Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:24:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Pls describe ur actions honestly
I lose most of the time cuz I'm gambler, baby! - 32 (17.8%)
Occasionally I do end up with a low outcome - 90 (50%)
Mistakes? Haven't heard o'them. Got steel nerves and titanium balls. - 58 (32.2%)
Total Voters: 180

Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you manage ur emotions?  (Read 55890 times)
abayan

Activity: 686
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:53:14 PM

Greetings!

While trading sometimes I drop back from my original plan. Such emotional decisions often bring loss cuz I tend to change orders on panic or when I mistakenly expect more potential income. How do you deal with that if you feel the same way?

Emotions really only get the best of you when you watch a crypto rally into the sky. When this happens don't act, just wait and be patient.

The second scenario is when you see one of your cryptos tanks really badly, in this case, turn your computer off and just walk away. If you want an exit strategy then you wait for the top of the bounce that tests the last resistance.

Never ever act emotionally, just walk away from the screen. I know its hard but this comes with the years.

Just to quote, emotion is a natural instinctive state of mind deriving from one's circumstances, mood, or relationships with others. Emotion is natural and it is for sure coming from you very real. Of course if you’re at the case that you lose, you will really be upset. But it is very normal to happen. The best way to keep your emotion and control it is to be a positive thinker. Be Optimistic at all and always think that net time, you are going to earn double the amount you lose.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄           ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Blue Bell

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:40:58 PM

Controlling our emotions in panic buying is hard to control,but we need to control it because it can result in negative vibes for our money to loose.Learn to expect whatever happens in our money if it is decreasing or increasing ,learn to be positive always and accept the fact that loosing is part of our life in trading.
When someone lose in bitcoin because it’s very hard to control your emotion and it happen with me because last year when I lose in  bitcoin on that day I sell all my bitcoins because one day before I check the price of bitcoin and that was high but on next day bitcoin price was little low and I thought that its high because I did not check the price of bitcoin on that day and as a result I lose a lot of money which was a very bad experience for me.
Partizanai

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:50:26 PM

in my situation, I'm not happy about in my life anymore. but I'm lucky to be happy with my nephew because of my life. so far that the control crib has made it impossible for one. I'm looking for a way to be happy. thank you.
hope you will be happy, family is the most important hing and nothing should stand between you and your fam
Anco_Marzio

Activity: 186

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:36:50 AM

Anything tied to sex and money is filled by emotions, and you can't avoid them. But you can keep them under control, just to not rush in bad decision and panic acting.

Rodeo02

Activity: 1302
Merit: 577

avatar and signature space for rent !!!

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:10:22 AM

Greetings!

While trading sometimes I drop back from my original plan. Such emotional decisions often bring loss cuz I tend to change orders on panic or when I mistakenly expect more potential income. How do you deal with that if you feel the same way?

Panic and emotion normally come at the same time so we have to handle them together.
I have no good idea how to handle them but i always discipline with my trading plan and it can make me not so emotion.

hard to handle this the way on how you may able to control your emotion for you to be more productive on it cause being the way on good to handle are the calm person maybe you may do a lot of things to be better to be more good to handle it or learn to staying calm specially for the bad situation test yourself for.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:12:57 AM

There is a good book that you all should read. I read it about 10 years ago or so. The book is maybe 20 years old.

Its called like "Trading in the zone".

Basically it outlines the challenges that most traders face. To sum it up, its most likely your head which will make you lose money not your strategy.

Also it tells you that, its always easy to see a trade happen that you didn't take rather than actually taking a trade which didn't work out; its a psychology type of thing.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
captain8

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:32:54 AM

My emotions?! There all over the place, when i trade crypto i cannot sleep,

Love it too much get too excited  Grin

Drizzlepistol

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:43:28 PM

i think you have to stay calm, for examble when you win 3 times or lose 3 times, you should take a rest before you make next decisions. that helps you make better decisions

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
rejin29x

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:44:53 PM

When we talk about our emotions on how to manage it,many people fall unto this one, whether in business, schooling, spiritual, and mentality. but if we know only the basic rules of it,it will surely we can manage our emotion properly and we will stand firm on what we originate the plan.
cybersofts
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:05:48 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2018, 12:17:39 AM by cybersofts

Knowledge and experience will help you to manage your emotion, when you master the skills, your prediction of price movement will increase and when things is more predictable you won't be panic anymore, panic selling is the worst emotion when it comes to trading, it can cause your profit to decrease and even lost your money
Yeah, I learned to control my emotions very well because I don't deviate from what I originally planned for. Before I buy new coins from the market, it may take couple of days before I made my final decision. And once I made it there is no turning back from it. At first, study the coin very well and then invent into it and don't let any other coin distract you if that coin is not falling.  
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:29:43 PM

Knowledge and experience will help you to manage your emotion, when you master the skills, your prediction of price movement will increase and when things is more predictable you won't be panic anymore, panic selling is the worst emotion when it comes to trading, it can cause your profit to decrease and even lost your money
Yeah, I learned to control my emotions very well because I don't deviate from what I originally planned for. Before I buy new coins from the market, it may take couple of days before I made my final decision. And once I made it there is no turning back from it. At first, study the coin very well and then invent into it and don't let any other coin distract you if that coin is not falling.  

Pre-planned trading strategies is like winning the battle without even starting it yet. That should always be the case and you should not be like a blind soldier who go to war and just shoot at everywhere because you won't go that far and you will not be a good trader if that is your actuations.
cepedacharles

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:47:42 PM

We are emotional because we are human. However,  not only in trading world but also in our life generally,  we must learn to handle our emotions.  It happened to me,  I have learned that patience is a very important virtue and also very helpful in trading.  I tend to panic when I notice pump and dump,  which results to looses of my capital. Therefore, long patience will help us focus and  achieve greater profit in the trading.
Bonakid

Activity: 224
Merit: 121

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:29:39 PM

I remeber when I invest money and the price value turns to crashed down I can control my emotions and it makes me depressed of how it could be my money turn nothing?But I realized if theres a tragedy that comes theres always a hope it will be move on again and rising up again is what we all expect.Patience virtue is importan for being a trader  we need to control our emotions and make a plan again for  a new tomorrow.
Btc_1856

Activity: 1540
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:48:31 PM

i think you have to stay calm, for examble when you win 3 times or lose 3 times, you should take a rest before you make next decisions. that helps you make better decisions

Yes, this will help us to think about further steps what we have to do. Without taking planning much and rethinks you will be in more problems. Even though you win or loose plan exactly and find the right path to get success.

Allan Ramanda

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:59:15 PM

which is needed in trading not just intelligence, the most important thing is your experience and patience in holding the coins you will trade. if you can not control your patience, then you can get a loss, or regret.
kolega

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 04:11:18 PM

If you can't deal with emotions it is better not to engage in trading and just invest for the long term. And do not need to think, for example, that wouldn't sell now would earn more . Always a strict trading plan, entry and exit positions.
polonez

Activity: 392
Merit: 118

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 04:17:25 PM

Trading is such an activity when you should always be cold-blooded ... You should never give in to emotions, especially in this case Wink
Bitbitmaker

Activity: 204

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 04:31:31 PM

The cool brain is so needed for trading strategy. Also, it is necessary to place stops and don't deposit all money on one coin.
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 02:16:01 AM

The cool brain is so needed for trading strategy. Also, it is necessary to place stops and don't deposit all money on one coin.

It is easy to be carried away and sell at a lost if you are too emotional in trading - being cool is one of the criteria and it would also help to not always watch at the chart - just logout and take a deep breath and enjoy walking around. Just login at least once every 3 hours and lastly, follow your trading strategy and you will be fine
Advicerabi

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:23:09 AM

Greetings!

I think it is reasonable to happen if we're still newbies in trading, and don't worry because this is an experience that will train us to be great.

Try to follow your own strategy and don't panic if something happens does not fit we expect.
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: