Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:40:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Pls describe ur actions honestly
I lose most of the time cuz I'm gambler, baby! - 32 (17.8%)
Occasionally I do end up with a low outcome - 90 (50%)
Mistakes? Haven't heard o'them. Got steel nerves and titanium balls. - 58 (32.2%)
Total Voters: 180

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you manage ur emotions?  (Read 55890 times)
tayrey

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 03:04:36 PM

I take advantage of my emotions because the way I see it whatever emotion I have others have too so if I feel its going up so does the majority and it becomes a self fulfilling profecy. Obviously thats an oversimplification but as long as your emotions are rational you can use them to your advantage.
litaf

Activity: 51

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 12:34:35 AM

Emotions are a natural part of human nature. instead of trying to control them, acknowledge that they are there and will affect your decision making. once you can do this, you can compensate for emotional influence in your trading. Your emotions when trading will get better over time as you gain experience.
Finestream

Activity: 3038
Merit: 606

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 02:37:40 AM

Emotions are a natural part of human nature. instead of trying to control them, acknowledge that they are there and will affect your decision making. once you can do this, you can compensate for emotional influence in your trading. Your emotions when trading will get better over time as you gain experience.
It's doable, you can control your emotion and you will be making a good decision along the way, all you need to do is acknowledge your mistakes and learn from it, the more mistakes you make the more you become stronger as long as you understand fully your purpose in trading.
No guaranteed money in trading so do not be frustrate when you have a bad time because time will come you can get what you are aiming, it needs patience.

gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 10:15:34 AM

It's doable, you can control your emotion and you will be making a good decision along the way, all you need to do is acknowledge your mistakes and learn from it, the more mistakes you make the more you become stronger as long as you understand fully your purpose in trading.
No guaranteed money in trading so do not be frustrate when you have a bad time because time will come you can get what you are aiming, it needs patience.

I agree woth both of you. Patience is the key so we don't panic when we get negativr results. Always be positive when you make trades as you're more likely to make bad decisions if you're upset. Just keep yourself in check and don't let the results of your trade direct your decisions, you must have a plan that you have to follow

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 02:48:47 AM

I agree woth both of you. Patience is the key so we don't panic when we get negativr results. Always be positive when you make trades as you're more likely to make bad decisions if you're upset. Just keep yourself in check and don't let the results of your trade direct your decisions, you must have a plan that you have to follow

and remember to buy low and sell high. Hence, don't sell too early even if you are on the losing side because you get afraid on the price outcome because it will really go up and down, just capitalize on that fact and enter at its low price and get out at its high price.
Japinat

Activity: 2982
Merit: 681

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 05:12:02 AM

and remember to buy low and sell high. Hence, don't sell too early even if you are on the losing side because you get afraid on the price outcome because it will really go up and down, just capitalize on that fact and enter at its low price and get out at its high price.
Weak hands lose in the game because they will choose to sell to take a loss to trade with other assets or some just enter without educating themselves. I never sell for a lose because I can still trade with my other assets using the diversification method, it would be easier if we keep reading so we will not panic and make a wrong decision.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
gabbie2010

Activity: 2674
Merit: 326

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2017, 06:31:28 AM

In every business that involve taking a risk emotion set in. But be as it may It is a pure money management sense to set-up stop loss in a trade and placing a trade of 1% or 2% of total investment i.e trade with money you can afford to loss, this will shut out emotion. More so, a good trading strategy is will reduce emotion in sense that a the end of a trade the trader will be profitable although some minor losses may be incurred.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 08:57:29 AM

In every business that involve taking a risk emotion set in. But be as it may It is a pure money management sense to set-up stop loss in a trade and placing a trade of 1% or 2% of total investment i.e trade with money you can afford to loss, this will shut out emotion. More so, a good trading strategy is will reduce emotion in sense that a the end of a trade the trader will be profitable although some minor losses may be incurred.
as we can't control the flow its better to make sure that you have set up the end and exit position, placing your money in an investment should research properly as risk always present and managing your emotion is a must, don't be so greedy and never to go all in always make alternatives to assure yourself that you have a good outcome.
BitAvrillis

Activity: 51

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 09:59:40 AM

I just started in january and made many mistakes. I didnt lost anything, but didnt get the big fish either. So now i have my long term in taas and eth and just believe. It was always because I acted to fast. Now I just remind myself of what I could have gained with little more patience. And I never ever trade at peaks.
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 10:00:46 AM

Weak hands lose in the game because they will choose to sell to take a loss to trade with other assets or some just enter without educating themselves. I never sell for a lose because I can still trade with my other assets using the diversification method, it would be easier if we keep reading so we will not panic and make a wrong decision.
That's true. Most of the time weaker hands loss, which is just because lack of educating themselves with the different trading techniques. Importantly as stated diversification is a must to gain good profit. Because if one of the asset is on the declining side, then need to focus on the asset which is towards pump. In this manner the loss need to be compensated with the profit.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 11:46:34 AM

as we can't control the flow its better to make sure that you have set up the end and exit position, placing your money in an investment should research properly as risk always present and managing your emotion is a must, don't be so greedy and never to go all in always make alternatives to assure yourself that you have a good outcome.
Those who not control their greediness they will go this All in the method. But this is seriously very big mistake. Never go all in, if you have luck you will come back with the good result. But the thing is most of the time we lose our money in all in the method. Everyone have control on their emotions, but when we are in critical conditions, only a few people can handle that situation. So try to avoid all in it will help you to grow your bankroll.
Salazarian

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 07:12:39 PM

in fact if we want to make money we have to take risk with out risk i do not think that there is any other way where the element of risk is not involve and still we can make money there. in fact your income is depending on your risk if you are going to invest a big amount and take more risk then your profit can also be much more. and if your are not taking much more risk then the chances of your profit are also low.

Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 08:08:12 PM

Those who not control their greediness they will go this All in the method. But this is seriously very big mistake. Never go all in, if you have luck you will come back with the good result. But the thing is most of the time we lose our money in all in the method. Everyone have control on their emotions, but when we are in critical conditions, only a few people can handle that situation. So try to avoid all in it will help you to grow your bankroll.

Those guys are risk takers and not greedy if they are going all in. For them its all or nothing. Greediness is when you already profit big and still wants more. Sometimes I go all in, so its either go home or go big for me. So if I became successful, then I will stop because I'm not greedy. If I lose, then too bad for me.
Fappanu

Activity: 1111
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 06:20:59 PM

Panic selling is probably the worst thing a trader could ever do with BTC. That happens because people invest and buy more then what they can afford to lose because If they didn't buy more , they simply wouldn't care , have patience and wait whatever time It takes until It raises again.
People who bought more then what they can afford to lose are always in panic and the least drop in the price could make them panic sell and that could result into losses , however If they waited , It could've go up again.

Agree with this one

Panic selling when the price of coin goes down. but that's a bad habit. as a professional trader you must always wait for the right time to sell or buy also its come with great responsibility in news/update of what you are trading also my friend sometime or maybe always too much is bad. Trading is basically on your hand how you will work for it, only enemy here is the time when you can wait you will never lose.
Jewell

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 11:20:57 PM

Panic selling is probably the worst thing a trader could ever do with BTC. That happens because people invest and buy more then what they can afford to lose because If they didn't buy more , they simply wouldn't care , have patience and wait whatever time It takes until It raises again.
People who bought more then what they can afford to lose are always in panic and the least drop in the price could make them panic sell and that could result into losses , however If they waited , It could've go up again.

Agree with this one

Panic selling when the price of coin goes down. but that's a bad habit. as a professional trader you must always wait for the right time to sell or buy also its come with great responsibility in news/update of what you are trading also my friend sometime or maybe always too much is bad. Trading is basically on your hand how you will work for it, only enemy here is the time when you can wait you will never lose.
but to me i think most of the investors have now become mature and  now they do not trap by the panic selling, we have very good example from previous time, when the price of bitcoin start dumping and even after 400 decrease people give support to bitcoin and that is the reason that we are now trading bitcoin above 2800$.
UCHCHILD

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 11:57:36 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2017, 12:10:29 AM by UCHCHILD

Most of the people cannot manage emotion when the price pump up high the reaction goes to panic selling then after the price crashes down the  after they will regret because it rising again higher than the price of their selling value I hope this thing changes already since we already surpass this kind of attitude last new year when the price reaches thousands people sell theirs and so the price dump. We need to be careful now also there are newbies and so they will be panic sellers one day it the price rises.
Kersh768

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

Freshdice.com

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 02:58:57 AM

Greetings!

While trading sometimes I drop back from my original plan. Such emotional decisions often bring loss cuz I tend to change orders on panic or when I mistakenly expect more potential income. How do you deal with that if you feel the same way?
I always make an altrrnative plan so when my original plan blows up, my emotion won't trigger as my focus remains for the plan in which emotion doesn't interfere.

░▓███▓▓▓▓▒▒          
                        ▒██▒      ▓██▓▒▒█▓▓▒      
                ░▓███▓▓▒▓▓██▓      ▒██████    
          ░▓███░      ▒█▓▒░  ▒███████████  
      ▒██▓▒░  ▒▓███▓      ▒▓▓▓█████████░  
  ░██▓        ▒▓▒░    ░▓▓▓▓▓███████▓███▓  
▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ░▒▒▓▓▓███████▓      ███  
███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████      ░███▒
▒██▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████  ▒█████
  ▓█    ▒██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓███████
    █▓    ▒██▓▓▓█▓▓▓████████▒    ░██████▒
    ▓██▒▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████      ▒██████▓
      ██████▓█▓█▓█▓████████▒  ▓███████▒
       ▓███████████▓▓█████████████████
         ▓███████████▓█████░    ▓███████░
           ███████    ▓██████▓      ▓█████▓  
           ░▓█████▒    ▓██████    ▓████▓    
              ░▓████▓   ▒███████████▓      
                 ░▓█████████████▓▓▒        
                         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░            
Fresh Dice||||||Dice Now!
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 03:13:27 AM

Having control in emotions is quite a simple thing, because if you can fix limits and stick to it then you won't lose at any instance. With bitcoin the emotional outbursts most of the time results in a loss, else leads for a panic selling where the buyer gets profited. Being patience is good with digital currency because if the value declines today, sure it grows further within few days  or weeks.
L00n3y

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 03:16:12 AM

By managing our emotions, this is the most things  happened to those people who don't have enough knowledge about trading, gambling
and etc. So for us to control our emotions it needs self discipline and self control.

I think having a enough knowledge aint enough, we all human have that animal instincts that make us crave to want more and to bet more. We cant completely control emotions especially when we are in the desperate need for money. Thats why sometimes we need someone to help us and tell us when is enough enough.

Emotions only have negative affect on trading. If you cant control your emotions you will get trapped in the charts. Traders need to accept proper decisions based on current market conditions and emotions dont let trader to act with fresh mind.
True, because it can result to panic selling and sometimes you can have mental blocks on what to do next resulting to a lot of mistakes ang huge loss of money. Negative emotions not only a burden in trading but in lot of work too and can ruin your whole day.
canvan

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 03:22:37 AM

Having control in emotions is quite a simple thing, because if you can fix limits and stick to it then you won't lose at any instance. With bitcoin the emotional outbursts most of the time results in a loss, else leads for a panic selling where the buyer gets profited. Being patience is good with digital currency because if the value declines today, sure it grows further within few days  or weeks.

Yeah if you set your goals and prices in advance then emotions won't affect you, the problem is sometimes you want to adjust to the market and in this instance its impossible not to have a bit of bias. Patience is great and all but don't end up an eternal bagholder, set a reasonable stoploss that you don't change for anything, it may end up losing you money but it will reduce your overall risk.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: