June 28, 2024, 03:06:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 18778 18779 18780 18781 18782 18783 18784 18785 18786 18787 18788 18789 18790 18791 18792 18793 18794 18795 18796 18797 18798 18799 18800 18801 18802 18803 18804 18805 18806 18807 18808 18809 18810 18811 18812 18813 18814 18815 18816 18817 18818 18819 18820 18821 18822 18823 18824 18825 18826 18827 [18828] 18829 18830 18831 18832 18833 18834 18835 18836 18837 18838 18839 18840 18841 18842 18843 18844 18845 18846 18847 18848 18849 18850 18851 18852 18853 18854 18855 18856 18857 18858 18859 18860 18861 18862 18863 18864 18865 18866 18867 18868 18869 18870 18871 18872 18873 18874 18875 18876 18877 18878 ... 33490 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26408084 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1116

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:31:39 AM

Stamp (target $14,900)

york780

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:31:44 AM

Morning folks. BTC doesnt care about all this FUD.
alexeft
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:35:33 AM

why you go up when i want to short you BTC

Bitcoin doesn't stand in your way to shorting it!!! You are free to do so!  Grin
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 08:49:10 AM

My concern is not that bcash will overtake bitcoin. It's that these attacks on bitcoin will undermine confidence in all cryptocurrency.
bcash is so fun

et tu, BAC. Cry

I'm sick of BCore Coin being unusable and people thinking it is fucking some future tech because they put $100 in Coinbase and now it is worth $1000.

BCore Coin fucking SUCKS at the moment regardless of whatever the price is.

I wouldn't buy Bitcoin Core right now if it was $100 a coin and I fucking love Buttcoins!
Heater

Activity: 403
Merit: 360

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:56:19 AM

Breaking 24777$ prediction game

02/03/2018 heater

go bitcoin go.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:00:11 AM

My concern is not that bcash will overtake bitcoin. It's that these attacks on bitcoin will undermine confidence in all cryptocurrency.
bcash is so fun

et tu, BAC. Cry

I'm sick of BCore Coin being unusable and people thinking it is fucking some future tech because they put $100 in Coinbase and now it is worth $1000.

I wouldn't buy Bitcoin Core right now if it was $100 a coin and I fucking love Buttcoins!

Obviously I'm sympathetic about the fees situation. But the fee market is working. I remember back when we were throwing bones we had to switch to alts. I wasn't happy about it, but you use the right tool for the job.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 09:06:17 AM

maybe bitcoin will not be able to economically and competitively process transactions under $1k.. so then bitcoin's value is going to have to be somewhere else, and perhaps for the larger and larger transactions.... maybe this will resolve itself, and maybe it will not... .. but don't fucking act as if this is some kind of purposeful thing that core developers have caused.  Roll Eyes

Bitcoin was meant to be used by everyday people for everyday things such as vending... I don't believe Satoshi would have wasted time talking about this if it wasn't in his imagination.

The current core developers seem to have absolutely lost sight of that... hell, you seem to have lost sight of that as well.

Right now, Bitcoin Core is the most expensive way to transfer money of any amount the more I think about it.

I can send a $10,000,000 USD money wire for $25 from my bank.

I can buy two $500 Vanilla visa cards for $4.95 each ($9.90 total.)

I can send $500 for free using Facebook.

ACH for a 25 cents (been a while since I checked ACH fees).

FFS, It's fucking cheaper to Western Union right now for god sakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why... would ANYONE use BCore Coin?  I can understand why people would buy BCore Coin (because you can get rich quick), but I can't understand why someone would use it with these absurd fees.

Using BCore Coin is like cashing your paycheck at a pawn shop when your bank is right across the street.

Obviously I'm sympathetic about the fees situation. But the fee market is working. I remember back when we were throwing bones we had to switch to alts. I wasn't happy about it, but you use the right tool for the job.

I would argue that the fee market is not working.

The way I see it if I had BAC Coin and BAC coin could handle 100 transactions per block.  If I'm the one mining the blocks and collecting the reward... what the fuck do I care what I spend if it causes everyone else to compete with me?

If I send 0 transactions... everyone else has to spend at least $0.01

If I send 100 transactions for $1 a pop... everyone else has to spend at least $1.01. *cha ching*

I'm going to get the transaction fees anyways, so of fucking course, I'm going to spam BAC Coin for year and years to come because it is GROSSLY profitable.

It doesn't seem like rocket science.
TERA2

Activity: 266
Merit: 222

Deb Rah Von Doom

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:07:18 AM

What if crypto is Skynet and we all die
alexeft
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:07:48 AM

I just saw the following ad on the forum:

-------------------------------------------------
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. Server-assisted clients like blockchain.info rely on centralized servers to do their network verification for them. Although the server can't steal the client's bitcoins directly, it can easily execute double-spending-style attacks against the client.
-------------------------------------------------

I wanted to note that even in the case of thin bitcoin clients, the final verfication is done by the network of nodes (full or pruned wallets), hence, no double spending is ultimately possible.

PS: Now we have FUD on ads! What's next!  Roll Eyes
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 09:08:20 AM

Better than spending $40 fucking dollars in fees to send $10 fucking dollars payments Tongue  Cool

Sorry if I sound super bitchy, but these fees are fucking destroying me at the moment.

I know a lot of y'all don't actually use Bitcoin outside of Coinbase, but for those of us that do... we are getting fucking murdered atm.   Angry Lips sealed Cry
404Revolution

Activity: 252
Merit: 107

Not Found

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:08:58 AM

Breaking 24777$ prediction game

Never
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:10:30 AM

I don’t even have to look at the charts. I can tell the price is going up by the growing panic in the trolls.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 10446

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:10:50 AM
Last edit: December 23, 2017, 09:29:18 AM by JayJuanGee

I also said my part too in regard to the problematic nature of the seeming structure of your orders.  I am not trying to be a dick, but I am trying to assist your retarded ass, without being patronizing and perhaps you have some kind of explanation that would allow your system to make sense, but having your buy and sell orders so close together seems a bit naive and impractical (or did I say retarded earlier?), and I am saying those things in a loving way.   Wink  - even though I am doing it in a public thread, rather than privately.

Look, fuckwad ( ::mwah!:: )

I am glad that we enjoy a mutual appreciation for otherwise off-putting terms of endearment.   Kiss

the way to maximize profits from volatility to to place your orders such that they are as close as you deem tolerable. Right?

I do think that works for bots, but I question whether it works so well for humans - even though in theory, you seem to be correct, that the more likely that your orders fill the more likely you are going to be profitable from the various reversals, and the more likely that you are going to have an order that is close to any time that there is a reversal.  Accordingly, the closer together your orders, the more statistically likely that you are going to maximize selling at the top and buying at the bottom without exactly predicting when that top or bottom is going to be.  I agree with that.  

Placed at $250 (good call by the way), I can profit off every $250 cycle. If they were placed at (e.g.) $1000, the price could (and frequently does) make a dozen or so $250 cycles within that $1000. Yielding me $3000*unit rather than $1000*unit (or whatever BTC, if taking profit on the BTC side). And 3 is more than 1. RIGHT?

Theoretically you are correct; however, it seems that I am making way more money with $850 to $1,000 increments than I was making with smaller increments, and I am spending a lot less time managing them, but yeah, they are not filling as frequently.

So, maybe my objection is more with the amount of time spent, rather than with the philosophy; however, one other point that I had noticed, is that when my increments are larger, I seem to end up leaving less money on the table when the price out runs me, because it seems that I can spend some of my freed up time to manage my system a bit better and to step back rather than constantly setting orders when they are at smaller increments.

And it really is not that burdensome. As I stated earlier, just check the other monitor every once in a while and enter an order or two when warranted.

Fair enough.  If you personally believe that you are not stressed about your time management, then so be it.  That is your decision.

That said, just two days ago, I pulled off the $125 increment plan, having fulfilled my cash infusion desires.

Well, it seems that you are moving in the right direction to double your increments, and maybe I have gone too far with $1,000.

I recall that I was still around $100 increments when the price was $2k to $4k, but I incrementally increased to $500 increments as the price approached $10k, and $700 when the price was in the $15k territory and approaching $1k as the price approached $20k.

so once I change my increments, I change them all the way down my buy back ladder under the assumption that if the price goes shooting down, it is going to shoot down and then back up in greater increments than it took when it was first pushing up.  Furthermore, when I reset my buy increments, I can figure out a way to make them more profitable and align them with my BTC accumulation goals.. while preserving the quantity of my fiat too, so that I make sure that i have enough to buy back to the point that I feel comfortable (whether that is preparing for a 50% correction or a 80% correction or some other variation).

OTOH, several weeks ago, I had not been trading at all. But of late, I decided I wanted to make a large purchase. Mission accomplished, I will indeed be scaling back. Gradually.

Seems like you go from one extreme to another, meaning from no trading to extreme trading, but I suppose if it is accomplishing your goals, then I cannot really criticize you for that.

Retarded my ass.

Hahahahahaa.. maybe retarded is relative, no?

Your explanation might have given your practice a bit more credence, and like I said, surely I could understand tighter increments if you have short term goals like you suggest or you want to learn, or  you are just getting started so you are building up your stackings of orders, so it is possible that I am presuming more about you than I should.  My presumption is that you have possibly accumulated a similar quantity of BTC as me, and you are in very decent BTC equity and you had been trading for a while - and you seem to be pointing out that you have been taking some breaks from trading and maybe some of my presumptions are  a bit off, which would cause your system to make a bit more sense, and perhaps not quite reach the level of "retarded."   Tongue   hahahahaha   Cheesy Cheesy
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:17:40 AM

Better than spending $40 fucking dollars in fees to send $10 fucking dollars payments Tongue  Cool

Sorry if I sound super bitchy, but these fees are fucking destroying me at the moment.

I know a lot of y'all don't actually use Bitcoin outside of Coinbase, but for those of us that do... we are getting fucking murdered atm.   Angry Lips sealed Cry

People are getting priced out of Bitcoin, fast. We both knew it would happen. Block space is a limited resource and it always will be. I think a robust fee market is good; I think malicious, goony miners spamming up the works is shitty. But it is what it is, for now.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:18:49 AM

bcash is so fun

et tu, BAC. Cry

There is no such thing as bcore, even though I know that you are trying to derogatorily refer to bitcoin in a way that is equivalent to the way that the world refers to Bcash.

Why don't you divest yourself from bitcoin, if that is what you are wanting to do, or perhaps just own a small part of bitcoin, and then put the rest of your efforts into bcash, if you think that bcash is some kind of superior coin that you want to shill in this bitcoin thread.

So go off to your own lillie forums rather than complaining and exaggerating nonsense about bitcoin including attempting to try to suggest that bitcoin is broken or will not overcome some of the current attacks upon it in the coming years and with increasing developing and network effects that are likely to be inevitably beneficial to bitcoin.. and sure a lot of the alts are going to profit from this too... because if bitcoin succeeds, then likely a lot of alts, ICOs, and bitcoin attack forks are also going to have some platform and some ability to profit as well from such a lucrative growth oriented environment.

so, go go go.. bugger off, BayAreaCoins.  Roll Eyes
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:24:08 AM

maybe bitcoin will not be able to economically and competitively process transactions under $1k.. so then bitcoin's value is going to have to be somewhere else, and perhaps for the larger and larger transactions.... maybe this will resolve itself, and maybe it will not... .. but don't fucking act as if this is some kind of purposeful thing that core developers have caused.  Roll Eyes

Bitcoin was meant to be used by everyday people for everyday things such as vending... I don't believe Satoshi would have wasted time talking about this if it wasn't in his imagination.

The current core developers seem to have absolutely lost sight of that... hell, you seem to have lost sight of that as well.

Right now, Bitcoin Core is the most expensive way to transfer money of any amount the more I think about it.

I can send a $10,000,000 USD money wire for $25 from my bank.

I can buy two $500 Vanilla visa cards for $4.95 each ($9.90 total.)

I can send $500 for free using Facebook.

ACH for a 25 cents (been a while since I checked ACH fees).

FFS, It's fucking cheaper to Western Union right now for god sakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why... would ANYONE use BCore Coin?  I can understand why people would buy BCore Coin (because you can get rich quick), but I can't understand why someone would use it with these absurd fees.

Using BCore Coin is like cashing your paycheck at a pawn shop when your bank is right across the street.

Get the fuck out of here with your "bitcoin was meant to be" language.  Either you like it or you don't.  Either you invest in it or you don't. 

If you like some other coin, then go the fuck and invest in those coins... Bye bye... adios.

There are a lot of things that bitcoin is, and there are a lot of things that are in development.  Accordingly, we know that bitcoin is not currently in any kind of locked state.  So anyone can decide whether to buy bitcoin or to sell it, and it seems to me that we have a decent chance of returning to ATHs before the end of this calendar year or soon thereafter, so in spite of your various proclamations regarding what bitcoin should be or should have been, the market is likely going to continue to vote in favor of its current value and future value and the price will likely continue to rise because of these ongoing and persistent buying pressures.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:25:08 AM

What if ::::

NOT
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:25:38 AM

Bitcoin has made the needed correction and is ready for the new ATH. Beecashers and bigblocktards can't do anything to stop it. Bitcoin simply doesn't care.

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 09:27:49 AM

bcash is so fun

et tu, BAC. Cry

There is no such thing as bcore, even though I know that you are trying to derogatorily refer to bitcoin in a way that is equivalent to the way that the world refers to Bcash.

Why don't you divest yourself from bitcoin, if that is what you are wanting to do, or perhaps just own a small part of bitcoin, and then put the rest of your efforts into bcash, if you think that bcash is some kind of superior coin that you want to shill in this bitcoin thread.

So go off to your own lillie forums rather than complaining and exaggerating nonsense about bitcoin including attempting to try to suggest that bitcoin is broken or will not overcome some of the current attacks upon it in the coming years and with increasing developing and network effects that are likely to be inevitably beneficial to bitcoin.. and sure a lot of the alts are going to profit from this too... because if bitcoin succeeds, then likely a lot of alts, ICOs, and bitcoin attack forks are also going to have some platform and some ability to profit as well from such a lucrative growth oriented environment.

so, go go go.. bugger off, BayAreaCoins.  Roll Eyes

I'm here to stay... thanks though.

There absolutely is such thing as BCore and I couldn't give two shits about BCash... we are actively liquidating BCash for BCore using FreeBitcoins.com, but this is getting more and more difficult as BCore fees get worse and worse by the day.

What am I exaggerating? Because the numbers I'm posting are real numbers that anyone can check...

The shit you are throwing out there is 60% horse shit, 30% pipe dreams and 10% garbage.  Basically, all I've heard you say is "We are getting spammed... there is nothing we can do about it.  I know Bitcoin is worthless right now, but maybe we find a niche for our $40 fees."
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:33:09 AM

Hey Bayarea - you would do well to spend less time typing and more time closing your shorts before you get rekt. 
Pages: « 1 ... 18778 18779 18780 18781 18782 18783 18784 18785 18786 18787 18788 18789 18790 18791 18792 18793 18794 18795 18796 18797 18798 18799 18800 18801 18802 18803 18804 18805 18806 18807 18808 18809 18810 18811 18812 18813 18814 18815 18816 18817 18818 18819 18820 18821 18822 18823 18824 18825 18826 18827 [18828] 18829 18830 18831 18832 18833 18834 18835 18836 18837 18838 18839 18840 18841 18842 18843 18844 18845 18846 18847 18848 18849 18850 18851 18852 18853 18854 18855 18856 18857 18858 18859 18860 18861 18862 18863 18864 18865 18866 18867 18868 18869 18870 18871 18872 18873 18874 18875 18876 18877 18878 ... 33490 »
  Print  

Jump to: