is to ensure that users are not tracked or put in danger by 3rd party advertising partners and to make sure the site remains clean, quick and functional for all users.

Targeted Advertisement

Targeted advertisement slots consist of paid or referral based ads targeted to the content you are currently watching. This could be posters, shirts, boxed sets or other merchandise that expand the functionality of the site. These ads may not be directly purchased as it would result in the ability for advertisers to more easily track users leaving our website and would cause too many advertisement submissions to do our due diligence in approving. By placing these ads ourselves for approved services it allows us to strengthen their security and relevance to ensure conversion rate is as high as it can be.

VIP Memberships

While the site will be free for all users (registered and guest), VIP memberships will unlock a number of unique features. VIP status is temporary and may be unlocked by using VIDZ tokens, through site promotions or through a fiat gateway.
  • No site advertisements
  • Free content requests
  • Customizable RSS feeds
  • Customizable content notifications
  • Alternate website themes

VPN Referrals

Depending on the copyright laws in the country a user is accessing the service from, a VPN ranges from "recommended" to "necessary". As part of our site we will aim to educate users on what a VPN does for your anonymity and why it should be used when accessing p2p resources. As part of this process, we will be including promoted links to the PureVPN service. Their referral program offers initial commission on new signups as well as recurring commision on accounts that continue after the first month. This will offer the site sustainable long term profits while at the same time informing and protecting our users anonymity.

PureVPN's referral program generates approximately $10 for each new signup and $3.50/month recurring. This means that for each 1000 VPN referrals who remained subscribers for 12 months, the site would generate up to $48,500 (1,000 users * $10 + 1000 users * $3.5/mo * 11 months) in earnings.

VIDZ Buyback and Burning

VIP Earnings - Any VIP memberships purchased with fiat gateways will be allocated to buying back VIDZ tokens from exchanges. The tokens received from these purchases will be treated in the same way as if the VIP had been purchased through VIDZ. 60% will be sent to a burn address with the other 40% being allocated to the user’s request weight for the month. Unused coins from the request weight will be transferred to the development fund.

Referral and Advertisement Earnings - All funds earned from referrals, advertising and other fiat based partnerships are dedicated to three major tasks: site costs, site development and the coin buyback program. A report will be published each month validating funds have been allocated as promised and will also include various metrics showing the growth and profitability of the site.

• Site Costs - 15%
    Every month 15% of the total fiat profits are allocated to the site maintenance fund. This fund is used for server hosting, domains and other expansions of the networking services.

• Development - Variable %
    To ensure that the developers are active in the long term and are heavily invested in the price of the VIDZ currency, the profits from advertisements are proportional to the amount of coins held by the organization. This includes the dev fund, advertisement funds and the personal fund of the developers themselves. As more coins are acquired from the buyback program, the portion of fiat earnings that the developers receives increases. If the service holds 10% of the total VIDZ supply then they only receive 10% of the fiat profits of the site. Auditable information will be published monthly to verify transparency.

• Buyback - The Remaining %
    All remaining fiat profits are routed into the buyback fund which aims to purchase VIDZ from exchanges. Coins received from the buyback program are routed into the development fund (25%), a private holdings fund (25%) and a public burn address (50%). The purpose of this breakdown is so that coins are always being redistributed through the development fund to provide global bounties or social marketing campaigns, to increase the scarcity of the coin by burning them and to increase the stake the developers have in the price of the coin. As the private holdings fund grows, the amount of fiat allocated to the buyback program is lowered.

This is blatant spam.

I have in the past been accused of being aggressive and rude, etc, by people around here, and the poster himself.

Can you see now that perhaps all I was doing is trying to push back on overt spam?

So I'll ask again nicely. Please reduce your overt spam down to a link to answer the question posed.

You can, as I suspect, ignore my polite request. If so, lets keep my reasonable request on record. I'll keep a copy offline, in case this post is removed.
BTCnoobTard

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 09:32:48 PM

Dont be buthurt. The dude asked a question and duke replied with an answer. Why are you so mad?

RENT ME!
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 09:41:41 PM

Dont be buthurt. The dude asked a question and duke replied with an answer. Why are you so mad?

It's a question of spam.

Here are some points to answer your question. Here is a link for the ANN to answer all your questions.

vs.

Posting pretty much the whole ANN in the thread.

So, even though you have taken the opportunity to swear at me, I'll ask politely again for the post to be reduced down to a link back here.
BTCnoobTard

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 09:51:12 PM

It's a question of spam.

Here are some points to answer your question. Here is a link for the ANN to answer all your questions.

vs.

So, even though you have taken the opportunity to swear at me, I'll ask politely again for the post to be reduced down to a link back here.

I never said a swear at you, and I think his answer is fine. Try sending him a pm to ask him to change it but normally thats not how the forum works. You can always report it as spam if you think it is and maybe then it can be removed by a mod. Did you try that?

RENT ME!
Kayak gigantic

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 10:04:45 PM

It's a question of spam.

vs.

Is giving someone information spam, I think giving them a link would be considered spam more then just giving a direct quote. Especially on bitcointalks
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 10:27:45 PM

OK.

So I thought I'd try and be nice. You know, so I can't be accused of being some unreasonable cunt.

As this is a moderated thread, there is little point in me posting anything of substance here.

But...do you know what. Let's give it a day or so. I might be pleasantly surprised. I might have got this whole spam posting thing wrong; even though he has managed to post god knows how many posts since this website ANN went live, after never having posted in the vTorrent thread before.
Kayak gigantic

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 10:39:28 PM

OK.

So I thought I'd try and be nice. You know, so I can't be accused of being some unreasonable cunt.

As this is a moderated thread, there is little point in me posting anything of substance here.

But...do you know what. Let's give it a day or so. I might be pleasantly surprised. I might have got this whole spam posting thing wrong; even though he has managed to post god knows how many posts since this website ANN went live, after never having posted in the vTorrent thread before.

Im not accusing you of anything mate. And I do think you have been nice and polite. Im just sharing my opinion.
Sourgummies

Activity: 728

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 10:44:09 PM

Has anyone done any numbers to the amount of money that can be made buy purevidz after 6months/year etc. I would love to see some hard numbers because as it stands I could own a big amount of vidz for a fairly small investment. 14btc will get me 50% of the coins, it seems this is a gold mine. Looks like I may have to do the numbers and research myself.. Like they say if you want something doing......

Ive done a few calculations but im not sharing them. Smiley
Cheesy Cheesy
RobertDeNiro

I purchase Robert DeNiro Memorabilia

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 11:01:13 PM

I see its over 14 BTCnow invested. Do you guys think it will reach the 50BTCgoal?

IMO it will be, because this project is so innovative. Trust me, it will raise more than 50BTC

Are you going to invest too?

Sourgummies

Activity: 728

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 11:06:33 PM

I see its over 14 BTCnow invested. Do you guys think it will reach the 50BTCgoal?

IMO it will be, because this project is so innovative. Trust me, it will raise more than 50BTC

If you guys are can you not tell the whole fucking world. All we need is 50 btc investments and im sure it will make that, but anything over that eats away at our stake so if you want to invest cool, do it. Just dont tell everyone about it.
RobertDeNiro

I purchase Robert DeNiro Memorabilia

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 11:15:31 PM

If you guys are can you not tell the whole fucking world. All we need is 50 btc investments and im sure it will make that, but anything over that eats away at our stake so if you want to invest cool, do it. Just dont tell everyone about it.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

It's a free world and we can do what we want. Deal with it.

KitcatCat

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 01:05:28 AM

Assasin creed is a movie, I thought it was a game? Huh

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 344 »
  Print  

Jump to: