April 27, 2024, 08:36:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 30089 30090 30091 30092 30093 30094 30095 30096 30097 30098 30099 30100 30101 30102 30103 30104 30105 30106 30107 30108 30109 30110 30111 30112 30113 30114 30115 30116 30117 30118 30119 30120 30121 30122 30123 30124 30125 30126 30127 30128 30129 30130 30131 30132 30133 30134 30135 30136 30137 30138 [30139] 30140 30141 30142 30143 30144 30145 30146 30147 30148 30149 30150 30151 30152 30153 30154 30155 30156 30157 30158 30159 30160 30161 30162 30163 30164 30165 30166 30167 30168 30169 30170 30171 30172 30173 30174 30175 30176 30177 30178 30179 30180 30181 30182 30183 30184 30185 30186 30187 30188 30189 ... 33304 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368523 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
February 09, 2022, 08:01:21 PM

Explanation

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
February 09, 2022, 08:34:19 PM

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully they are vaccinated and thus the impact will be minimal. If not then hopefully the hospitals in your neighborhood are past the peak admissions from January.
Yes, but I’m not vaccinated, because until now it seemed to me that this was just a convention ...

As a heavy smoker, I have severe shortness of breath in the mornings and evenings .... so for the most part I worry that my already deplorable lung condition will get worse (although I have not yet taken a test). No matter how stupid it may sound, my subconscious will feel better if it does not know about the diagnosis and will position the current state as a common cold, (although I admit I feel inner anxiety).

Well, if you could it would be nice to keep us up to date. As an objectivist I'd have to say it is what it is, so see where it goes.

Gotta say, I do miss smoking. Pipes were always the best, cigarettes were kinda blah and a good cigar was delicious.
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3424
Merit: 4344

View Profile
February 09, 2022, 08:40:04 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

The world’s largest asset manager, BlackRock, is reportedly planning to offer a bitcoin trading service to its investor clients.

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/markets/blackrock-to-offer-bitcoin-trading-report
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2895

View Profile
February 09, 2022, 08:45:24 PM

Fuck... covid got to my family.

Not the first WOer, likely not the last to be touched.
Later mutations are more benign, I think your dear ones will be good soon.
Much good advice has been offered already, I won't say more except
Hodl your wits
And your corn
:-)
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2022, 09:01:27 PM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10161

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 09, 2022, 09:11:39 PM

The only fear I have right now is, as an American, our stupid government is more likely to knee jerk and fuck up than I would like to think.

What they going to do?

Are they going to end up scaring bitcoin outside of the US?    Is there going to be any kind of distinction between Bitcoin and shitcoins?  or is that going to be part of the upcoming mistake?

*tweet quotes from the same guy with 323 followers*

I am not sure if Russia will be able to keep bitcoin under wraps as much as those various law announcements seem to require.  Russia is saying that using bitcoin is o.k. so long as you do it under their rules and through their official systems... but if you try to use bitcoin as it was intended (for kinds of private peer to peer transactions), then that would not be legal.

Good luck with that.  

Of course, the Russian govt likely knows their people and culture way better than some kind of outsider like yours truly - yet I am thinking that maybe the Russian govt feels that they have to frame their laws of "opening up to bitcoin" in those kinds of ways just to kind of keep some potential level of control over the whole thing?

From what little I know, I still have my doubts about the extent to which Russians are complying kinds of people (culture).  They seem to be the opposite.  They do not really like to follow rules, and so maybe that is why the Russia Govt has to appear so tough? We will see how it plays out, and I doubt that a government can ONLY make bitcoin acceptable for the elites and rule followers to the extent that they seem to have some target audience of "model citizens" that they are considering would follow the dictates.

I think the same goes for the whole world. Even China. Legal, illegal, that does not matter. Bitcoiners won't give up being Bitcoiners. If anything this "Russia wants to adopt Bitcoin" fud LCB is doing great things for the Bitcoin price already.

There might NOT be a lot of difference between what we are saying, if I understand you correctly, even though after googling it, I am not really sure what LCB is.

Maybe the part that we seem to agree upon is that ultimately, the outcome ends up playing out the same in terms of attempting to control King Daddy - but it is likely better to embrace it rather than fighting it.  At the same time, I cannot really appreciate that some of the nuance of getting to the "and then we win" stage remains a lot of people are likely going to get hurt along the way.. some of those people more innocent than others. 

So, I do believe that there is some value in attempting to appreciate how the various cultural variances play out, even if we might have differing perceptions regarding how the game theory might play out in one jurisdiction versus another, and surely many of us relatively earlier adopters hope that we do not end up being casualties towards any of the various kinds of pushback that likely play out, whether it is government actors or traditional rich folks or traditional financial institutions (private sector) that strive to put us in our place in a variety of ways.

I have not traditionally considered government to be the bad guy, even though in recent times, we have seen a lot of examples of various ways that they can fuck things up, and there does seem to be a decent amount of narrow interests who seem to be controlling various aspects of government - which has likely always been the case, but some of the various blatant contradictions have been create quite a few tensions with me in recent times, and likely there are a lot of folks (beyond yours truly) who are reassessing the various ways that they can survive and potentially thrive in spite of many ways that their own abilities and options are being challenged.. and maybe also questions regarding whether bitcoin can fix some of this and how do I hold and manage my own keys in such a way that I will be helped by bitcoin rather than becoming some kind of casualty or example that status quo "powers that be" seem to need from time to time.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2022, 10:01:23 PM

Explanation
Krubster

Activity: 355
Merit: 717

View Profile
February 09, 2022, 10:21:43 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (4), JayJuanGee (1), OutOfMemory (1), hisslyness (1)

I got my Raspberry Pi delivered today. I'm still waiting for a few more parts before I can assemble it and set up my very own LN node. Hopefully I'll get the rest of the parts before the weekend.

I've spent the past few days reading guides and watching various tutorials about the lightning network. I'm very eager to get this thing up and running.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10161

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 09, 2022, 10:31:30 PM

The more that we find out, the more implausible the whole story seems -... yet we do know that some dumb peeps do exist in this world, but somehow they might end up coming across fortunes of BTC or some other cryptos.  Something is missing in this story in terms of transferring online and into one wallet rather than maybe having some coins spread in various other places..

The only way i can try to shoehorn sense into this one is she has synesthesia, which means she is likely autistic which would explain both the really odd art/communication style, and could also account for an unusual ability to manipulate computer systems.

But yeah...  even that sounds like craziness, really.  Something/someone else has to have been involved.

Recently, I did watch the 1988 movie Rainman.. Maybe something like that is going on?  Wink
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2895

View Profile
February 09, 2022, 10:35:14 PM

I got my Raspberry Pi delivered today. I'm still waiting for a few more parts before I can assemble it and set up my very own LN node. Hopefully I'll get the rest of the parts before the weekend.

I've spent the past few days reading guides and watching various tutorials about the lightning network. I'm very eager to get this thing up and running.

They still haven't told me a delivery date for the Raspberry Pi4. They must be selling like hotcakes. I'm also waiting for the SSD case. Early March. Go figure...  Roll Eyes
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4871

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
February 09, 2022, 10:57:42 PM

Was a billionaire yesterday...

Q:
How it’s possible they were so stupid to keep their private key on plain text on a cloud service?

A:

Actually this looks exactly like someone that would be stupid enough to be used as a cutout and get busted but whoever was actually behind it is not stupid enough to use cloud storage.

Possibly they were setup with a deal involved to be the "masterminds".
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4871

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
February 09, 2022, 10:59:41 PM

Jesus Christ WHO has not had covid???

Besides JJG, bots don't get covid...yet!

I think we've all had it by now, I guess it meets the definition of a pandemic.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2022, 11:01:22 PM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2022, 12:01:27 AM

Explanation
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
February 10, 2022, 12:11:11 AM

What they going to do?

Are they going to end up scaring bitcoin outside of the US?    Is there going to be any kind of distinction between Bitcoin and shitcoins?  or is that going to be part of the upcoming mistake?

Well... I see this with a lot of nuance.  But there are several things they could try to do that would be ultimately futile, but could cause some nasty ripples (pun not intended... but then...) as well as harm to certain individuals.  As a US citizen I could be in that bucket, sadly.

First there is the precedent of Executive Order 6102.  I think this is unlikely, but not impossible.  Right now all governments including the US gvmt are not doing well in the reputation and confidence arena.  And that kind of move by an administration that is fairly well hated by everyone but the choir would likely not go over well for them.  Also the Bitcoin virus has already spread so far and deeply that not only would this be bad for many businesses, but it would hurt individual government folks.  And there are also several other practical differences that I will not take the time to go into here.  But that is one route forward.

Another, is if they were to pull a China and ban bitcoin or more likely try to neuter bitcoin by regulation.  Again, they are way too late, and this will not stop bitcoin no matter what they do.  It will just hurt the US.  But the amount of stupid we have been seeing from our government as well as the amount of evil... well I would not put it past them.

At this point several people would say "Well it's just the US.  This can't stop bitcoin".  And that is true! But it could hurt the US and it's citizens (me!). But, on the other hand this would also be a reality they would see if there is a peanut in any of their heads.

Anyway... It is not impossible for there to be a bad move made on the part of my country, and honestly?  I like at least what my country USED to stand for too much to see that happen.  Plus if they take away everything I have worked hard for I will be double pissed.

But wait 'till you hear my flip side theory.  Hehe... It's a doozy.  

Next post.
hisslyness

Activity: 722
Merit: 1692

View Profile
February 10, 2022, 12:12:50 AM
Merited by Krubster (1)

Awesome!.. Will have a 5Msat channel waiting for you as well!
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
February 10, 2022, 12:30:29 AM
Last edit: February 10, 2022, 12:55:48 AM by cAPSLOCK
Merited by El duderino_ (5), JayJuanGee (1), AlcoHoDL (1), Arriemoller (1), Gachapin (1)

cAPS: Flip side theory.

This is not a new theory, but I have never taken it seriously until today.  But I also give it very little credence.  It's a wild ass crazy thing.

Central Banks have been rushing around trying to figure out how to make a digital currency for a decade now.  They are getting closer to a test that I would have thought possible.  But they are super far behind.  And you KNOW they know they are fucked.

What if... the most powerful central bank hired... uhh... I dunno, say the inventor of SHA256 to develop a viral, unbeatable new world currency that they would control to the extent it would be possible considering the fact that one reason that it would be viral is that it is TRULY a decentralized system.  Or, even better the FED did NOT hire them, but instead it was launched by a secret (possibly even rogue) element in our intelligence world.

Say they just released it on the cypherpunks mailing list under some pseudonym Nakamoto, SAtoshi and did everything they could surreptitiously to help it catch on?  How would they control it, you ask?  Well they wouldn't once it was launched.  But they would be able to virtually "premine" more of it than anyone else.  And then someday after it gained worldwide traction and the price of it stabilized they could come clean (or not?  I am not sure about this part) and  introduce a plan to monetize the USGvmt with the Satoshi coins?

This would be the perfect way to launch the worlds dominant CDBC.  And ahead of all the competition.  And it would be done in a way that would be both a gift to the world, and a great benefit to the creating country.

How would this government act during the first 20 years of it's existence?  Well they would act disinterested.  They would slow play their hand.  They would act like they did not really SEE the risk.  And most of them would not know because it would be ultra-argon-xoomax Top Secret.  They would not make it illegal... and they would wait on OTHER COUNTRIES, perhaps even their enemies to take it up first and embed their economies with it.  Some of them would bitch and scream, but over all they would just go on printing dollars like usual.  Well more than usual.  They would be printing them faster and faster.  They saw this coming too after all.

Then after Russia, and perhaps China, and some other economies adopt it... after it is safe to do so, they could begin to pull the curtain back, and though this might cause all kinds of temporary instability the game theory here works itself out pretty fast as well.

*Sigh*.  I can only wish that the US government, or ANY of them for that matter was wise enough to think up a thing like this...

But the result will end up the same no matter what.  This monetary avalanche is well underway and unstoppable at this point.  There will be winners and losers, of course, but it will not be stopped.  At least I do not think so.

Anyway... I said it was crazy and do not claim it to be original... I mean I have never read anyone else really try to flesh it out, but I know people have theorized it.)  But all the things that have happened?  They can actually fit a theory like this fairly well...  lol.  An obviously I have Americentricized this.  It could be many other world powers that did it...
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2022, 01:01:21 AM

Explanation
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2022, 01:05:59 AM

cAPS: Flip side theory.

This is not a new theory, but I have never taken it seriously until today.  But I also give it very little credence.  It's a wild ass crazy thing.

Central Banks have been rushing around trying to figure out how to make a digital currency for a decade now.  They are getting closer to a test that I would have thought possible.  But they are super far behind.  And you KNOW they know they are fucked.

What if... the most powerful central bank hired... uhh... I dunno, say the inventor of SHA256 to develop a viral, unbeatable new world currency that they would control to the extent it would be possible considering the fact that one reason that it would be viral is that it is TRULY a decentralized system.  Or, even better the FED did NOT hire them, but instead it was launched by a secret (possibly even rogue) element in our intelligence world.

Say they just released it on the cypherpunks mailing list under some pseudonym Nakamoto, SAtoshi and did everything they could surreptitiously to help it catch on?  How would they control it, you ask?  Well they wouldn't once it was launched.  But they would be able to virtually "premine" more of it than anyone else.  And then someday after it gained worldwide traction and the price of it stabilized they could come clean (or not?  I am not sure about this part) and  introduce a plan to monetize the USGvmt with the Satoshi coins?

This would be the perfect way to launch the worlds dominant CDBC.  And ahead of all the competition.  And it would be done in a way that would be both a gift to the world, and a great benefit to the creating country.

How would this government act during the first 20 years of it's existence?  Well they would act disinterested.  They would slow play their hand.  They would act like they did not really SEE the risk.  And most of them would not know because it would be ultra-argon-xoomax Top Secret.  They would not make it illegal... and they would wait on OTHER COUNTRIES, perhaps even their enemies to take it up first and embed their economies with it.  Some of them would bitch and scream, but over all they would just go on printing dollars like usual.  Well more than usual.  They would be printing them faster and faster.  They saw this coming too after all.

Then after Russia, and perhaps China, and some other economies adopt it... after it is safe to do so, they could begin to pull the curtain back, and though this might cause all kinds of temporary instability the game theory here works itself out pretty fast as well.

*Sigh*.  I can only wish that the US government, or ANY of them for that matter was wise enough to think up a thing like this...

But the result will end up the same no matter what.  This monetary avalanche is well underway and unstoppable at this point.  There will be winners and losers, of course, but it will not be stopped.  At least I do not think so.

Anyway... I said it was crazy and do not claim it to be original... I mean I have never read anyone else really try to flesh it out, but I know people have theorized it.)  But all the things that have happened?  They can actually fit a theory like this fairly well...  lol.  An obviously I have Americentricized this.  It could be many other world powers that did it...

Dude they already did it BTC is the name of it. Grin
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
February 10, 2022, 01:35:14 AM
Last edit: February 10, 2022, 02:31:28 AM by jojo69

https://salesfolk.com/

Areview of the transactions in and out of this account, as supported by the business records and the
BTC blockchain, indicate that the purported Endpass account was not used for this purpose at all,
as it conducted zero transactions via this financial services business. Rather, for the period of
March 2018 to October 2020, the bulk of the funds received were from approximately five wires
from VCE 8, totaling over $758,000. The only other significant deposit to the account was an
approximately $11,000 U.S. Small Business Administration Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
loan advance provided in response to the COVID-19 crisis
Pages: « 1 ... 30089 30090 30091 30092 30093 30094 30095 30096 30097 30098 30099 30100 30101 30102 30103 30104 30105 30106 30107 30108 30109 30110 30111 30112 30113 30114 30115 30116 30117 30118 30119 30120 30121 30122 30123 30124 30125 30126 30127 30128 30129 30130 30131 30132 30133 30134 30135 30136 30137 30138 [30139] 30140 30141 30142 30143 30144 30145 30146 30147 30148 30149 30150 30151 30152 30153 30154 30155 30156 30157 30158 30159 30160 30161 30162 30163 30164 30165 30166 30167 30168 30169 30170 30171 30172 30173 30174 30175 30176 30177 30178 30179 30180 30181 30182 30183 30184 30185 30186 30187 30188 30189 ... 33304 »
  Print  

Jump to: