May 06, 2024, 07:35:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 30172 30173 30174 30175 30176 30177 30178 30179 30180 30181 30182 30183 30184 30185 30186 30187 30188 30189 30190 30191 30192 30193 30194 30195 30196 30197 30198 30199 30200 30201 30202 30203 30204 30205 30206 30207 30208 30209 30210 30211 30212 30213 30214 30215 30216 30217 30218 30219 30220 30221 [30222] 30223 30224 30225 30226 30227 30228 30229 30230 30231 30232 30233 30234 30235 30236 30237 30238 30239 30240 30241 30242 30243 30244 30245 30246 30247 30248 30249 30250 30251 30252 30253 30254 30255 30256 30257 30258 30259 30260 30261 30262 30263 30264 30265 30266 30267 30268 30269 30270 30271 30272 ... 33326 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26372745 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
February 27, 2022, 08:01:20 AM

Explanation
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fillippone
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 15470

Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2022, 08:40:01 AM
Last edit: May 15, 2023, 01:55:57 PM by fillippone

Fillippone lateral sight is still eagle eye sharp!

Hey Gang!
This piece of art is still available!
Used to be 18K Eur “only”! Maybe some discount after 2 years…

goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1704

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2022, 08:53:18 AM

Fillippone lateral sight is still eagle eye sharp!

Hey Gang!
This piece of art is still available!
10K Eur only!

I declare these gold bars and Bitcoins independent currencies and therefore mine.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2022, 09:01:26 AM

Explanation
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
February 27, 2022, 09:13:45 AM

Seizure of Russian CB assets is a declaration of war. WW3 has just started. Nobody wins. The USA will become radioactive desert defending Nazi junta in Kiev. Psychopaths in London and Washington must tell this to people in the West!
eXPHorizon

Activity: 1176
Merit: 132

Precision Beats Power and Timing Beats Speed.

View Profile
February 27, 2022, 09:17:03 AM

https://youtu.be/TlTBGJI_EwE

In this crazy days we need something to laugh at  Grin

Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy   Grin  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

Made me member greatness!!! Cheesy Cheesy

I would merit you but I don't have any yet.  Cry  Cry  Cry

Was that satisfactory enough?? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Don't worry about them Merits Cheesy if you had a laughter out of this then there is the Merit i was looking for. Smiley

Very satisfactory

Grin
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2022, 10:01:20 AM

Explanation
somac.
Legendary

Activity: 2056
Merit: 1188

Never selling

View Profile
February 27, 2022, 10:14:02 AM

Seizure of Russian CB assets is a declaration of war. WW3 has just started. Nobody wins. The USA will become radioactive desert defending Nazi junta in Kiev. Psychopaths in London and Washington must tell this to people in the West!

Along with the SWIFT restrictions this is being a bit overblown I think. Their assets aren't being seized.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/devastating-move-us-weighs-sanctions-russias-central-bank-germany-backs-targeted

• Commit to ensuring that "selected Russian banks" are removed from the SWIFT messaging system: "This will ensure that these banks are disconnected from the international financial system and harm their ability to operate globally."
  • Commit to imposing "restrictive measures that will prevent the Russian Central Bank from deploying its international reserves in ways that undermine the impact of our sanctions."
  • Commit to "acting against the people and entities who facilitate the war in Ukraine" by taking measures to limit the sale of citizenship, so called golden passports, that let wealthy Russians connected to the Russian government become citizens
  • Commit to launching "a transatlantic task force that will ensure the effective implementation of our financial sanctions by identifying and freezing the assets of sanctioned individuals and companies that exist within our jurisdictions."
  • Stepping up or coordination against disinformation and other forms of hybrid warfare.

Also note that the Russian CB assets will continue to expand as Europe will continue their purchases of oil and gas. If the Russian CB can't make use of these assets because they have been frozen, they will no longer accept Euros for them and will instead demand payment in Rubles, Yuan, or BTC? If Europe doesn't pay, there will be no gas or oil. In other words, no way are they really freezing any Russian CB assets.
becoin
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2022, 10:36:05 AM

Kharkov the second largest city in Ukraine is liberated today. The population can now speak their mother language Russian without any fear.
modrobert

Activity: 355
Merit: 284

-"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

View Profile
February 27, 2022, 10:47:21 AM

Along with the SWIFT restrictions this is being a bit overblown I think. Their assets aren't being seized.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/devastating-move-us-weighs-sanctions-russias-central-bank-germany-backs-targeted

• Commit to ensuring that "selected Russian banks" are removed from the SWIFT messaging system: "This will ensure that these banks are disconnected from the international financial system and harm their ability to operate globally."
  • Commit to imposing "restrictive measures that will prevent the Russian Central Bank from deploying its international reserves in ways that undermine the impact of our sanctions."
  • Commit to "acting against the people and entities who facilitate the war in Ukraine" by taking measures to limit the sale of citizenship, so called golden passports, that let wealthy Russians connected to the Russian government become citizens
  • Commit to launching "a transatlantic task force that will ensure the effective implementation of our financial sanctions by identifying and freezing the assets of sanctioned individuals and companies that exist within our jurisdictions."
  • Stepping up or coordination against disinformation and other forms of hybrid warfare.

Also note that the Russian CB assets will continue to expand as Europe will continue their purchases of oil and gas. If the Russian CB can't make use of these assets because they have been frozen, they will no longer accept Euros for them and will instead demand payment in Rubles, Yuan, or BTC? If Europe doesn't pay, there will be no gas or oil. In other words, no way are they really freezing any Russian CB assets.

At first glance I thought this would be good for Bitcoin, but getting second thoughts, this could backfire and result in more BTC regulations.

I think the SWIFT restrictions will affect the common people (working class) of Russia the most, if some country wants to buy gas from Russia they can bypass all of this without using Bitcoin (or other crypto currency) easily. The rich will just flee to their luxury bunkers eventually if the war support (on both sides) keep going at this rate.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2022, 11:01:21 AM

Explanation
somac.
Legendary

Never selling

View Profile
February 27, 2022, 11:14:28 AM
Merited by modrobert (1)

At first glance I thought this would be good for Bitcoin, but getting second thoughts, this could backfire and result in more BTC regulations.

I think the SWIFT restrictions will affect the common people (working class) of Russia the most, if some country wants to buy gas from Russia they can bypass all of this without using Bitcoin (or other crypto currency) easily. The rich will just flee to their luxury bunkers eventually if the war support (on both sides) keep going at this rate.

Of course the restrictions will hurt the common folk the most, that's been proven over and over again. Sanctions do nothing but screw over the people. And you're right it may be bad for Bitcoin, but Russia will not be getting cut off, because to do that would mean that Europe will collapse. It's all talk. smoke and mirrors, the elites everywhere will be unaffected.
hisslyness

Activity: 722
Merit: 1692

View Profile
February 27, 2022, 11:24:52 AM
Merited by DaRude (1)

Of course the restrictions will hurt the common folk the most, that's been proven over and over again. Sanctions do nothing but screw over the people. And you're right it may be bad for Bitcoin, but Russia will not be getting cut off, because to do that would mean that Europe will collapse. It's all talk. smoke and mirrors, the elites everywhere will be unaffected.

This kind of reminds me of the post from satoshi....

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2216.msg29280#msg29280

modrobert

Activity: 355
Merit: 284

-"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

View Profile
February 27, 2022, 11:26:57 AM

I think you are right about the "smoke and mirrors" part, or at least that was the initial plan, but the ongoing warmongering on both sides is spinning out of control, hate feeds into more hate. After asking around among my friends, I'm the only one promoting peace at the moment, didn't get a single person in here to agree about that either (so far).
somac.
Legendary

Never selling

View Profile
February 27, 2022, 11:48:04 AM
Merited by jojo69 (5)

I think you are right about the "smoke and mirrors" part, or at least that was the initial plan, but the ongoing warmongering on both sides is spinning out of control, hate feeds into more hate. After asking around among my friends, I'm the only one promoting peace at the moment, didn't get a single person in here to agree about that either (so far).

It's a sports team thing. Most people love to support their team despite it being detrimental to them. The players on the team and owners get rich, as the supporters hand over their hard earned money on tickets and paraphernalia. The other team is of course the enemy and they must be yelled at and insulted. Pride is of paramount importance. It seems war is no different, a team is picked, history ignored, and the leaders (and a few soldiers/players) are made into heroic celebrities as the people starve and die in ditches.

We also bitch and bicker about who is wrong and why. All the while ignoring the real problem that starts all conflicts, which is having unrepresentative opaque governments with sociopathic celebrity leaders.
somac.
Legendary

Never selling

View Profile
February 27, 2022, 11:50:52 AM

This kind of reminds me of the post from satoshi....

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2216.msg29280#msg29280

Time will tell.
serveria.com
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1172

Privacy Servers. Since 2009.

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2022, 11:51:35 AM

I think the SWIFT restrictions will affect the common people (working class) of Russia the most,

True that. Today my daughter was warming up with a Russian girl before her tennis tournament and I had a quick chat with her dad. The guy was in shock: his credit cards stopped working yesterday and he wasn't sure he will be able to pay for the hotel.  Shocked
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2022, 12:01:27 PM

Explanation
becoin
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2022, 12:10:00 PM

Some experts even claim that cutting ties with SWIFT could be a positive development for Russia, as it could propel the spread of the Russian ruble as an international currency.

If hotels all over the world want guests from Russia they must start accepting rubles.
serveria.com
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1172

Privacy Servers. Since 2009.

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2022, 12:14:54 PM
Merited by somac. (1)

Some experts even claim that cutting ties with SWIFT could be a positive development for Russia, as it could propel the spread of the Russian ruble as an international currency.

If hotels all over the world want guests from Russia they must start accepting rubles.

Roubles? Why anybody would want rouble when there's BTC?  Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 30172 30173 30174 30175 30176 30177 30178 30179 30180 30181 30182 30183 30184 30185 30186 30187 30188 30189 30190 30191 30192 30193 30194 30195 30196 30197 30198 30199 30200 30201 30202 30203 30204 30205 30206 30207 30208 30209 30210 30211 30212 30213 30214 30215 30216 30217 30218 30219 30220 30221 [30222] 30223 30224 30225 30226 30227 30228 30229 30230 30231 30232 30233 30234 30235 30236 30237 30238 30239 30240 30241 30242 30243 30244 30245 30246 30247 30248 30249 30250 30251 30252 30253 30254 30255 30256 30257 30258 30259 30260 30261 30262 30263 30264 30265 30266 30267 30268 30269 30270 30271 30272 ... 33326 »
  Print  

Jump to: