May 02, 2024, 11:10:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 26572 26573 26574 26575 26576 26577 26578 26579 26580 26581 26582 26583 26584 26585 26586 26587 26588 26589 26590 26591 26592 26593 26594 26595 26596 26597 26598 26599 26600 26601 26602 26603 26604 26605 26606 26607 26608 26609 26610 26611 26612 26613 26614 26615 26616 26617 26618 26619 26620 26621 [26622] 26623 26624 26625 26626 26627 26628 26629 26630 26631 26632 26633 26634 26635 26636 26637 26638 26639 26640 26641 26642 26643 26644 26645 26646 26647 26648 26649 26650 26651 26652 26653 26654 26655 26656 26657 26658 26659 26660 26661 26662 26663 26664 26665 26666 26667 26668 26669 26670 26671 26672 ... 33316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26371109 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 01:31:37 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

We might have a little bit of different ideas about masks, and I don't really consider them to be necessary when outdoors (especially if no one is around) or if you are in your car by yourself, so I have seen people wearing masks in those circumstances, and just seems to be overkill to me, but of course a personal choice, and great that they have masks, and  I understand that if someone just gets used to wearing a mask a lot of the time, then maybe they will fidget around less with it.

lotta cars have HEPA filters on the fresh air (cowl) intakes now. unsure what the rating is though.

check the manuals for your wheels.

and of course you need to know how to set the hvac controls correctly, including allowing for exhaust direction due to windows being open etc. rtfm dyor

maybe they are not enough, unsure but hey look it up for your make and model.
Personally I'm not worried in my car or outdoors in general. Studies show this thing is mainly spread by closer contact so I gear up when going into a building or talk to a person closer than 6 feet (say like yesterday at the dump). No sense wasting the filters, and even though the respirator is really comfortable it's annoying to wear constantly (they are however designed for workers to spend 8 hours around asbestos/lead dust, so they are pretty nice)

Teslas have a NBC mode where the outside air is filtered then pumped into the cabin under positive pressure to keep cracks and seal leaks to a minimum. That to me is a bit much, and it can take a *month* to charge a Tesla from a 1kw solar array.

One big advantage of this virus over nuclear is that leaving the mask in the sun will kill the virus particles accumulated in the filters. This is a good thing.

Meantime, this is funny:

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 01:40:11 PM

A while back I had Cannelloni for the first time in my life, I saw it in the ready foods section and thought I would try it out.
Big disappointment, it tasted exactly like lasagna, I could just as well have bought that.
I think I have figured Italian food out, they only have one dish but they serve it a little bit differently and give it a new name.
Ground meat with tomato sauce between pasta sheets and some cheese sprinkled on top = lasagna
Ground meat with tomato sauce between rolled up pasta sheets and some cheese sprinkled on top = cannelloni
Ground meat with tomato sauce in a heap of shredded pasta sheets with some cheese sprinkled on top = spaghetti
Ground meat with tomato sauce on a flat piece of almost pasta and some cheese sprinkled on top = Pizza
and so on.
I'm not trying any more versions of Italian food ever again.
dre1982

Activity: 770
Merit: 284

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 01:43:25 PM

A while back I had Cannelloni for the first time in my life, I saw it in the ready foods section and thought I would try it out.
Big disappointment, it tasted exactly like lasagna, I could just as well have bought that.
I think I have figured Italian food out, they only have one dish but they serve it a little bit differently and give it a new name.
Ground meat with tomato sauce between pasta sheets and some cheese sprinkled on top = lasagna
Ground meat with tomato sauce between rolled up pasta sheets and some cheese sprinkled on top = cannelloni
Ground meat with tomato sauce in a heap of shredded pasta sheets with some cheese sprinkled on top = spaghetti
Ground meat with tomato sauce on a flat piece of almost pasta and some cheese sprinkled on top = Pizza
and so on.

You're totally right.  Grin Grin

But the best way to eat tomato's and cheese is on the flat piece of almost paste  Cool
Room101

Activity: 541
Merit: 362

Rules not Rulers

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 01:44:22 PM
Merited by JimboToronto (1), HairyMaclairy (1)

Brazils President. A well armed people can't be enslaved by tyrants.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1264263778620911616

thats a simple statement, while almost all simple statements turn out to be false.
Brazil got quite a number of gunshot kills per 100.000 nationals.
Too low for Nutsonaro?

Gunshot kills made by criminals to unarmed citizens who can't defend themselves, That's what he is changing.
If you know that you might get shot yourself if you shoot someone, you just might think twice before you shoot.
If good people have guns, bad people will hesitate to shoot them = fewer gun kills, how is that so hard for the stupid left to understand.

hmmmm

The facts and data don't really back that up at all though do they.
I've lived in the USA, and I've lived in Australia. Much, much, much less chance of being shot in Australia. That's a cold hard fact, no matter what you want to believe.

There is a decent argument to made about the enslaved by tyrants thing. Maybe a lot more gun deaths are worth that. But arguing from a "safer with more guns" perspective is not backed by anything except your feelings.

The problem I saw whilst living in the USA, was the people most likely to want a gun, were the people the least likely to have the mental or emotional ability to handle said gun responsibly. I completed a few courses, enough for concealed carry, and the majority of people in my courses couldn't hit a barn from 10 feet. Like not just bad, but fucking terrible. Knowing they owned guns was way more scary than a theoretical "bad guy"
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 01:46:51 PM

Well, perhaps the guy was driving from the hospital and just didn't want to remove the mask with his hands before washing them? Or he's some "essential worker"?  Cool

Reasonable. My personal process is to open car door, remove mask with glove on (I wear one glove, it's for the "dirty" hand, my "clean" hand stays in my pocket), toss mask in back, remove glove inside out, toss glove in back, get in. That way I am not blowing virus particles around inside the car and the car itself is "clean".

Subjective, but gotta have some rituals. :-) N95 masks are positive vent, right? (ie when you exhale it goes out a one-way valve)
psycodad
Legendary

Activity: 1604
Merit: 1564

精神分析的爸

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 01:51:57 PM

and so on.

You know, the difference might actually be between ready food and freshly prepared food as I think convenience food tastes all the same (like sh*t) no matter what country it tries to pretend to be from.

Get yourself some recipes from Italy for example for a bolognese, fresh made pizza (yeah, you're gonna make your own dough in a few minutes and your own tomato sauce too) or simply penne all'arrabbiata. It's actually quicker to make a good pizza all yourself than driving 5min to the supermarket to buy a frozen convenience one.

On a different note: Didn't you lose your taste recently to Corona? Maybe try a shot of vinegar and see if it tastes like Lasagne too, just to make sure  Grin *

* Just kidding, further quick recovery to you
fillippone
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 15448

Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2020, 02:05:15 PM

and so on.
Dear Lord, I leave the WO thread for a day or two and this is literally the first post I bump into.

You are right, ready foods taste all the same. But you houldn't extrapolate on all italian food, as @psychodad tried to explain to you.
Once you are having your taste back from Corona, please be my guest in your next trip to Italy.

Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 02:08:28 PM

thats a simple statement, while almost all simple statements turn out to be false.
Too low for Nutsonaro?

Gunshot kills made by criminals to unarmed citizens who can't defend themselves, That's what he is changing.
If you know that you might get shot yourself if you shoot someone, you just might think twice before you shoot.
If good people have guns, bad people will hesitate to shoot them = fewer gun kills, how is that so hard for the stupid left to understand.

hmmmm

I've lived in the USA, and I've lived in Australia. Much, much, much less chance of being shot in Australia. That's a cold hard fact, no matter what you want to believe.

There is a decent argument to made about the enslaved by tyrants thing. Maybe a lot more gun deaths are worth that. But arguing from a "safer with more guns" perspective is not backed by anything except your feelings.

The problem I saw whilst living in the USA, was the people most likely to want a gun, were the people the least likely to have the mental or emotional ability to handle said gun responsibly. I completed a few courses, enough for concealed carry, and the majority of people in my courses couldn't hit a barn from 10 feet. Like not just bad, but fucking terrible. Knowing they owned guns was way more scary than a theoretical "bad guy"

You can't compare two very different countries, you numnut. You have to compare the same country before and after.
You had much less chance of being shot in Australia before you became collectively stupid and banned guns too.
I'm pretty sure that gun deaths didn't change much at all in Australia before and after the ban.
There is a lot of research on the issue, and as far as I recall, the verdict is: More guns in the hands of good people = less gun deaths.

If you do want to do the country comparison I will raise you Switzerland, where every citizen gets his or hers gun with him home after military service and where they can go in to any gun store and by any gun they damn well please, and yet, a very peaceful country.
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 4148

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 02:12:46 PM

and so on.

Don't do that, Arrie, or you'll be missing out on some of the best tasting dishes you can eat...

I consider Italian cuisine as the best tasting food in the world.

Second best (for me) is Middle Eastern cuisine.

On the other side of the scale, the absolute worst has got to be English cuisine. I remember, when I was in the UK for studies, how I was horrified to be served grilled pork steak covered in some sweet jam, I think it was pineapple jam or something like that. The mixing of super sweet foods with normally salty stuff, like meat, is utterly disgusting to me. I had to endure it for 11 years...
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 02:14:29 PM

Ok First, I never lost taste!!
I lost smell, I could not smell the coffee, but I could taste if there was sugar in the coffee or not, understand?
And this was before I got sick.
And no, you can not convince me that Italian food is anything but versions of ground meat, tomato sauce, cheese and pasta. Because it is.
gwaur

Activity: 94
Merit: 22

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 02:21:23 PM

Too low for Nutsonaro?

hmmmm

You can't compare two very different countries, you numnut. You have to compare the same country before and after.
You had much less chance of being shot in Australia before you became collectively stupid and banned guns too.
I'm pretty sure that gun deaths didn't change much at all in Australia before and after the ban.
There is a lot of research on the issue, and as far as I recall, the verdict is: More guns in the hands of good people = less gun deaths.

If you do want to do the country comparison I will raise you Switzerland, where every citizen gets his or hers gun with him home after military service and where they can go in to any gun store and by any gun they damn well please, and yet, a very peaceful country.
A major global report confirms gun-related homicides, suicides and accidents are falling in Australia after the introduction of anti-gun laws, and that the effect of such tough laws is similar elsewhere.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 02:35:38 PM

and so on.

Don't do that, Arrie, or you'll be missing out on some of the best tasting dishes you can eat...

I consider Italian cuisine as the best tasting food in the world.

Second best (for me) is Middle Eastern cuisine.

On the other side of the scale, the absolute worst has got to be English cuisine. I remember, when I was in the UK for studies, how I was horrified to be served grilled pork steak covered in some sweet jam, I think it was pineapple jam or something like that. The mixing of super sweet foods with normally salty stuff, like meat, is utterly disgusting to me. I had to endure it for 11 years...

Now I never said anything about the taste, I said it was a disappointment, the disappointment was that it tasted like lasagna, not that it tasted bad, it didn't it was actually quite good.

Pork steak and jam actually sounds good, never had it but I will try it when I get to England, I haven't been there since I was 13 and I didn't particularly like it, I got the impression of old dirty and worn down. I was in London for a week with my parents, so maybe the countryside was beautiful, I don't know. As a grown up I have come to realize that maybe one week in London 46 years ago isn't much to judge a whole country on. And also, as I have watched programs from England, like that guy and his wife from Faulty towers who travel the canals, I have come to slowly change my view, it kind of looks good and pleasing to my eyes now.So I will at some point take a trip to England for a week or so, maybe a pilgrimage (by car) to Walsingham, just for fun, I'm not religious, but it sounded like a fun place to visit in a book I read.
Lambie Slayer

Activity: 994
Merit: 707

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 02:37:08 PM
Merited by infofront (10)

Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 02:41:41 PM

Too low for Nutsonaro?

hmmmm

A major global report confirms gun-related homicides, suicides and accidents are falling in Australia after the introduction of anti-gun laws, and that the effect of such tough laws is similar elsewhere.

That report is probably ordered and paid for by some gun hating left wing group who would clutch at any straw to make gun ownership look bad.
I don't have the time to dig for the reports I'm referring to, but you all know that they are out there.

And what's "A major global report" anyway, how does it differ from "a minor local report".
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 02:44:50 PM

You guys do realize that I'm just having fun about the Italian "cooking" though, don't you, although there is some truth to my statement.
rdbase
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1500

Join the world-leading crypto sportsbook NOW!

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2020, 02:53:42 PM

That is one spicy meat a ball! Grin
FatFork
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 2587

Top Crypto Casino

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2020, 03:13:21 PM

You guys do realize that I'm just having fun about the Italian "cooking" though, don't you, although there is some truth to my statement.

I have just three words for you: change your cook! Grin
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 03:21:39 PM

Can CW please crawl into the nearest cave & die now. What’s paedo Ayre got to say about this latest debacle?
We’re sub $9,000 again but our time in the sun will come, we’re just kinda floating through the days, waiting for the inevitable catalyst to start the bull run for real. Continue to stack stats girls, the current cheap price won’t be around forever.

He said those addresses were from the "possible list" the real list came later and is not public.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 03:43:56 PM

Look, I can kind of understand why BCH has some support. I think it's stupid, but I can see it.

But why the fuck would anyone continue to think faktoshi and BSV has any validity what-so-ever. He clearly has no idea what he is talking about. He had to plagiarise his phD, despite going to pretty much the worst University in Australia. He has been caught lying 987,392 987,393 times. He is a state loving boot licker. WTF is going on in these people's heads.

Having BSV as a worse scam does not justify supporting BCH.   Roll Eyes Tongue
infofront (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
May 25, 2020, 03:55:25 PM

Look, I can kind of understand why BCH has some support. I think it's stupid, but I can see it.

But why the fuck would anyone continue to think faktoshi and BSV has any validity what-so-ever. He clearly has no idea what he is talking about. He had to plagiarise his phD, despite going to pretty much the worst University in Australia. He has been caught lying 987,392 987,393 times. He is a state loving boot licker. WTF is going on in these people's heads.

BSV is closer to old school, pre-segwit Bitcoin than BCH, aside from blocksize. BSV has an unlimited blocksize, while BCH is limited to 8mb blocks. Out of the two I'd prefer BSV.
Pages: « 1 ... 26572 26573 26574 26575 26576 26577 26578 26579 26580 26581 26582 26583 26584 26585 26586 26587 26588 26589 26590 26591 26592 26593 26594 26595 26596 26597 26598 26599 26600 26601 26602 26603 26604 26605 26606 26607 26608 26609 26610 26611 26612 26613 26614 26615 26616 26617 26618 26619 26620 26621 [26622] 26623 26624 26625 26626 26627 26628 26629 26630 26631 26632 26633 26634 26635 26636 26637 26638 26639 26640 26641 26642 26643 26644 26645 26646 26647 26648 26649 26650 26651 26652 26653 26654 26655 26656 26657 26658 26659 26660 26661 26662 26663 26664 26665 26666 26667 26668 26669 26670 26671 26672 ... 33316 »
  Print  

Jump to: