May 06, 2024, 11:16:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 28627 28628 28629 28630 28631 28632 28633 28634 28635 28636 28637 28638 28639 28640 28641 28642 28643 28644 28645 28646 28647 28648 28649 28650 28651 28652 28653 28654 28655 28656 28657 28658 28659 28660 28661 28662 28663 28664 28665 28666 28667 28668 28669 28670 28671 28672 28673 28674 28675 28676 [28677] 28678 28679 28680 28681 28682 28683 28684 28685 28686 28687 28688 28689 28690 28691 28692 28693 28694 28695 28696 28697 28698 28699 28700 28701 28702 28703 28704 28705 28706 28707 28708 28709 28710 28711 28712 28713 28714 28715 28716 28717 28718 28719 28720 28721 28722 28723 28724 28725 28726 28727 ... 33328 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26373157 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
May 20, 2021, 01:05:34 AM

... browsing for best deals on amazon

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
May 20, 2021, 01:13:21 AM

No breather. Retest happening. And alts bleeding heavily. Damn my bitcoin gains from the last months on alts are gone lol. Just hold.
BitcoinBunny
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 2494

View Profile
May 20, 2021, 01:52:15 AM
Merited by philipma1957 (1), xhomerx10 (1)

Seems to me most coins are trying to get back to where they were back in mid January.

Eth and others keep going down further now.

Much of the gain against BTC is getting erased which seems to happen every time everything dips like this.
In the end I thus question if any of these coins can ever keep up the temporary momentum they sometimes achieve against BTC.
The answer seems to be no.

I agree with many of the YouTubers suggesting this is heavily co-ordinated by the banks.
Obviously not a coincidence the Goldman Sachs exec retired just a few weeks ago on Dogecoin gains.
"Yup you can dump it now, I'm set. Just tell Elon to post that little note I sent you and you boys can buy the dip. See ya later at the 100K party. Oh and thank Proudhon for me."
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
May 20, 2021, 01:58:30 AM

... what I want to know is which exchanges are insolvent?

... which financial houses bitcoin trading desks are busted?

... apparently the rescue came from the highest levels because the losses were threatening Wall St. ... like being balls deep in a redhead, there is no exit strategy with Bitcoin
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
May 20, 2021, 02:07:07 AM
Merited by degxtra1 (1)

A much better option if a few bucks more at checkout...well worth it..I still love the stuff strangely even after living off of it for one entire summer basically.

---------

some evening charts

D

W
BitcoinBunny
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 2494

View Profile
May 20, 2021, 02:15:41 AM

Amazon (UK at least) seems f*cked up trying to find these:

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10218

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 20, 2021, 02:31:29 AM

Tbh i'm never in favor for a DIP, though I very obviously understand that they are needed... Have experienced a lot of things last days, weeks, months.... Where do I start?

I always like the higher price valuations ... Though I hate selling or nearly never sell (When its needed at the most and still)
^But I think thats how a lot of hodlers think.

Now new people all need to be hardened or need to GTFO, cause every single "pleb" "n00b" "friend of a friend" "viewer of the news whom see a massive pump but never hear of BTC before" Etc Etc They are all in for quick and fast gains... Though they get greedy as price only rise and dips minimum so they stick with there investment and feast like nothing can go wrong, these are those people who needs to be shaken to there core... 1 of 10 maybe stay positively involved... Most run away with fear and re enter higher in a next massive UP trent to then again act the same until they sometimes understand after some punishments, maybe a truly fundamental knowing is "this isn't a get rich fast ride"

So I have set up a whatss app group for "crypto" only friends of me and two-three other "better hodler" (better not perfect, sometimes a bit of to much alt koolaid, but not the worst, they learned not more as 20% .... btw me I think MAX 2%)
But in this group growing fast some family and friends and...

Boy the fear that I have seen today, while I provided the TOP best info around BBTC and links from the forum and just best best the best to read articles, security, fundamentals etc (no one there knows i'm active here)
But like one of the lads is a car seller as main job (big BMW garage 100+ employees) I think 20-30% bought crypto except one or something they all sold bottom-ish today, also they where fighting kraken to re enter more high prices but couldn't log in etc cause you guys know exchanges and DIPS Roll Eyes

But with these events I understand why we DIP like this, the trash truly need to be flushed out from the scene to truly have some solid base to build uppon....

I hodled 5 eth for I guy who works for me, last week he finally had an exchange account and ask me to send him today, he was with me on the bottom while asking, hard to get only but when I was he asked me can you also send me in dollars?? He preferred $ Over BTC or his original ETH, though I couldn't and send him the original, but also willing to instant sell the bottom whiteout a second thought...

I hope we all agree that these DIPs maybe are truly needed and better fast and hard instead long and slow if I can chose.

I am not sure why you are seeming surprised by human inclinations that seem to be stubborn and reluctant to learn from information that is being fed right to their lil greedy snouts.. hahahahaha.   

These great dips mostly ONLY assist those of us who already have been able to differentiate the superior information from the noise, and to be able to act upon the superior information because we already have various systems set up.  That would include guys like Michael Saylor too.. who likely ongoingly continue to blow our wadds as our new cash comes in... hahhahha..

Of course, there are going to be a few guys who will actually transition over from being a retard into actually engaging in the kind of behavior that longer term BTC HODLers are attempting to get them to do for their own good.

In the end, lost of peeps are dumb fucks and it takes them a while to come around and they tend to need to come around at their own pace, which might not actually be as financially profitable as it could have been.
'
There is ONLY so much that anyone of us can actually do to help to save normies from their lil selfies - if they are having trouble both recognizing the valuable information and also they may even vocally recognize that they should have followed your advice in the past blah blah blah.. but fail and refuse to take immediate action in terms of getting their fucking accounts set up and even making some actual buys of BTC in the event that they already have accounts set up.

So in the end, what ends up happening is that largely already existing BTC HODLers like you, me, Saylor and like minded peeps, continue to accrue BTC and maybe even overly accrue at prices that are higher than the current price that we are running out of money at the peaks of the dips.. even if maybe we still are able to pick up a few in the lower $30ks, we had been acquiring in the $50ks and the $40ks, too... but BIG whatevers to us, even though we could have done a bit better with more reservations, but we are still likely going to kill it in the end.. while fence sitters are largely telling us we could have gotten our BTC way cheaper and while they are accumulating their first .021BTC, we have largely acquired magnitudes of their BTC quantities and NOT always at the "best of prices" along this difficult to figure out short-term path that we end up largely nailing in the long-term because of our persistence and our beliefs.

Sure, some of us blew a lot of our load in the $50ks. but many of us also were able to overall accumulate some in the $40ks and $30ks too... and likely these $30ks are not going to last very long (relatively speaking) even though they might seem like they are lasting an eternity as we are living through them (without as much fiat as we wished we were to have)....  Wink Wink

In other words, fuck the newbs.. sure expose them and continue to interact with them, but you can ONLY do too much.  By the way, your post reminds me of a couple of folks who I had been interacting with quite extensively in recent times, so one was worthy of sending a reminder message to which kind of shows ongoing hemming and hawing about matters that should be quite obvious but do not seem to be from that person's perspective.. and another one I am ONLY going to interact with if contacted directly or bump into that person.. I am not going to go out of my way.. even though we spoke in person already a couple times about bitcoin in the past week and I really have the sense that there was quite a bit of talk there an absolutely no meaningful action.. and quite a bit should have been accomplishable in the past week, no?  Seems to me... but whatever. 

Seems to me that I was able to acquire a shit-ton of BTC over the past week or so, relatively speaking - even though I am NOT even really in an acquisition mode currently, and should be way reluctant to acquire BTC than someone who has little to no actual stake (meaning a largely insufficient stake whether we are talking about objective considerations or even if we were to help them in finding their own subjective stake numbers)... 
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2119

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
May 20, 2021, 02:41:37 AM

Amazon (UK at least) seems f*cked up trying to find these:

Those are terrible. No flavor and however long you cook them, they don't get soft enough.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3868

View Profile
May 20, 2021, 02:54:17 AM
Last edit: May 20, 2021, 05:29:46 AM by Biodom

In 2000 some hedgies were trying to 'bring down' high flying biotech and internet stocks.
Even Clinton chimed in with some nonsense.
Instead, the whole market crashed severely and caused a recession.

Now, someone wanted to bring high flying cryptocurrencies down..and look, the whole market might just could go topsy-turvy either soon or in the Fall.
BTW, a huge market crash would certainly stop or even reverse the inflation uptick that many are so worried about.

From my perspective, all I see is more work for the same or even slightly declining total compensation at the same job, officially.
Deflationary trends that Jeff Booth had described are real and maybe will be even accelerating in the future once more narrow AI gets going.
General AI would mean MUCH less or NO work, hence no work paycheck.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10218

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 20, 2021, 03:16:59 AM

...Sup $ 37K! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

How is laifu Jay?? Tongue  ... Enjoying those $60K+ profits you took back in March / April?? Tongue Tongue

What is laifu?.. oh you mean life.  

Gosh, it is going pretty damned good in terms of ongoing levels of just wonderful - can you imagine even a few years ago considering where we are at currently.  Sure, there was some positiveness, even in the summer of 2019 when the BTC price was shooting up to $13,880.. but it feels even moar gooder to actually see 3x to 6x higher prices than our summer of 2019 prices... even if we are likely only solidly on around 3x as I type..

But hey, if you think about the whole matter, I am thinking that the 208-week moving average would have been around $3k to $4k in mid-2019 and it was around $5k in March 2020 when it was breached for about a week or so.. but now the 208-week moving average is about $12,500.. so cannot really be complaining about some 208-weekly moving average thing going more than 3x in just two years.. holy shit.. that is pretty amazing, no?  

Regarding profits, I have not really been taking any profits, besides just following a system that attempts to serve as a kind of insurance practice.

In the past months, I have gotten enticed (or is it cajoled?) into a project though that had caused me some turmoils in recent times in terms of cashflow (or even cash reserve) considerations, but the cashflow and even the reserves seem to be so cushiony (and the timeline of aspects of the project seems sufficiently spaced out) that there is not really any need to panic, yet, and whatever I am doing with various tweaks of my ongoing system is likely going to play out sufficiently o.k... but still the whole matter has not completely ironed itself out and I would have surely preferred UPpity rather than DOWNity in the most recent action (or moves away from $60k-ish)- even though I still think that lemonade can still be of use, no?  It's kind of like summer time right now  - or at least very close, no?

Probably the first time when I actually managed to read trough a full message of yours. Probably its because I've been visiting here less often and I missed your walls of text. Cheesy Cheesy

Well congrats.

Maybe it is a sign that any of us might have hopes to become less dumb moar quickly.   #nohomo.

But yeah... it is pretty interesting compared to last years. Smiley  ... I diversified some of my coin and I keep some also on the exchange. But it seems much more different then last year, maybe a bit less burdensome by the "space-time-price-continuum". But maybe the difference is probably the thirst in vigilance for being aware of everything and everybody, seems like old friends are more reliable then some others. Beware of the new bloods that come thirty for the wealth of the crypto early adopters. Smiley ... Nice chatting with ya! Take care! ("LAMBO SOON?!?" Cheesy Cheesy )

Well, gosh sure.  We do need to attempt to both find indicators that are meaningful to us in terms of attempting to measure if things that we believed last year are actually playing out this year, and there seem to be so many signs that the price posture of bitcoin is way more bullish this year than it was last year -even if we had a pretty damned BIG ass correction in the past week or so that may have even kind of started to trickle DOWNity a wee bit more than a week ago.

Regarding, protecting your wealth, including protecting what you say to peeps that you know, each of us needs to engage in decent amounts of discretion, and even more discretions if we suspect that anyone that we actually know in real life (or who might meet us in real life) might either be capable of extreme acts of desperation that would attempt to transfer value from us to them without consent or if they have friends who could assist them in coming up with such plans.  Accordingly, sometimes it is going to be good to either NOT dress too flashy or to talk about some particulars regarding the ownership of assets and wealth that might be available to you.. maybe one of the justifications for driving a symbolic lambo rather than a real one and banging symbolic hookers rather than real ones too.. hahahha

Better to figure out ways to attempt to remain somewhat discreet rather than becoming a statistic, no?

[edited out]

Oh come on now don't fib, no one actually reads a Jay post all the way through, I'm not saying he doesn't make points but it's like an email, you skim it.

Hahahaha..

There is that angle too..    Tongue Tongue Tongue

Save the RF would have been much more believable if he had chosen one to five words or a picture. then accidentally reading/looked at the whole thing may have had happened..

But those 1-5 word posts (or picture posts) are quite rare occurrences in the whole scheme of things..

I am thinking that it is quite likely that Save the RF was just missing me too muchie.... I have that effect on peeps in weird ways, sometimes.. rare, but it does happen from time to time.

"missing JJG too muchie" is one of the potential risks for any WO member in staying away from the WO thread for more time than recommended, psychologically speaking...   #justsaying...

so careful out there guys.

Oh come on now don't fib, no one actually reads a Jay post all the way through, I'm not saying he doesn't make points but it's like an email, you skim it.

I wonder if we could get one of those comment summarization bots working.

Aka --- LoyceV.  #nohomo

Agreed.

I take back everything I said about the high 50s.

Remind us what you said.

So much memory can end up getting completely erased when short-term trauma plays out  (referring to the past 24 hours, yo).

Well well well boys, for some reason this dip just doesn't sting like the last times, maybe after you've been through enough loops the ole rollercoaster isn't as thrilling.

I had about 10 seconds of panic then I said to myself "What would "The Dude" do?" and I turned my phone off and went to hodl sleep.

In a way or another it has become an almost meme. And the way some of us might look at things is just like : "well... look all these coins and millions I got over the years! It's just the price of the dollar that makes things different...". It goes up, it goes down, everything always go back to normal to "to the same". So basically there is no actual loss when you are dealing with a limited supply of coins. But only loss of nerves because you get angry about the loss of time, (the time that you like to look at your money and nourish your ego by thinking "oh look!!!... how much I have!" then looking at it knowing "oh look!!!.. how less I have!" .

^ And that is mostly the problem. Because people don't have patience with their ego to look at a sh!t then to think they are actually looking at something pretty, just because the mighty soon to fall USD says its a smaller number and their d!ck is not as big, long, bright, shiny as they think, want or perceive, and they don't like to hear and know that.  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

Hahahaha

Case in point.

At least you, save the RF are showing that "we" still have a lot of work that needs to be done, so for a split second I had been considering that maybe you had been learning some thingie-ma-jiggies through the years of our acquaintance, but the above post snapped me back to the reality of the matter... no project is easy-peasy.   Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
degxtra1

Activity: 228
Merit: 46

View Profile
May 20, 2021, 03:28:00 AM

A much better option if a few bucks more at checkout...well worth it..I still love the stuff strangely even after living off of it for one entire summer basically.

well... I'm suggesting to try this one - they have golden chicken and curry version best of best experience.

Toxic2040 - special thanks for your ETA from a week ago. I took it seriously. And today my funny order (funny At time of placing it) @29999USD got filled  Grin
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2119

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
May 20, 2021, 03:29:41 AM
Last edit: May 20, 2021, 03:45:20 AM by Richy_T

Bitcointalk offers a link for captcha-less login that works only for a specific user.
It has the form

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=login;ccode=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Could that help?

Sadly appears to be broken Sad

Edit: Oh wait, nevermind. Their description of how to use it is awful.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
May 20, 2021, 04:23:16 AM
Merited by cAPSLOCK (5), JimboToronto (1), Hueristic (1)

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2021, 05:03:48 AM

Explanation
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 3007

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
May 20, 2021, 05:05:14 AM

No breather. Retest happening. And alts bleeding heavily. Damn my bitcoin gains from the last months on alts are gone lol. Just hold.
Some alts are swinging like crazy, its really some bullshit that they are at a week old ath still while ETH and BTC bleed.

The more leverage longed, the more bleeding.
King daddy was showing them shitcoiners a lesson  Cool
nanobtc

Activity: 601
Merit: 610

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2021, 05:18:07 AM

WB Chartbuddy!
Parazyd

Activity: 812
Merit: 587

Space Lord

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2021, 05:27:34 AM

Hah ChartBuddy! Cheesy
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2021, 06:01:32 AM

Explanation
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12053

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
May 20, 2021, 06:38:58 AM
Merited by xhomerx10 (1), NeuroticFish (1), Gyrsur (1)

ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2021, 07:01:24 AM

Explanation
Pages: « 1 ... 28627 28628 28629 28630 28631 28632 28633 28634 28635 28636 28637 28638 28639 28640 28641 28642 28643 28644 28645 28646 28647 28648 28649 28650 28651 28652 28653 28654 28655 28656 28657 28658 28659 28660 28661 28662 28663 28664 28665 28666 28667 28668 28669 28670 28671 28672 28673 28674 28675 28676 [28677] 28678 28679 28680 28681 28682 28683 28684 28685 28686 28687 28688 28689 28690 28691 28692 28693 28694 28695 28696 28697 28698 28699 28700 28701 28702 28703 28704 28705 28706 28707 28708 28709 28710 28711 28712 28713 28714 28715 28716 28717 28718 28719 28720 28721 28722 28723 28724 28725 28726 28727 ... 33328 »
  Print  

Jump to: