Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:30:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 337 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (QTUM) - A Scalable Smart Contract Platform w/ Proof of Stake  (Read 525249 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (36 posts by 25+ users deleted.)
BTCspace

Activity: 952
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 04:23:06 AM

Escrow information? Without escrow, at least I dare not invest money, since one of your co-founder is dishonest person, AFAIK, Neil is not a professional poker player, more info? Why only invest in exchanges? You can't develop a crowdfunding website by yourself?

Don't forget the 49% premine. Even if I didn't believe some of the dirt on Dai and other team members, the coin distribution and the manner in which this ICO is being held (without escrow, only on Chinese exchanges, no source code provided yet) is worrisome enough for me.

Also, maybe I missed it, but in the updated whitepaper I still don't see where it says what the PoS inflation rate will be which is definitely something that should be disclosed before people invest... 49% premine means they could forge 49% of the coins generated by PoS.

+1, if you think this project is a scam or short term project, do not risk your money, better hold btc and wait for btc price going up to 2000$.

but i invested 20BTC into Eth, and i made about 20 times profit.. and i got 400BTC back.

at highest price, Ethereum investors almost have 80 times profit..  Smiley

Proof? LOL, you are new account, and you claimed to invest in ETH with 20BTC and returned 400 BTC? Who believes you? You are paid shill of Qtum, everyone can see this. I can say I invest in bitcoin in 30 usd. And i have made millions of usd.

some people like this project.. some people dislike the project..

but always invest with you can afford to lose..

i am watching to make the decision..

waiting for the price details....then i will check if it deserve to invest or not.

running farm worldwide

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTCspace

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 04:23:47 AM

6 years ago.. 80% people think bitcoin is a big scam. Cool

running farm worldwide
Qtum (OP)

Activity: 722
Merit: 259

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2017, 05:02:02 AM

Update:  Smith + Crown has updated their analysis of the Qtum Project:

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█ Qtum █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
●▬●▬●▬● First UTXO Based PoS Smart Contract and DAPP Platform ●▬●▬●▬●
▃▃▃▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▃▃▃
MoveCrypto

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

move that crypto

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 08:14:16 AM

Don't fall for the comparisons to Ethereum guys.  That was a legit project that had a 17% premine and a highly respected founder.

This on the other hand....

#Rektum

MoveCrypto for Komodo Notary
https://komodoplatform.com/
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 08:22:25 AM

So, Steven/Patrick Dai is a thief, and this is just ok with the majority, here, yes??
Qtum (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2017, 08:58:32 AM

Press Update:

Great article from CoinGecko!  

For example:

"For example, if a payment gateway accepts bitcoin today, it already holds the potential to support Qtum transactions without any significant modifications. This would allow Qtum smart contracts to interface with the two largest existing decentralized environments, making the lives of developers and entrepreneurs in this industry much easier."

Excellent research by the author.

"Asia’s Qtum Project Aims to Revamp Smart Contracts

CoinGecko March 07, 2017 - Posted by CoinGecko on Coverage

Last year had its ups and downs for the crypto community. Bitcoin surprised skeptics and alarmists, approaching some all time highs towards Q4. However, many in the smart contracts camp were left heartbroken. It began with a sense of optimism with Ethereum’s long anticipated Homestead release, which was soon depressed by the infamous DAO hack.

The immaturity of blockchain smart contracts seemed to be uncovered by this incident, leaving many investors and developers with the bitter impression that smart contracts are still very far away from causing any significant industry adoption.  

While the gap between promises and reality left the Western market in a state of sensation-fatigue, China seems to be picking up the pace. Backed by heavy government endorsement, the emerging Asian blockchain industry might just turn the tables on the state of decentralized computation in 2017.

One especially interesting initiative is the “Qtum Foundation” - a Singaporean entity overseeing the development of a business oriented blockchain stack to promote the broad adoption of dApp technology. The Qtum blockchain, developed by the Qtum Foundation, is a Turing-complete smart contracting platform, stacked upon a modified version of the Bitcoin blockchain.

Qtum claims that this architecture should solve many instability issues and allow smart contracts to be executed in business-crucial environments that were until now out of reach for Ethereum-powered applications - including mobile devices like smartphones and tablets.

The project is backed by an extensive list of impressive investors and advisors, including Anthony Di Iorio, Ethereum Co-Founder and CEO of JaxxWallet, Chen Weixing, founder of Kuaidi, the Chinese version of Uber, Jeremy Gardner, co-founder of Augur and EIR at Blockchain Capital, David Lee Kuo Chuen, founder of LeftCoast & Advisor at Libra, as well as Bo Shen, Managing Partner at Fenbushi Capital to name a few.

Corresponding with China’s ambition to create a standardized blockchain environment for legacy business use cases, Qtum aims to bridge the existing gap between blockchains and the business world by allowing smart contracts to consistently adhere to changing commercial rules and regulations.

With Qtum, DApps can trigger real-world, off-chain data inputs, auditable by a verified Oracle or trusted mediator - while the contract’s essential elements, such as participants and authorization structures, are secured on the blockchain itself. With this, an authorized party is able to audit certain aspects of a contract, while its elemental properties remain protected by the decentralized environment.

Since Qtum employs Ethereum’s Virtual Machine (EVM) for the execution of smart contracts, the system is compatible with existing Ethereum applications. Qtum’s Bitcoin-based blockchain, nonetheless, also allows the stack to be mostly consistent with the Bitcoin ecosystem, which is especially interesting due to the millions of dollars already invested in this space.

For example, if a payment gateway accepts bitcoin today, it already holds the potential to support Qtum transactions without any significant modifications. This would allow Qtum smart contracts to interface with the two largest existing decentralized environments, making the lives of developers and entrepreneurs in this industry much easier.

The team seems to just use the EVM as a starting ground for more ambitious plans. In Qtum’s recently published technical whitepaper, the team gives details about smart contract lifecycle management which could make smart contract negotiation more akin to traditional contracts. The team also wants to embrace a new smart contracts language that will be more expressive and have “pattern-based design, process awareness, matching of processes.”

The 17th five-year plan, recently published by the Chinese government, lists blockchain technologies among the main development directions in the PRC’s information planning document. China’s Central Bank, the PBOC, has also signaled support for blockchain, with the bank's chief, Xiaochuan, stating to the press that it had spent "significant resources" researching the technology.

With a large part of Qtum’s team based in China, Qtum could capture the demand for local blockchain solutions. Qtum would be the first major blockchain project coming out of Asia. The team is also being supported with its project management by PwC, something no other blockchain project can claim.

With the kind of institutional backing and the investor interest that Qtum has, it seems that 2017 holds loads of potential for blockchain enthusiasts. CoinGecko looks forward to seeing what the Qtum team produces."

romanekras

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 10:54:53 AM

Qtum Crowdsale to Raise Over $15m at Six Mostly Chinese Exchanges.
The crowdsale will be at six cryptocurrency exchanges and crowdfunding portals: Bizhongchou, Yunbi, ICOAGE, Allcoin, ICO365, and BTC9.
The Qtum Foundation, developer of the recently revealed Qtum smart contracts blockchain, today announced plans to hold its upcoming QTUM token crowdsale to raise over 13,000 BTC (over $15 million) on six exchanges at once. The 30-day token crowdsale will begin March 16, offering 51 million QTUM for either Bitcoin or Ethereum.
QTUM are the cryptographic software tokens used to engage with distributed applications and smart contracts on the Qtum platform, and will serve as the staking currency of the Qtum blockchain, as well as fuel for computational operations performed by the Qtum network.Read more
chungfungfuckyou

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 11:51:05 AM

I think maybe this is scam. Same bitbay scammer in this coin also.....

It look like good coin i like my chinese people invest but like bitbay if they do same thing steal from ICO then it is very bad....

Do not support the IPFS coin like novus visio vidz all scam coin

If this coin is scam coin we attack you
stormia

Activity: 868

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 01:10:25 PM

waiting for the price details....then i will check if it deserve to invest or not.

Whaaat wait you don't even know if you will invest? The reposting of every announcement qtum makes and your display of constant unwavering support seem like kinda odd behavior for somebody just waiting and watching on the sidelines. I thought you were a member of the team based on your posting in here lol.
stormia

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 01:18:08 PM

Escrow information? Without escrow, at least I dare not invest money, since one of your co-founder is dishonest person, AFAIK, Neil is not a professional poker player, more info? Why only invest in exchanges? You can't develop a crowdfunding website by yourself?

Don't forget the 49% premine. Even if I didn't believe some of the dirt on Dai and other team members, the coin distribution and the manner in which this ICO is being held (without escrow, only on Chinese exchanges, no source code provided yet) is worrisome enough for me.

Also, maybe I missed it, but in the updated whitepaper I still don't see where it says what the PoS inflation rate will be which is definitely something that should be disclosed before people invest... 49% premine means they could forge 49% of the coins generated by PoS.

+1, if you think this project is a scam or short term project, do not risk your money, better hold btc and wait for btc price going up to 2000$.

but i invested 20BTC into Eth, and i made about 20 times profit.. and i got 400BTC back.

Yeah I actually did invest in the Ethereum ICO and you can go back and check my history to find posts that corroborate that claim. Gtfo of here with your 3 month old account acting like you know about these things better than other people around here, and trying to compare this to Ethereum lol. Why don't you show us your real account MrJr member crypto veteran.
stackoverflow

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 01:20:41 PM

and trying to compare this to Ethereum

This has all the chances to go as big or even bigger!

Btw where is glebby today, he took a day off?  Grin
stormia

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 01:30:40 PM

Btw where is glebby today, he took a day off?  Grin

And why exactly does this "have all the chances to go as big or even bigger!"?

Yeah the guy that, according to you, is paid to troll this thread spends considerably less time here than you- a person who claims they have no association with this preject other than a genuine interest in it that appears to have developed into a consuming obsession.
stormia

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 01:41:04 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2017, 02:01:04 PM by stormia

Btw where is glebby today, he took a day off?  Grin

And why exactly does this "have all the chances to go as big or even bigger!"?

Yeah the guy that, according to you, is paid to troll this thread spends considerably less time here than you- a person who claims they have no association with this preject other than a genuine interest in it that appears to have developed into a consuming obsession.

I think glebby got banned or something!

Seriously why do you think this can be as big and even bigger than ETH?

What about this project will be revolutionary on the level that ETH was? ETH is the founding/pioneering member of a new class of tech and opened up an entirely new market in crypto.

You think something built on top of/around Ethereum as an auxiliary tech is going to do better than Eth itself? I just don't see that happening, personally. Doesn't mean qtum can't still be a big success if it can deliver on what it promises.

Also no offense but you also can't compare the eth team to the qtum team... ETH devs were well known and respected and considered geniuses within crypto community, the qtum devs are mostly unheard of except for things they probably wish people hadn't heard about them.

I personally think Iconomi has a better chance of doing sonething similar to eth because they are also the founders/pioneers in a new area and their goal is to introduce old economy financial instruments to crypto and bring in outside capitol and investors.
cybterpunk

Activity: 414
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 01:53:15 PM

Yeah I actually did invest in the Ethereum ICO and you can go back and check my history to find posts that corroborate that claim. Gtfo of here with your 3 month old account acting like you know about these things better than other people around here, and trying to compare this to Ethereum lol. Why don't you show us your real account MrJr member crypto veteran.

let me tell you.. i invested into NXT coin.  Smiley
BTCspace

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 02:06:45 PM

running farm worldwide
stormia

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 02:15:53 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2017, 02:39:22 PM by stormia

let me tell you.. i invested into NXT coin.  Smiley
Let me tell you... you simply telling me something doesn't mean jack.

Also the only relevent thing I am taking away from what you are saying, assuming you are telling the truth (which, to be clear, I would never bet anything on that assumption), is that you are admitting to being somebody that has been apart of this community for a long time but who is hiding behind a 3 month old account whose sole purpose appears to be showing unwavering support for qtum. I.e. you are admitting to being a sockpuppet which would also suggest you don't want your primary account/identity associated with your activity here.

Your account was made soon after qtum threads opened, your first posts were made in qtum as are 99% of all subsequent ones (only a slight exaggeration)...

So yeah, I think that all your bragging about supposed investments into ETH and NXT has done is make it even more undeniably likely that you are a shill for this project...  
stormia

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 02:19:24 PM

Repost of qtum graphic/announcement

Lol okay what the heck this is exactly what I was talking about, who commits to this level of regimented fandom for a project they haven't even decided to invest in yet?

Whaaat wait you don't even know if you will invest? The reposting of every announcement qtum makes and your display of constant unwavering support seem like kinda odd behavior for somebody just waiting and watching on the sidelines. I thought you were a member of the team based on your posting in here lol.
Qtum (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2017, 02:47:50 PM

Qtum Crowd Sale Update:

The price has been announced, please see: https://qtum.org/en/crowdsale

Densitymax

Activity: 437

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 03:10:09 PM

Qtum Crowd Sale Update:

The price has been announced, please see: https://qtum.org/en/crowdsale

The price is exaggerated, do not you think? With a spoiled reputation, I do not think there will be many people willing to participate in the sale.

▄▄▀▀▄▄
     ▄▄▀▀  ▄▄  ▀▀▄▄
 ▄▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄▄  ▀▀▄▄
█  ▄▄▀▀          ▀▀▄▄  █
█ █   ██▄▄     ▄██   █ █
█ █   ▄ ▀▀█▄▄ ▀▀██   █ █
█ █   ███▄ ▀▀██ ██   █ █
█ █   ██      ▀ ██   █ █
█ █   ██        ██   █ █
█  ▀▀▄▄          ▄▄▀▀  █
 ▀▀▄▄  ▀▀▄▄  ▄▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀
     ▀▀▄▄  ▀▀  ▄▄▀▀
         ▀▀▄▄▀▀
Modex              
SMART CONTRACT MARKETPLACE
██▄▄
████  ██▄▄
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████

████  ████

████  ████

████  ████

▀▀██  ████

▀▀██
TWITTER          LINKEDIN          SLACK
▬▬▬▬▬    FACEBOOK          TELEGRAM    ▬▬▬▬▬
DEVELOP  ●  DISTRIBUTE  ●  DEPLOY
██▄▄
████  ██▄▄
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████

████  ████

████  ████

████  ████

▀▀██  ████

▀▀██
██▄▄
████  ██▄▄
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████
████  ████

████  ████

████  ████

████  ████

▀▀██  ████

▀▀██
jayohby

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 03:26:28 PM

why is "Patrick" Dai still in this project?

as long as he's in, it'll be known as a scam.
Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 337 »
  Print  

Jump to: