Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 11:24:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What type of wallet do you use most?
Lightweight Wallet (Desktop) - 60 (19.6%)
Lightweight Wallet (Mobile) - 42 (13.7%)
Full Node - 17 (5.6%)
Hardware Wallet - 22 (7.2%)
Paper Wallet (self generated) - 16 (5.2%)
Brain Wallet - 1 (0.3%)
Web Wallet - 133 (43.5%)
Exchange/Faucet Credit - 9 (2.9%)
Physical Bitcoin - 0 (0%)
Other/No Bitcoin - 6 (2%)
Total Voters: 306

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What type of wallet do you use?  (Read 38505 times)
meemiinii

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 12:26:32 AM

I use for web and paper wallet. Since im a newbie, i still have to figure those other wallets though.

████ ████ ████████████▄▄▄               
█  █ █  █ ██          ▀▀▀▀██▄▄         
████ ████ ██████████▄▄▄▄    ▀▀█▄       
██   ██           ▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄   ▀█▄     
██   ██  █████████▄▄▄    ▀▀█▄   ▀█▄   
██   ██  ██      ▀▀▀▀██▄▄   ▀█▄   █▌   
██   ██  ██            ▀▀█▄  ▀█▌   █▌ 
██   ██  ██   ██████▄▄    ██  ▐█    █ 
██   ██  ██   ██   ▀▀▀█▌   █▌  ▐▌   █▌
██   ██  ██   ██      ▐█   ▐█   █   ▐█
██   ██  ██   ██       █▌   █▌  █   ▐█▌
██   ██  ███████      ▐█   ▐█  ▐█   ▐█
██   ██              ▄█▌   █▌  █▌   █▌
██   ███████████████▀▀    ▄█  ██    █ 
██                      ▄█▀  ▄█    █▌ 
████████████████████████▀  ▄█▀    █▌   
▄▄▄▄                      ▄█▀    ▄█▀   
█  ██████████████████████▀▀    ▄█▀     
▀▀▀▀                        ▄▄█▀       
▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀           
█  ████████████████████▀▀               
▀▀▀▀                                   

JOIN OUR TOKEN SALE       

FACEBOOK   TWITTER   LINKEDIN   GITHUB   ONE PAGER
UnknownEye

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 12:30:46 AM

A light wallet on a computer not connected to the internet and then a different computer to broadcast the transaction is the ideal set up Wink
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 12:44:50 AM

I'm using mobile wallet (mycelium) I much prefer using my android for bitcoins, as mycelium have the feature to access your private keys as you owned them, and I can signed message there to prove that I owned those address. And also i'm using web wallet (coins.ph) this is only for converting my bitcoin to fiat so I can use them locally (this wallet service is exclusive for people lives in Philippines). I don't recommend to use the same wallet I used, but for security reasons much better if you use hardware, desktop wallets and paper wallets.
ArcCsch (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 117

▲ Portable backup power source for mining.

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 01:27:39 AM

From The results of the poll, Web wallets is coming up top as the majority. Myself, I make use of web wallets ranging from coinbase , LocalBTC & some from Exchanges (Not really a wallet, But works fine for a trading account). I've Never tried the traditional bitcoin core wallet before though.
I am very disappointed by the number of people using web wallets, if you are not in sole and complete possetion of the private keys, you don't have any bitcoin, the bitcoin community would will be hit hard if when the blockchain wallet is hacked.
Also, I would like to make clear that just that it is called "blockchain" does not make it the "official bitcoin wallet", the closest thing I can think of to an "official wallet" is Bitcoin Core.

If you don't have sole and complete control over the private keys, you don't have any bitcoin!  Signature campaigns are OK, zero tolorance for spam!
1JGYXhfhPrkiHcpYkiuCoKpdycPhGCuswa
tribanogrami

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 01:57:05 AM
Last edit: January 14, 2017, 02:26:55 PM by tribanogrami

i use electrum coz it has speed with low resource usage and no need to download or backup easy to use, open source code. They use AES-256-CBC Encryption. Useful for multiple payment. Support to cold wallet and also i like their logo Cheesy

▄▄▀▀▄▄
    ▄▄▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀▄▄
▄▄▀▀▄▄█████▄████▄▄▀▀▄▄
█▀▀█▄█████████████
█▄▄████▀   ▀██████
███████     █▄████
█████▀█▄   ▄██████
█▄█████▌   ▐█████
█████▀█     ██████
██▄███████████████
▀▀▄▄▀▀█████▀████▀▀▄▄▀▀
    ▀▀▄▄▀▀██▀▀▄▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄▀▀
PDATA
TOKEN
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
TELEGRAM     BITCOINTALK     FACEBOOK
MEDIUM    SLACK    TWITTER    YOUTUBE
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   E M A I L   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 02:01:42 AM

I use Electrum wallet for Desktop wallet, first i was using web wallet coinbase and xapo for my faucet but after using desktop wallet i an really satisfied and even their are so many news of using web wallet for gambling will ban the account so it is not good to use web wallet
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 02:15:18 AM

I'm using mobile wallet (mycelium) I much prefer using my android for bitcoins, as mycelium have the feature to access your private keys as you owned them, and I can signed message there to prove that I owned those address. And also i'm using web wallet (coins.ph) this is only for converting my bitcoin to fiat so I can use them locally (this wallet service is exclusive for people lives in Philippines). I don't recommend to use the same wallet I used, but for security reasons much better if you use hardware, desktop wallets and paper wallets.

How does Mycelium work and is it safe? I've just been introduced to bitcoin and I've just used coins.ph. I have coinbase but it's empty, it just happened that it was the suggested wallet when I started trying out faucets. Never got paid by any of those.
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 02:21:11 AM

I use for web and paper wallet. Since im a newbie, i still have to figure those other wallets though.
Lol paper wallet it is very complicated and inflexible dude ? its better use online wallet it would be easier and more flexible.
if you want to be safe again use desktop wallet
icqcointokenwallet

Activity: 259
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 02:23:35 AM

Mobile and web wallets are easy accessible.  I like blockchain wallet and localbitcoin wallet for depositing and sending bitcoin. All the counterparty wallets i like and use. Book of Orbs has a nice wallet for Rare Pepe, SOG, & FOW

Ⓞ    color=#000]Accounting Blockchain Ⓞ[/color]
The future of Accounting at your fingertips - ICO is now LIVE
[url=https://www.theaccountingblockchain.io/]Website[/url]  ● [url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3965435]Ann Thread[/url]  ● [url=https://theaccountingblockchain.io/pdfs/whitepaper.pdf]Whitepaper[/url]   ● [url=https://twitter.com/ABblockchain]Twitter[/url] ● [url=https://www.facebook.com/accountingblockchain]Facebook[/url]  ● [url=https://t.me/accountingblockchain]Telegram[/url]● [url=https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgwCK_Uhocv62g9bEqs2uFw]Youtube[/url] ● [url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4430029]Ann Thread[/url]
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 02:24:39 AM

-snip-.
How does Mycelium work and is it safe?
Well based on my experience, I've been using mycelium wallet for almost a year since I started working with bitcoin in Dec.2015. And never face any problem with this wallet, nor lost any, even 0.0000001 satoshi. So overall I'm satisfied and I'm really assured that my coins is safe(not totally safe) in this wallet service.
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 02:38:31 AM

-snip-.
How does Mycelium work and is it safe?
Well based on my experience, I've been using mycelium wallet for almost a year since I started working with bitcoin in Dec.2015. And never face any problem with this wallet, nor lost any, even 0.0000001 satoshi. So overall I'm satisfied and I'm really assured that my coins is safe(not totally safe) in this wallet service.

OK then, at least I got the advise of a fellow Pinoy using it. I'd go read up about it and install it in my phone when I need to. Then I can just use for storage and coins.ph just for cashing out. BTW though, since it would be in the phone and I suppose the data would not be backed up online, what would happen if the phone ever get stolen (always a real concern in Manila, even for cheap androids)?
moneytalk69

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 02:41:17 AM

Im using Web wallet  Smiley
ArcCsch (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 117

▲ Portable backup power source for mining.

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 02:47:04 AM

what would happen if the phone ever get stolen?
Mycelium is a hierarchical deterministic wallet, all the private keys can be recovered from the master seed, it can also be protected with a PIN.
If you have a written copy of your key, and don't use somethng obvious like 1234 as your PIN (choose it randomly), you can recover your coins and send them to another wallet before the thief finds your PIN.
I am not sure if PINs longer than 4 digits can be used.

If you don't have sole and complete control over the private keys, you don't have any bitcoin!  Signature campaigns are OK, zero tolorance for spam!
1JGYXhfhPrkiHcpYkiuCoKpdycPhGCuswa
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 03:10:34 AM

I personally use both a desktop wallet as well as an online wallet for Bitcoin that I assume I'll be transacting fairly quickly or within a relatively short-term timeframe. Anything else either goes to a more secure wallet I have on a hard drive stored separately from my PC.

I like the system I have, but it can be a pain some times.
GMPoison

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 03:14:36 AM

I personally use both a desktop wallet as well as an online wallet for Bitcoin that I assume I'll be transacting fairly quickly or within a relatively short-term timeframe. Anything else either goes to a more secure wallet I have on a hard drive stored separately from my PC.

I like the system I have, but it can be a pain some times.

That's a good system. Less secure hot wallet for frequent spending which you keep less coins on and a more secure cold wallet for "savings" which you store the rest of your coins on.
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 03:21:49 AM

I would say that there is a benefit of using Core and running transactions through your own node for privacy reasons; but since bitcoin is quite transparent in where transactions are going too, there is no real reason besides to help support the reliability of the network.

I use MultiBit for Desktop mostly and Breadwallet for mobile... both are quite good and reliable in terms of being able to control your own private keys.

pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 09:22:21 AM

I would say that there is a benefit of using Core and running transactions through your own node for privacy reasons; but since bitcoin is quite transparent in where transactions are going too, there is no real reason besides to help support the reliability of the network.

I use MultiBit for Desktop mostly and Breadwallet for mobile... both are quite good and reliable in terms of being able to control your own private keys.

If someone is interested in running a full node what is the ideal set up for it in terms of hard drive size and amount of bandwidth? I read around the forum and most comments Ive seen is that no one really wants to run their own node anymore because it is costly.
al0729

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 10:29:48 AM

i use hardware wallet cause i think it can do for a long term.
hajimasan

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 11:00:04 AM

I use mobile wallet of blockchain nectar it is official wallet. So i can trust it 100% without any fear. On top of it blockchain have Android app and sending bitcoin is just a tap away and its website it's also responsive and quick.
BossMacko

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 11:03:45 AM

I am using web wallet because i think it is the best option for me i can convert cash to bitcoin instantly or bitcoin to cash, pay bills like electric,water bills using that web wallet also i can cashout cash anytime i like using those remittance center that are available in that web wallet and lastly i like the support they really help whenever you need them.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: