April 23, 2024, 06:45:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 10397 10398 10399 10400 10401 10402 10403 10404 10405 10406 10407 10408 10409 10410 10411 10412 10413 10414 10415 10416 10417 10418 10419 10420 10421 10422 10423 10424 10425 10426 10427 10428 10429 10430 10431 10432 10433 10434 10435 10436 10437 10438 10439 10440 10441 10442 10443 10444 10445 10446 [10447] 10448 10449 10450 10451 10452 10453 10454 10455 10456 10457 10458 10459 10460 10461 10462 10463 10464 10465 10466 10467 10468 10469 10470 10471 10472 10473 10474 10475 10476 10477 10478 10479 10480 10481 10482 10483 10484 10485 10486 10487 10488 10489 10490 10491 10492 10493 10494 10495 10496 10497 ... 33295 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26366584 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Xiaoxiao
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

The Golden Rule Rules

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 12:12:50 AM

uh oh heading for low 200s high 100s!
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 12:14:12 AM

I see we are back to Brokeback Mountain? No wonder I felt the need to scratch.
rolling

Activity: 824
Merit: 712

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 12:18:44 AM

Oh my, these posts are going to be so funny to read when Bitcoin is $100k. People arguing over 10's of dollars lol !!!!
byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 12:20:09 AM

Welp time to put on some music.

Dilla

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 12:27:29 AM

Yep. It's going downhill quick.
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 12:36:44 AM

Incredibile, questo professore conosce sia l'italiano che il francese!
Le Monsieur! Il est plein de ressources! Je suis surpris!
Bravo! :-D

Thanks! But I can only read French, not speak it. 
My parents were from Veneto and I spoke Venetian at home as a kid.
I learned Portuguese at school, Italian and Spanish starting at 10 or so,
from magazines that my parents bought.  Some French a bit later.
Then English at school and from reading technical stuff.
That's about it.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 12:39:53 AM

Oh my, these posts are going to be so funny to read when Bitcoin is $100k. People arguing over 10's of dollars lol !!!!

In a few years $10 will be worth nothing assuming the dollar fails to be the world reserve currency and people lose faith in it.

Fiat paper is simply....toilet paper with ink on it.
ShroomsKit

Activity: 672

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 12:42:39 AM

Bitfinex will destroy Bitcoin.

Why, what do you think's wrong with the exchange?

Why? Because the traders won't stop dumping and taking the price down till Bitcoin is worthless.

Nobody there believes in Bitcoin. It could be anything. Candy bars or teddy bears. They're just milking it while they still can while running it into the ground. As i said before it will be over before the end of 2015.

If you believe in Bitcoin and are trading at the same time then you're a total idiot.
celebreze32

Activity: 296
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 12:49:30 AM

Bitfinex will destroy Bitcoin.

Why, what do you think's wrong with the exchange?

Why? Because the traders won't stop dumping and taking the price down till Bitcoin is worthless.

Nobody there believes in Bitcoin. It could be anything. Candy bars or teddy bears. They're just milking it while they still can while running it into the ground. As i said before it will be over before the end of 2015.

If you believe in Bitcoin and are trading at the same time then you're a total idiot.

Yes, but what's wrong with Bitfinex in particular that will destroy bitcoin. Traders can dump and take the price down on any exchange.
Specular

Activity: 180
Merit: 102

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 12:58:55 AM

In a few years $10 will be worth nothing assuming the dollar fails to be the world reserve currency and people lose faith in it.

I believe that a lot of Fiat currencies are in for trouble in 2015 - Russia, The Euro, Turkey, Argentina, Russia's satellite states (such as Belarus) and even some Asian currencies mixed up in the devaluation currency war between China and Japan.

But of all the currencies out there, I think the USD has the biggest chance of thriving. The US has the biggest economy, it has the most advanced military, it has the rule of law, it has a crap ton of food/resources and it has a strong, dynamic and growing economy.

Think about this - where would you want to keep a couple million dollars for 5 years? In China it can get confiscated, Japan is a QE freakshow with a declining population, in Russia your fate is tied to Putin and Oil, the Eurozone is about to go through some serious shit with Greece again, and most other places (except for the tiny nation of Switzerland) are a complete gamble. I don't get all these "US dollar will be worthless" people. The USD is the safe place to keep big pools of $ long term - bearing any major unexpected political or social black swan that knocks America down a peg or two.

The people who need BTC aren't Americans, its those poor bastards buying toasters and flatscreens to try to save their quickly depreciating savings.

Just my 2 cents.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 01:00:02 AM

Bitfinex

Explanation
YourMother
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1046

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2015, 01:21:08 AM

I believe that a lot of Fiat currencies are in for trouble in 2015 - Russia, The Euro, Turkey, Argentina, Russia's satellite states (such as Belarus) and even some Asian currencies mixed up in the devaluation currency war between China and Japan.

But of all the currencies out there, I think the USD has the biggest chance of thriving. The US has the biggest economy,  it has the most advanced military,

it has the rule of law

it has a crap ton of food

and it has a strong, dynamic and growing economy

Think about this - where would you want to keep a couple million dollars for 5 years? In China it can get confiscated, Japan is a QE freakshow with a declining population, in Russia your fate is tied to Putin and Oil, the Eurozone is about to go through some serious shit with Greece again, and most other places (except for the tiny nation of Switzerland) are a complete gamble. I don't get all these "US dollar will be worthless" people. The USD is the safe place to keep big pools of $ long term - bearing any major unexpected political or social black swan that knocks America down a peg or two.

The people who need BTC aren't Americans, its those poor bastards buying toasters and flatscreens to try to save their quickly depreciating savings.

Just my 2 cents.

Just my 20 Beanie Babies
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2015, 01:21:33 AM

But of all the currencies out there, I think the USD has the biggest chance of thriving. The US has the biggest economy, it has the most advanced military, it has the rule of law, it has a crap ton of food/resources and it has a strong, dynamic and growing economy.

Just my 2 cents.

Speaking of Russians, the $255 bottom was actually a true double bottom in Rubles (higher low on higher volume). Russia has the potential to be the next Cypress on steroids.
heartastack

Activity: 714

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 01:27:39 AM

Just my 2 cents.

The fed will keep bailing banks and keep interest rats low with citizen dollars. Let's see how long...
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2015, 01:34:31 AM

Just my 2 cents.

The fed will keep bailing banks and keep interest rats low with citizen dollars. Let's see how long...

Until a bond market revolt. Then it's either a deflationary depression that will make the 1930s look like the good ol' days or (more likely) a hyper-inflationary mega recession that ends with a failed currency. One of these two things has to happen eventually (barring the discovery of cold fusion or some other miracle tech), and it's impossible to hedge against them both. It's death by fire or ice. International trade will have to be done very creatively if at all.
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 01:44:27 AM

pjviitas

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 01:56:55 AM

Just my 2 cents.

Until a bond market revolt. Then it's either a deflationary depression that will make the 1930s look like the good ol' days or (more likely) a hyper-inflationary mega recession that ends with a failed currency. One of these two things has to happen eventually (barring the discovery of cold fusion or some other miracle tech), and it's impossible to hedge against them both. It's death by fire or ice. International trade will have to be done very creatively if at all.

At the end of the day if things get as bad as all the BTC fan-boys hope it gets concerning other currencies...BTC and everyone other currency will be worthless.

The most valuable things will be food, water, shelter and bullets.
42t

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 01:58:49 AM

Just my 2 cents.

At the end of the day if things get as bad as all the BTC fan-boys hope it gets concerning other currencies...BTC and everyone other currency will be worthless.

The most valuable things will be food, water, shelter and bullets.

Absolutely correct.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 02:00:01 AM

Bitfinex

Explanation
Jammalan the Prophet

Activity: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 02:37:50 AM

Speaking of Russians, the $255 bottom was actually a true double bottom in Rubles (higher low on higher volume). Russia has the potential to be the next Cypress on steroids.

Pages: « 1 ... 10397 10398 10399 10400 10401 10402 10403 10404 10405 10406 10407 10408 10409 10410 10411 10412 10413 10414 10415 10416 10417 10418 10419 10420 10421 10422 10423 10424 10425 10426 10427 10428 10429 10430 10431 10432 10433 10434 10435 10436 10437 10438 10439 10440 10441 10442 10443 10444 10445 10446 [10447] 10448 10449 10450 10451 10452 10453 10454 10455 10456 10457 10458 10459 10460 10461 10462 10463 10464 10465 10466 10467 10468 10469 10470 10471 10472 10473 10474 10475 10476 10477 10478 10479 10480 10481 10482 10483 10484 10485 10486 10487 10488 10489 10490 10491 10492 10493 10494 10495 10496 10497 ... 33295 »
  Print  

Jump to: