June 27, 2024, 07:47:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 18774 18775 18776 18777 18778 18779 18780 18781 18782 18783 18784 18785 18786 18787 18788 18789 18790 18791 18792 18793 18794 18795 18796 18797 18798 18799 18800 18801 18802 18803 18804 18805 18806 18807 18808 18809 18810 18811 18812 18813 18814 18815 18816 18817 18818 18819 18820 18821 18822 18823 [18824] 18825 18826 18827 18828 18829 18830 18831 18832 18833 18834 18835 18836 18837 18838 18839 18840 18841 18842 18843 18844 18845 18846 18847 18848 18849 18850 18851 18852 18853 18854 18855 18856 18857 18858 18859 18860 18861 18862 18863 18864 18865 18866 18867 18868 18869 18870 18871 18872 18873 18874 ... 33486 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26407487 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Rosewater Foundation

Activity: 392
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 04:49:27 AM

Hear ye, fair citizens...

What's crackin'?

FOLLOW THE ORANGE BRICK ROAD!

HODL HODL HODL HODL!

If ever there ever a wiz, there was, the mayor of corn was one because..
because because because because becauuuuussssee...
because of the wonderful shit he does

la la la la lal lala la
nikauforest

Activity: 298
Merit: 149

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 04:49:52 AM

Take a peek into the inner workings. Technical discussion on address format is strangely compelling.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2624630.0

Are addresses going to be longer because there is a concern they can be cracked with quantum computers within the next 10-20 years?  I think I read this somewhere.

I like how casascius (Mike Caldwell) jabbed Core fees!

"Neurotypical users will probably applaud having the transaction fees back under $1 before they give accolades for typo correction.  Core will lead the way in most efficient usage of pixels in a QR code, while economic forces make winners of the alt coins that don’t charge $30 in fees to do a simple transaction."
hurremshaikh295

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 04:50:01 AM

What's crackin'?

HODL HODL HODL HODL!

I'm better trading with the fluctation and then saving my winings on cold storage, is better .
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 10443

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 04:50:57 AM

Major alts are still at levels seen before their final pump so I still call it a correction. But a severe one.

On the scale of 5 years, this will just be a blip. The brave accumulate now. The broke (like me) HODL.

I mean you can HODL and ACCUMULATL, no?

Especially, if you shave a little off all the way up the ladder.

Let's say you own only 1 bitcoin.

Well you could sell .01 bitcoin every time the price goes up $1000, and then buy back approximately .01075 every time the price goes down $1000, and I bet in the end, you will ACCUMULATL more bitcoin and overall wealth, as long as you stick to such system or such approximation of a system. 

You will likely need to tweak such system a bit as you go along and to your own situation, and to your own success  (or mistakes), but if you stick with such a system variant, you will likely be better prepared for both UP movements in BTC prices and DOWN movements.
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 04:51:25 AM

Breaking 24777$ prediction game

11/02/2018 please (FEB 11 2018)
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 04:52:36 AM

Gosh - waking up with -25% BTC was one of the best things this year so far  Roll Eyes
I blame all this shit on buttfinex and coinbase  Angry

I was really thinking of getting all BTC's out of my cold wallet... but then decided to just get 20% out and play with the market.

The question is now dead cat or no dead cat?
Do i believe the deep learning AI - her forecast is a dead cat high of 16,2 k and then dump to 13.2 k ugh?

RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 04:54:31 AM

What's crackin'?

HODL HODL HODL HODL!

I'm better trading with the fluctation and then saving my winings on cold storage, is better .

Doesn't rhyme.
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 04:55:41 AM

Any particular reason why Arb bots are not buying BTC from finex and selling them on Bitstamp, Gdax and Gemini. Surely a spread of 5% plus that Finex had for quite some time would be worth it. I would think the arb bots would be bringing these markets closer together. What is Spoofy up to?  Huh

Bitfinex prices are not real USD but USDT, which is at this moment 2% over USD. That reduces 5% to 3% profit. Also Bitstamp doesn't do USDT. I think Gdax and Gemini neither.

That 3% is probably not worth arbitraging in a so volatile moment like this and Bitfinex adds too much third party risk over other exchanges (which also have some third party risk).

Lastly, you can only do that once if you have the funds already in both exchanges. After that, you need to transfer the funds, pay tx fee's, wait for only god knows how long until the exchange release the withdrawal and it gets enough confirmations on the receiving exchange.

So... in the end a theoretical 5% spread is not that much when all factors taken into consideration.

I thought the arb bots don't actually transfer coins via exchanges very often. I thought they have both assets on both exchanges and simply make the exchanges simultaneously on both exchanges. For example, I use my USDT on Bitfinex to buy BTC and at the exact same time sell some of my BTC on Bitstamp or Gdax. The only time that I would have to worry about transfers is if the supply of one of my assets is low on one of the exchanges. My understanding was that arb bots do not do"all in" trades, but many small trades, so they don't get stuck having to transfer assets too often.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 5142

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 04:57:01 AM

Take a peek into the inner workings. Technical discussion on address format is strangely compelling.

Are addresses going to be longer because there is a concern they can be cracked with quantum computers within the next 10-20 years?  I think I read this somewhere.

"Neurotypical users will probably applaud having the transaction fees back under $1 before they give accolades for typo correction.  Core will lead the way in most efficient usage of pixels in a QR code, while economic forces make winners of the alt coins that don’t charge $30 in fees to do a simple transaction."

Did you happen to also notice who he said would be interested in the lower fees?
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 04:59:00 AM

Any particular reason why Arb bots are not buying BTC from finex and selling them on Bitstamp, Gdax and Gemini. Surely a spread of 5% plus that Finex had for quite some time would be worth it. I would think the arb bots would be bringing these markets closer together. What is Spoofy up to?  Huh

Bitfinex prices are not real USD but USDT, which is at this moment 2% over USD. That reduces 5% to 3% profit. Also Bitstamp doesn't do USDT. I think Gdax and Gemini neither.

That 3% is probably not worth arbitraging in a so volatile moment like this and Bitfinex adds too much third party risk over other exchanges (which also have some third party risk).

Lastly, you can only do that once if you have the funds already in both exchanges. After that, you need to transfer the funds, pay tx fee's, wait for only god knows how long until the exchange release the withdrawal and it gets enough confirmations on the receiving exchange.

So... in the end a theoretical 5% spread is not that much when all factors taken into consideration.

I thought the arb bots don't actually transfer coins via exchanges very often. I thought they have both assets on both exchanges and simply make the exchanges simultaneously on both exchanges. For example, I use my USDT on Bitfinex to buy BTC and at the exact same time sell some of my BTC on Bitstamp or Gdax. The only time that I would have to worry about transfers is if the supply of one of my assets is low. My understanding was that arb bots do not do"all in" trades, but many small trades, so the don't get stuck having to transfer assets too often.

That only works if the exchanges keep swapping sides.  Normally one is permanently higher than the other.
criptix
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:01:25 AM

I thought the arb bots don't actually transfer coins via exchanges very often. I thought they have both assets on both exchanges and simply make the exchanges simultaneously on both exchanges. For example, I use my USDT on Bitfinex to buy BTC and at the exact same time sell some of my BTC on Bitstamp or Gdax. The only time that I would have to worry about transfers is if the supply of one of my assets is low. My understanding was that arb bots do not do"all in" trades, but many small trades, so the don't get stuck having to transfer assets too often.

That only works if the exchanges keep swapping sides.  Normally one is permanently higher than the other.

even if not - arbitrage means that you bring the price on several exchanges in a equilibrium --> in the process your fiat/btc amount will change on the exchanges thus you have to bring this into equilibrium too and withdraw fiat/btc.
Rosewater Foundation

Activity: 392
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:02:05 AM

Did you happen to also notice who he said would be interested in the lower fees?

But surely, the average deadweight mass of gelded cud-chewers don’t much care about decentralization. 

Ha! Cheesy
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 10443

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:02:28 AM

the silence of the lambos....

I don't know.

When prices broke above $10k, there was a lot of talk about lambos, and perhaps when the price reached $19k, we were talking about nearly 2 lambos, and now, we are talking about 1.5 lambos.   Not a whole hell-of-a lot of a difference, except perhaps trying to figure out what the fuck is a half of a lambo?
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:03:56 AM

Yes, they start with funds on both exchanges. They execute the trades... and now they have to transfer the funds the other way around.
They could only avoid that when there is also volatility on the spread, and can go +5% to -5%... so they just do the inverse trade... BUT that's usually not the case, and spread remains for a long time. Remember the usual +10 / +15% of Mtgox in its last months?

In fact, arbing is all the time hapenning in all exchanges. The spread you see is usually the point where they consider it is not worth for whatever reason (they are dedicated to that activity, so they must know better).
realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:04:01 AM
Last edit: December 23, 2017, 05:18:38 AM by realr0ach

I think the fact that years ago, everyone knows that solar energy requires massive amount of silver and yet silver failed to stage even a meaningful rally is quite bearish.

That has zero to do with it.  The US produces BARELY ANY silver at all.  They rigged the price of silver to both try and prop up the debt based scam dollar, plus it means the US pays nothing for all the silver it imports.  It also means nations like Mexico give away some of their most precious assets for nothing.  All that is now changing.

Many of these other nations they tried to impoverish on purpose started hoarding gold (like India and numerous arab states).  So now there is no real incentive for organizations like the Pilgrim society to prop up gold and suppress silver.  If anything, there's now more incentive to let silver rise and suppress gold.  None of the world powers want places like India to all become millionaires overnight.  That would just mean the other nations are their slaves, and why would anyone be a slave to India?  The fact India has lots of gold means the price of gold is capped at a certain point but silver can moonshot.

Fort Knox doesn't have the gold there either and JP Morgan has acquired an enormous amount of silver on behalf of the US govt as part of their plan B, C, D, E, F, G when the monetary system blows up; that and strategic reserve. So as you can see, silver is not going to be suppressed much longer since there's no real reason to.  When the metals sector breaks free, they aren't going to try and stop silver from ripping people's faces off.

Even China, which is on Silver Standard for a millennium and was one of the largest silver producer in the world (still is), doesn't care about silver.

There is a reason China now issues silver in the same acrylic, protective capsules as they do gold.  You just haven't seen why yet.

Silver as well as all precious metals have a long future of suppression at least until full blockchain adoption is in place. By then only the inner party will be able to use their blockchain money for pm purchases so everyone will be happy by default.
You will learn not to even want it eventually, particularly when there is absolutely no way to use your tokens to get it and everyone you know was born in the same system.

Haha.  The jews have far overplayed their hand and everyone knows it's them pushing for a cashless society slave system and all the other horrors they're behind. The more they push from here, the faster the rest of the planet will dispose of them for good.  They are the biggest paper tiger that has ever existed and will be shocked at how fast they're exterminated.

TERA2

Activity: 266
Merit: 222

Deb Rah Von Doom

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:09:13 AM

The amount that coinbase is above other exchanges keeps changing, and during crashes coinbase is lower.
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:10:03 AM

Yes, they start with funds on both exchanges. They execute the trades... and now they have to transfer the funds the other way around.
They could only avoid that when there is also volatility on the spread, and can go +5% to -5%... so they just do the inverse trade... BUT that's usually not the case, and spread remains for a long time. Remember the usual +10 / +15% of Mtgox in its last months?

In fact, arbing is all the time hapenning in all exchanges. The spread you see is usually the point where they consider it is not worth for whatever reason (they are dedicated to that activity, so they must know better).

I really wasn't around for Mt Gox. It was before my time. I was aware of BTC, because I mined it for charity with my GPU in 2013. But ASICs killed that project. In 2014, a BOINC project came up that allowed use of ASICS. I noticed the price of BTC kept going down during that time. I didn't decide to just try and mine for myself and play around with BTC and alts until November 2014.
arklan
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:19:20 AM

200+ coin sell on stamp. Some 3 million usd. Jesus.
TERA2

Activity: 266
Merit: 222

Deb Rah Von Doom

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:19:26 AM

It looks like it secretly might want to do one more to somewhere between $8K and $12K. There still wasn't enough volume.

I think you secretly want that to happen, not Bitcoin
Nope I spoke with Bitcoin and it definitely wants to be lower. It doesn't like this cherade of 'wall street' and winklevoss twins and feds and fiat - being another cog in the wheel. Government approval and stock markets were not in the whitepaper, nor were $40 fees. It wants to go back to the underground and then come back up as honey badger.
criptix
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:22:51 AM

200+ coin sell on stamp. Some 3 million usd. Jesus.

want me to dump more?  Tongue
Pages: « 1 ... 18774 18775 18776 18777 18778 18779 18780 18781 18782 18783 18784 18785 18786 18787 18788 18789 18790 18791 18792 18793 18794 18795 18796 18797 18798 18799 18800 18801 18802 18803 18804 18805 18806 18807 18808 18809 18810 18811 18812 18813 18814 18815 18816 18817 18818 18819 18820 18821 18822 18823 [18824] 18825 18826 18827 18828 18829 18830 18831 18832 18833 18834 18835 18836 18837 18838 18839 18840 18841 18842 18843 18844 18845 18846 18847 18848 18849 18850 18851 18852 18853 18854 18855 18856 18857 18858 18859 18860 18861 18862 18863 18864 18865 18866 18867 18868 18869 18870 18871 18872 18873 18874 ... 33486 »
  Print  

Jump to: