Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:41:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official CedarTec Topic - New ASIC [Scam?]  (Read 43001 times)
Anonymousg64

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 05:07:45 AM

trust me, i dont consider myself more competent then everyone else.
im also not claiming to have any superior point witch makes them not a scam.

No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anonymousg64

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 05:42:29 AM

Like I said. If you're not a shill, then you're a downright complete idiot. Evidence right there in front of your face yet you still don't want to believe it.

Don't even ask about the refund thing. It's just a move on their end to minimize anger/complaints. They've got plenty of other fishes to lure in besides bitcointalk forum readers. The thing they need less of is complainers making threads/post on a major forum to expose them/constantly keeping the thread alive. So what happens when you get your refund? You shut up, thread dies and they can continue luring in new suckers.

Look at the other two thread members who got their refund. They're nowhere to be seen now in this thread. They got their money. Why bother to continue complaining?
It's such simple logic.

am i complaining? NO

I agree that the device is fake, thats all the evidence points to.

By your logic, keeping this thread alive is a good thing, in order to have awareness of CedarTec.

Stop making this about me, this is what i had posted, respond, dont react childishly.

What does this mean?
ME:
the pictures and the video have been proven to have been based on a faked device built using a motherboard PCHips M830

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170739.msg2106271#msg2106271

Care to explain this?

Dear customer,

please be patient.
There is currently a lot of hard work to do.

Soon we will present everything you and others
asked for.

With best regards,

Your CedarTec Team.

Are they planning a massive event with shiny colors to officially announce they are a scam?
Anonymousg64

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 05:53:08 AM

am i complaining? NO

It's because you're an idiot unlike everyone else.

Then ask for a refund.

By your logic, keeping this thread alive is a godd thing, in order to have awareness of CedarTec.

Stop making this about me, this is what i had posted, respond, dont react childishly.

There's nothing childish about calling something for what it is. It doesn't matter what their intentions are.
The device is a scam. And now you're questioning why they're giving refunds?

You know what? I give up. Yeah they're giving refunds because they're 100% legit. Please don't ask for a refund.

You're opinion.
Im not saying they are legit.
Why does it matter if i get a refund or not for my first order, i already got a refund on my second.
Now will the others who got a refund please stand up, or those who decided not to get a refund state why?

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 05:58:07 AM

You know what? I give up. Yeah they're giving refunds because they're 100% legit. Please don't ask for a refund.

(Pssst... Dude... Lets just back away from this thread. Very quietly. Lets never look back. There is just simply no dealing or reasoning with this sort of unprecedented assortment of compound deficiencies)
Anonymousg64

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 06:01:37 AM

(Pssst... Dude... Lets just back away from this thread. Very quietly. Lets never look back. There is just simply no dealing or reasoning with this sort of unprecedented assortment of compound deficiencies)

Your definition of reasoning is obviously wrong. You people are trying to hammer in your opinion thinking its the holy grail by name calling.
Im simply trying to incite discussion, but alas, preconceived notions, prejudice and strong opinions get in the way.
Now please remain on topic.

What does this mean?

ME:
the pictures and the video have been proven to have been based on a faked device built using a motherboard PCHips M830

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170739.msg2106271#msg2106271

Care to explain this?

FROM CEDARTEC:
Dear customer,

please be patient.
There is currently a lot of hard work to do.

Soon we will present everything you and others
asked for.

With best regards,

Your CedarTec Team.

Are they planning a massive event with shiny colors to officially announce they are a scam?
minus

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 06:56:30 AM

http://www.cedartec.net/video1.php

Yay!!, I see two LEDs glowing, this should prove they are for real.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 07:19:13 AM

Anonymousg64 = most obvious shill ever or most idiotic person that I've ever seen before in my life. Evidence is right there in your face yet you still refuse to get a refund or change your mind.

If you still can't see it. Let me show you this

Funny thing is, in the "original" photo, the board isn't even straight. It's slightly skewed so I had to unskew it back to make the gif work/look comparable.
Lower of the board is straight while the top part is slightly skewed to the right. So it's not a rectangle shape to begin with.
Could be a camera distortion but haven't seen that one yet. Half straight, half not.

http://www.cedartec.net/images/gallery/ct80hard.jpg

Maximize it and have a look for yourself.

I was quite happy we had left this thread with concrete proof this this scam was finished, I couldn't see how or why it needed a reason to break 50 pages, but that master stroke of genius on your part to create this above gif was worth the effort. Truly, brilliant, absolutely nailed it.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 07:24:15 AM

I see a hairy arm, German speaking cocksucker, afraid to show his face or give his name.

How the mother fuckin' hell can an entity claim to have a powerful useful tool, and wouldn't have one mother fuckin' problem making millions in sales, yet does everything mother fuckin' possible to raise doubt about their enterprise?

The owners of this company should be flogged for either being a scam or so Goddamn stupid.

Today, an old guy I know stopped by offering to sell be fresh tomatoes. I asked if he grew them and he said yes, even though I know as a fact he lives in one of those senior centers that I safely assume doesn't have a greenhouse on the premises. I asked him how much, whereupon he replies he normally gets $5.00 for them, but will let me have the THREE tomatoes for only $4.00. What a mother fuckin' bargain! And I even got to see and touch the tomatoes, but for the life of me I couldn't tell if they were purchased from Walmart or recently shipped up from Florida, but I knew they weren't grown by him, let alone somebody else here in Sandwich.

What the fuck is happening in this world? Internet scammers, old men scamming, and even my nephew calling his mother a whore after only a week ago he asked, and received help from her, promising he's going to change his ways and pay her back a small loan as soon as he got his check. The check went toward drugs. And I'm a piece of shit for not helping him too.

Honestly, I'm beside myself!
shapemaker

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

I run Linux on my abacus.

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 07:29:17 AM

What the fuck is happening in this world? Internet scammers, old men scamming, and even my nephew calling his mother a whore after only a week ago he asked, and received help from her, promising he's going to change his ways and pay her back a small loan as soon as he got his check. The check went toward drugs. And I'm a piece of shit for not helping him too.

Honestly, I'm beside myself!

What is happening is the beginnings of a societal collapse. Sad but true. Personal greed and selfishness rule the day, from top to bottom. I don't hold much hope for humankind if things go on like this.

Shut up and give me money: 115UAYWLPTcRQ2hrT7VNo84SSFE5nT5ozo
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 07:48:17 AM

And yet, 19-year-old Anonymousg64 is not convinced.

If a fellow Canadian posted an image of $100 worth of weed, but it looked like parsley, you wouldn't send him a dime, not only calling him a scam, but making sure the entire smoking world knew about this scammer.

But, have fellow bitcoiners point out a similar situation of which you have $1,000 invested, and you have reservations, even conceding that the product they're offering up as proof for the legitimacy of CedarTec if fack.

Now, because of everything I've learnt about you via Google, I will state that you are not a stupid person, though your resume sucks. That said, it only leads be to one conclusion: You are the motherfucker behind CedarTec, and either you have a German accent or some partner of yours does.

Your first order was placed very shortly after CedarTec's site went live on the same day, yet your order number is in the high double digits.

Knowing the track record of previous Bitcoin entities taking people for a ride, you opted to not do any due diligence in regard to CedarTec. CT claims to have had some other site up prior to going live with their official website, and that's why so many other people who have not done any due diligence ordered from them. If that is the case with you, then pray tell share with your fellow bitcoiners the URL.

You proved with the animated GIF you created that you have the skill sets to shop a board.

Somebody else please add to why Anonymousg64 is, or positively is not behind CedarTec.

Anonymousg64

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 08:18:32 AM
Last edit: May 15, 2013, 08:55:00 AM by Anonymousg64

And yet, 19-year-old Anonymousg64 is not convinced.

If a fellow Canadian posted an image of $100 worth of weed, but it looked like parsley, you wouldn't send him a dime, not only calling him a scam, but making sure the entire smoking world knew about this scammer.

But, have fellow bitcoiners point out a similar situation of which you have $1,000 invested, and you have reservations, even conceding that the product they're offering up as proof for the legitimacy of CedarTec if fack.

Now, because of everything I've learnt about you via Google, I will state that you are not a stupid person, though your resume sucks. That said, it only leads be to one conclusion: You are the motherfucker behind CedarTec, and either you have a German accent or some partner of yours does.

Your first order was placed very shortly after CedarTec's site went live on the same day, yet your order number is in the high double digits.

Knowing the track record of previous Bitcoin entities taking people for a ride, you opted to not do any due diligence in regard to CedarTec. CT claims to have had some other site up prior to going live with their official website, and that's why so many other people who have not done any due diligence ordered from them. If that is the case with you, then pray tell share with your fellow bitcoiners the URL.

You proved with the animated GIF you created that you have the skill sets to shop a board.

Somebody else please add to why Anonymousg64 is, or positively is not behind CedarTec.

Im trying to learn German.
Leave it be that i am not asking for a refund on my first order, that is a group decision. I already considered it lost, so to me it makes no difference.

I wish i was the one behind CedarTec, but if that was the case things would have gone very differently and a device would have been delivered by now. I want to study in computer engineering.
I got my order number on the 8th of april, they had been mentioned in other threads prior to this one.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=159560.0
They claimed the website had been live before their domain was live, it was accessible via ip address.

The resume you found is not the resume i use in person, but i must ask what sucks about that one?
BR0KK

Activity: 784

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 09:01:12 AM

I see a hairy arm, German speaking cocksucker, afraid to show his face or give his name.

He could be German from the accent he's using. But it could be some other foreigner from a related language that speaks in a similar accent..... Maybe the adress or the name that was floating around in this thread wasn't to wrong. Anybody tried to call that guy/ company?

We could do this so he gets ahead of someone scamming in his name..

pizza

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 09:21:53 AM

how in the world is this thread still alive? lmfao
BR0KK

Activity: 784

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 09:39:36 AM

how in the world is this thread still alive? lmfao

It's fun, so for shit's n giggle Wink

HerrDoktor

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 10:07:30 AM

Wow at this speed our Anonymous64 friend will be come a Hero Member just with posting in this thread. This is really impressive work for a scammer  Tongue
pitchbend

Activity: 242

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 10:15:38 AM

They guy who found out the exact motherboard model used for the fake picture should tell us how he did it, that's some serious sherlock holmes reverse image search skills right there... Impressive.

I'm a little sad everything is coming to an end, I enjoyed my popcorn in this thread  Undecided
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 10:40:39 AM
Last edit: May 15, 2013, 05:24:52 PM by Bitcoinorama

I can't believe they had the gall to chop a board in half though. I had been staring at what looked like black tape around the perimeter, but figured that's how they treat the sides of the board. It's common on other PCB's, but once you pair the two together, wow, the confidence to think they could get away with this!

What a bunch of c***suckers!!

Credit to Shivansps for recognising the board - a PCHips M830 - how on earth I don't know - supreme über geek, and Plasmoske for the superb GIF work!!

Although Plasmoske, any chance for a slower speed gif? The current ones doing my head in as I try to differentiate what should and shouldn't be where...

Outstanding work to the pair of you, my money was on it being an ITX which is what I suggested way, wayy back in this thread, but a board chopped in half, didn't even consider that nonsense!!!

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 12:35:19 PM

When their prototype was finished. they figured "hey, let's cut it in two so we have two prototypes!". And then it didn't work anymore and they had to start this scam to recover the money their cousins had put in the business.

Makes perfect sense now.
KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 02:43:05 PM

Outstanding work to the pair of you, my money was on it being an ITX which is what I suggested way, wayy back in this thread, but a board chopped in half, didn't even consider than nonsense!!!

I saw it was an ATX layout but I thought "can you DO that? I guess there's away to plugs these chips in the PCI through-holes after all...what a great way to reduce costs by using off-the shelf parts". That's why PCB design is best left to ppl who actually studied the material.

Smiley
uhoh

Activity: 742

Circle gets the Square

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 02:56:57 PM

Haven't read this thread for the last few days, but hats off to the resident PCB Investigation Bureau (Sawn-off ATX division)

Incredible work uncovering this completely laughable scam.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: