May 04, 2024, 12:59:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 29394 29395 29396 29397 29398 29399 29400 29401 29402 29403 29404 29405 29406 29407 29408 29409 29410 29411 29412 29413 29414 29415 29416 29417 29418 29419 29420 29421 29422 29423 29424 29425 29426 29427 29428 29429 29430 29431 29432 29433 29434 29435 29436 29437 29438 29439 29440 29441 29442 29443 [29444] 29445 29446 29447 29448 29449 29450 29451 29452 29453 29454 29455 29456 29457 29458 29459 29460 29461 29462 29463 29464 29465 29466 29467 29468 29469 29470 29471 29472 29473 29474 29475 29476 29477 29478 29479 29480 29481 29482 29483 29484 29485 29486 29487 29488 29489 29490 29491 29492 29493 29494 ... 33320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26371692 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 2899

View Profile
September 29, 2021, 04:08:39 PM
Merited by Biodom (1)

Well, each person's family situation is a bit different,

"All happy families are alike; but each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way."
--Lev Tolstoy's Anna Karenina principle

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12035

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
September 29, 2021, 04:24:24 PM
Merited by LFC_Bitcoin (7), Hueristic (1), Biodom (1), JayJuanGee (1), HI-TEC99 (1), bitcoinPsycho (1), aysg76 (1), OutOfMemory (1), shahzadafzal (1), nanobtc (1)

Thx for the support…. WO is a beautiful place….

I have to say, I knew it would be hard, but it’s harder as imagined…

Probably all people with a heart for animals or who lost a dog, know the feeling…

Sad day, but we have had some amazing times and a lot of good memories.

To everyone in here only take a dog/pet when you understand the responsibility it takes and live life together, share some best moments, experience the love an animal has for you, take good care for it etc

Losing it hurts that’s for sure, but I will always need a dog around me!
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10209

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 29, 2021, 04:37:01 PM

Now you sound like a BIG blocker nutjob who is selectively nitpicking the contents of my post and coming to garbage and selective interpretations. 

Effectively you are the one to downgrade this conversation, by insulting me in a way I didn’t think possible. Big blocker? Me? In other words, fuck you Jay.

In other words, you are showing yourself as an emotionally sensitive twat.

There might have been a more substantive point to re-iterate, but losing track of the substantive point beyond you and a few other nutjobs spouting out overweighted nonsense that the BTC price follows hashrate - as if hashrate were some kind of central consideration... and blah blah blah regarding anti-lightning network (and anti-second layer) nonsense that generally attempts to suggest that all solutions have to be "on-the-first-layer."  Don't those dumbass arguments sound familiar?  One of the lovely things about segregated witness (have you heard of it) remains that it facilitates a lot of second layer (centralized or whatever who fucking cares?... you can use them if you want or you do not have to), while hardly at all putting any kind of jeopardy or security issues to undermine the first layer....

Have you ever considered that further down the layer solutions can be built upon decentralization, but if you try to accomplish that the other way around, you are engaging in smoke and mirrors - like many shitcoins play those kinds of games.. in other words, you can build centralized systems upon decentralized systems and maintain centralization, but not the other way around.. so in that respect, you go fuck your dumb little BIG blocker wannabe self (even if you don't realize it), Cryptotourist.

I have been attempting to be descriptive of what is going on in terms of both 1st layer and 2nd layer, and I don't feel any need to argue my points beyond my already having had sufficiently made them.

Do you look in the mirror, when you type your replies? How is it that you miss the point - when you don’t agree with something?

You had a point?  Oh?  I had not realized that part.

If you believe that there is something wrong with bitcoin or its current trajectory that includes lightning developments and other second layer solutions, including its combination of solutions then you likely have some kind of burden to point that out. 

I didn’t say that, in fact, READ again what I said, then use WRITE to complete the process. Tongue

Lookie uie poo-ie.  Giving assignments.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I was just pointing to your assertion that seemed to be suggesting that lightning might not be adding value and to assert that from my perspective, I see some value happening through some of those mechanisms.. lightning, liquid and perhaps some other ongoing bitcoin and bitcoin-related happenings.

We need something easy to work with, decentralized and censor-less if this is going to succeed en masse.

We have bitcoin.  Have you heard of it?  It goes by other names, too - such as king daddy, honey badger, lilie fiend and a few other names.

You might have to explain more, for whatever that is worth.

I will, promise, when I’m ready. I’ve had an idea for a couple of years, brewing and maturing, and I’m almost ready to share it.

Oh gawd..  Roll Eyes does it involve a coin?
gallianooo

Activity: 677
Merit: 346

View Profile
September 29, 2021, 04:40:25 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (2)

Sad day…. Lost one of my very best friends today, a dog and it’s unconditional love.

A day where I really learn what pain is.

Sad to hear that.. I didn't have the chance yet to have a dog. But I love them and I hope i will have a more "calm" lifestyle in a near future to adopt one. I love the Golden retriever.

Which type of dog was ?

Condolences.
BobLawblaw
Legendary

Activity: 1826
Merit: 5551

Neighborhood Shenanigans Dispenser

View Profile
September 29, 2021, 04:43:41 PM

MemPool Report: Fees have been higher than 1sat to get into a block for over two hours now - still trying to checkpoint a Lightning channel open with LOOP.

Looks to be backed up for at least another hour at 3sat to get in as minimum fee.

I'm in no hurry, but just taking more note of the mempool since I got back into Lightning - so as to minimize on-chain costs - and hasn't been this backed up since I started taking notice of such things, since you assholes dragged me into your Lightning channel party thingy.

Not sure how to interpret this. I know there has been some historical speculation about mempool activity/BTC Price, and I guess I'm just passively noting that speculated correlation.

eg: I can't seem to recognize a reason for the min fee being over 1sat, for as long as it has, vs price activity.

I guess the upside to becoming more involved with running the node, is I'll have a much better sense of the mempool/fee-state as a result of desiring to pay bare minimum on channel opens, which may help give me further insight into any possible price movements.

Haven't paid attention to the mempool/price to the extent that I have lately, and will be curious to see what knowledge I glean. I don't have any interest in going backwards through history to do the research sorta thing...

</brainfart>
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 7840

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2021, 04:46:14 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

In 2022 the price will drop back from say 200k to 120k much like 2018 20k to 12k but the hash rate will catch up.

Holy shit.  That's a pretty extreme correction expectation philip.

I can appreciate $200k to $20k would be within reasonable extremes.. but I doubt that even $120k (if that were the top) would justify having corrections below $20k..

I think philipma1957 is only talking about 200k to 120k.  The same percentage as 20k to 12k in the past.

yeah I am explaining the projected 2022 ratio

to the prior 2018 numbers

and in order for it to be the same  as 2017 -2018 we need to spike really hard from now til dec-jan far out stripping the diff.

then have prices slide in 2022 with diff gowing to catch up
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 4159

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
September 29, 2021, 04:55:25 PM

Sad day…. Lost one of my very best friends today, a dog and it’s unconditional love.

Sorry for your loss dude...  Sad

I'm not into dogs or pets in general (too busy to properly take care of them, so they'd suffer if I had any), but still I can relate to your pain, as I have friends and relatives who have dogs and I greatly enjoy them whenever I visit.

Often pets (especially dogs) can be more loyal than humans. At least pets are true. WYSIWYG. Which is something that can't be said for many (most?) humans, sadly.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
September 29, 2021, 05:01:28 PM

Explanation
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12035

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
September 29, 2021, 05:06:12 PM
Merited by cygan (2), Torque (1)

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2021, 05:08:14 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

In any case, there's no need for name calling, especially between WO regulars. IMHO.

oh?

We will have to work harder to have fun in other ways, then.   Cry Cry Cry

I am not even agreeing to NOT resort to name calling, as determined exclusively by me.

In any case, there's no need for name calling, especially between WO regulars. IMHO.

In my defense, I can't help myself

Exactly!!!!!!

You tend to allow ur lil selfie to become very (arguably too much) emotional, and you want to be "looked up to" on the interwebs, so you go around swingening and swaggering as if you were to have some kind of meaningful and significant clout...

In my defense, I can't help myself when I see something absolutely retarded, in a place I enjoy investing time in, and say "OMG that's retarded. Howcanyouevenevenrightnow? <BLOCKD LIKE aLySsA MiLaNo YO>"

Fucking snowflakes.

Name calling is honesty, though.
We were educated that it's not "polite", but i'm fine with it, because actions matter thousand times more than words.
Words are just a lining, decoration or vocally encrypted emotions with a little bit of explicit and/or implicit information as well (the payload).
One can see it as an expressive vocal art form. Think about Eric Cartman (and the fact he has friends, too).

To be honest, i'm trained by one of my sons, who regularly shouts at everbody else, swearing, namecalling...
We let him do. No discussion, though.
A few minutes later he comes back and is deeply sorry, which weighs hundred times more than the words he said before.

Frequently pure name-calling without substance is a sign of lost arguments, and that is why it has its own logical fallacy name.. aka ad hominem attack. 

In other words, I have no problem with strategic name calling, but it is likely better to attempt to address substance first, and usually only resort to name calling after the other party has done it first (not saying never to preemptively strike, because there are likely times/situations in which preemptive strikes could be helpful and even the right thing to do, also).
shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2891

View Profile
September 29, 2021, 05:10:22 PM

RIP… I can feel your pain… what happened? natural death?

I remember once we lost our beautiful pet parrot. He was part our family too he used to sleep on the corner of the bed or on the bed’s head rest and sometimes my father will put a chair near to bed and he will sit on it all night. But this unfortunate soul had a tragic death Sad …. One day my younger brother was sleeping and somehow he crawled on his bed and was suffocated to death under his blanket or under him we aren’t sure. But we could not forget him for so long he stayed with 3-4 years, he once survived a cat attacked Sad
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 3003

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
September 29, 2021, 05:27:10 PM

Seems to be an emotional day here at the WO folks...
I hope we all will be rewarded with a green $10k candle, which is predicted on twatter for today. But king daddy will just do what king daddy always does: he won't care.

From my point of view, family is much more for whom i care, not who is related to me, could well be an animal, too.

Lately, it seems signs of change pop up virtually everywhere, Bitcoin (and crypto) seems finally to be taken serious by the "laugh about you" peeps.
Hopefully the "fight you" era will turn into a extensive phase of adoption, because then "we all win"!
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2021, 05:30:26 PM
Last edit: September 29, 2021, 05:58:59 PM by JayJuanGee

If you cannot recall correctly, we were talking long .  Torque was poo-pooing stock-to-flow and suggesting that newbies are too reliant upon S2F being 100% correct.

Sorry, I tend to skim your posts and must have missed the context. It'll probably happen again to be honest.

I just skimmed your above post, and I discovered that you are premeditatively planning to skim my future posts.

Angry Angry Angry

In 2022 the price will drop back from say 200k to 120k much like 2018 20k to 12k but the hash rate will catch up.

Holy shit.  That's a pretty extreme correction expectation philip.

I can appreciate $200k to $20k would be within reasonable extremes.. but I doubt that even $120k (if that were the top) would justify having corrections below $20k..

I think philipma1957 is only talking about 200k to 120k.  The same percentage as 20k to 12k in the past.

Oops..

Upon rereading you are correct.  I misread that... and I am still not sure if it makes sense, exactly.. because sure in 2018 there was a drop from $20k to $12k.. but that drop was short-lived.. so that drop to $12k is hardly representative of what ended up happening, even if BTC prices might have hovered in the supra $10k prices for a bit of time before spending a quite a bit of time in the sub $10ks... I am considering that there is no need to edit my earlier post - even though now I see that I misunderstood the above portion of what philip was saying.
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 3003

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
September 29, 2021, 05:59:43 PM

Frequently pure name-calling without substance is a sign of lost arguments, and that is why it has its own logical fallacy name.. aka ad hominem attack.  

In other words, I have no problem with strategic name calling, but it is likely better to attempt to address substance first, and usually only resort to name calling after the other party has done it first (not saying never to preemptively strike, because there are likely times/situations in which preemptive strikes could be helpful and even the right thing to do, also).

Well, you're right imo, but i even know a few guys (and gals) personally, who seem to unable to even say "hello" without swearing. It is just their version of etiquette, damn loyal people at their hearts, though.
If you are too polite, they will most likely call you a freaking faggot or something like that and tell to GTFO. They remember me a lot of the "cathleen's bike" people.
Back in the days, one told me he will punch out my girlfriends teeth and piss in the "hole", which would be translated to "i don't like what she just said".
So i might be much more used to "bad speech" than most other people.

When somebody is purely name-calling, i would see it as trying to distance himself from the one(s) he's directing his words at.
I guess we all swear and call names inside, but we were taught to keep it there.
Overall, it is considered "verbal violence", but i'd only consider it as violence if the one who is addressed with these wordings is suffering from it. If you continue to hurt somebodies feelings though you are aware, you're probably just an asshole.
All in all, it's a manifestation of the "dark side" we all have within, whether we realize it or not. Better let it out from time to time through filthy words, before somebody gets harmed, maybe even physically.
I believe swearing can be healthy and relieving, if "done right".

EDIT: muhfucka, more than 2000 posts already?!  Shocked I wonder how many of them were kinda "on topic"  Cheesy
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
September 29, 2021, 06:01:36 PM

Explanation
Cryptotourist

Activity: 1190
Merit: 755

Homo Sapiens Bitcoinerthalensis

View Profile
September 29, 2021, 06:01:57 PM

My warmest condolences dude.

I’ve also had dogs all my life, but I don’t think I can compare them to the one I currently have almost everywhere with me.
She is also my first female dog, and she is 9 years old, bless her.

I love wave 5 during holiday festivities. Smiley

My jaw is ready. Grin

In other words, you are showing yourself as an emotionally sensitive twat.

Can we … not have this episode … again?
I’m sensitive, and you are salty, let’s move forward.

~ so in that respect, you go fuck your dumb little BIG blocker wannabe self (even if you don't realize it), Cryptotourist.

Jeeezzz, “I don’t even realise”? Hahahaha, self slap yourself Jay, you’re not talking to a 3 year old.

You had a point?  Oh?  I had not realized that part.

Oh no, of course not, it’s beyond your hardware and software capacity.

We have bitcoin.  Have you heard of it?  It goes by other names, too - such as king daddy, honey badger, lilie fiend and a few other names.

If that’s not a retarded statement, I don’t know what is.

Oh gawd..  Roll Eyes does it involve a coin?

NO. There is only one coin. BTC.
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2211
Merit: 3178

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
September 29, 2021, 06:02:40 PM
Merited by fillippone (2), JayJuanGee (1)

https://lightninglabs.substack.com/p/the-summer-of-lightning-reaching-tipping-point
d_eddie
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2021, 06:09:07 PM

Massive H&S on the hourly. Is it real, or artfully painted to shake off the last doubting hands before a huge green?
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4891

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
September 29, 2021, 06:10:30 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (7), JayJuanGee (1)

For those unfamiliar with the statue, it relates to one of the most moving stories about dog loyalty.

https://www.wsfm.com.au/lifestyle/amanda-keller-brings-to-our-attention-japans-hachiko-dog-statue/
d_eddie
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2021, 06:14:37 PM

Meeting place outside Shibuya station. A classic.  Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 29394 29395 29396 29397 29398 29399 29400 29401 29402 29403 29404 29405 29406 29407 29408 29409 29410 29411 29412 29413 29414 29415 29416 29417 29418 29419 29420 29421 29422 29423 29424 29425 29426 29427 29428 29429 29430 29431 29432 29433 29434 29435 29436 29437 29438 29439 29440 29441 29442 29443 [29444] 29445 29446 29447 29448 29449 29450 29451 29452 29453 29454 29455 29456 29457 29458 29459 29460 29461 29462 29463 29464 29465 29466 29467 29468 29469 29470 29471 29472 29473 29474 29475 29476 29477 29478 29479 29480 29481 29482 29483 29484 29485 29486 29487 29488 29489 29490 29491 29492 29493 29494 ... 33320 »
  Print  

Jump to: