April 16, 2024, 04:52:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 42 (70%)
<$60,000 - 18 (30%)
Total Voters: 60

Pages: « 1 ... 26575 26576 26577 26578 26579 26580 26581 26582 26583 26584 26585 26586 26587 26588 26589 26590 26591 26592 26593 26594 26595 26596 26597 26598 26599 26600 26601 26602 26603 26604 26605 26606 26607 26608 26609 26610 26611 26612 26613 26614 26615 26616 26617 26618 26619 26620 26621 26622 26623 26624 [26625] 26626 26627 26628 26629 26630 26631 26632 26633 26634 26635 26636 26637 26638 26639 26640 26641 26642 26643 26644 26645 26646 26647 26648 26649 26650 26651 26652 26653 26654 26655 26656 26657 26658 26659 26660 26661 26662 26663 26664 26665 26666 26667 26668 26669 26670 26671 26672 26673 26674 26675 ... 33268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26355866 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 10:46:21 PM

Brazils President. A well armed people can't be enslaved by tyrants.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1264263778620911616

thats a simple statement, while almost all simple statements turn out to be false.
Brazil got quite a number of gunshot kills per 100.000 nationals.
Too low for Nutsonaro?

We have a saying about that, too.

"When guns are outlawed, only outlaws have guns"
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 10:47:10 PM

thats a simple statement, while almost all simple statements turn out to be false.
Too low for Nutsonaro?

Gunshot kills made by criminals to unarmed citizens who can't defend themselves, That's what he is changing.
If you know that you might get shot yourself if you shoot someone, you just might think twice before you shoot.
If good people have guns, bad people will hesitate to shoot them = fewer gun kills, how is that so hard for the stupid left to understand.

Sir, the underlying problems are lack of education and empathy. Guns only scrape the surface, bullets don't decide between good or bad.
How can guns stop madness? It's not impossible. They never did. The "bad" don't think twice, and there are not many more dangerous things than "good" people with guns. The "good" german people also just only wanted the best for themselves, which they thought (or became taught) is the best for all. And we all know in what a nightmare this was turning. Now, one of the mistakes in understanding is through not having to experience this kind of nightmare, so i just refer to the "lack of empathy" aspect i mentioned earlier, because education can't be the main problem here, don't you agree?
And well, there ARE stupid leftists, as well as stupid rightists. Remember the bell curve? I'd try to be like in the middle in this regards.
Communism is only ever imposed on a disarmed population. This alone is reason enough to never give up the 2nd.

Or...why a certain part of society champions disarming the population...
Yes. Communists are the dysgenic part of the population I mentioned a few posts up. The meme that "communists are not human" is literal truth. And there are more of them than ever before, and next generation there will be even more.

Tangentially, Brazil is looking better and better as a living destination. It's promising to see that Bolsonaro is trying to arm the population. I expect the sky high crime rate to be moderated within a few years, as long as Bolsonaro is still alive.

That's some statement.
I agree, let's wait for the statistical outcomes within the next few years, if this goes on.

@Ibian: Your use of the term "dysgenic" proves that i'm right with the education part.
Your use of Nutsonaro proves that you are a worthless twat.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 10:55:14 PM

The facts and data don't really back that up at all though do they.
I've lived in the USA, and I've lived in Australia. Much, much, much less chance of being shot in Australia. That's a cold hard fact, no matter what you want to believe.

There is a decent argument to made about the enslaved by tyrants thing. Maybe a lot more gun deaths are worth that. But arguing from a "safer with more guns" perspective is not backed by anything except your feelings.

Well, actually, there _is_ a lot of data to back up such a statement. Your anecdote, trying to conflate two different cultures, is what's irrelevant here.

Scholarly data in the US indisputably show that, in areas where gun bans are lifted, violent crime diminishes.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2020, 11:00:14 PM

At least if Brazil legalizes guns we can start seriously considering it as a seastead destination.

The Atlantic Ocean off of Brazil is a vast open area with no hurricanes and low waves.

We have not considered it due to the crime.
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 11:08:11 PM

What crime? In the middle of the ocean? Seems legit.
infofront (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 11:08:50 PM

I've read that the seaside resort towns are pretty safe, but seasteads are an entirely different ballgame.
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Be a bank

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 11:09:44 PM

I've lived in the USA, and I've lived in Australia. Much, much, much less chance of being shot in Australia. That's a cold hard fact, no matter what you want to believe.

There is a decent argument to made about the enslaved by tyrants thing. Maybe a lot more gun deaths are worth that. But arguing from a "safer with more guns" perspective is not backed by anything except your feelings.

Well, actually, there _is_ a lot of data to back up such a statement. Your anecdote, trying to conflate two different cultures, is what's irrelevant here.

Scholarly data in the US indisputably show that, in areas where gun bans are lifted, violent crime diminishes.

'cultures' Huh
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 11:12:39 PM

'cultures' Huh
What's with the sneer quotes?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 10128

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 11:33:54 PM

https://www.amazon.com/Pizza-Daveed-Benito-Decor-Poster/dp/B07SQH7RGW

Happy Pizza Day, WO,s
Accompany with a good wine or champagne at the right temperature.

the dude approves this message

An evening with this guy would probably be much more interesting TBH.

Are you sick, infofront?

Your wife must be nearby.
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 2228

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 11:39:09 PM

Cite?

Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 11:41:32 PM

Cite?
Oh for fucks sake. Google it. Yogi is right on this one, it's not controversial or even up for debate.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 11:46:06 PM

Alright I am annoyed and saddened and really fucking tired. Also down to just one merit, but I will give it to the best youngster, newbie or kid who can write a decent - short will do fine - riposte to the kindergarten shit that is happening over here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5248291.msg54499261#msg54499261

Of course I have sympathy for our fallen ex-member mindrust who has gone back 5 years in his understanding of bitcoin, but please do your best to put cobra at least in his place, the beginners and help section.

Hahahahaahaa..

I received a merit from V8 in my post in that thread (responding to Cøbra... so maybe I inadvertently won the v8 contest but did not even realize I was contending...   I felt like I was doing it for fffffrrrrrreeeeeeeeee...

Thanks for the windfall, v8.   Wink Wink    makes me feel mucho warm and fuzzy.. on the inside... (or is it the outside...? I am losing track) Kiss Kiss Kiss

#nohomo
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Be a bank

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 11:50:54 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Was a bit weird of me to demand the kids do the dirty work. You made a fine job of it.

edit: coming up to 20k posts JJG. Hope btc catches you up soon
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 11:56:23 PM

Good afternoon Bitcoinland.

Trying to get back over $9k I see... currently $8961USD/$12533CAD (Bitcoinaverage).

This could take some time. It will probably be a bit of a wait for $10k.

That's what she said.

Of course I have sympathy for our fallen ex-member mindrust who has gone back 5 years in his understanding of bitcoin

I wouldn't have, he probably never had the coins he claimed. Just trolled you all to the max.

Now revealed, he is left with much weaker trolling in the BS sections and good riddance.

Sure, it's possible that mindrust trolled us... but overall that seems like the less likely scenario.

Largely, I believe that he had gotten up to 10BTC... even though you are correct that the circumstance of that final panic sell and refusal to buy back somewhat reasonably was a bit unbelievable.. so it is possible that he was just trolling and trying to convince others to sell while he was largely had been a no coiner for the whole time.. but that just seems a bit too implausible too that he would build a long con for a couple of years, because he genuinely went back and forth about things and he did have a kind of tendency to want to panic several times before his BIG panic.. .and even his earlier story has been consistent (meaning his story of having had fucked up previously and gambled on alts and characterized himself as a reformed HODLer.. etc etc).. so ultimately, I think that I believe his latest panic story (and that he had gotten up to 10 BTC) more than I do not... for whatever it is worth.. but I am willing to listen to new evidence if it can be shown in a reasonably plausible and non-gratuitous way.
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 2963

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 11:57:45 PM

Too low for Nutsonaro?

Gunshot kills made by criminals to unarmed citizens who can't defend themselves, That's what he is changing.
If you know that you might get shot yourself if you shoot someone, you just might think twice before you shoot.
If good people have guns, bad people will hesitate to shoot them = fewer gun kills, how is that so hard for the stupid left to understand.

Sir, the underlying problems are lack of education and empathy. Guns only scrape the surface, bullets don't decide between good or bad.
How can guns stop madness? It's not impossible. They never did. The "bad" don't think twice, and there are not many more dangerous things than "good" people with guns. The "good" german people also just only wanted the best for themselves, which they thought (or became taught) is the best for all. And we all know in what a nightmare this was turning. Now, one of the mistakes in understanding is through not having to experience this kind of nightmare, so i just refer to the "lack of empathy" aspect i mentioned earlier, because education can't be the main problem here, don't you agree?
And well, there ARE stupid leftists, as well as stupid rightists. Remember the bell curve? I'd try to be like in the middle in this regards.
Communism is only ever imposed on a disarmed population. This alone is reason enough to never give up the 2nd.

Yes. Communists are the dysgenic part of the population I mentioned a few posts up. The meme that "communists are not human" is literal truth. And there are more of them than ever before, and next generation there will be even more.

Tangentially, Brazil is looking better and better as a living destination. It's promising to see that Bolsonaro is trying to arm the population. I expect the sky high crime rate to be moderated within a few years, as long as Bolsonaro is still alive.

That's some statement.
I agree, let's wait for the statistical outcomes within the next few years, if this goes on.

@Ibian: Your use of the term "dysgenic" proves that i'm right with the education part.

Yeah, gimme your worst!
U serious?  Roll Eyes

Cite?
Oh for fucks sake. Google it. Yogi is right on this one, it's not controversial or even up for debate.

Compared to 22 other high-income nations, the U.S. gun-related homicide rate is 25 times higher.[17] Although it has half the population of the other 22 nations combined, the U.S. had 82 percent of global gun deaths, 90 percent of all women killed with guns, 91 percent of children under 14 and 92 percent of young people between ages 15 and 24 killed with guns.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_the_United_States

Guns seem to really help.
If it's mainly only the gun and ammunition manufacturers who are helped by them the most, but hey... We're just gonna sell this with the "freedom" tag, what could go wrong?
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2020, 12:04:59 AM

Too low for Nutsonaro?

That's some statement.

Yeah, gimme your worst!
U serious?  Roll Eyes

Cite?

Compared to 22 other high-income nations, the U.S. gun-related homicide rate is 25 times higher.[17] Although it has half the population of the other 22 nations combined, the U.S. had 82 percent of global gun deaths, 90 percent of all women killed with guns, 91 percent of children under 14 and 92 percent of young people between ages 15 and 24 killed with guns.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_the_United_States

Guns seem to really help.
If it's mainly only the gun and ammunition manufacturers who are helped by them the most, but hey... We're just gonna sell this with the "freedom" tag, what could go wrong?

You are one of the dysgenic people. None of that shit matters, even if it was true. The only thing that matters is, is the state going to kill a large part of the population? That's what communists do. And they can only do it to a disarmed population.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
May 26, 2020, 01:01:21 AM

it was never about deaths it was about not overwhelming the hospital system in the USA and Sweden

but with 1 payer in Sweden and more slack in beds..that is why they are close. Sweden with a 1 payer

medical plan and beds per capita would be right up there even more so than the USA. Sweden also had

testing in place a couple of months ago and ramped up which we have yet to do.

So in reality Sweden is looking worse as well with all that in place, unlike Germany. IMHO.

The USA issue is it a complete cluster due to political games and denial by the Executive Branch

damn hard to play catchup with the pandemic math. Anyway, what do I know? What comes to mind

is both Sweden and the USA missed the boat on how to approach this, in 20/20 hindsight.
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 2228

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
May 26, 2020, 01:10:54 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

1) Ibian is on deep more ignore.
2) Doing a quick google on
"does violent crime diminish when gun bans are lifted"

Did not bring up many studies that supported this assertion. Perhaps you have to use a different query?

Pls support your sources. Preferably with scholarly research, impact factor > 3 would be a start.

Or just say it's your opinion and be done with it. I'm always ok with bullshit, just like to ensure it's identified as such.

Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
May 26, 2020, 01:19:49 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1), JayJuanGee (1), infofront (1), HairyMaclairy (1)

Hello all.

Apologies for the sparse reporting lately..a family member in a high risk job had to be tested again over the weekend..results....NEGATIVE.  Prayers answered...thank you.

Needless to say...have been pretty stressed out...as I am sure many of you are.

Hearing a couple of similar reports from other observers...all I can say is ...my thoughts and prayers continue to be with all of you.

We will carry on.

-----
the evening wall report

Bitcoin is trading below $9k on surprisingly strong volumes over the weekend. A dip below the 26 day MA has the Bulls fighting for support between $8.8k and $8.9k. Looking at the cloud we see deformations along the top of a support zone indicating stresses are likely to be high in this region. Meaning we could see increased volatility as we head into Tuesday and the rest of the trading week.

D

For all the marbles really..how bitcoin reacts over the next couple of months is critical...   

On the edge of a reciprocal deep pool caused by the March 12th dip in the cloud..will harmonics draw the price downward before halving pressures can exert continued upwards pressure?    #dyor

3 day

#stronghands
infofront (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
May 26, 2020, 01:21:42 AM

https://www.amazon.com/Pizza-Daveed-Benito-Decor-Poster/dp/B07SQH7RGW

Happy Pizza Day, WO,s
Accompany with a good wine or champagne at the right temperature.

the dude approves this message

An evening with this guy would probably be much more interesting TBH.

Are you sick, infofront?

Your wife must be nearby.

i forgot the #nohomo  Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 26575 26576 26577 26578 26579 26580 26581 26582 26583 26584 26585 26586 26587 26588 26589 26590 26591 26592 26593 26594 26595 26596 26597 26598 26599 26600 26601 26602 26603 26604 26605 26606 26607 26608 26609 26610 26611 26612 26613 26614 26615 26616 26617 26618 26619 26620 26621 26622 26623 26624 [26625] 26626 26627 26628 26629 26630 26631 26632 26633 26634 26635 26636 26637 26638 26639 26640 26641 26642 26643 26644 26645 26646 26647 26648 26649 26650 26651 26652 26653 26654 26655 26656 26657 26658 26659 26660 26661 26662 26663 26664 26665 26666 26667 26668 26669 26670 26671 26672 26673 26674 26675 ... 33268 »
  Print  

Jump to: