April 27, 2024, 02:52:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 17385 17386 17387 17388 17389 17390 17391 17392 17393 17394 17395 17396 17397 17398 17399 17400 17401 17402 17403 17404 17405 17406 17407 17408 17409 17410 17411 17412 17413 17414 17415 17416 17417 17418 17419 17420 17421 17422 17423 17424 17425 17426 17427 17428 17429 17430 17431 17432 17433 17434 [17435] 17436 17437 17438 17439 17440 17441 17442 17443 17444 17445 17446 17447 17448 17449 17450 17451 17452 17453 17454 17455 17456 17457 17458 17459 17460 17461 17462 17463 17464 17465 17466 17467 17468 17469 17470 17471 17472 17473 17474 17475 17476 17477 17478 17479 17480 17481 17482 17483 17484 17485 ... 33304 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368591 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 09:06:22 AM

This all seems a bit strange. My original target when we started raising over 1200 was 3500 but now were here I am not really feeling like selling.

Am I being greedy?

Have I just readjusted based on where we are?

Decisions, decisions 

It's a good price, but the walls look hungry and lots of greedy noises from the financial establishment, so I understand how you're feeling.

i made all kinds of promises to people that I would invite them to the Caribbean once btc hits € 3000 and stuff like that. it was so unrealistically high. guess I need to tell those folks I had it all on btc-e...  Cheesy
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 09:13:23 AM

This all seems a bit strange. My original target when we started raising over 1200 was 3500 but now were here I am not really feeling like selling.

Am I being greedy?

Decisions, decisions 

I think the same way. I have a number picked out and say at price X I have Y dollars...so I can retire/buy a boat/etc.

Then when the time comes I start thinking of capital gains and writing a check to Uncle Sam for over $100k to go toward their war effort.

I have looked into every way possible of selling my bitcoins without paying taxes, even with the advantage of being overseas. The best I can do is take out $38k per year. Which means not selling.

And thinking about it more, I feel more secure having my money in Bitcoin than in anything else in the world.

So at this point, the price would have to drop about $2k for me to not be able to retire. And even then, I put aside this year's salary to put toward my first few years of retirement. So even if the price drops to $1k...in 2020 the block reward halves again.

So I am at the point of hodling forever (taking out $38k per year down the road).
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 09:15:03 AM

Am I being greedy?

Decisions, decisions 

It's a good price, but the walls look hungry and lots of greedy noises from the financial establishment, so I understand how you're feeling.

i made all kinds of promises to people that I would invite them to the Caribbean once btc hits € 3000 and stuff like that. it was so unrealistically high. guess I need to tell those folks I had it all on btc-e...  Cheesy

In 2013 I told my friends that if it hit $2k I would charter a private jet to fly us all to Vegas.

Now I wouldn't think of wasting my money like that when I can retire instead Cheesy
hazukison

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

Donate --> 15B6eKDUmjbV21Ujwj32HCX7qctCeSuzyi

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 09:28:02 AM

Am I being greedy?

Decisions, decisions 

In 2013 I told my friends that if it hit $2k I would charter a private jet to fly us all to Vegas.

Now I wouldn't think of wasting my money like that when I can retire instead Cheesy

Having just made my FIRST btc dare I ask how many btc that would involve??? o_o
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 09:30:31 AM

https://cryptoinsider.com/feds-conveniently-lose-bitcoiners-registration-indict/

coinbase scum collude with fed scum to lock up bitcoiner for the crime of having money
orpington

Activity: 784
Merit: 512

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 09:46:04 AM

Hi all

So with a small amount of BTC I want to do margin trading on Bitfinex. Now Im new to trading and maybe this is not the right place for this sort of question but has anyone had any experience doing this on Bitfinex? I am slightly confused about limit stop trailing trades etc. For example I deposit 0.05 BTC into margin account and want to go LONG on BTC so I buy 0.15 BTC worth using margin trading. Now if I want to automatically hace the position closed say once the price reaches a certain target how would I do this? Also is it possible to have a sell price set should the price start to go down and thus protecting me from too much losses. You know before margin account gets liquidated and I lose the 0.05 BTC.

Sorry if this is not the right place for this question. Then again this is more BTC related than some discussions on politics and metals. Not that I dont enjoy those I think it is a good part of the conversation as long as BTC is the main subject but I know some of you people dont like anything off-topic... including trading I guess.

Either way any input is much appreciated.

Just set a limit order to sell that same amount at whatever price above.

And just set a stop order to sell that same amount at whatever price below
Dakustaking76

Activity: 579
Merit: 267

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 09:50:02 AM

Oke Oke

If the price hits €5000,- in 2017

I Will buy myself a Nice Kawasaki bike H2 sport edition

Sounds Nice  Grin Grin
drbrockcoin

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

For your listening pleasure, Fuck World Trade!

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 09:57:56 AM

Hi all

So with a small amount of BTC I want to do margin trading on Bitfinex. Now Im new to trading and maybe this is not the right place for this sort of question but has anyone had any experience doing this on Bitfinex? I am slightly confused about limit stop trailing trades etc. For example I deposit 0.05 BTC into margin account and want to go LONG on BTC so I buy 0.15 BTC worth using margin trading. Now if I want to automatically hace the position closed say once the price reaches a certain target how would I do this? Also is it possible to have a sell price set should the price start to go down and thus protecting me from too much losses. You know before margin account gets liquidated and I lose the 0.05 BTC.

Sorry if this is not the right place for this question. Then again this is more BTC related than some discussions on politics and metals. Not that I dont enjoy those I think it is a good part of the conversation as long as BTC is the main subject but I know some of you people dont like anything off-topic... including trading I guess.

Either way any input is much appreciated.

Just set a limit order to sell that same amount at whatever price above.

And just set a stop order to sell that same amount at whatever price below

Ok just to clarify so I have a Long position for the amount of 0.15 BTC at the moment. So if I put a margin sell order of 0.15 BTC for X amount of dollars this will effectively close my long position once that order is reached/filled? And vice verca for the stop order below my entry?
So this will not create a NEW margins sell order correct?
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1075

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 10:00:17 AM

https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10982   Shocked read comments
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Be a bank

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 10:05:32 AM

Coco achieves this by designing specifically for confidential consortiums, where nodes and actors are explicitly declared and controlled. Based on these requirements, Coco presents an alternative approach to ledger construction, giving enterprises the scalability, distributed governance and enhanced confidentiality they need without sacrificing the inherent security and immutability they expect.

Claptrap. Roll Eyes
permissioned

Microsoft has been so good at pulling the wool over sheeples' eyes for so long, though.
Yes you both and I immediately see this Coco for the clowning it is, but their customers surely won't - they trust Bill lol.
Or are you saying this will damage microsoft when ethereum unravels and said sheeple realise 'omg 'twas a fraud all along'?
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Be a bank

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 10:11:24 AM

$3500 on post #350000

lettuce immediately send for Dr Peter Rizun, chief scientist of the Roger Ver camp.
he will make an excellent graph no doubt proving the direct causation of this correlation.
thus and therefore ... big blocks ... bitcoin anonymous
machasm

Activity: 784
Merit: 796

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 10:13:49 AM

Am I being greedy?

Decisions, decisions 

Am I being greedy?

Decisions, decisions 

Promises, promises. Funny how when you have to put your money where your mouth is it becomes a lot harder to part with your precious BTC. (Incidentally I have made promises of my own that I am squeezing out of!)
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 10:17:09 AM

dat wall on kraken ... what's going on there?!
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Be a bank

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 10:24:43 AM

Quite shy for a new ATH
It just needs time for the price to climb
aesma

Activity: 2380
Merit: 916

fly or die

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 10:34:21 AM

Waking up in my B&B in Italy. Seeing one BTC is worth 2995€ and 3000€ has been broken.

Happiness.

aesma

fly or die

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 10:39:53 AM

Oke Oke

If the price hits €5000,- in 2017

I Will buy myself a Nice Kawasaki bike H2 sport edition

Sounds Nice  Grin Grin

I'm buying a used Porsche 911 convertible for a cost of about 5BTC at 5000€.

Or I cash out that 5BTC that would be close to the amount I invested in total, and put it forward quitting my job and relocating to a nice and cheap place on a coast somewhere.

Difficult to decide.
empowering
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1441

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 10:41:00 AM
Last edit: August 11, 2017, 11:26:10 AM by empowering

on a decision that they were not qualified to make in the first place,

There you go with the elitist thinking again.  I am trying to be patient, but this is really offensive.

Who, pray tell, IS qualified to make such decisions in a democracy?

People who have a clue about the actual consequences, I'd say.

I can't speak for K~Ehleyr, but I have been following the Brexit matter closely since the debate started. The urban people, the educated, the young, overwhelmingly voted "Remain". So did some geographical/economical minorities (notably Scotland). The bulk of "Leave" voters were working class folk, afraid because they're losing their jobs to Polish plumbers. They have been lied to, their fears exploited cynically. Now these people see that the foreign plumber isn't going away anyway, but the City workers who used to be their customers at lunchtime or when their expensive shirts needed washing are going away if the government isn't able to negotiate merciful terms. And things look like the they won't be able to.

This is not about centralization/decentralization IMO. It's about an open market or a closed market. It's much harder to produce (or keep) wealth in the latter. Some of the uneducated are beginning to realize what happened above their heads, and they aren't going to be happy about that.

Nonsense.

Sorry but utter utter shyte

No need to be sorry for disagreeing.
Some more elaborated arguing wouldn't hurt, though.

sure.. first thing is  sorry to have been so brash..

Your comment "I have been following the Brexit matter closely since the debate started. The urban people, the educated, the young, overwhelmingly voted "Remain"."

Well-there in lays part of the issue. You have been following this Brexit since it first started... as have many of the people of the UK- and that is problem number one for most people - the attention to the issue is 20 years at least too late!!! (at least)  and for many people  inc the "young" "the "urban" its just something they have cottened onto in the past few years...do  you  see the issue there?  Some have been following the formation  of the trade bloc since before Heseltine  and Thatcher.... their opinions if anything bare experience of the issue,  and first hand experience of the consequences unwinding its way into British and European society.

The kitch media , the Guardian may hop up and down about it now- and claim its only ignorant, racist,  old, country folk who voted "leave"  I know this to be less than true... its bad journalism - and its the same bad journalism that has paid lip service to the benefits of the EU- and also assured us all that the "Remain" vote would win. out of touch arrogant journalism imo.  Certainly out of touch- as you may gather by the fact they did,and continue to take the complete wrong temperature of the room.

For me I find the demographic is quite different-  I know many many people, young, urban, educated that voted remain- but does it matter that a large number, never used their education in their career or to benefit society in any way, and most are office workers,  estate agents, insurance brokers, hair dressers, account executives and the like...  most live quite sedentary lives, living  from inherited money - and living rent seeking lifestyle - all very lovely- all mainly quite uninformed and financially illiterate- and by and large could not give a damn about the EU 2-3 years ago- and short of how it effects them- still do not  in any meaningful way. Most certainly had no opinion of the EU forming in the first place decades ago... and really live in bubbles. The media led them by the nose- just as much as the opposite end of the group.

On the other hand of the people I know that publically admitted to voting "Leave"  are mostly farmers, engineers, doctors, nurses, armed forces,designers ,tree surgeons, builders,  people in the financial industry SME owners.... people with a more critical bent- and sure some are older- and more experienced, and actually have seen the rise  and fall of the EU and remember life before it - not all- taking age out of it - in my experience the people I have met or known have rarely been racist, are quite well informed  and financially literate, generally are self employed - well travelled, hard working intelligent people with analytical minds.

Now- I know this is anecdotal - and me and the group of people  I know and have met/are a small sample group- on the other hand - I have been talking to people about Europe and the EU  for about 20 years now - and not just in the UK - my family are from  and live all over Europe-  and I spend a lot of time in many parts of Europe talking to many Europeans, and have seen and heard the consequences in many countries for BETTER and for WORSE- and that has been my experience to be frank- the young urban "educated" group of people you refer to are in my experience the EXACT group of people that only gave a damn about Europe when the Brexit media machine started... then they all had expert opinions.

However I also do know a lot of young, urban educated (and self educated) people who DID vote to LEAVE- because - in their opinion that is what they think is right...  

By  the way- all my family are from "Europe" from two countries that are as different to each other in many ways as you can get... nothing against Europe or Europeans - the exact opposite.

I just do not believe in the trade bloc- I think it is ill conceived,poorly structured,over bureaucratic,low on accomplishments, and shockingly financially inept and irresponsible and as a financial experiment, that I have watched unwind over the past 20 years - I think it is a failure. Financially  speaking the union is already dead in all but name- there is NO way the union can survive without MASSIVE debt restructuring and right offs and essentially making a joke of the "governance" that has poured from it the past decade.

Not 1 single person that I know that voted "Remain" could tell me the current monthly QE figure.... and that says it ALL ...both the fact  none knew the figure... but even more importantly..  the actual figure itself... and please remember the the EU is a financial trade bloc- not a club.

The young urban educated guys are very very fond of this financial bloc ..... for some reason... never known anything like it to be honest.

I love  the Pyrenees in the summer, I love my French friends, my Spanish father,  I love the lakes of Northern Italy, the Beer in Brugge,the Smoke and the people in Holland, the beauty of the Romanian forests, the design and  lifestyle of the Scandinavian countries... the laid back green of Ireland, where the rest of my family is from...  I mean I could go on and on and on... Europe and the diverse peoples and societies and customs and the food and myriad of landscapes   I LOVE IT!

BUT what I don't give a hoot about- a failed, and long time failing European trade bloc, that is bankrupt, and making decisions that frankly do not help the people of EUROPE...

Also please ask a  German or a Norwegian, or any of the fiscally restrained , tax paying countries if they are happy being in a trade block with their southern neighbours...

One final note on EU and on ignorance and our current times.

One thing that  is missing from the "young  urban and educated" demographic AND the media writ large, in a very clear and demonstrable way.... something far far more worrying in my opinion... and that is there was a VOTE ! an actual vote- and people voted, in a democracy and to the media and the "young urban educated" that voted to "Remain" that does not seem to mean fuck all.. apparently its uniformed, and uneducated and ignorant and people duped that voted LEAVE...   do you not see what is wrong with this picture?  

The "young educated and urban" should KNOW the value of free and fair elections and referendums - and whats more they should know enough to respect the outcome.. even if the media and the deep-state DON'T respect the outcomes of these processes.

Because one  day - it will be your wining vote that the deep state and media will seek to over turn and ignore and brand YOU the ignorant .

Then where will we be?

ps - K~Ehleyr  - What was that QE fiigure again?

pps-  Back on topic  for me -  I don't know why I waded into this TBH - I regret it already- frankly not the time nor the energy nor the inclination to go on about Europe any further.
shaggy404

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 10:43:27 AM

Waiting to break $3500 ......

aesma

fly or die

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 10:52:10 AM

I think Brexit was the wrong choice for many reasons, it's not about paradise vs hell though, it's just that many aspects of the EU, including letting people work anywhere and money flow everywhere, were in large part made because that was what the UK wanted, being the country that invented globalization. So now wanting out is illogical, and the UK will have to either make a deal that will not change things much, making a lot of people angry, or the UK will have to reinvent itself economically, which is easier said than done.

UK people like to moan about the common agriculture policy meaning money flows to my country (France), but who exactly was preventing the UK to have more agricultural production ? Answer is nobody. A small country half built on the sea called the Netherlands has managed to increase its agricultural production dramatically, for example.
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 11:01:33 AM

I think Brexit was the wrong choice for many reasons, it's not about paradise vs hell though, it's just that many aspects of the EU, including letting people work anywhere and money flow everywhere, were in large part made because that was what the UK wanted, being the country that invented globalization.

Really? How refusing migrant quotas forced by Bruxelles upon EU states can be a wrong choice?
Pages: « 1 ... 17385 17386 17387 17388 17389 17390 17391 17392 17393 17394 17395 17396 17397 17398 17399 17400 17401 17402 17403 17404 17405 17406 17407 17408 17409 17410 17411 17412 17413 17414 17415 17416 17417 17418 17419 17420 17421 17422 17423 17424 17425 17426 17427 17428 17429 17430 17431 17432 17433 17434 [17435] 17436 17437 17438 17439 17440 17441 17442 17443 17444 17445 17446 17447 17448 17449 17450 17451 17452 17453 17454 17455 17456 17457 17458 17459 17460 17461 17462 17463 17464 17465 17466 17467 17468 17469 17470 17471 17472 17473 17474 17475 17476 17477 17478 17479 17480 17481 17482 17483 17484 17485 ... 33304 »
  Print  

Jump to: