May 10, 2024, 05:42:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 4071 4072 4073 4074 4075 4076 4077 4078 4079 4080 4081 4082 4083 4084 4085 4086 4087 4088 4089 4090 4091 4092 4093 4094 4095 4096 4097 4098 4099 4100 4101 4102 4103 4104 4105 4106 4107 4108 4109 4110 4111 4112 4113 4114 4115 4116 4117 4118 4119 4120 [4121] 4122 4123 4124 4125 4126 4127 4128 4129 4130 4131 4132 4133 4134 4135 4136 4137 4138 4139 4140 4141 4142 4143 4144 4145 4146 4147 4148 4149 4150 4151 4152 4153 4154 4155 4156 4157 4158 4159 4160 4161 4162 4163 4164 4165 4166 4167 4168 4169 4170 4171 ... 33337 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26381107 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:14:03 PM

Ah, distinctly I remember; it was in the bleak December,
And each dipping streak of ember brought the price through the floor;
And the sick and sad uncertain trending of that crimson curtain
Thrilled me - filled me with fantastic terrors never felt before.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KeyserSoze

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:35:32 PM

I am not trading from these charts anyway , I am a fundamentals guy...
A fundamentals guy. Got it. This must be why you're defensive about charts you took such effort to create. I may be in the market for bone divination if you accept Bitcoin.

SO the price was stuck there $817 for around 12 hours (now almost 24 hours)
Except the Bitchslap price *hasn't* been stuck at 817 for 24 hours. It hasn't been anywhere near stuck at any price except during their maintenance period. You'd have been better off telling me it would be stuck at 824.4 during maintenance, but you couldn't even guess that correctly even though they announced the maintenance ahead of time. Unfortunately not only can't you tell the future but you seem to have trouble faking it even when given a leg up. But don't feel bad, no human can see the future with better odds than luck provides.

Added to that I have stated yesterday that we a trading sideways at around $820-$ 825
I thought we were stuck at 817?

Added to that I have stated yesterday that we a trading sideways at around $820-$ 825, I also stated that I see us going up form here , but that there are downside supports, and I have stated the levels going in both directions that I see resistance and psychological resistance and support...
Careful, you're heading toward intellectual honesty. "It could go up, down or sideways."

I am basing the figures on FIBBONANCI RETRACEMENTS VOODOO (a form of TA that I did not invent by the way)
FTFY

and I say that this is only valid if the breakout occurs now, or within the next few weeks.
So you'd like a month for your fortune telling to come to fruition? That's some mad solid skillz you gotz. I would think if you're so into fundamentals plus TA you might be able to narrow the time frame down to some specific times and dates. Silly me.

So basically  I posted a scenario and so far it  as played out...
Except it didn't. You've deluded yourself into thinking it did. Are you sure you don't believe in this stuff as you claim? You're just posting it for fun, right? You're a fundamentals guy, right?

the "magic price"  could have traded to ANYTHING in the last 24 hours but it has not.
The price, which is anything but magical, did trade at various price in the last 24 hours. If you can tell the future you should be able to help Bitcoinity out by providing them with all their charts into next year.

What I was trying to point out is there MAY be some resistance points around fib retracement lines.... so I posted the retracement lines, and their pivot points...  out of interest…  on this price movement and speculation thread..
What's happening here is that you're human and you think you saw some pattern in the chaos. The intellectual side of you understands it is bullshit, but yet, you saw a pattern and being intellectually curious want to understand why. So you learn a little about TA fortune telling and it seems to make some sense, strengthening the bias toward the patterns you see. Now you see even MORE patterns: confirmation bias.

In an effort to gain some confidence and seek approval from peers you posted your confirmed nonsense "just for fun". A bit concerned about posting your brave new astrology TA discoveries, you were sure to tell us up front you're just kidding around, you still believe in "fundamentals." Yet you vigorously defend your star price data even though it is plainly vague and downright wrong approximately 50% of the time. I guess I should say 66% since the price can always go up, down or sideway, making any guess @33% correct.

I have used in the PM market to sucess myelf (sometimes)
And many times not, though I'm sure you don't count the losses.

and seen it used  a lot by old timer traders that have been in the game trading for 30/40 years
If these old timers knew the future why have they been trading for an entire career only to retire with less money than Bill Gates? Surely if their voodoo worked they would all be the wealthiest people on the planet solely from trading precognition. They could publish their precognition rules and any human would be able to follow these rules and become the wealthiest people on the planet. Strangely this hasn't happened.

I can just go back to posting pictures of flying trains... choo choo, my kid likes it when I make the noise.. oh how he loves it,  maybe I shall get him to post (he would probably be as accurate as most here, myself included ; )
As annoying as that all can be at least it has the honesty of emotion, hopes, dreams, without trying to call it "science" which is what TA proposes (always with a hedge of course). The hedge is necessary because it's all horse pucks. Go ahead, give us another "channel" that might go up, down or sideway within a few weeks.

it was as I say a bit of fun, and I just wanted to use them buzzwords I think.
I haven't even seen you post a lot of this TA gibberish, I've just been watching many folks post this nonsense for so long and you happened to catch me at a bad time I guess. I've watched America be mired in superstition for so long, I just feel like enough is enough even in this international forum. Anyway, onward with your TA and buzzword usage, or CCMF and all that. I'll leave you alone now.
KeyserSoze

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:37:49 PM

you should not stick your cigar into the same opening where you poured the water in.

This is practical dating advice as well.
shmadz
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

@theshmadz

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:39:23 PM

Beauty.
bangersdad

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:50:30 PM

You do intrigue my Jorge - not only do you seem to do more analysis on bitcoin than most - you also find the inspiration to use some Poe in the first line of your verse  - and yet you still state you only have an academic interest in bitcoin...i think really you are as much of a bitcoin junkie as the rest of us here, either that or there is very little to do for entertainment where you live.
spike420211

Activity: 1610
Merit: 372

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:55:05 PM

My 1st Bitcoin purchase!

Wish some of my debit card transactions went this EZ!

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:59:51 PM

My 1st Bitcoin purchase!

Would it of been that easy if you had to purchase the Bitcoins first?
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:02:46 PM

Explanation
empowering
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1441

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:07:38 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2014, 09:46:25 PM by empowering

No argument for me..I am expecting up as I say... just noting that the $817 level I pointed out yesterday as being a potential resistance/pivot/support  level has indeed done so for the past 12 hours baring minor dips out but not out of the channels...  I am going to continue to track the pivots and levels I have posted and see how they continue to play out... as a bit o fun

LOL... u guessed 20 numbers between 725-991, added "-ish" to those numbers, called this a "channel" and now claim victory that the price hovered around one of your "-ish" guesses for 3 hours. On top of that you said "i expect it to go up but it could go sideways and here are some lower prices in case it falls."

Quick, sign me up for your newsletter, Nostradamus. Care to give us another $250 range guess in quatrain?

Oh dear , I am sorry
Thicker skin please.  Welcome to the internet.

I will continue to see if the pivots and SP/RS levels get hit and maybe post a highly condensed 1 line update or something as they either do or do not get hit

Very cool, thanks for sharing. Always appreciate concise TA.  I used to do programming for William O'Neil in the 90's for the institutional investor products so have a long interest in TA, though fundamentals (and news) rule when they are present.  
And remember that on the internet the 1000 that will agree with you will silently nod and say nothing, and the 10 that don't will comment.

and  Wow! sounds like that would have been a pretty interesting gig.. I imagine you picked up some pretty useful info there.. O'Neil is a bit of a legend huh.

I do like TA as useless as it is sometimes, but I have seen some great traders in the past using TA trading and making calls in PM's using all sorts of tools and lagging indicators etc but the traders that have caught my attention or maybe my imagination I have seen using momentum and old Gann indicators & Andrews pitchforks, mixed with Fib levels  but also the really good ones mixed that in with newses and fundamentals and a deep market knowledge mixed with an understanding of the institutional mechanisms in play,with the daily price fixes etc, that and an understanding of the supply and demand coupled with an analysis of inventory /futures markets etc and combine they that with TA to mostly great effect..in entering and exiting the market, the only thing there though is of course the manipulation and suppression and raids that occur in PM's, but I have even seen some of those raids be called in advance before..  really is quite something, and then add on top of that what you guys can do with your magic.

I am curious to see how the world of TA continues to develop around BTC.

Agreed... newses/fundamentals rules! and I am Bullish on those fronts.

cdooer

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:07:44 PM

My 1st Bitcoin purchase!

Obviously not, but it wouldn't be any different than if he had to sign up for a credit card first, would it? Or get a Paypal account first, would it?
JorgeStolfi

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:14:04 PM

you also find the inspiration to use some Poe in the first line of your verse
The rest is from Poe, too (almost).  Smiley

and yet you still state you only have an academic interest in bitcoin...i think really you are as much of a bitcoin junkie as the rest of us here,
I am obssessively interested, admitted, but it is only one of many obsessions I had through life.  Two years ago it was Fukushima, for instance.  There were also the Voynich manuscript, Wikipedia, Wikimapia, and other more technical ones...

An obsessive personality is almost basic requirement in academia, actually.  In any field of research, if you are not obsessed with your subject you have little chance of discovering new things; and if you don't, you don't publish, and you don't get promoted...

either that or there is very little to do for entertainment where you live.
Campinas is sort of like like Finland in winter, without the winter. "Entertainment" is four shopping malls with some 40 movie theaters that may show almost five different movies at the same time...
spike420211

Activity: 1610
Merit: 372

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:22:06 PM

Woulda taken hella longer now.
My gut feeling is that will change over time.
Typically 4 me, fiat transfer, from check or electonic deposit [I'm on SSI, have used both] to available account funds, is 1-2 business days.
Cash xfer to usable Bitcoin, about 4-5 business days [unsure of e-transfer yet, such as Western Union or Paypal, I'll try it later this year]

Fiat has stayed the same time frame for 2 decades+.
There IS room for improvement for BTC... but I see it evolving into same-day [or max, <1 business day] xfers,
and as instantaneous as EBT/debit cards.

Even when mined to full maturity, the fee savings for sellers, v. debit/credit cards, is enormous.

Keep in mind that MasterCard, Visa, Discover, etc. have built HUGE MULTI-NATIONAL companies
on those fees,
not to mention the loan-shark interest they're allowed to gouge unsuspecting
consumers with [thanks to influential Congressional lobbying].

I give it 5 years.
Do you REALLY think they'll be able to replace Petrodollars w/ yuan, yen, rubles, gold, or silver?
nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:35:52 PM

Forum readers know the feeling - your posts narcissistic, bloated, trite.
But nothing fearsome lurks inside them - they fester boredom, nothing more.
First a hero, fighting scammers, then the error bars not tight.
Your terrors prescient, your fate cemented - eternal night in my "ignore".

billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 04:43:22 PM

That's good!
empowering
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1441

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:43:58 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2014, 05:49:34 PM by empowering

I am not trading from these charts anyway , I am a fundamentals guy...
A fundamentals guy. Got it. This must be why you're defensive about charts you took such effort to create. I may be in the market for bone divination if you accept Bitcoin.

SO the price was stuck there $817 for around 12 hours (now almost 24 hours)
Except the Bitchslap price *hasn't* been stuck at 817 for 24 hours. It hasn't been anywhere near stuck at any price except during their maintenance period. You'd have been better off telling me it would be stuck at 824.4 during maintenance, but you couldn't even guess that correctly even though they announced the maintenance ahead of time. Unfortunately not only can't you tell the future but you seem to have trouble faking it even when given a leg up. But don't feel bad, no human can see the future with better odds than luck provides.

Added to that I have stated yesterday that we a trading sideways at around $820-$ 825
I thought we were stuck at 817?

Added to that I have stated yesterday that we a trading sideways at around $820-$ 825, I also stated that I see us going up form here , but that there are downside supports, and I have stated the levels going in both directions that I see resistance and psychological resistance and support...
Careful, you're heading toward intellectual honesty. "It could go up, down or sideways."

I am basing the figures on FIBBONANCI RETRACEMENTS VOODOO (a form of TA that I did not invent by the way)
FTFY

and I say that this is only valid if the breakout occurs now, or within the next few weeks.
So you'd like a month for your fortune telling to come to fruition? That's some mad solid skillz you gotz. I would think if you're so into fundamentals plus TA you might be able to narrow the time frame down to some specific times and dates. Silly me.

So basically  I posted a scenario and so far it  as played out...
Except it didn't. You've deluded yourself into thinking it did. Are you sure you don't believe in this stuff as you claim? You're just posting it for fun, right? You're a fundamentals guy, right?

the "magic price"  could have traded to ANYTHING in the last 24 hours but it has not.
The price, which is anything but magical, did trade at various price in the last 24 hours. If you can tell the future you should be able to help Bitcoinity out by providing them with all their charts into next year.

What I was trying to point out is there MAY be some resistance points around fib retracement lines.... so I posted the retracement lines, and their pivot points...  out of interest…  on this price movement and speculation thread..
What's happening here is that you're human and you think you saw some pattern in the chaos. The intellectual side of you understands it is bullshit, but yet, you saw a pattern and being intellectually curious want to understand why. So you learn a little about TA fortune telling and it seems to make some sense, strengthening the bias toward the patterns you see. Now you see even MORE patterns: confirmation bias.

In an effort to gain some confidence and seek approval from peers you posted your confirmed nonsense "just for fun". A bit concerned about posting your brave new astrology TA discoveries, you were sure to tell us up front you're just kidding around, you still believe in "fundamentals." Yet you vigorously defend your star price data even though it is plainly vague and downright wrong approximately 50% of the time. I guess I should say 66% since the price can always go up, down or sideway, making any guess @33% correct.

I have used in the PM market to sucess myelf (sometimes)
And many times not, though I'm sure you don't count the losses.

and seen it used  a lot by old timer traders that have been in the game trading for 30/40 years
If these old timers knew the future why have they been trading for an entire career only to retire with less money than Bill Gates? Surely if their voodoo worked they would all be the wealthiest people on the planet solely from trading precognition. They could publish their precognition rules and any human would be able to follow these rules and become the wealthiest people on the planet. Strangely this hasn't happened.

I can just go back to posting pictures of flying trains... choo choo, my kid likes it when I make the noise.. oh how he loves it,  maybe I shall get him to post (he would probably be as accurate as most here, myself included ; )
As annoying as that all can be at least it has the honesty of emotion, hopes, dreams, without trying to call it "science" which is what TA proposes (always with a hedge of course). The hedge is necessary because it's all horse pucks. Go ahead, give us another "channel" that might go up, down or sideway within a few weeks.

it was as I say a bit of fun, and I just wanted to use them buzzwords I think.
I haven't even seen you post a lot of this TA gibberish, I've just been watching many folks post this nonsense for so long and you happened to catch me at a bad time I guess. I've watched America be mired in superstition for so long, I just feel like enough is enough even in this international forum. Anyway, onward with your TA and buzzword usage, or CCMF and all that. I'll leave you alone now.

Jeez... ok you are entitled to your opinion : )  

I said that we are waiting for breakout, or I am anyway , and on the downside from a starting point of $825  I gave the next support level of $817 - before it got there... and then  I stated if you read, that the resistance level above it was $825, and that the next support below it was $800.  If you actually look at the chart, using say the 2hr or the 30min or the 4 hr even on Bitstamp and you can clearly see it has pivoted on and around $817 for considerable amount of time now. Draw a liine at 817 and note the open and close dotted along $817 for the past 24 hours, that $817 was a Fib retracement from the last ATH..  

See it or not, that is up to you... it was only a curiosity as I had wondered before it occured if it could be a sticking point, like I have also said, I am not even trying to sell anyone on any form of science, other than, even if it is just because other traders DO use it, then it is a tradable tool? IF it works, and the only way to see if it works in cryptos as it often does in PM's it to look at it

Also actually there is NO indicator that works all of the time, and if there was there would not, could not be a market as we know it...
and the key word here is indicator, it is a tool is all, and if you believe in it, or think others belive in it, it could help give some insight into price movements..

Alo you know if you look and read my posts, I think you should be able to see I am not calling this a science and claiming 100% and that it is going to happen, not even 50%  I just made an observation, and actually, you at this point saying it is bs , well yeah it probably is, as I have myself said, but ermm so far it has actually pivoted around $817 , draw a line on a 1hr or 30 min Bitstamp graph around $817 and zoom in and scroll back through the actual price action for past 24 hours,  and you should see the bars straddling touching and flitting either side of $817 , and if there is a break out of within $3 it seems to attempt to break $825 and does not, and if it falls it make like it might dip out past $810 and not $800 but it does not...  so it has traded within the $825 RS level  stayed mainly around the $817 pivor level and not broken the $800 SP level,  that I stated were possible  and it has done so for the past 24hrs... not amazing, not shabby, and at this point does not mean much....so basically give me a break, or don't it really does not matter.

And yeah I am a fundamentals guy- take me for my word or do not up to you... but I am, I have an interest in TA but I think especially with BTC that fundamentals and news and the tech are key. I am certainly not trying to BS anyone of convince you of anything... like I said
I did not invent fib retracements, nor was I the guy that spotted the golden ratio or phi, so sorry if I come across as anything other than
an enthusiastic poster..

I posted my "predictions/scenario" for fun as I stated- and I am sure you can have a really good laugh, when we do not hit any of the  next potential  RS/SP and pivot points,  they are pretty specific so it is most likely you will get your laughs... so enjoy.. I respect your opinion and your right to one and laughter is good for the soul.  

Edit
ps I have already given the channels and pivot points I see it possibly going to over the next few weeks, thats what the rest of the numbers and pivot points are.

JorgeStolfi

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:50:59 PM

Campinas is sort of like like Finland in winter, without the winter. "Entertainment" is four shopping malls
Just because I wrote that... A foot-long lizard came into our living room, scared the hell out little doge doggy.  We shooed him out. (Doesn't seem to be a native species, may be some neighbor's escaped pet.)

But proves nothing, it surely could have happened in Finland too, with a reindeer or something.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:02:45 PM

Explanation
macsga
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:14:37 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/overstock-ceo-holds-millions-bitcoin/
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 06:02:29 PM

Explanation
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2121

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 06:58:57 PM

It could be. I can get bitcoins by simply initiating a bank transfer. Speedybitcoins.com (no affiliation) sees the transfer, buys some bitcoins and deposits them in my wallet. There is a fee, of course but for my purposes, I don't consider it too onerous.

If I had to buy more, I'd use localbitcoins.com or visit one of the boards here dedicated to doing so (how I got my first bitcoins).
Pages: « 1 ... 4071 4072 4073 4074 4075 4076 4077 4078 4079 4080 4081 4082 4083 4084 4085 4086 4087 4088 4089 4090 4091 4092 4093 4094 4095 4096 4097 4098 4099 4100 4101 4102 4103 4104 4105 4106 4107 4108 4109 4110 4111 4112 4113 4114 4115 4116 4117 4118 4119 4120 [4121] 4122 4123 4124 4125 4126 4127 4128 4129 4130 4131 4132 4133 4134 4135 4136 4137 4138 4139 4140 4141 4142 4143 4144 4145 4146 4147 4148 4149 4150 4151 4152 4153 4154 4155 4156 4157 4158 4159 4160 4161 4162 4163 4164 4165 4166 4167 4168 4169 4170 4171 ... 33337 »
  Print  

Jump to: