June 23, 2024, 09:25:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 29873 29874 29875 29876 29877 29878 29879 29880 29881 29882 29883 29884 29885 29886 29887 29888 29889 29890 29891 29892 29893 29894 29895 29896 29897 29898 29899 29900 29901 29902 29903 29904 29905 29906 29907 29908 29909 29910 29911 29912 29913 29914 29915 29916 29917 29918 29919 29920 29921 29922 [29923] 29924 29925 29926 29927 29928 29929 29930 29931 29932 29933 29934 29935 29936 29937 29938 29939 29940 29941 29942 29943 29944 29945 29946 29947 29948 29949 29950 29951 29952 29953 29954 29955 29956 29957 29958 29959 29960 29961 29962 29963 29964 29965 29966 29967 29968 29969 29970 29971 29972 29973 ... 33471 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26405123 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1779

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
December 26, 2021, 08:01:27 PM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 10428

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
December 26, 2021, 08:30:35 PM
Last edit: December 26, 2021, 09:32:33 PM by JayJuanGee
Merited by AlcoHoDL (1), bitebits (1), Mbitr (1)

is it going to be a mere 2x to 4x from here or do we end up having another 8x to 30x from here... either scenario could end up playing out..

I've only got small needs, so I'd settle for a modest 8x from here.

At inflation rates of today... indeed a current 8x will be modest and good to maintain basic needs

We know that there has been some decent discussion regarding what should be considered entry-level fuck you status, so I do continue to consider the topic of entry-level fuck you status, and historically, there has been some acceptance that $1 million had been an acceptable target-level... and sure maybe even in 2010 to 2014 time-frame, there might have been some reasonable abilities for quite a few normies to be able to get by on less than $1 million as their accumulated principle.. at least for the entry-level of presuming some kind of ability to live reasonably off of $3,333 in passive income per month.

For sure, at some point after March 2020, it became theoretically likely that we were going to need to double the entry-level amount to $2 million, and there has been quite a bit of evidence to support that the doubling of the entry-level was justified.. even though somethings did not double in price, but surely quite a few other things have doubled in price - and surely maybe overall on the average, we might be able to still get by with some kind of budget that is merely 15% to 25% greater (per year) than our prior to March 2020 budget.. but then there can still be questions regarding why do we need to suffer from our accustomed life-style.. why do we need to cut back on luxury goods, whether hookers, lambos, blow or whether eating out and traveling...  

So, even after so much pondering on the topic of how much value do we need to get to entry-level fuck you status, I still consider that for now, a doubling of the entry-level fuck you status to $2 million is likely sufficient.. but there has to be a kind of diligence that will remain to be built into any formula regarding how much does any total investment portfolio have to continue to appreciate in value on an annual basis merely to just keep up with cost of living within our previously accustomed lifestyle, and if we are wanting to increase our spending into more luxury living, then we would have to consider how some goods and services have inflated in costs higher than other kinds of items...

So.. today we could consider entry level fuck you status to be $2million... but that $2million in value would not be worth $2 million in early 2023 dollars.. so that same value would have reduced to something like $1.6 million in late 2021 dollars (if we were using 20% depreciation).. It would not necessarily mean that we have to get out of fuck you status, but our overall portfolio (absent whatever we withdraw) has to keep up in value too and to account for some perhaps ongoing seemingly outrageous inflation along the way (as possibilities).  I personally consider myself to be fortunate because my own system includes the 208-week moving average as its foundational value calculation, yet any of us BTC HODLers are going to be potentially advantaged by having BTC in our investment portfolio, but we still have to be careful that do not end up trying to go into fuck you status too soon and based on miscalculations of what it would take to sufficiently maintain the value of our overall investment portfolio and our ability to draw from it, in the event that we are considering ourselves to have transitioned into fuck you status.

Perhaps this is part of the reason that some of us want to gravitate towards feeling that we need higher levels of performance on the amount that BTC values appreciate from here - even if we have already gotten 3x to 7x appreciation in the past year and a half and even though we are still gravitating in around a 5x price appreciation from that September 2020 price point (of $10k).

We can recognize increases in prices in some items that are way greater than the increases in the prices of other items.  For example, there are certain kinds of non-luxury items that might NOT have gone up in prive very much, relatively speaking  - let's just take fake meat for example, that some folks might proclaim that you might be able to substitute for real meat, but who the hell should really be believing that kind of nonsense and eating that kind of crap (yeah I know people really believe that food is food and blah blah blah soy is good for you.. I have met these kinds of people in real life), and really believing that they are getting anything even close to the same value..

There is  a lot of propaganda to promote fake foods as if they were real foods, and of course, there are likely other circumstances in which value has been shrinking but being sold as if it were the same level of value and quality as previously.

Another thing is that for me, I doubt that we really need to start our calculation of appreciated the value of our investment portfolio as if we were starting today with BTC in the $50k price range, and then expect that we have to have a 2x or even 8x price appreciation from here in order to keep up with inflation.  

Even though there is some ambiguity regarding what the BTC price might have been around March 2020, personally, based on subsequent happenings and even ease of calculations, I am content with using $10k as our BTC price foundation for March 2020 to assess our value of investment portfolio, and even with that way of assessing BTC value, we have already had 3x to 7x price appreciation with our BTC price currently giving us a value that is floating in the 5x range.. so we are not really in a bad place when it comes to how our BTC has performed since money printer go bbbbbbrrrrrrr has gone way further into crazy land (some are calling these matters clown world).

Call me a poo poo-er of your idea dude, but for me, it just does not seem reasonable to suggest that we have to have higher BTC price appreciation levels at this point just to keep up, even though I do agree with some of the sentiment that we are likely being lied to in respect to the extent to which we might even be able to keep up with something like 10% to 25% per year in appreciation of various aspects of our investment portfolio (or even our income) in the event that we did not have some or a lot of our value in BTC.  

So in that sense if we did not have BTC, then we are surely likely NOT to be keeping up with the rises in prices.   Few normies are keeping up these days and under the current circumstances, even if some peeps might perceive that they are keeping up.

In some sense, we might be talking about different things but still it seems fairly unambiguously clear that if any of us have had any kinds of meaningful amounts of value invested in BTC - even 10% to 25% of our total investment portfolio value invested in BTC in about March 2020 or even reaching that level of investment as late as September 2020, then we would have been able to way the hell out perform other kinds of traditional investments (those investments not including BTC) and even to keep up with inflation that may have been anywhere in the range of 10% to 25% per year and surely maybe even inflation that ended up being in the 50% per year... but holy fuck, I doubt that overall the expenses of the vast majority of us had really been going up very much higher than even 25% per year even though I had noticed that some kinds of restaurants and other goods and services do seem to be in the higher end of the range, maybe even doubling in price since March 2020.  

I doubt that we are disagreeing in any kind of meaningful way dude, but instead that I may well be wanting to reframe some of the aspects in terms of whether we might consider if we are keeping up or exceeding performance of those who do not have BTC in their holdings... and if we really need any kind of substantial BTC price appreciation just to keep up with the performance of nonBTCers because BTC HODLers are likely already in a pretty decent place if we have been largely established in BTC since September 2020 or earlier..

but if we are just coming into BTC after September 2020, then it is quite likely that some of our calculations are going to be different from the earlier adopters because it would not be so reasonable to have had gotten into BTC with a $10k or lower base starting point (cost per BTC)... and even if I am saying that those post September 2020 entrants into BTC are starting off with higher BTC price calculation points, they are still likely going to end up in a very decently good position in the years to come so long as they hold onto their BTC for one or two price cycles (referring to 4-year cycles) - and maybe similar to us earlier entrants into BTC (relatively speaking) if given a similar passage of time.
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8054

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2021, 08:54:21 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

I need 125k x 30 = 3,750,000

I would be 94 and who cares at that point.

I have a lot of that in the form of fed government pensions.

But I would like the 3.75mil and the pensions so that the pension can not be held over my head or my wife head.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 5030

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
December 26, 2021, 09:00:21 PM

ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2021, 09:01:37 PM

Explanation
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 4322

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
December 26, 2021, 09:17:25 PM

is it going to be a mere 2x to 4x from here or do we end up having another 8x to 30x from here... either scenario could end up playing out..

I've only got small needs, so I'd settle for a modest 8x from here.

At inflation rates of today... indeed a current 8x will be modest and good to maintain basic needs

We know that there has been some decent discussion regarding what should be considered entry-level fuck you status, so I do continue to consider the topic of entry-level fuck you status, and historically, there has been some acceptance that $1 million had been an acceptable target-level... and sure maybe even in 2010 to 2014 time-frame, there might have been some reasonable abilities for quite a few normies to be able to get by on less than $1 million as their accumulated principle.. at least for the entry-level of presuming some kind of ability to live reasonably off of $3,333 in passive income per month.

For sure, at some point after March 2020, it became theoretically likely that we were going to need to double the entry-level amount to $2 million, and there has been quite a bit of evidence to support that the doubling of the entry-level was justified.. even though somethings did not double in price, but surely quite a few other things have doubled in price - and surely maybe overall on the average, we might be able to still get by with some kind of budget that is merely 15% to 25% greater (per year) than our prior to March 2020 budget.. but then there can still be questions regarding why do we need to suffer from our accustomed life-style.. why do we need to cut back on luxury goods, whether hookers, lambos, blow or whether eating out and traveling...  

So, even after so much pondering on the topic of how much value do we need to get to entry-level fuck you status, I still consider that for now, a doubling of the entry-level fuck you status is likely sufficient.. but there has to be a kind of diligence that will remain to be built into any formula regarding how much does any total investment portfolio have to continue to appreciate in value on an annual basis merely to just keep up with cost of living within our previously accustomed lifestyle, and if we are wanting to increase our spending into more luxury living, then we would have to consider how some goods and services have inflated in costs higher than other kinds of items...

We can recognize increases in prices in some items that are way greater than the increases in the prices of other items.  For example, there are certain kinds of non-luxury items that might NOT have gone up in prive very much, relatively speaking  - let's just take fake meat for example, that some folks might proclaim that you might be able to substitute for real meat, but who the hell should really be believing that kind of nonsense and eating that kind of crap (yeah I know people really believe that food is food and blah blah blah soy is good for you.. I have met these kinds of people in real life), and really believing that they are getting anything even close to the same value..

There is  a lot of propaganda to promote fake foods as if they were real foods, and of course, there are likely other circumstances in which value has been shrinking but being sold as if it were the same level of value and quality as previously.

Another thing is that for me, I doubt that we really need to start our calculation of appreciated the value of our investment portfolio as if we were starting today with BTC in the $50k price range, and then expect that we have to have a 2x or even 8x price appreciation from here in order to keep up with inflation.  

Even though there is some ambiguity regarding what the BTC price might have been around March 2020, personally, based on subsequent happenings and even ease of calculations, I am content with using $10k as our BTC price foundation for March 2020 to assess our value of investment portfolio, and even with that way of assessing BTC value, we have already had 3x to 7x price appreciation with our BTC price currently giving us a value that is floating in the 5x range.. so we are not really in a bad place when it comes to how our BTC has performed since money printer go bbbbbbrrrrrrr has gone way further into crazy land (some are calling these matters clown world).

Call me a poo poo-er of your idea dude, but for me, it just does not seem reasonable to suggest that we have to have higher BTC price appreciation levels at this point just to keep up, even though I do agree with some of the sentiment that we are likely being lied to in respect to the extent to which we might even be able to keep up with something like 10% to 25% per year in appreciation of various aspects of our investment portfolio (or even our income) in the event that we did not have some or a lot of our value in BTC.  

So in that sense if we did not have BTC, then we are surely likely NOT to be keeping up with the rises in prices.   Few normies are keeping up these days and under the current circumstances, even if some peeps might perceive that they are keeping up.

In some sense, we might be talking about different things but still it seems fairly unambiguously clear that if any of us have had any kinds of meaningful amounts of value invested in BTC - even 10% to 25% of our total investment portfolio value invested in BTC in about March 2020 or even reaching that level of investment as late as September 2020, then we would have been able to way the hell out perform other kinds of traditional investments (those investments not including BTC) and even to keep up with inflation that may have been anywhere in the range of 10% to 25% per year and surely maybe even inflation that ended up being in the 50% per year... but holy fuck, I doubt that overall the expenses of the vast majority of us had really been going up very much higher than even 25% per year even though I had noticed that some kinds of restaurants and other goods and services do seem to be in the higher end of the range, maybe even doubling in price since March 2020.  

I doubt that we are disagreeing in any kind of meaningful way dude, but instead that I may well be wanting to reframe some of the aspects in terms of whether we might consider if we are keeping up or exceeding performance of those who do not have BTC in their holdings... and if we really need any kind of substantial BTC price appreciation just to keep up with the performance of nonBTCers because BTC HODLers are likely already in a pretty decent place if we have been largely established in BTC since September 2020 or earlier..

but if we are just coming into BTC after September 2020, then it is quite likely that some of our calculations are going to be different from the earlier adopters because it would not be so reasonable to have had gotten into BTC with a $10k or lower base starting point (cost per BTC)... and even if I am saying that those post September 2020 entrants into BTC are starting off with higher BTC price calculation points, they are still likely going to end up in a very decently good position in the years to come so long as they hold onto their BTC for one or two price cycles (referring to 4-year cycles) - and maybe similar to us earlier entrants into BTC (relatively speaking) if given a similar passage of time.

A nice read.

Summary: 21 BTC.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 3995

View Profile
December 26, 2021, 09:18:31 PM

Yes, people need to seriously think about this, @phil.
The critical part, imho, is when to switch from accumulation to distribution (for regular funds especially).
The dude who came up with 4% safe withdrawal doctrine now says that it is actually 4.7% of 'safe" spending per year.

Basically, in US, if the family has $1mil in ret funds (which should be quite doable if you had 401K and worked for, say, 30-35 years) and $3.1/k a mo from soc sec ($1550 is average for a person), then such "average" family should have about 47K+37K=84K/year in available funds, which should be enough in most parts of US. NY-maybe 125-150K/year, but in NY most people might have accumulated more because salaries there are higher as well.

Therefore, bitcoin is mostly extra, which could be either given to next gen, to charity or to the extended family.
Phil_S
Legendary

Activity: 2096
Merit: 1469

We choose to go to the moon

View Profile
December 26, 2021, 09:56:47 PM

ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2021, 10:01:27 PM

Explanation
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 5030

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
December 26, 2021, 10:06:09 PM
Merited by Torque (2), JayJuanGee (1), AlcoHoDL (1), OutOfMemory (1)

I've been behind enemy lines, reading everything published by the Bank of International Settlements in 2021.

Here are 10 pieces that I found the most alarming and most relevant to Bitcoin.

"Know thy enemy and know yourself; in a hundred battles, you will never be defeated."

https://twitter.com/samcallah/status/1473815145545551873?t=kcdNk8yao2NeSjHyA30X5Q&s=08
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 3128

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
December 26, 2021, 10:37:52 PM
Last edit: December 26, 2021, 11:36:50 PM by OutOfMemory
Merited by Hueristic (1)

What's that?
A nice lil pump to break $51k for now and forever?  Cool

EDIT: Came true and gained some more momentum seconds after i was posting this  Cool

EDIT2: Time to eat some fucking sellwalls  Grin That's my boy, right there! I love Bitcoin!

EDIT3: Yeah, that didn't age well, did it?

ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2021, 11:01:28 PM

Explanation
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Merit: 5142

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
December 26, 2021, 11:26:44 PM

What I fear is eventually the powers that be will figure out that possibly their very best chance against Bitcoin is not a CDBC, but rather Ethereum.  

That is def. possible.
In my view Meth is the perfect tool for TPTB to easily stay in control, essentially forever. (I recently mentioned how i see POS as an adequate base structure for that)

Meth also offers that great Hollywood trash story, in order to lure in the masses:

"The futuristic super-networktm that could only be invented by an alien-like savant genius kid" (...who unfortunately appears quite emotionally retarded and seems to be an easy job for any professional handler..)

And don't forget:
The Network will be Greta-green, because its security isn't backed by the value of energy and stupid thermodynamics. (...Why in the hell would you need that....?  Let's apply the magic of circular reasoning and let the tokens secure themselves, and of course, let's pay the main holders along the way. ...seems even worse than cRipple Roll Eyes)

It is my hope that TPTB waste another 10 years trying to push their CDBC experiment.  

5 years at least, I think. (if you mean CBDC)
Combined with some Chinese-like social credit system and digital personal identities & wallets, it could work.

But who knows what the future will bring.
Could even be that the US 'deep state' invented BTC as an energy based monetary system. For the time after a USD collapse, since they probably haven't got many gold reserves left either. In that case they would own Satoshi's keys of course  Grin

Yup.. You totally get what I am talking about.  So, JJG if you see this, that should give you the info you need to know whether I am crazy or not.

Now, I love the NSA (inset what ever acronym) invented Bitcoin story.  Not because it would or would not be beneficial... I have not gone far enough down that rabbit hole to know... but just for the wackiness of the theory.  But I don't think the theory holds that much water just because it would take some SERIOUS foresight for the nation with prints the worlds reserve currency at will to actually have the next reserve currency cooked up and waiting in the wings.  I USED to think my country was great enough for that kind of move.  But I have grown up a lot since then.

Plus Bitcoin is one of the only things currently that truly threatens the whole CBDC/Social Credit score system, and it seems to people pulling the strings are more going for THAT world instead of the free, honest one.  I thin k the "shadow government" is most likely all up in the 3 letter agencies.  Only military intelligence seems to have a shred of dignity left.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Merit: 5142

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
December 26, 2021, 11:34:22 PM
Last edit: December 26, 2021, 11:47:41 PM by cAPSLOCK

I need 125k x 30 = 3,750,000

I would be 94 and who cares at that point.

I have a lot of that in the form of fed government pensions.

But I would like the 3.75mil and the pensions so that the pension can not be held over my head or my wife head.

Sounds like a doable goal.  I believe you will get there one way or another.  And probably well before 90.  I mean 1.25MM x 3 is basically the same thing, right?  As long as bitcoin does not fail, that is an inevitability in my opinion.  Somewhere between your numbers, and that set...
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8054

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2021, 12:00:55 AM

The critical part, imho, is when to switch from accumulation to distribution (for regular funds especially).
The dude who came up with 4% safe withdrawal doctrine now says that it is actually 4.7% of 'safe" spending per year.

Basically, in US, if the family has $1mil in ret funds (which should be quite doable if you had 401K and worked for, say, 30-35 years) and $3.1/k a mo from soc sec ($1550 is average for a person), then such "average" family should have about 47K+37K=84K/year in available funds, which should be enough in most parts of US. NY-maybe 125-150K/year, but in NY most people might have accumulated more because salaries there are higher as well.

Therefore, bitcoin is mostly extra, which could be either given to next gen, to charity or to the extended family.

I have been thinking about this a lot.

I still like mining. But it involves some work and I am 64.

Plan is work to 70 .

Sell the business share I have to my partners.

Cash in 50% and hodl the rest for 5 years.

revisit the coins in 75 and decide what to cash.

If all of the above happens. I could maybe touch 2 or 3 million at 70 plus the pensions and the wifes 401k It would mean a decent living standard for us.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2021, 12:01:36 AM

Explanation
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 5079

View Profile
December 27, 2021, 12:12:04 AM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

I've been behind enemy lines, reading everything published by the Bank of International Settlements in 2021.

Here are 10 pieces that I found the most alarming and most relevant to Bitcoin.

"Know thy enemy and know yourself; in a hundred battles, you will never be defeated."

https://twitter.com/samcallah/status/1473815145545551873?t=kcdNk8yao2NeSjHyA30X5Q&s=08

That is some Orwellian nightmare fuel right there...and likely our world future if people don't wake the fk up and opt out of the fiat monetary system.

He's exactly right that the BIS == TPTB == "they". The Central Banks and even the Fed are all beholden to the BIS.
aesma

Activity: 2436
Merit: 921

fly or die

View Profile
December 27, 2021, 12:55:04 AM

A few pics from the telescope could settle that matter maybe?

Oh, of course not. It's too easy to hack the pics so the Earth looks round!

Fuckers, they want us the believe the spheroid in space fairy tale...

Some years ago I was "debating" with people who didn't believe in the Moon landings. After some time I realized that you could put them on a spaceship, land them on the Moon, they would still not believe in it. Saved me a good chunk of "internet arguing time".

but while they are on the moon you can simply open the airlock since they do not believe in the vacuum of space either.

Ah ah yes I would be tempted to do that.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2021, 01:01:27 AM

Explanation
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 3995

View Profile
December 27, 2021, 01:02:22 AM

I have been thinking about this a lot.

I still like mining. But it involves some work and I am 64.

Plan is work to 70 .

Sell the business share I have to my partners.

Cash in 50% and hodl the rest for 5 years.

revisit the coins in 75 and decide what to cash.

If all of the above happens. I could maybe touch 2 or 3 million at 70 plus the pensions and the wifes 401k It would mean a decent living standard for us.

Barring a very nasty inflation spike, $2 mil (will go from a lower number) plus pension(s) plus a decent 401K PLUS proceeds from part business ownership (difficult to value) PLUS 50% of btc portfolio and even without btc makes it "very likely not to die poor" situation. btc is just the icing on the cake in this situation. Well done!
Pages: « 1 ... 29873 29874 29875 29876 29877 29878 29879 29880 29881 29882 29883 29884 29885 29886 29887 29888 29889 29890 29891 29892 29893 29894 29895 29896 29897 29898 29899 29900 29901 29902 29903 29904 29905 29906 29907 29908 29909 29910 29911 29912 29913 29914 29915 29916 29917 29918 29919 29920 29921 29922 [29923] 29924 29925 29926 29927 29928 29929 29930 29931 29932 29933 29934 29935 29936 29937 29938 29939 29940 29941 29942 29943 29944 29945 29946 29947 29948 29949 29950 29951 29952 29953 29954 29955 29956 29957 29958 29959 29960 29961 29962 29963 29964 29965 29966 29967 29968 29969 29970 29971 29972 29973 ... 33471 »
  Print  

Jump to: