Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:36:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 [254] 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 ... 331 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [MOON] Mooncoin 🌙 Proof-of-Work, launched in 2013  (Read 317677 times)
giantkin

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:29:46 PM

hi,

I have 1 300 000 moon on paper wallet, and  I can`t tranfer to any place.

On wallet console and cointopay appear the same message: "code":-5,"message":"Invalid private key encoding"

On blockchain explorer I can see the balance, but it`s impossible to transfer

Someone can help me? I didn`t find any support e-mail of moon

thks

Im going to ask questions.  make sure any answer does NOT include that private key.   again do NOT post that!

ok, Do you have the latest wallet?

are you using the correct import key command. (check syntax etc)

are you typing in the privkey or copy paste from image?
  either...make sure every lettet/number is copied correctly.  (on upper/lower where it should be the other would screw it up)

also.. if your copying, an extra space at the end might screw it up.

(yes, this is the basic things to check)

(post your version of wallet here) and your command you are entering. (NOT THE PRIVKEY!)

so we can see.  maybe someone can help after that.

Goodluck.

http://choicehost.biz  Domains and DIY -hosting   I save $5 or so, for each domain a year.  (Compared to other Domain Registrars)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1003

https://cryptodatabase.net

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 05:48:02 PM

no i wasnt.   i still think he was wrong.

and that wasnt rude.  I told him not to make accusations.

(and he could defend himself really)

No you didn't, this is what you said.

If there is a stolen money, then this is either a developer fraud, or a bad defense against hacker attacks.

if you have no idea...then dont post about it.  just makes you look clueless.

How can you be expected to be taken seriously when you have to lie about what you've said.

geez dude...  thats what i said...  and thats what i meant.   accusations.

You need to stop turning my words.   why are you doing that?

I quoted what you said, that is not what you said or meant. Come on man, seriously?
giantkin

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:51:57 PM

no i wasnt.   i still think he was wrong.

and that wasnt rude.  I told him not to make accusations.

If there is a stolen money, then this is either a developer fraud, or a bad defense against hacker attacks.

How can you be expected to be taken seriously when you have to lie about what you've said.

geez dude...  thats what i said...  and thats what i meant.   accusations.

You need to stop turning my words.   why are you doing that?

I quoted what you said, that is not what you said or meant. Come on man, seriously?

yes, thats the gist of what i said.  You still havent answered a few things.
   is that another account of yours?  your defending someone else, somewhat strangely.

I do have a cure however.   I just remembered there is an ignore button.

So Poof, your gone from my reading
 Have a good life, and goodluck.

http://choicehost.biz  Domains and DIY -hosting   I save $5 or so, for each domain a year.  (Compared to other Domain Registrars)
giantkin

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:53:57 PM

ah , so much better.

I do have to admit,  the conversation drove me to work on some corp. taxes.
lol.   been slowly going thru the receipts etc.  well today, out of frustration, i am almost done.

So thanks for that.

(thats not sarcasm btw)

Ok.  now I can move on to other things.

nprado

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:17:33 PM

hi,

I have 1 300 000 moon on paper wallet, and  I can`t tranfer to any place.

On wallet console and cointopay appear the same message: "code":-5,"message":"Invalid private key encoding"

On blockchain explorer I can see the balance, but it`s impossible to transfer

Someone can help me? I didn`t find any support e-mail of moon

thks

Im going to ask questions.  make sure any answer does NOT include that private key.   again do NOT post that!

ok, Do you have the latest wallet?

are you using the correct import key command. (check syntax etc)

are you typing in the privkey or copy paste from image?
  either...make sure every lettet/number is copied correctly.  (on upper/lower where it should be the other would screw it up)

also.. if your copying, an extra space at the end might screw it up.

(yes, this is the basic things to check)

(post your version of wallet here) and your command you are entering. (NOT THE PRIVKEY!)

so we can see.  maybe someone can help after that.

Goodluck.

Yes, I am using last wallet version

I have copied key...not typing, not space between caracters...  I saw it on notepad before paste on wallet

Mooncoin Core versão v0.13.9.0-b257fcdsegwit (64-bit)

Tried this  :

Dump a private key
> mooncoin-cli dumpprivkey "myaddress"

Import the private key with rescan
> mooncoin-cli importprivkey "mykey"

Import using a label and without rescan
> mooncoin-cli importprivkey "mykey" "testing" false

and 

importprivkey "mykey"

importprivkey <mykey>

and more 2 ou 3 kinds of importprivkey of youtube

giantkin

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 12:18:36 AM

i think its one of the last 2.

I haven t done it myself.  have to leave it for someone who has.

oh, is your wallet encrypted.  (i think it needs to NOT be, but im not sure)

i think someone can help you, with these details, just gotta wait for that.

nprado

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:12:49 AM

I haven t done it myself.  have to leave it for someone who has.

oh, is your wallet encrypted.  (i think it needs to NOT be, but im not sure)

Yeah...I have readed this....and I this is a problem with bip38 or 58 encriptation...

I don`t know what more I can do to transfer this coins.
giantkin

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:19:19 AM

ok... that part maybe...i can tell you about..and maybe you figure it out.

you have to have an unencrypted wallet, to import the key (pretty sure)

is your current wallet has any coins on it?

if zero... its easy Smiley

if it has some balance...  then it gets dangerous (for me to explain )
  so you dont have a mistake.

if theres a balance.. make a back up of your wallet.dat file. NOW.

put it somewhere else.  usb key etc.  rename it to   Moonbackupwallet.dat or something (i use date in mine)

giantkin

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:21:05 AM

if zero...   start a new wallet.dat file, without encryption and try to import again.

if it imports then (make backup then)

and then encrypt.   (and make a backup of that)

Then decide your risk factor Wink

(the first backup, would need to be destoyed...as its unencrypted. )

just make sure everything works before you delete anything.

nprado

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:29:45 AM

You forgot...paper wallet...I don`t have a wallet.dat file

This is the problem... With a wallet.dat file its easy solve
giantkin

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:34:44 AM

the new wallet you are started.

sorry, i thought i was clear there.

is the wallet your trying to put your coins INTO, encrypted?

nprado

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:53:53 AM

Yes, fresh install without encript
giantkin

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:22:08 AM

well, crud.  sry, gotta wait for someone thats done it.

and I need to eventually.  (im not in a hurry to do so)

I forget, what vershion of wallet you are using? (whats latest do you know?)

Littlestan

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:55:35 AM
Last edit: February 20, 2018, 08:52:00 AM by Littlestan

I haven t done it myself.  have to leave it for someone who has.

oh, is your wallet encrypted.  (i think it needs to NOT be, but im not sure)

Yeah...I have readed this....and I this is a problem with bip38 or 58 encriptation...

I don`t know what more I can do to transfer this coins.

That's the issue; hardly any QT based wallets use BIP38 encryption for importing private keys anymore. Only WIF.

"Note that not many bitcoin wallet applications or web services are able to import BIP38 private keys. In this case, you will have to use the "Validate" feature on the generator to extract the unencrypted Wallet Import Format (WIF) key as an intermediate step before sweeping the balance."

https://bitcoinpaperwallet.com/bitcoinpaperwallet/generate-wallet.html

Click 'Skip', then click the 'Validate or Decrypt' tab. Copy and paste your private key into the blank field box, then click 'Validate/Decrypt'.
coinflow
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:21:42 AM
Last edit: February 20, 2018, 12:15:39 PM by coinflow

That's why I voted for making Mooncoin more secure over and over again. But Mooncoin Foundation and some others blocked that - for example my suggestion of making MOON a PoS/PoW-hybrid coin or implementing another - more complex algo or technology - making it a little harder to attack Mooncoin, instead of spending development-power on MoonWord, SmartLikes and other relatively uninteresting things. If these really were interesting for the cryptoworld, the price would be much, much higher already - because as an investor you know an important rule: buy the rumor, sell the fact. Now we have the mess by setting wrong priorities.

I repeat it once again: If the basics of a coin don't work, then the rest is pointless.

@agswinner: I have been absent for a longer time for good reason. Part of it was to see, whether what I thought and warned you of, will come true. And it came true. Mooncoin was attacked and again some of the Mooncoin-people now are trying to draw the wrong conclusions (i.e "burning" coins).

As for the government trying to overtake: I did not mean a government like that of the U.S., but the government of the some here always trying to sell some peoples opinions as the truth and the "decision of the community".
Maybe you have not read the excerpt in full or did not understand it completely: the most important conclusion from that excerpt is, to not censor coins, because it undermines trust in a currency. As sad as it is, that these coins eventually will come to the market again and that previous owners don't want to buy their own coins again, when they are correctly handed to the authorities, as good it is to show the cryptoworld, that Mooncoin has corrected the mistake it made.

There were others here before, who described this as a big problem. But they were ignored.
And now everyone complains about Mooncoin "not taking off" and cries for "burning the coins" to make it go to the moon. Again a wrong path, which will make it even worse.

Btw: there are many others, that may not even post here, but are also part of "the community".

edit:

Here the link to the mentioned excerpt again: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Weaknesses#Attacker_has_a_lot_of_computing_power

...and the text from there:
"Prevent any transactions spending "stolen" coins, effectively destroying those coins. If the coins clearly are stolen, then there is a risk that this action will be accepted by the Bitcoin community, but this would set a very damaging precedent. If it becomes possible for coins to be blacklisted in this way, then it is a slippery slope toward blacklisting of other "suspicious" coins."

coinflow
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:50:28 AM
Last edit: February 20, 2018, 12:44:26 PM by coinflow

no i wasnt.   i still think he was wrong.

and that wasnt rude.  I told him not to make accusations.

if you have no idea...then dont post about it.  just makes you look clueless.

geez dude...  thats what i said...  and thats what i meant.   accusations.

You need to stop turning my words.   why are you doing that?

seems like you are trying to keep this project buried. why?

whats your motive?    barry is gone.    the newer dev is scared off.   the value is super low...

how much more can you say about it?
let it lie and recover.

ive been holding my coins since the cryptsy thing.
 (which was NOT the coins fault)

Hi glantkin,

obviously you both are talking at cross-purposes.

The problem is, that barrysty1e implemented a measure in the code, that did not work --> coins were unlocked and sent to another address. That is another thing than the fact, that the coins that were moved, stem from Cryptsy originally.

Btw., regarding "fact": is there any proof, that the address from where the coins were sent, really is a Cryptsy-one? So that it could stand up in court?

Neo.Prometheus

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 12:40:47 PM

Does anyone has any clues on how much they raised? Smiley
habeas_corpus

Activity: 135
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:11:28 PM

I take giantkin seriously... Why?  Because unlike YOU, he isn't talking out of his ass!

There are a couple other people in here, just like you, that LOVE to take things out of context or read something into a post that just isn't there.

Let's Look at the original post...

If there is a stolen money, then this is either a developer fraud, or a bad defense against hacker attacks.]quote]

If you take the whole thing IN context, the guy is an idiot for making a comment about something he knows NOTHING about, even though the second half of his comment may be true.
The FACT that he says that if there is stolen money, that it could be developer fraud, shows that he has NO clue in regards to the circumstances of the stolen coins and therefore he has no right to comment.

And this is where YOU(and others like you) come in.  All you read was "a bad defense against hacker attacks" and decided giantkin was wrong for telling the the guy not to post because it makes him look clueless.

And giantkin also made an excellent point....  The guy could defend himself (if he wanted to), he doesn't need you to do it for him.

Last point... Just because you don't like what someone posts, does not give you the right to call someone a liar, especially when the facts don't support your claim.

giantkin

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:33:16 PM

Hi glantkin,

obviously you both are talking at cross-purposes.

The problem is, that barrysty1e implemented a measure in the code, that did not work --> coins were unlocked and sent to another address. That is another thing than the fact, that the coins that were moved, stem from Cryptsy originally.

Btw., regarding "fact": is there any proof, that the address from where the coins were sent, really is a Cryptsy-one? So that it could stand up in court?

Good point.  I dont know how to prove that the coins were cryptsy coins.  (i think it was mentioned..on here..which isnt proof) that the ...recievership ppl released the mooncoins
  (i would assume, because the value of those coins is so low, it wasnt worth their time?)   harsh, but plausible.  they only want to stea..i mean recover valued assets. Wink

coinflow
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:48:06 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2018, 02:15:45 PM by coinflow

if you have no idea...then dont post about it.  just makes you look clueless.

I take giantkin seriously... Why?  Because unlike YOU, he isn't talking out of his ass!

There are a couple other people in here, just like you, that LOVE to take things out of context or read something into a post that just isn't there.

Let's Look at the original post...

If there is a stolen money, then this is either a developer fraud, or a bad defense against hacker attacks.]quote]

If you take the whole thing IN context, the guy is an idiot for making a comment about something he knows NOTHING about, even though the second half of his comment may be true.
The FACT that he says that if there is stolen money, that it could be developer fraud, shows that he has NO clue in regards to the circumstances of the stolen coins and therefore he has no right to comment.

And this is where YOU(and others like you) come in.  All you read was "a bad defense against hacker attacks" and decided giantkin was wrong for telling the the guy not to post because it makes him look clueless.

And giantkin also made an excellent point....  The guy could defend himself (if he wanted to), he doesn't need you to do it for him.

Last point... Just because you don't like what someone posts, does not give you the right to call someone a liar, especially when the facts don't support your claim.

CryptoDatabase is right, in that there was an attack, that "unlocked" the coins (most probably by a 51%-attack with code without the limits), so that the owner (edit: the one in control) of the coins, believed to originally derive from Cryptsy, could send them to an address of V. (edit: ~63 bln MOON, and at the same time they sent another ~17 bln to somewhere else).
He also emphasized the OR, which says, that he is not necessarily of the opinion, that he backs the fraud-accusations. Maybe he should clarify this.

giantkin also is right, in that he believes that the coins are from Cryptsy, as stated by "the community". But he is wrong in only concentrating on the "fraud"-accusation. What comes after the OR in the sentence of the original posting is important here, because that attack was successful and the locked-by-wallet-code coins were transferrred to Vassilis' address.

Hopefully it is clear now.

And that is, why I again recommend handing the coins over to the authorities: to "burn" possible fraud-accusations as soon as possible in the best way available, instead of "burning coins", which would leave these kind of accusations unresolved forever.

Pages: « 1 ... 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 [254] 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 ... 331 »
  Print  

Jump to: