June 19, 2024, 06:13:47 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 13273 13274 13275 13276 13277 13278 13279 13280 13281 13282 13283 13284 13285 13286 13287 13288 13289 13290 13291 13292 13293 13294 13295 13296 13297 13298 13299 13300 13301 13302 13303 13304 13305 13306 13307 13308 13309 13310 13311 13312 13313 13314 13315 13316 13317 13318 13319 13320 13321 13322 [13323] 13324 13325 13326 13327 13328 13329 13330 13331 13332 13333 13334 13335 13336 13337 13338 13339 13340 13341 13342 13343 13344 13345 13346 13347 13348 13349 13350 13351 13352 13353 13354 13355 13356 13357 13358 13359 13360 13361 13362 13363 13364 13365 13366 13367 13368 13369 13370 13371 13372 13373 ... 33461 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26403264 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 10418

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 11:51:25 PM

Nothing significant happening then really once again. I check the price so much less frequently than I used to. I miss the good old days of 40-50 USD price swings seemingly every other day.

Are those volatility days ever going to come back, or are we on some kind of steady road forward forever?

Nobody knows, we are all enjoying the game of speculation.

Some are enjoying it more than others, and some are just getting frustrated and anxious that BTC prices can remain within this apparently $220 to $290 range for more than 8 months.... and then since we are currently at the bottom of such $220 to $290 range, this kind of fact causes some people to lose confidence in whether the price will ever go back up.

Surely, I am preaching to the choir in some respect, because there remain several of us, who are still posting in these forums that remain bullish on BTC and keep holding and keep investing and accumulating.. while at the same time, having our own doubts and wondering why it is taking so long for others to also see the light and begin to invest in BTC...

One thing that remains constant; however, is that it remains much easier for many normal individuals to move around BTC, rather than fiat... accordingly, whenever money needs to be rushed to the exchanges, there might NOT be enough fiat contained therein to fight off those who are ready, willing and able to sell BTC in order to manipulate BTC prices downward (those bear fucks    Angry   Angry   )....

Fakhoury
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Permabull Bitcoin Investor

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 11:53:33 PM

Hey, anything interesting happening or coming up? Man, I'm starting to get real frustrated t the fact we're remaining mostly between $224-$231. Where is the bitcoin we all know and love to hate to love!?

Accumulation period still running, keep growing your stash.

That's what I am attempting to do, too; however, sometimes the amount available to invest is only small amount.

If you would take an advice from a guy who cares for other people, every penny counts, 0.2 BTC is better than 0.1 and 0.1 is better than 0.001 and at last, 0.001 is better than 0.

The bird builds it's nest from scratch, bit by bit.

Don't be lazy, go and invest now and always remember, don't invest what you can't afford to lose. But, risking small amount of your cash for a better future, worth risking and enjoying the risk's adrenaline rushs Smiley
Jammalan the Prophet

Activity: 500
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 12:01:24 AM

It's quite simple: it enables true micropayments on the Bitcoin blockchain by making access to mining ubiquitous.

It's amazing how people with 1 year activity on this forum don't have a clue about bitcoin

How the hell is that piece of garbage enabling micropayments?
Fakhoury
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 12:02:14 AM

Nothing significant happening then really once again. I check the price so much less frequently than I used to. I miss the good old days of 40-50 USD price swings seemingly every other day.

Are those volatility days ever going to come back, or are we on some kind of steady road forward forever?

Some are enjoying it more than others, and some are just getting frustrated and anxious that BTC prices can remain within this apparently $220 to $290 range for more than 8 months.... and then since we are currently at the bottom of such $220 to $290 range, this kind of fact causes some people to lose confidence in whether the price will ever go back up.

Surely, I am preaching to the choir in some respect, because there remain several of us, who are still posting in these forums that remain bullish on BTC and keep holding and keep investing and accumulating.. while at the same time, having our own doubts and wondering why it is taking so long for others to also see the light and begin to invest in BTC...

One thing that remains constant; however, is that it remains much easier for many normal individuals to move around BTC, rather than fiat... accordingly, whenever money needs to be rushed to the exchanges, there might NOT be enough fiat contained therein to fight off those who are ready, willing and able to sell BTC in order to manipulate BTC prices downward (those bear fucks    Angry   Angry   )....

Well, there a lot of missing facts that people tends to forget here

1. Bitcoin is high risk / high reward investment.
2. Bitcoin is not MAKE-ME-RICH-TOMORROW-MOTHAF***ER
3. The real bitcoins are here for the long haul (no offense, but this is how it's going to work out)
4. Most of the people I came across here, fall under two categories : Kids want to get rich quick, people with agendas and losers (most of the bear)
5. People tend to see that the option in investing and holding bitcoins and buying more and more is easy, let them just close their eyes, and manage just to FEEL if they have 2 or 3 figures of BTC and holding them for 5-10 with a journey full of shocks and insanely hard times, this investment requires nerves of steel, a lionheart.

Forget about the bears, read the news, think about it, see the future, believe in BTC, stick with Bulls, and believe me, you will be fine.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1779

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 12:02:41 AM

Coin
Explanation
Jammalan the Prophet

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 12:07:10 AM

One thing that remains constant; however, is that it remains much easier for many normal individuals to move around BTC, rather than fiat... accordingly, whenever money needs to be rushed to the exchanges, there might NOT be enough fiat contained therein to fight off those who are ready, willing and able to sell BTC in order to manipulate BTC prices downward (those bear fucks    Angry   Angry   )....

3. The real bitcoins are here for the long haul (no offense, but this is how it's going to work out)
4. Most of the people I came across here, fall under two three categories : Kids want to get rich quick, people with agendas and losers (most of the bear), permabulls blinded by greed who will never accept they have taken a bet on the wrong horse at the wrong odds
5. People tend to see that the option in investing and holding bitcoins and buying more and more is easy, let them just close their eyes, and manage just to FEEL if they have 2 or 3 figures of BTC and holding them for 5-10 with a journey full of shocks and insanely hard times, this investment requires nerves of steel, a lionheart.

Forget about the bears, read the news, think about it, see the future, believe in BTC, stick with Bulls, and believe me, you will be fine.

Fixed a bit for you. No need to thank me.
Fakhoury
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 12:08:58 AM

brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 12:20:05 AM

It's quite simple: it enables true micropayments on the Bitcoin blockchain by making access to mining ubiquitous.

It's amazing how people with 1 year activity on this forum don't have a clue about bitcoin

Cheesy

Why so butthurt?

Tell me genius, how do you send a 2 satoshi transaction on chain right now?

Fakhoury
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 12:22:31 AM

Cheesy

Why so butthurt?

Burg, my friend, why you waste your time on such useless creatures, let them die in silence when we moon Wink

The ignore list is their graveyard Wink
Jammalan the Prophet

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 12:26:14 AM

Cheesy

Why so butthurt?

Tell me genius , how will you send a 2 satoshi transaction with that device?

Is that device not following the bitcoin protocol rules?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 12:30:55 AM

Hey, anything interesting happening or coming up? Man, I'm starting to get real frustrated t the fact we're remaining mostly between $224-$231. Where is the bitcoin we all know and love to hate to love!?

That's what I am attempting to do, too; however, sometimes the amount available to invest is only small amount.

If you would take an advice from a guy who cares for other people, every penny counts, 0.2 BTC is better than 0.1 and 0.1 is better than 0.001 and at last, 0.001 is better than 0.

Don't be lazy, go and invest now and always remember, don't invest what you can't afford to lose. But, risking small amount of your cash for a better future, worth risking and enjoying the risk's adrenaline rushs Smiley

Hahahahahaha

I don't know if you are addressing your comments towards me or just more broadly to the general SPECULATION thread audience?

My general BTC investment strategy has been very active and to continue to invest in BTC to accumulate and to HODL

I have been continuing to engage in this strategy since the top of the BTC price market in November 2013.  Actually, I bought less than 2 BTCs near the top of the market and above $1,000, yet surely NOW, in retrospect, many people would assert that buying any BTC above $1,000 was an exercise in bad judgement (retrospect is 20/20, yet I will still say to those people to fuck off because, people cannot judge someone's whole investment strategy based on only one portion of his/her portfolio of investments). 

In any event,  currently and on an ongoing basis there can be some sense that over the past nearly 22 months BTC prices  had continued to go down (and yes have more or less remained fairly flat - largely in the $200s territory for more than 8 months).  Nonetheless, my personal strategy has continued to be to accumulate BTC within this $200s price territory.

Part of my point in my earlier post was that it remains an ongoing point of concern for a lot of people to continue to put money into BTC, but to still be waiting for the day that BTC prices will go up...

There can be questions from many of futility - and even coming from the greatest of bullish folks.

Despite some questionings that I sometimes have had from time to time, I have NOT really lost a lot of confidence in the future of BTC and its infrastructure development, because BTC's infrastructure continues to be developed and to advance in a variety of ways..   I have NOT discontinued with my accumulation strategy, even though there have been times within the past year and in the real world, when my cash flow has NOT allowed me a very large amount of continued investment into BTC.. just because the extra money was NOT there during certain periods, even when the better BTC buying periods seemed to have come about.

Surely there could be reasons to hold on to ones money and to strategically wait for BTC prices to come down, but really, I doubt that very many people really can predict exactly when that is going to be and to what degree.

Actually, for some reasons unrelated to BTC, my personal cash flow matters have been more stressed during 2015 than in 2014, and accordingly, my BTC accumulation in 2015 has only been about 15% of my total BTC portfolio in 2014 and late 2013...  Further my BTC accumulation since about October 2014, has been only about 40% of my total BTC investment portfolio. 

In this regard, from my personal standpoint, it takes a while of continued and ongoing investment into BTC to bring down my average cost per BTC, even though I have accumulated quite a few BTC during the whole period of my BTC investment.  I conclude, sir, that my BTC investment strategy has been anything but lazy.

Tongue Tongue Tongue   Cheesy  Wink

brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 12:31:50 AM

Cheesy

Why so butthurt?

That device is a miner tied to a non negligible mining pool.

Using some payment channel magic and their microtransactions server your 2 satoshi transaction will be aggregated with a bunch of others and settled into the blockchain as they mine blocks.
Jammalan the Prophet

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 12:39:06 AM

Cheesy

Why so butthurt?

Using some payment channel magic and their microtransactions server your 2 satoshi transaction will be aggregated with a bunch of others and settled into the blockchain as they mine blocks.

4% is negligible.

magic....? like lambchop's unicorns?
and their microtransacations servers that is like lambchop's ... hmmm tough one... brain?  aka totally missing?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 12:41:33 AM

4. Most of the people I came across here, fall under two categories : Kids want to get rich quick, people with agendas and losers (most of the bear)

Your point 4 seems to be kind of jaded regarding the bitcoin speculation thread participants.  I believe that during times like these (ongoing flatness towards what appears to be the bottom of the price) some of the bulls and those who are more sympathetic towards BTC are in hybernation...

GO FIGURE!!!!   Hyberating bulls.  WTF?

Regarding your last paragraph, possibly, you are mixing me up with someone else, or maybe misreading the gist of my responses.  Generally, I am very bullish towards BTC, even though sometimes, I will exercise some caution regarding my level of optimism.  Believe me, I am sufficiently invested in BTC in order to allow for considerable appreciation of my personal wealth, in the event that BTC prices go up...   I can also afford to lose the totality of my BTC investment; however, there would be some regretted losses from my perspective if BTC were to go to zero without going up first (because some or all of that money could have been invested in some other assets, for sure).

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 12:42:26 AM

Cheesy

Why so butthurt?

4% is negligible.

magic....? like lambchop's unicorns?
and their microtransacations servers that is like lambchop's ... hmmm tough one... brain?  aka totally missing?

At the very reasonabe retail price of $400 this device is a steal and everybody here knows it.
Jammalan the Prophet

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 12:42:34 AM

Hahahahahaha

I don't know if you are addressing your comments towards me or just more broadly to the general SPECULATION thread audience?

My general BTC investment strategy has been very active and to continue to invest in BTC to accumulate and to HODL

I have been continuing to engage in this strategy since the top of the BTC price market in November 2013.  Actually, I bought less than 2 BTCs near the top of the market and above $1,000, yet surely NOW, in retrospect, many people would assert that buying any BTC above $1,000 was an exercise in bad judgement (retrospect is 20/20, yet I will still say to those people to fuck off because, people cannot judge someone's whole investment strategy based on only one portion of his/her portfolio of investments). 

In any event,  currently and on an ongoing basis there can be some sense that over the past nearly 22 months BTC prices  had continued to go down (and yes have more or less remained fairly flat - largely in the $200s territory for more than 8 months).  Nonetheless, my personal strategy has continued to be to accumulate BTC within this $200s price territory.

Part of my point in my earlier post was that it remains an ongoing point of concern for a lot of people to continue to put money into BTC, but to still be waiting for the day that BTC prices will go up...

There can be questions from many of futility - and even coming from the greatest of bullish folks.

Despite some questionings that I sometimes have had from time to time, I have NOT really lost a lot of confidence in the future of BTC and its infrastructure development, because BTC's infrastructure continues to be developed and to advance in a variety of ways..   I have NOT discontinued with my accumulation strategy, even though there have been times within the past year and in the real world, when my cash flow has NOT allowed me a very large amount of continued investment into BTC.. just because the extra money was NOT there during certain periods, even when the better BTC buying periods seemed to have come about.

Surely there could be reasons to hold on to ones money and to strategically wait for BTC prices to come down, but really, I doubt that very many people really can predict exactly when that is going to be and to what degree.

Actually, for some reasons unrelated to BTC, my personal cash flow matters have been more stressed during 2015 than in 2014, and accordingly, my BTC accumulation in 2015 has only been about 15% of my total BTC portfolio in 2014 and late 2013...  Further my BTC accumulation since about October 2014, has been only about 40% of my total BTC investment portfolio. 

In this regard, from my personal standpoint, it takes a while of continued and ongoing investment into BTC to bring down my average cost per BTC, even though I have accumulated quite a few BTC during the whole period of my BTC investment.  I conclude, sir, that my BTC investment strategy has been anything but lazy.

Care to draw a line and tell us how many btc at what average cost?
Maybe it will cheer up my cousin Smiley who also had a GREAT investment plan
Fakhoury
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 12:55:12 AM

Your point 4 seems to be kind of jaded regarding the bitcoin speculation thread participants.  I believe that during times like these (ongoing flatness towards what appears to be the bottom of the price) some of the bulls and those who are more sympathetic towards BTC are in hybernation...

GO FIGURE!!!!   Hyberating bulls.  WTF?

Regarding your last paragraph, possibly, you are mixing me up with someone else, or maybe misreading the gist of my responses.  Generally, I am very bullish towards BTC, even though sometimes, I will exercise some caution regarding my level of optimism.  Believe me, I am sufficiently invested in BTC in order to allow for considerable appreciation of my personal wealth, in the event that BTC prices go up...   I can also afford to lose the totality of my BTC investment; however, there would be some regretted losses from my perspective if BTC were to go to zero without going up first (because some or all of that money could have been invested in some other assets, for sure).

I've read your last two replies and will to be on somehome, context with you Smiley

1. I was addressing you in the first place and the community after that, but as we didn't meet before, it sounds that we are friends and in the same boat, so basically, nice to meet you, really Smiley
2. As I told to Klee in one of my posts where I was replying on him regarding how do I act towards bitcoin, I will quote it here for you to read,

You could be right, but lets come down to ourselves, you could invest in yourself by learning new skills, methods, languages .. etc., but without believing in yourself, you will go nowhere even if you mastered everything.

It's like loving someone, your heart and mind must work, here in BTC, TA and Believing in BTC goes together, we can't relay on each of them in solo, but I tend to go more with believing as I'm emotional by nature Smiley

3. I could sound as an aggressive bull, oh wait, yes, I'm Cheesy but because I like bitcoin, all my friends here (80% bulls and 20% bears), I like the community, and I've learned a lot from many people over here, I like to share optimism in the air like Rihanna wants to share love in the air Cheesy  Grin

4. If you have any doubts/questions, let it out and lets in public, maybe I got could help you with others.

5. I see you are a great person and older as well as more professional than me and this makes me happy.

6. I will end my talking by telling you, don't lose faith my friend, if you felt losing faith in Bitcoin, talk with us, and we will fix us  Grin
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 12:56:18 AM

Hahahahahaha

Care to draw a line and tell us how many btc at what average cost?
Maybe it will cheer up my cousin Smiley who also had a GREAT investment plan

I have a pretty extensive post history, so probably, you could get a pretty good idea for the level of my BTC investment; however, those details are really NOT that important - it is like getting caught up in the trees when we are talking about the forest.

You also cannot really understand my whole risk profile or my diversification merely from one part of my investments (the BTC portion). 

I think that I sufficiently share a lot of my points to a lot of people in these threads in order to illustrate a lot of points and to share ideas and viewpoints and to attempt to predict some future price directions and developments.

Jammalan the Prophet (JTP)  Why don't you share some of your personal details?  In what are you invested?  Anything?  What is your life view?  Have you come here to denigrate others and to suggest that they are wrong about something or did you want to contribute in some meaningful way?  Are you suggesting that BTC prices are going to continue to go down?  if so, by how much and when?  Will the return up or NOT? 

If you are predicting that BTC prices will forever go down, and/or we are NOT at or near the bottom of BTC prices, then what is your basis for such a prediction?    Can you talk about any prediction in light of the last about 9 months, in which there seems to have been a couple of attempts to test the bottom of the BTC market and to drive BTC prices below $200, and really there has been considerable difficulties bringing and/or sustaining BTC prices below $220... I mean in essence, in the last about 9 months BTC prices have largely been floating in a range between $220 and $290...   How much longer can this price range hold?  I have a tough time imagining that it could hold another 7-9 months, and I have even more of a difficult time to imagine that BTC prices can be sustained under $200 for any period of time, without some significant negative developments within the overall BTC space... which seems to be  a less than 50% probability that some such negative development will take place within the next 7-9 months.

ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1779

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 01:02:43 AM

Coin
Explanation
Fakhoury
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 01:12:16 AM

Have you come here to denigrate others ... or did you want to contribute in some meaningful way?

Won't lie, he's a bit niggardly when it comes to meaningfully contributating Sad

Good Lambie vs Bad Lambie  Cheesy Cheesy Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 13273 13274 13275 13276 13277 13278 13279 13280 13281 13282 13283 13284 13285 13286 13287 13288 13289 13290 13291 13292 13293 13294 13295 13296 13297 13298 13299 13300 13301 13302 13303 13304 13305 13306 13307 13308 13309 13310 13311 13312 13313 13314 13315 13316 13317 13318 13319 13320 13321 13322 [13323] 13324 13325 13326 13327 13328 13329 13330 13331 13332 13333 13334 13335 13336 13337 13338 13339 13340 13341 13342 13343 13344 13345 13346 13347 13348 13349 13350 13351 13352 13353 13354 13355 13356 13357 13358 13359 13360 13361 13362 13363 13364 13365 13366 13367 13368 13369 13370 13371 13372 13373 ... 33461 »
  Print  

Jump to: