April 26, 2024, 02:41:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 30146 30147 30148 30149 30150 30151 30152 30153 30154 30155 30156 30157 30158 30159 30160 30161 30162 30163 30164 30165 30166 30167 30168 30169 30170 30171 30172 30173 30174 30175 30176 30177 30178 30179 30180 30181 30182 30183 30184 30185 30186 30187 30188 30189 30190 30191 30192 30193 30194 30195 [30196] 30197 30198 30199 30200 30201 30202 30203 30204 30205 30206 30207 30208 30209 30210 30211 30212 30213 30214 30215 30216 30217 30218 30219 30220 30221 30222 30223 30224 30225 30226 30227 30228 30229 30230 30231 30232 30233 30234 30235 30236 30237 30238 30239 30240 30241 30242 30243 30244 30245 30246 ... 33302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368001 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2994

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
February 23, 2022, 08:02:21 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Getting older can make it more difficult to recover from anything, and I remember sometimes in my 20s that I would go for a run when I was extremely sick.. and I am not really sure if that was good for me, but the energy was there to be able to do it.

Oh also if you become bed-laden and you are in your 20s or 30s, frequently, you can build back muscle, but as you get older it becomes quite a bit more difficult to build back muscle.. some guys do take testosterone... but then that could interfere with your body's natural abilities to produce testosterone.. I have not tried anything like that so I am not speaking from personal experiences.. but I can see how it could become quite tempting to supplement in order to build and maintain muscle.. because sometimes you can ONLY exercise so much when you get older. believe it or not.. I am speaking from personal experience in that regard.

As a CFS sufferer, i can only exercise without pain and medium stamina, as well as less after effects, when i take the right supps.
Otherwise daily "routine" like sitting upright, for example, is causing muscle pain. Daily workout is a must for me, because it's more difficult to gain/keep muscle mass, compared to normies in my age.

But regardless of that, i found that doing exercises half speed, preferably even slower, has a better effect on building muscle. As a bonus, it's easier on the tendons and joints as well. I do not take Testosterone, but i am using Bromelaine, which (also) plays a role in Testosterone synthesis within the body.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aesma

Activity: 2380
Merit: 916

fly or die

View Profile
February 23, 2022, 08:14:38 PM

Which crypto exchanges are promoting owning ones' keys, aka not store corn on said exchanges ?

It would be like a bank promoting stuffing cash under one's mattress.

I don't know if I would want to support such exchange, or to avoid it.
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2895

View Profile
February 23, 2022, 08:21:49 PM

I just think the Canadian government is a bit clueless. They could have avoided some ridicule had they asked someone in the know before even talking about seizing coins in noncustodial wallets.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10150

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 23, 2022, 08:39:35 PM

If the price don't touch this trendline, I will never post any TA ever on bitcointalk.

That chart and trendline is ridiculous..   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You are seeming to show that you have not learned anything... even after some recent promises that you made that you would try harder.. blah blah blah.

Regarding your promise to go away if the trendline is not touched.... many of us have heard those kinds of vacuous promises from disingenuine troll twats in the past.. and they are not always true to their promise.. but sometimes they do end up going away.. just because their track record is just filled with so much incredible ridiculous bullshit that they end up losing any kind of meaningful credibility... so I will believe it when I see it.. hard to prove a negative.. right?
Copetech

Activity: 370
Merit: 451

View Profile
February 23, 2022, 08:47:57 PM

If the price don't touch this trendline, I will never post any TA ever on bitcointalk.

That chart and trendline is ridiculous..   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You are seeming to show that you have not learned anything... even after some recent promises that you made that you would try harder.. blah blah blah.

Regarding your promise to go away if the trendline is not touched.... many of us have heard those kinds of vacuous promises from disingenuine troll twats in the past.. and they are not always true to their promise.. but sometimes they do end up going away.. just because their track record is just filled with so much incredible ridiculous bullshit that they end up losing any kind of meaningful credibility... so I will believe it when I see it.. hard to prove a negative.. right?

A little confused...
I see:

I don't see anything about "promise to go away"... just no more TA... Right!?!

And as to this so-called TA-

ImThour, are you seriously betting your TA privileges on a touch down to $25k territory? Because with no wordenings to go with your chartening, that's what it looks like to me. Bold Bearish call that! I'll miss your attempts at TA.
-Cope
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 7764

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2022, 08:53:13 PM

For those of us who have been in bitcoin for a while it becomes difficult to shave off bitcoin during these dipping times, even if the BTCs might well be in considerable profits....

Getting older can make it more difficult to recover from anything, and I remember sometimes in my 20s that I would go for a run when I was extremely sick.. and I am not really sure if that was good for me, but the energy was there to be able to do it.

Oh also if you become bed-laden and you are in your 20s or 30s, frequently, you can build back muscle, but as you get older it becomes quite a bit more difficult to build back muscle.. some guys do take testosterone... but then that could interfere with your body's natural abilities to produce testosterone.. I have not tried anything like that so I am not speaking from personal experiences.. but I can see how it could become quite tempting to supplement in order to build and maintain muscle.. because sometimes you can ONLY exercise so much when you get older. believe it or not.. I am speaking from personal experience in that regard.

True. I was attending a gym for like 10 years and some guys were taking testosterone... well after some time your balls stop functioning and you only depend on your testosterone shots... it's a bit like chemical castration actually...

There were several 70+ guys visiting the gym I trained at and they were really beefy and fit and stuff but I have to say all of them usually disappeared after a really short time... my guess is a heart attack...  Sad

The issue with supplements and keeping your balls still working means dropping a load 7-10 times a week as part of your training.

male ejaculate has lots of testosterone in it.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/1030919/

read up on guys like babe ruth he ate tons of oysters and had many woman. thus he balanced his testosterone.

read up on Roger Clemons he used a young olympic girl  to drain himont a steady basis.

It kept him balanced and the gymnast got hormones to aid in her muscle building.

Lots of athletes do this.

Read about Arnold when he was Mr Universe steroid were legal and he was a big womanizer
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
February 23, 2022, 09:01:27 PM

Explanation
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
February 23, 2022, 09:06:50 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), AlcoHoDL (1)

For those of us who have been in bitcoin for a while it becomes difficult to shave off bitcoin during these dipping times, even if the BTCs might well be in considerable profits....

True. I was attending a gym for like 10 years and some guys were taking testosterone... well after some time your balls stop functioning and you only depend on your testosterone shots... it's a bit like chemical castration actually...

There were several 70+ guys visiting the gym I trained at and they were really beefy and fit and stuff but I have to say all of them usually disappeared after a really short time... my guess is a heart attack...  Sad

The issue with supplements and keeping your balls still working means dropping a load 7-10 times a week as part of your training.

read up on guys like babe ruth he ate tons of oysters and had many woman. thus he balanced his testosterone.

read up on Roger Clemons he used a young olympic girl  to drain himont a steady basis.

It kept him balanced and the gymnast got hormones to aid in her muscle building.

Read about Arnold when he was Mr Universe steroid were legal and he was a big womanizer

1. Eat meat, fish, chicken, eggs, and drink whole milk, drink protein shakes.

2. Lift weights.

3. Fuck and/or jack off a lot.

4. DON'T take steroids or testosterone therapy.
BobLawblaw
Legendary

Activity: 1822
Merit: 5551

Neighborhood Shenanigans Dispenser

View Profile
February 23, 2022, 09:15:54 PM
Merited by cAPSLOCK (5), El duderino_ (5), AlcoHoDL (1)

Great to have you back to the lightning network again btw!

I sincerely apologize for "dumping" the state of my node and needing a soft reset for a little bit.

Life is has become a little bit more complex for me lately, and the way I had set the node up previously was really too much for me to handle.

JJG and many of you would likely call this "Bob drama", and that's another discussion... all I can say is sorry for being a little bit overly emotional in my actions at times.

It's not something I am proud of, and something I am seeking to improve upon in meat space - trying to prevent myself from becoming overloaded and "blowing up" for lack of a better term.

Being stuck in this stupid meat-husk is retarded.

I figure my "big boi" strategy will be much more manageable, with the way I have set my default 1000/250 connection fees to prevent parasitism.

Then recognized it's not so much about balance, as it is finding "something" to manage the fees - leading me to discover the "charge-lnd" script.

Back to it... with hopefully much less stress now.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2022, 09:23:14 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2022, 09:33:19 PM by JayJuanGee
Merited by AlcoHoDL (3)

Tough situation for those of us who haven't reached the FU status yet. If your stash is not FU level yet, you have to limit hooker/blow consumption and postpone the Lambo part.  Grin  

For sure, these are not easy choices... because if you are really close to fuck you status.. even within 50% - it seems as if inevitably you are going to get to fuck you status, and you just have to make sure that you are at least maintaining and not depleting from your BTC stash.

I am presuming entry-level of $2million based on 208-week moving average fuck you status based on something like my description in this post.

I am not really sure about how to say it better but most likely you should not be spending much if anything from your BTC stash until you have actually reached fuck you status.. but maybe that is too strict - because I understand that there could be ways in which guys have overallocated into bitcoin, so it is not easy to make blanket statements in that respect.....

Maybe a hypothetical will do, here?  Yes, guys are not necessarily going to agree with the terms of my hypothetical, but I want to attempt to describe someone who is on a very good trajectory to get to fuck you status, but has not quite reached it yet.

This hypothetical guy's investment portfolio/assets looks something like this:

30 BTC - 200-week moving average value $600k  (spot price value $1.1 million - we go by the 200-week moving average value to determine FU status - even though there are options that part of this could be cashed out or put into various other assets)

$250k  various other quasi-liquid investments including equities, 401ks etc

$80k  equity in not very liquid assets (such as property, personal residence, business interests - but could borrow against.. perhaps.. if needed)

$30k  cash or cash equivalents.. (floating kind of balance and some of this is already dedicated to bitcoin buying on dips and DCA)

$20k credit line - (could borrow with relatively low interest rates - maybe 3-5% per year, if needed)

$800 extra cashflow per month after various expenses that could be put into bitcoin or any other investments (also extra $2k per year that comes in at various times, not exactly predictably that can be invested)

$4.5k  per month - Regular monthly expenses

I agree that such hypothetical guy as outlined above has to be careful in terms of spending on hookers, lambos and blow..,. and of course, there are variations regarding how close to fuck you status a guy might be that do need to account for timeline considerations too.. ...

The hypothetical guy who reached fuck you status and ONLY has BTC would need to have right around 100BTC currently.. and surely, I am not going to assume that it is really practical or prudent for any guy to be 100% in bitcoin, and I would presume that the hypothetical guy above who has some diversity in his holdings of value is in a much better position by not having everything in bitcoin, even though, either way, he is not quite yet at fuck you status in the above hypothetical, even though he would not necessarily have to have 100BTC to reach entry level fuck you status if he were to have those other assets (circumstances) described above (because the other assets each have a bitcoin value to them, but holding value in various ways other than bitcoin will likely provide more options and also BTC volatility insurance).

Edit:
I reread your post serveria, and for sure I probably should attempt to clarify my perception of entry-level fuck you status would not likely be able to be too extravagant in the hookers, lambos and blow department.. because entry-level fuck you status brings you liberty to not have a job (makes a job optional).. and getting into higher levels of consumption likely does mean getting quite a bit passed entry-level fuck you status.  Of course, entry-level fuck you status could be reached upon low level of capital/principle so long as consumption is not very high.. so just off the top of my head in terms of attempting to mainstream entry-level fuck you status at having $2million of capital/principle, to enter into hooker, lambos and blow status, it is likely that 2-3x of entry-level would likely need to be reached.. and of course, as a matter of priorities, it surely is possible that hookers, lambo and blow could be reached/consumed at lower levels of fuck you status.. yet it seems to me that hookers, lambos and blow is meant to indicate a higher level of extravagance/ability to spend fuck you status than what I would consider to be "entry-level"  YMMV credit to Toxicmoxic
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2895

View Profile
February 23, 2022, 09:28:13 PM
Merited by machasm (1)

Aaw, the unimaginable sacrifices we have to go through to keep our body functioning!
It's very hard. All this suffering may bend lesser men, but I'm ready to do what I have to.
Now - where are all the olympic girls? Hm, none in sight?
Actually, I could even settle for unolympic milfs if it comes to that.
Of course, I'd have to be able to, hm, take a look, before committing to the ordeal.
Oh, the trying toils! Oh, the unbreakable fiber!
Hardship, here I come! Here I come! Here I... ooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2022, 10:01:22 PM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2022, 10:04:06 PM

Which crypto exchanges are promoting owning ones' keys, aka not store corn on said exchanges ?

It would be like a bank promoting stuffing cash under one's mattress.

I don't know if I would want to support such exchange, or to avoid it.

The article already says that the Canadian Govt is upset with Coinbase/Kraken.. both have operations (at least for now) in Canada..

It is funny that some aspects of the Canadian Govt might be biting off more than they can chew with their recent attempts to "keep 'crypto' under wraps"   They are clearly and unambiguously signaling that Canada is not open to business in regards to bitcoin/crypto, which also shows that they are chasing away bitcoin/crypto which likely has some disadvantages...

Hey, if you want to do business in Canada, you need to be ready, willing and able to have all your funds seized up with little or no due process.  A friendly environment to invest capital/do business, right?

[edited out]
A little confused...
I see:

Yeah.. give the dweeb an "out".. that's helpful....     Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
February 23, 2022, 10:46:44 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), d_eddie (1), strawbs (1)

The article already says that the Canadian Govt is upset with Coinbase/Kraken.. both have operations (at least for now) in Canada..

Barbara Streisand effect.

That, along with the seizing or closer of personal bank accounts, is the single biggest advertisement for bitcoin that the Canadian govt could make.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2022, 11:01:23 PM

Explanation
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
February 23, 2022, 11:03:22 PM

... Richy_T, still got it, hilarious.

Copetech

Activity: 370
Merit: 451

View Profile
February 23, 2022, 11:17:22 PM

Quote from: Somebody about Something-or-other
[edited out]
A little confused...
I see:

Yeah.. give the dweeb an "out".. that's helpful....     Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Meh... he's just gotten a nice hat. Hate to see all that work go to waste.
DaRude
Legendary

Activity: 2778
Merit: 1789

In order to dump coins one must have coins

View Profile
February 23, 2022, 11:26:27 PM

Can we not politicize ChartBuddy?

How is it political? I even resisted the urge to add "Let's go, Brandon" to the background. By the way, let's go, Brandon.

Shame, putting ChartBuddy on ignore for now
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1645

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2022, 11:34:41 PM
Last edit: February 24, 2022, 12:26:12 AM by goldkingcoiner

Also, those who say why not bet on this if you are too sure, I don't trade. I look for opportunities to buy.
Saying that does not make it look like you're sure of yourself.

People won't take your "TA" seriously especially if you have nothing at stake yourself.

Your pseudo-TA bearish Bitcoin FUD is going to make enemies for you here. We are all staked in Bitcoin and we don't like to see people spreading FUD about Bitcoin. That FUD might scare weak hands into selling their bags and then hating Bitcoin because they lost money.
hisslyness

Activity: 722
Merit: 1692

View Profile
February 23, 2022, 11:56:23 PM
Merited by d_eddie (1)

Great to have you back to the lightning network again btw!

I sincerely apologize for "dumping" the state of my node and needing a soft reset for a little bit.

Life is has become a little bit more complex for me lately, and the way I had set the node up previously was really too much for me to handle.

JJG and many of you would likely call this "Bob drama", and that's another discussion... all I can say is sorry for being a little bit overly emotional in my actions at times.

It's not something I am proud of, and something I am seeking to improve upon in meat space - trying to prevent myself from becoming overloaded and "blowing up" for lack of a better term.

Being stuck in this stupid meat-husk is retarded.

I figure my "big boi" strategy will be much more manageable, with the way I have set my default 1000/250 connection fees to prevent parasitism.

Then recognized it's not so much about balance, as it is finding "something" to manage the fees - leading me to discover the "charge-lnd" script.

Back to it... with hopefully much less stress now.

Throbbing Sausage!.. I like it! Did you know there was another Throbbing Sausage about 2 years ago, was that your one as well?

Also, are you generating any inbound liquidity? Did you need any inbound?
Pages: « 1 ... 30146 30147 30148 30149 30150 30151 30152 30153 30154 30155 30156 30157 30158 30159 30160 30161 30162 30163 30164 30165 30166 30167 30168 30169 30170 30171 30172 30173 30174 30175 30176 30177 30178 30179 30180 30181 30182 30183 30184 30185 30186 30187 30188 30189 30190 30191 30192 30193 30194 30195 [30196] 30197 30198 30199 30200 30201 30202 30203 30204 30205 30206 30207 30208 30209 30210 30211 30212 30213 30214 30215 30216 30217 30218 30219 30220 30221 30222 30223 30224 30225 30226 30227 30228 30229 30230 30231 30232 30233 30234 30235 30236 30237 30238 30239 30240 30241 30242 30243 30244 30245 30246 ... 33302 »
  Print  

Jump to: