Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 01:19:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Pls describe ur actions honestly
I lose most of the time cuz I'm gambler, baby! - 32 (17.8%)
Occasionally I do end up with a low outcome - 90 (50%)
Mistakes? Haven't heard o'them. Got steel nerves and titanium balls. - 58 (32.2%)
Total Voters: 180

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you manage ur emotions?  (Read 55890 times)
Paid Piper

Activity: 329
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 05:28:13 PM

Greetings!

While trading sometimes I drop back from my original plan. Such emotional decisions often bring loss cuz I tend to change orders on panic or when I mistakenly expect more potential income. How do you deal with that if you feel the same way?

Sometimes when things get really confusing. I just go back to the real world and said, I will do better next time.
Emotions are not the basis of success but our main purpose is to be successful so we should control that otherwise all the things that we have been working hard will become useless. Every successful trader has experience failure when starting up but by correcting the mistakes it will help us to be more matured and we will have the success in controlling our emotions as well, no way I will stop trading, for me this is my road to financial success.

Me too. I've now considered trading as one of my primary sources of earning and it seems i have a good way of handling my emotions when it comes to it. The key really is having patience to wait and avoid making rushed decisions due to excitement or anxiety because that's when you're going to lose money. I try to be relaxed as much as possible when doing trades and it worked pretty well so far
trading is in fact a very good and profitable source of earning money. I think those people who have some experience in trading they can really make good profit from trading altcoin. specially those people who are also interested in trading.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 09:49:49 AM

Greetings!

While trading sometimes I drop back from my original plan. Such emotional decisions often bring loss cuz I tend to change orders on panic or when I mistakenly expect more potential income. How do you deal with that if you feel the same way?

Sometimes when things get really confusing. I just go back to the real world and said, I will do better next time.
Emotions are not the basis of success but our main purpose is to be successful so we should control that otherwise all the things that we have been working hard will become useless. Every successful trader has experience failure when starting up but by correcting the mistakes it will help us to be more matured and we will have the success in controlling our emotions as well, no way I will stop trading, for me this is my road to financial success.

Me too. I've now considered trading as one of my primary sources of earning and it seems i have a good way of handling my emotions when it comes to it. The key really is having patience to wait and avoid making rushed decisions due to excitement or anxiety because that's when you're going to lose money. I try to be relaxed as much as possible when doing trades and it worked pretty well so far
trading is in fact a very good and profitable source of earning money. I think those people who have some experience in trading they can really make good profit from trading altcoin. specially those people who are also interested in trading.
Well all of us was at a point when we're just starting out and for starters it's quite hard to have your emotions in check. We're expecting profits when we trade especially if we see other traders earning a lot so for newbies, it important to manage your expectations. It's highly possible that your initial trades would be flunks and that's why you have to minimize your high expectations for a high return because it will come in time

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 05:09:28 AM

Greetings!

Well all of us was at a point when we're just starting out and for starters it's quite hard to have your emotions in check. We're expecting profits when we trade especially if we see other traders earning a lot so for newbies, it important to manage your expectations. It's highly possible that your initial trades would be flunks and that's why you have to minimize your high expectations for a high return because it will come in time

Controlling our emotions is really one of the most important things to learn and master. Not to mention that it is one of the hardest things to master as well. Why, because we tend to become more emotional when gambling.
saffira

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 05:25:15 AM

if you are in a hurry or panic, taKE  deep breath, inhale, exhaLE, RELAx for a minute and clear your mind.
think twice before doing something
8Habits

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 05:45:06 AM

if you are in a hurry or panic, taKE  deep breath, inhale, exhaLE, RELAx for a minute and clear your mind.

Better go outside for like 30 minutes and remove all the stressor out of your mind and just feel outside - the environment, the people, the weather. These process helps clear your mind and once you are back in your desk, your state of mind is no longer the same as few minutes ago and you can make some good decisions in that time.
chip1994

Activity: 868
Merit: 251

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 05:53:53 AM

Greetings!

Controlling our emotions is really one of the most important things to learn and master. Not to mention that it is one of the hardest things to master as well. Why, because we tend to become more emotional when gambling.
Special the FOMO is a factor make we usually have mistake when trading, and hurry is no exception too. When see the crypto we following increasing fast or flash crash, we will get some fearing need sell or buy now in this time. Although, not use technical analysic first, we still create order and take loss after the price of this coin doing the opposite our guess

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████
       █████████   █████  █████
      ███████████   ███  █████
       █████████   ███  █████
        ███████   ███  █████

Powered by,
8Habits

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 05:55:50 AM

Greetings!

Special the FOMO is a factor make we usually have mistake when trading, and hurry is no exception too. When see the crypto we following increasing fast or flash crash, we will get some fearing need sell or buy now in this time. Although, not use technical analysic first, we still create order and take loss after the price of this coin doing the opposite our guess

patience is a virtue but time is gold. What I mean by this is that it pays to be patient but it is also a good thing to watch the market trend and act accordingly because time is gold.
mrfreezeh

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 06:12:21 AM

Greetings!

patience is a virtue but time is gold. What I mean by this is that it pays to be patient but it is also a good thing to watch the market trend and act accordingly because time is gold.
I agree with you patience is a good virtue and the time is gold. But when trading, all decisive are depending on how the situation takes place, can't rigid rules trading. Sometimes, patience will best choice for the market have FOMO but other time patience will make we miss opportunity to become rich! As your tell the time is gold.
Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 09:08:04 AM

I will come up with a plan before trading and follow strictly. At times when unexpected events happen, I will remind myself to calm down and think, I have this 10 minutes rule to think before acting. Hope its help.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

Finestream

Activity: 3038
Merit: 604

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 12:55:37 PM

I will come up with a plan before trading and follow strictly. At times when unexpected events happen, I will remind myself to calm down and think, I have this 10 minutes rule to think before acting. Hope its help.
Learn how to not be an emotional person because it will never gonna help you succeed in trading, you need to be smart all the time and always calm because trading in crypto is a hell of a roller coaster ride, so you if you panic that will make you lose. Never sell when there is a dump, instead you buy those cheap coins and hold it until the price will start to pump again, just follow the trend and everything will be good for you.

BitcoinUKmedia

Activity: 261

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 02:15:47 PM

You have to re-wire your brain from the normal responses to enable you to buy when the price is low and sell when it's high.
You have to be able to do the total opposite to what you are taught growing up  - you are taught to save money carefully and steer clear of risk. Buying something when it is down is counter-intuitive but you have to work on thinking different - only then you will be at one with crypto
streazight

Activity: 910
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 02:44:56 PM

You have to re-wire your brain from the normal responses to enable you to buy when the price is low and sell when it's high.
You have to be able to do the total opposite to what you are taught growing up  - you are taught to save money carefully and steer clear of risk. Buying something when it is down is counter-intuitive but you have to work on thinking different - only then you will be at one with crypto
Rewriting our brain or doing just the opposite of what we are usually thinking will be helpful to stay as a unique trader but I wonder how these will be helping any trader to control their emotions while they are trading ?

Being innovative or not being the one among the herd are few old techniques which were suggested to traders but I'm not finding these are useful for control our emotions. Probably we need to be creative to control our emotions this way of being creative, so that we can find the any other practical solutions.
J Gambler

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 03:24:56 PM

Yes, rest for awhile. Our mind need to be relax too and it is needed to breath out and in. If we continue to use our mind even it is tired then we arent on our focus. If we were not on our focus then i think we will panic sellin the coins and doesnt think for the future. We need to handle our emotions smoothly.

Y U MAD AT ME
shirazteam110

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 06:12:20 PM

Hope they give you some medicine to eat How do you feel NoW Huh
jameshowlett

Activity: 338

Asura – Self Sustainable eSport ecosystem

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 06:53:31 PM

Greetings!

I agree with you patience is a good virtue and the time is gold. But when trading, all decisive are depending on how the situation takes place, can't rigid rules trading. Sometimes, patience will best choice for the market have FOMO but other time patience will make we miss opportunity to become rich! As your tell the time is gold.
Patience sometimes makes the situation worse. Therre are many coins which go down without increase its price and for any traders try to hold on to those coins, they will lose a ton of money and time. If you know the right time to sell with an acceptable loss, you can start a new path with a new coin which can give you more amounr of money

GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 07:18:08 PM

Learn how to not be an emotional person because it will never gonna help you succeed in trading, you need to be smart all the time and always calm because trading in crypto is a hell of a roller coaster ride, so you if you panic that will make you lose. Never sell when there is a dump, instead you buy those cheap coins and hold it until the price will start to pump again, just follow the trend and everything will be good for you.
Yes everything will be possible only after getting lot of practices for that. Without practices no one will be able to be calm always when the price movements take roller coaster rides. But for a experienced trader it is not a big thing hence they can easily manage their emotions.
bitbob82

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 11:45:05 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2017, 12:13:17 AM by bitbob82

Yes everything will be possible only after getting lot of practices for that. Without practices no one will be able to be calm always when the price movements take roller coaster rides. But for a experienced trader it is not a big thing hence they can easily manage their emotions.
to me some time it become difficult to have good control over my emotions. in fact it is the nature of the man that he want to get more and more. he do not compromise for what he has, but want to increase their money as more as he can therefore some time it become difficult to control our emotions.
buzz_lightyear

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 12:54:23 AM

You need to learn your limit first and if you ever make a mistake don't let your emotions control you. Make a plan that will guide you on how you should trade so you won't rush yourself for you to not make any mistake.
Aleya

Activity: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 02:16:36 AM

Emotion is the important part for human beings. Everybody should control their emotion. There is no specific way to manage my emotion  . Sometime i mange my emotion walking alone my flower garden. Sometimes stop taking to anyone. Sometimes writing something. 

With the help of nature anyone can manage their emotion easily.
knightmairesaint

Activity: 490
Merit: 262

privacy preserving smart contracts and beyond

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 03:30:58 AM

Emotion is the important part for human beings. Everybody should control their emotion. There is no specific way to manage my emotion  . Sometime i mange my emotion walking alone my flower garden. Sometimes stop taking to anyone. Sometimes writing something. 

With the help of nature anyone can manage their emotion easily.

Managing emotions comes with strong self-discipline. It may not be easy but for people who badly needs it, they will find a way to be able to do so. Controlling emotions while doing trading is very hard especially if the market price keeps on fluctuating up and down. I have experienced it while I was exchanging one of my token. I was frustrated because the market price of that token goes down just at the time when I was exchanging it, I needed the money at that time.

I control my emotions by listening to music. It is proven that by doing that, music changes your mood. I like listening to POP music and R&Bs.

d█████                      d███████  ,o██████
                   d█████[                    ,█████████ d████████
                   d█████[                   ,██████P'' d█████
                   d█████[                   ██████'   d█████
                   d█████[                  ,██████    d█████
  _▄▄▄████████████bd█████Y██████L     ,█████████████████████[,d▄██▄
 ▄████████████████bd█████ Y██████b   d██████████████████████fY██████
██████P"P██████"""'d█████  ` ██████.d█████ PY█████PPPPP█████[ `▀██▀
█████    `█████[   d█████   ` ███████████ ' ]█████    d█████
█████    ,█████[   d█████     Y█████████P   ]█████    d█████
██████ooo█████P    d█████      Y███████P    ]█████    d█████
 Y███████████P     d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
  `"P█████P'       d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
  _oo█████oo_      d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
 d███████████
██████P"Y█████
█████     █████
''''     ,█████
ooooooooo█████
█████████████
█████████▀▀

▬▬▬   is a decentralized internet
   platform delivering anonymous
   asset
transfers and data 
   privacy for smart contracts.

in
OUR SOLUTION : : :

This enables developers to include sensitive data in their
smart-contracts, directly on-chain.

██████████ █▄ 
██████████ ███▄
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████

█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN GLYFF

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
[
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: