Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:09:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official CedarTec Topic - New ASIC [Scam?]  (Read 43001 times)
Anonymousg64

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 11:49:59 PM

Finally got a reply, its what i thought:

Dear customer,

thanks for your attention.
The relevant person has forgotton
to remove it from the thumbnail
and a other pictures.

The chip is from a company which is not
under contract with us.
We have already factorys which will
ship us components as microcontroller,
but they have not shipped at the time
we build the prototype, so we bought
from other companies.

We hope you understand why it is not in
our interest to show pictures from
our pcb prototype where we use components from
other manufactures.

With best regards,

Your CedarTec Team

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FlappySocks

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 12:36:28 AM

The photoshopping never bothered me.  I really will be kicking myself if this is all genuine. The bitcoin price for three units I was due to pay was pre the recent price crash.

It was the ATX connector overlapping the SM resistor is what rang the most alarm bells for me. Adding an ATX connector could have been an afterthought I guess, but then what are those signal tracks that appear to go underneath it?  I guess we will just have to wait and see.

ionstorm

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 02:27:11 AM

im glade I held off, I almost pre-ordered, they sent me an address to deposit but I never did, it is interesting that they chose to censor the chips that are not under contract.   But I would love to see some more proof before the pre-order date.  If they do get a finished product and can provide a full lit video explaining everything with live stats I'll be ordering immediately.  I have a little faith that this isnt a scam, they are awefully convincing but if they do acknowledge the rest of our concerns I'll be ordering.  

I would be interested in maybe splitting the funds between 2-4 people to lower the risk and split the profits from the shipped asic between everyone who contributes if anyone is interested.  I can provide my name, number, address, references or any information I can about me and maybe draw up a contract between all of us in the event that this is for real.  BUT, if there is anyone more reputable than I who is trustworthy I would be interested in contributing up to 50% for 50% profits minus estimated electricity usage.  This could work out really nicely since this asic supports multiple workers.  I'd even be open to opening up my network for people to remote in to manage it while im at my day job etc.

PM me or discuss in this thread if interested
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2013, 04:04:08 AM

I'm concern that there's something leaching out of ASIC chips, for all those companies who produce bitcoin miners with them start losing all concept of time.

http://cedartec.net/index.php

After 2 years of development time, we are sure to release and ship our first product in few weeks to our customers, so we have put our webpage online and finally started to accept orders.

http://cedartec.net/news.php

Webpage published

Dear customers,

after nearly 3 years of hard work our first ASIC product reached its final
  stage of development. We can truly announce that the release will be
  soon so we thought it is now time to publish our webpage.

Your CedarTec Team.

05.02.2013 - 1:28 pm

I thought this company was dead on arrival about the time I posted my steampunk image. Now I've read that people actually sent this outfit nonrefundable bitcoins.

http://web.archive.org/web/20010705222345/http://www.cedartec.ch/

Die Einzelunternehmung CedarTec Schweizer entstand Mitte 2001 aus BLITZ-WebDesign Matthias Schweizer. Nach langjähriger Erfahrung im Bereich WebDesign erweiterte sich unser Tätigkeitsgebiet immer mehr auch zu e- Commerce, Consulting und Programming. Um den veränderten Gegebenheiten und dem sich wandelnden Markt gerecht zu werden, wurde CedarTec ins Leben gerufen.

Unsere Fachgebiete:   
e-Commerce
WebDesign
Consulting
Programming
CedarTec freut sich Ihnen ihr umfangreiches Wissen zur Verfügung zu stellen. Für spezielle und umfangreiche Projekte arbeiten wir nötigenfalls mit leistungsfähigen Partnern zusammen. Sie haben den Vorteil, dass Sie nur einen Ansprechpartner haben, der alles Weitere in Ihrem Auftrag erledigt. Dadurch behalten Sie freien Kopf für Ihre Kernkompetenzen!

A sole proprietorship CedarTec Swiss emerged in the mid 2001 FLASH Web Design Matthias Schweizer. After many years of experience in web design, our area of ​​activity also extended to more and more e-commerce, consulting and programming. In order to meet the changed circumstances and the changing market needs, CedarTec was launched.

Our areas of expertise:
e-Commerce
WebDesign
Consulting
Programming
CedarTec pleased to provide you with their extensive knowledge. For special and complex projects, if necessary, we work together with powerful partners. They have the advantage that you only have one contact person who puts it all on your behalf. That way you keep clear head for your core!

http://web.archive.org/web/20070312084632/http://www.cedartec.ch/?id=103

Our business is based in Strengelbach AG. You can reach us both day and night best via mobile phone ... or of course any time by e-mail!

Office:
SOIOS
Matthias Schweizer
Kornweg 10 A
4802 Strengelbach AG

Phone E-mail  info@soios.ch

+41 79 282 93 45

Anonymousg64

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 04:19:48 AM

On their home page:

CEDARTEC was founded 2010 in Lebanon,
with the aim to develop and produce affordable
quality goods with high standards.

It depends on what they consider to be part of their development time. the work before may have contributed in some way for them to say: "after nearly 3 years of hard work"

cedar:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cedrus

apparently common in Lebenon

not so sure the Lebanese CedarTec has any history with the Swiss CedarTec
computerparts

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 05:35:59 AM

the video proves that this company is arabic

ZOMG they are terrorists and the asics are really bombs!
lophie

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 06:20:10 AM
Last edit: May 05, 2013, 06:31:22 AM by lophie

I live in Saudi Arabia so I am relativly close. If they are legit and actually reading this. this is a legit statement:

- I will personally come to you this weekend physically and buy 5 CT-80 and will tip you very generously as well. I will make a documentary of the whole thing as well.

- Lophie

BTW I am an Arab native and I really don't know what he said in the beginning , maybe something like
"يالله بلشنا الشوت"
Dunno if he said الشوت for "we are shooting", I know a bunch of the nationale and never heard them using that term. Not even as slang.

which supposed to means, "Go we started shooting"

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
Anonymousg64

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 07:10:11 AM

I live in Saudi Arabia so I am relativly close. If they are legit and actually reading this. this is a legit statement:

- I will personally come to you this weekend physically and buy 5 CT-80 and will tip you very generously as well. I will make a documentary of the whole thing as well.

- Lophie

BTW I am an Arab native and I really don't know what he said in the beginning , maybe something like
"يالله بلشنا الشوت"
Dunno if he said الشوت for "we are shooting", I know a bunch of the nationale and never heard them using that term. Not even as slang.

Send them an email, ask to visit them to film the prototype. They have not announced starting mass production so they probably dont have any other device then the prototype.
crisuch

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 07:55:50 AM

We only must wait 9 days to know the truth... I also have a order in 8X position.
Anonymousg64

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 08:00:44 AM

We only must wait 9 days to know the truth... I also have a order in 8X position.

there will probably be delays if they do have to go with a pcb redesign to handle the higher power consumption required to reach their target. Delays would seriously further injure their image if they still do not have irrevocable proof.
wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 08:08:51 AM

- Lophie

"يالله بلشنا الشوت"

Send them an email, ask to visit them to film the prototype. They have not announced starting mass production so they probably dont have any other device then the prototype.

Why the hell would he  ask them to make another shitty film, when he's willing to go look at it in PERSON. Seriously, guy, I'm thinking you are a shill for these guys. Either that, or you're delusional.

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
lophie

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 08:16:31 AM

- Lophie

"يالله بلشنا الشوت"

Why the hell would he  ask them to make another shitty film, when he's willing to go look at it in PERSON. Seriously, guy, I'm thinking you are a shill for these guys. Either that, or you're delusional.

I am sorry to tell you that it is either you are very sleep deprived or you lack proper understanding of the language. "ask to visit them to film the prototype" Visiting them is a requirement in the sentence hence "filming" is a reference to my doing.

-_-!

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
crisuch

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 08:25:47 AM

there will probably be delays if they do have to go with a pcb redesign to handle the higher power consumption required to reach their target. Delays would seriously further injure their image if they still do not have irrevocable proof.
If they exhibit or not a prototype (or film) is not sufficient proof that they will send us a CT-80... The definitive proof will be that shipment arrive to costumers (us). Thinking about the bitcoin miner comunity, at this time so close to shipment date, it's more reasonable to wait and see whats happens. Personally, my decision wasn't  rationally but a hunch...and of course I could be wrong.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 08:40:29 AM

The photoshopping never bothered me.  I really will be kicking myself if this is all genuine. The bitcoin price for three units I was due to pay was pre the recent price crash.

It was the ATX connector overlapping the SM resistor is what rang the most alarm bells for me. Adding an ATX connector could have been an afterthought I guess, but then what are those signal tracks that appear to go underneath it?  I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Would you kick yourself more if you lost all that money as opposed to the difference between prior and post BTC fall?

At the end of the day buddy I don't want you loosing money. If I continue to play devils advocate I would acknowledge the fact these guys monitor the forum and are fully aware of the accusations cast, they're clued up to what concerns are being raised, tech savvy and are able to afford the luxury of time to respond appropriately and convincingly.

Perhaps there is a tiny benefit of the doubt chance this is for real, doubt that they have intentionally cast. The 'proof' is far too conveniently evasive and they need to provide something undeniably genuine, this is the key; undeniably. To me that means impartial third party.

As of yet there has been nothing, no proof what so ever other than a consented effort to wash around supposed facts, poor photos with iPhones conveniently placed, poor video that has no reason to be as shoddy, whatever the reason, make another, oh we can't just yet were busy, yes you can, if you an reply to email you can take a relatively high res video and photo on the iPhone 4S we know you are in possession of and upload it, it won't inconvenience you considering what you are asking people to do. They are accepting funds with no significant proof whatsoever.

Do you realise what this would do to BFL and to a lesser extent Avalon if this is real? BFL would be dead in the water.

My gut says no, but you pays your money you takes your chances and this is the key here; chance.

Chance ain't confirmation enough for me to cough up. There more against than for

Anonymousg64 I honestly believe they are selling you what you want to here, sweet sugary answers, and are buying more time.

I've emailed the Chinese company, no response yet, but it's the weekend. You really think they have sent their staff to China?!!

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Anonymousg64

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 08:55:39 AM

they might be lying to me, thats why im posting it here.

how was that chinese company associated to the address i posted?

i dont think they sent staff, they probably hired a company to do the production for them, all they have to do is provide the plans and custom components.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 09:03:15 AM

Based on their address information their manufacturer is sinofast www.alpcb.com.cn

Anonymousg64

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 09:04:57 AM

Based on their address information their manufacturer is sinofast www.alpcb.com.cn

how did he find that?
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 09:06:43 AM

Well you guys are lucky because my emails asking for information and guarantees regarding orders have remained unanswered (asked them to confirm ship date, use of escrow, etc)... So it's a no go for me at this time, a legit company usually has no problem answering the questions I sent. I do import/export in my everyday job and deal with this type of purchases, all the companies I have worked for that did not simply and timely answer question such as the one I sent ended up being trouble (no deliveries, late deliveries, defective goods...) - thankfully in my business I deal with companies that are easily identifiable and recoup losses 99%of the time.... which would not be the case here.

I have gotten answers for every questions asked so far. I will say that it is taking MUCH longer for them to get back to me but generally less than 24 hours. Here are a few answers to questions I have gotten that may answer any questions others may have:

March 31st
Dear customer,

sorry, we only accept bitcoins as payment, also we can not take refunds. The reasons are written down.
We have explained, why we have putted our webpage so late online.

You can wait for the pictures or until may and order at this point.

With best regards,

Your CedarTec Team.

April 1st
Dear customer,

the units of the pre-order will be shiped from china, some of our employees will stay
there and control and test everything, before the units will be send.
Our company is located in Tripoli, Lebanon but we use Icelandic server because of
electricity problems in our city. The Icelandic server are solid and works the entire
time.
We can guarantee may 14th as shipment date because we are now at the last phase
in our production.
At shipment date we will be able to deliver every week 100 units,
orientated by order numbers. Until now we have #0074 pre-orders,
your number will be #0075-#0076-#0077. So your order will be delivered in the first
week.

We do not have any problem to answer all your questions. If you have any questions left,
just feel free to ask.

April 11th

Dear customer,

after now it will be possible to be on time.
If a delay should occur, it will be only some days.

Like we said, it is impossible to guarantee it to
100% and it would be wrong to do so, but we are doing our best
and working many hours to reach our goals.

April 15th

Dear customer,

we are on the last steps of
the optimizations, we need to
go sure that everything runs
stable over a long time period
before we start the mass production.

We will announce the mass production,
when it starts, but before we will release
a video of the working prototype.

The shipment date is still scheduled for
the 14th may.

April 26th
Dear customer,

currently the video is not
our number one priority,
please understand the delay.
Like promised we will upload
the video this week,
if there is no other possibility
we will capture it sunday.

More informations will be published
next week on our webpage.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 09:18:08 AM
Last edit: May 05, 2013, 09:35:40 AM by Bitcoinorama

Sounds legit! Roll Eyes

Still they've promised you a superior video today...because they were wayy too busy to make one this week? They had all those emails to bullish...I mean respond to.

But remember undeniable proof is not their 'number one' priority, buying time whilst taking payments however is!

Anonymousg64

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 10:24:22 AM
Last edit: May 05, 2013, 10:48:43 AM by Anonymousg64

after a bit of research it seems ionstorm is right,
its the only one i could find listed online in that area

http://www.alpcb.com.cn/Contact_Us/

altho i could not find that company in the china yellow pages

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: