Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:09:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official CedarTec Topic - New ASIC [Scam?]  (Read 43001 times)
detail3

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 01:08:26 AM

Mate,

We must be missing something?  What changed your mind...it can't be simply the email that you received and have quoted to: Bruno?
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 01:08:44 AM
Last edit: May 07, 2013, 02:10:31 AM by Bitcoinorama

Mate, you need your head checked. I think you're bipolar.

I have an uncle called George I think he might randomly live next door to you in a city of 3 million, no wait I don't, I'm lying. It's that easy.

You're encouraging others to bid and will cover all bets if they lose?

Because this is still definitely what this is, a complete gamble with a dealer that has provided more shady hands than fair.

Reconfirm and copy a mod in on your post that you will cover all Cedertec pre-orders which you won't because you can't. That's over $1 million on a bet, Cedertec offer no recourse themselves. You're basically saying you have more faith in them then they do themselves. You're a fool, but please confirm this...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Anonymousg64

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 01:09:35 AM

Well his neck is well and truly on the cutting board for this...

I personally think Phin is young, irrational and prone to outbursts and definitely needs to rethink what he wrote and the potential damage his words could have on the naive and his BTC wallet. As far as I can see he's just assumed all Cedertec's risk for the promise of 1 x miner from a very shady unproven source.

I just turned 53 in March and am acting rationally. I can't wait to get my miner and have The Joint fire it up.

Dear Bruno,

I gotten you're address in
Sandwich, Ill.
I have a ant in Chicago, may be you
known her. Her name is Anna (redacted).

Best regards,

J.H. CedarTec CEO

What a turn of event!
Post the tracking number when you get it so we can raid the delivery truck!
FlappySocks

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 01:16:39 AM

I'm tempted to reorder while bitcoins are low.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 01:17:13 AM

Well his neck is well and truly on the cutting board for this...

I personally think Phin is young, irrational and prone to outbursts and definitely needs to rethink what he wrote and the potential damage his words could have on the naive and his BTC wallet. As far as I can see he's just assumed all Cedertec's risk for the promise of 1 x miner from a very shady unproven source.

I just turned 53 in March and am acting rationally. I can't wait to get my miner and have The Joint fire it up.

Dear Bruno,

I gotten you're address in
Sandwich, Ill.
I have a ant in Chicago, may be you
known her. Her name is Anna (redacted).

Best regards,

J.H. CedarTec CEO

What a turn of event!
Post the tracking number when you get it so we can raid the delivery truck!

Will do! BTW, waiting for J.H. to confirm to you the emails he sent to me are legit.

I even sent him a long email apologizing to him, of which he replied.

Dear Bruno,

No provlem, Mate.

J.H. CedarTec CEO

I'm surprised at his use of the word Mate, but I guess he was thinking that Sandwich is in the UK, but whatever.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 01:22:13 AM

I'm tempted to reorder while bitcoins are low.

Well go for it Flappy, nothing to lose now, Phin will cover 100%.

Note: I'm writing this in complete jest, Cedertec have proved nothing more and Phin will not cover all Cedertec pre-orders and I would never in his shoes be suggest such an ill-conceivable notion. If it was me I'd say fine I'll be happy to let the community know when and *if you come through as it would be irresponsible for me to encourage anything else. Was loosing respect for Phin with his unsubstantiated rants on the KNCminer thread, dropped all of it now. If it works out for him, great, of course I hold no ill feelings, I don't want to see anyone whose pre-ordered get burned, genuinely. But for him to say his words are rational, they are anything but. He won't cover, you have no more reason to order, Cedertec have proved nothing, they've just said more words certain people want to here. Also no more ****ing CAD models, I could knock that shit up in hours. Proof, or no proof is what you make your decisions on, and only after that has occurred. THAT is rational. Someone back me up here ffs!

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 01:23:49 AM

Asked them about more images of enclosure, Just got this response

Dear customer,

shortly we will upload more graphic to the site
including 3D CAD model.

With best regards,

Your CedarTec Team.

I just got this:

Dearist Bruno,

Do you have video kamera to record
getting mining?
This well go a long way to proof to
those how are nonbelivers.

Video of unwrapping and it mining is
what I mean.

With best regards,

J.H. CedarTec CEO
premo

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 01:32:49 AM

gage u beta not b fukn with us , i knw ur a thorough guy bt boy has this turned things around
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 01:33:18 AM

Phin, will you be covering Anonynousg64 and Ionside's orders? Especially Ionside, he in my opinion although somewhat silly in his actions has been remarkably humble and genuine in encouraging no one else to foolishly order without further proof.

I don't see the difference in you covering 997 orders, and 999, especially at the time you made the comment the proof given by Cedertec in the public domain is effectively the same.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 01:38:09 AM

gage u beta not b fukn with us , i knw ur a thorough guy bt boy has this turned things around

He's not thorough, how on earth is proposing to take the entire of Cedertec's risk with no current proof as it stands today and a promise to give him a freebie thorough!?

Have you seen his needless and unsubstantiated accusations on the KNCminer thread? He just rants out-loud.

Even *if this works out, what he's told others to do and what he's promised is very, very stupid.

DO NOT ORDER FOR YOUR OWN SAKE, AND HIS!

detail3

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 01:47:56 AM

Maybe he picked his name because he has had frontal lobe damage to the brain?  Regulates emotional center and decision making?  (seriously people with this injury ((such as the famous case of Phineus Gage)) are prone to bizarre, unwarranted outbursts and phenomenally bad decisions such as marrying prostitutes or gambling away life's savings in a single sitting with no care whatsoever).

So what say you Phineus....brain trauma in your past?  I'm actually being serious and not trying to be offensive.
sunblaster

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 01:52:28 AM

If this is legit then they have worst marketing material ever  Grin but then again lebanon is not a center of advanced commerce. Avalon didnt produce any picturez not even shopped once untill batch1 was completed. ASICMINER has best product vizibility so far but the skill of posting pic of an actual product comes with a hefty price tag.
crisuch

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 01:53:03 AM

The new situation is hopeful, but in any case it isn't reliable proof. If Phineas doesn't receive a demo CT-80, and we don't know about the chinese manufacturer, then there are not constatable proof for CedarTec.
premo

Activity: 49

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 01:54:13 AM

yh ive seen his rants against kncminer , personally thought it was a bit harsh , bt im 100% gage aent part of cedar tech n if he gets a workin product ill take that as solid evidence.  Smiley
detail3

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 01:56:04 AM

Any working product is solid evidence...why involve him at all?  It just doesn't make sense unless there is something else going on that nobody is party to.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:01:57 AM

I'm tired and going to bed. This is utterly retarded.

Phin you do realise The shit BFL_Josh is in here for loosing two separate bets to two separate entities? And the ensuing loss of face.

He owes; 1,000 BTC to charity, and 1,000 BTC to some other forum member and has lost all respect here because of it. That's 200 Cedertec miners, a fifth of their initial run.

He is also someone that can potentially afford a US $200k hit as long as he hasn't spanked all BFL's funds, which is questionable.

You however have just assumed the risk of betting $1,000 x 1,000 potential independent orders belonging to 1,000 different individuals most of which $1,000 means a great deal to. This, in case your maths is as BS as your word your potential losses equal +$1,000,000 if Cedertec fail to deliver. Actually, will you be covering shipping costs as well??

You stand to be an absolute laughing stock, and worryingly irresponsibly encourage gullible idiots that this is now risk free after staking your reputation.

If it does work out, I'm just a guy that applied a sense of caution and cared enough to advise people take considered risk, including you. You've just multipled your potential loss by a magnitude of 1,000 and brought Cedertec's risk to zero on no evidence. Wow, really, and no I don't believe a word of it, but others might.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 02:05:36 AM

If you really want to offend me, claim that I took up drinking like Tom V.R.

I just got this:

Dearest Bruno,

If we sent you a unit that is not
all together put together, can you put it
together?

This well safe us many time on
are end.

Please look forward to you're reply.

Best regards,

J.H. CedarTec CEO

I replied in the affirmative, safely assuming that The Joint is able to put the beast together. If not, I'll find somebody else local to do the task.

I'm tired and going to bed. This is utterly retarded.

Phin you do realise The shit BFL_Josh is in here for loosing two separate bets to two separate entities? And the ensuing loss of face.

He owes; 1,000 BTC to charity, and 1,000 BTC to some other forum member and has lost all respect here because of it.

He is also someone that can potentially afford a US $200k hit as long as he hasn't spanked all BFL's funds, which is questionable.

You however have just assumed the risk of betting $1,000 x 1,000 potential independent orders belonging to 1,000 different individuals most of which $1,000 means a great deal to. This, in case your maths is as BS as your word your potential losses equal +$1,000,000 if Cedertec fail to deliver. Actually, will you be covering shipping costs as well??

You stand to be an absolute laughing stock, and worryingly irresponsibly encourage gullible idiots that this is now risk free.

If it does work out, I'm just a guy that applied a sense of caution and cared enough to advise people take considered risk, including you. You've just multipled your potential loss by a magnitude of 1,000 and brought Cedertec's risk to zero on no evidence. Wow, really, and no I don't believe a word of it, but others might.

Check you PM's and confirm to me that you received something, bud.
crisuch

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:06:14 AM

Any working product is solid evidence...why involve him at all?  It just doesn't make sense unless there is something else going on that nobody is party to.
One thing is that they could have a demo CT-80, another thing is if they really will produce in large scale. Then, we must know about the third part: the chinese manufacturers.
erschiessen

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:08:38 AM

Dear customer,
we will try to answer the questions as accurate
as currently possible:

> We are curious as to who are the people behind CedarTec, not in name
> but in personality, story's and philosophy.

-the most of our employees are younger, also we have some students,
which are
(mostly) studying electrical engineering and computer sciences.
The age from our employees reaches from 24 to 40 years.

> What kind of enterprise is this, profit driven, fun driven or purpose
> driven?

-First we have started as a group of friends, build some
fpgas and started mining ourselfs. We also gived some fpgas to
friends to bring them closer to bitcoins and the potential.
After some months we saw that the bitcoins gained more influence
and were represented with increased regularity by the media
in tv and computer magazines.
We have started to hire some students for a practicum at our
little group, at this time it was not seen as a company by us.
We have looked more into the future of bitcoins and started to
develope fpgas, which we canceled, we were to late, the market
was further on then we were. This was the step were we started
to develope an asic, it took a long time until we got
something worked, because there was a lack of money.
So we did everything in little steps.
Now we are more people who are working hard to finish the last
steps of our project.
You can say it is fun driven, purpose driven and profit driven
at the same time.

> How did it come to be and what are the circumstances that led to
> making it about bitcoin mining?

-see above and also we want to be a part of the bitcoin history.
We would like to bring bitcoins to more people to increase the
community.

> Talk about the development struggles along the past 2 years.

- we can make a summary in next days.

> Is CedarTec here for the long run?

-We will look further if we have shipped
all pre-orders. Minimum is the 2 years
warranty on our first official product.

> You do understand the stress and debate going around whether or not
> to trust your company, how are you thinking about this in terms of
> managing your company's public image?

-I, personally, can not tell you anything about this.
We have got instructions from our employer and have to follow
these. If it is good for the company images or not is not
in my hands. I can only publish informations and allow
actions which I personally am allowed to.

> Btw, what is your position?

-As I said before, it is not in my hand.
I understand the position of everyone
and it is not easy to trust a company which is
about 1 month online. But we try our best to strengthen
the trust in our company.

With best regards,

Your CedarTec Team.

Upon reading the above, coupled with the following email I received from CedarTec, I'm now reversing my position and categorically stating that CedarTec is not a scam. I repeat, CedarTec IS NOT A SCAM.

Dear Bruno,

Since you seem to have the most post
and a piller of the bitcoin community,
we at CedarTec are senting you a bitcoin miner for free
to help futher proof to the community we are reel.

Please provide to us you're address and
we will sent you one of our demo machiines.

With best regards,

J.H. CedarTec CEO

At least I have initials now, with maybe a full name once the package arrives. I don't mine, but The Joint, who doesn't live that far from me does, and I will give him the rig and split the coins, donating my share to Bitcoin 100.

Since I have proven that this is not a scam, please feel comfortable order from them. If, by some slim chance, CedarTec turns out to be a scam, I will fully reimburst all those that get scammed.

Somebody quote me before I change my mind.
Post some pix when you get it.

I will make CT an offer similar to one I gave rcm-miners.
Every month (for the rest of the year) I will purchase 2 CT-80's (hashing at 80 GH/s)
Only caveat is you accept my orders via Paypal or credit cards or escrow for the first 4 units (and they ship within a week of ordering).

Your Message Here
12KHW3i2Hamk1irY8b181N4vMXUnVYL1ah
detail3

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:12:47 AM

One thing is that they could have a demo CT-80, another thing is if they really will produce in large scale. Then, we must know about the third part: the chinese manufacturers.

Of course this is true...but if they can make one they'd make a lot more money as a legitimate business than as a scam...even if they started out that way Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: