May 10, 2024, 10:07:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 5422 5423 5424 5425 5426 5427 5428 5429 5430 5431 5432 5433 5434 5435 5436 5437 5438 5439 5440 5441 5442 5443 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 [5472] 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 5481 5482 5483 5484 5485 5486 5487 5488 5489 5490 5491 5492 5493 5494 5495 5496 5497 5498 5499 5500 5501 5502 5503 5504 5505 5506 5507 5508 5509 5510 5511 5512 5513 5514 5515 5516 5517 5518 5519 5520 5521 5522 ... 33340 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26381460 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
seleme
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028

Duelbits.com

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 01:47:56 AM

Nah, I think you guys are going over the line. He is not paid nor he will be awarded for his posts from anyone, there's nobody who would pay him to do it, tbh.
He is just intellectual troll who find this as some kind of perverse challenge for himself, he's probably licking his lips now how he is doing us here.
I've never seen anyone spending so much time on the subject he thinks it's a failure though, sad state of mind really.

If so, he does it in a very unreasonable way, unprofessional, not in a way expected from a guy supposedly educated in the scientific method and discussion with peers. [... ] This way of working is exactly what is to be expected from a paid shill, a false grassroot which is called astroturfing [ ... ] or you are ignorant, nonlogical, without common sense. It is also possible. Locked into a tunnel view, due to defect working of your left or right brain, broken, stupid, willfully ignorant, afraid, traumatized in your childhood. Something.

Now, you and the other guys who keep writing this sort of stuff, do you do it because

(A) you are frustrated with bitcoin price or something else, and need to vent your frustration on someone; or
  (B) you really meant to write that sort of stuff; or
  (C) you don't believe I can teach you a lesson you won't forget, and are calling my bluff?

If (A), fine, I am glad to be of service.

If (C), know that a man who knows his strength does not use it just to prove he has it.

You forgot (D) - I just think you're full of shit  Grin

Don't give a flying one about most of your intellectual rumblings unless you really cross a line with some utter bullshit Tongue
Like earlier today when you interpreted BTCCHina's announcement as the preparation of exchange closing. That was some level pro bullshitting Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 01:48:43 AM

Not only are they subject to FinCEN civil monetary penalties, but knowing failure to register a money transmitting business with FinCEN—or fail to register with state authorities when required—can be a federal criminal offense."

Mr. Cohen said the Treasury Department is working with other governments and multilateral institutions to seek to draft consistent rules for digital currencies around the world.
He said the international Financial Action Task Force, which sets standards for anti-money-laundering and counterterrorist financing practices, will later this year release a paper that will update common definitions for digital currencies and lay out potential benefits and vulnerabilities for the sector.

Game/set/match Mr. Seleme.  Grin
Where are they excluding non-US businesses from this regulation? It's the same thing as with the Bitcoin stock exchanges. As long as US customers are served, it is regulated by the US. But enough of this. None of us are lawyers I presume.

It is funny though how people here shout everything down that makes them feel uncomfortable. I also like how wind feels the need to insult me for it. Cheesy

That article doesn't make me feel uncomfortable. I called you a knucklehead because that's exactly how you act sometimes. You refused to say why this is relevant to today. You refused to acknowledge what others have said in response. You refused to concede an inch ever.

You just want to preach about how some people are just too in love with bitcoin. Ol' the great evil in our world - those foul souls too loyal and excited to bitcoin to understand a wall street journal article. Lol. I mean, really, come 'on man.
fonzie

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 01:49:40 AM

@Jorge

Could you please go beserk, you have been talking about this possibility for quite some time. Wink
fonzie

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 01:50:51 AM

The last time windjc and seleme were that agressive we were around 800$
Where´s Billie Jean btw? Busy buyin up all those cheap coins :-D
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 01:51:46 AM

What part of "I am short" did you not comprehend?
Davyd05

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 01:53:13 AM

Billy is selling his soul for more fiat, to then lock it into btc.

I really need to get to buying.. or sending money.. but I am some what content with my stash.. but 2 years from now I don't want to be saying I should have bought more on the dips.
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 01:54:10 AM

Could you please go beserk, you have been talking about this possibility for quite some time. Wink
Beserk? No, the lesson will be delivered calmly, with just a few keystrokes.  But it is not a decision to be taken lightly.
seleme
Legendary

Duelbits.com

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 01:54:43 AM

Hehe, that's MatTheCat school of thinking.. if you're not talking bullshit all the time and crying on each dollar's movement of BTC, spreading FUD etc.. you must be losing the money with current price, lol
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 01:55:40 AM

That article doesn't make me feel uncomfortable. I called you a knucklehead because that's exactly how you act sometimes. You refused to say why this is relevant to today. You refused to acknowledge what others have said in response. You refused to concede an inch ever.
I didn't answer because I thought it obvious. It's relevant always so long as Bitstamp is a major exchange. Might interest people who deal with them (I do too for lack of better options).

I didn't concede an inch because I see nothing to concede. Seems to me it is illegal in the same way as gambling and securities running outside of the US to have an exchange running outside of the US that does not comply with US regulations yet serves US customers. So I agree to disagree.
Walsoraj

Activity: 686

Ultranode

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 01:56:13 AM

If FINCEN can:

1) prohibit US banks from transacting with banks associated with non-compliant foreign exchanges; and/or

2) prohibit US companies such as Coinbase from transacting with non-compliant foreign exchanges,

then bitcoin bulls are fucked. These prohibitions around the same time as the china crackdown = $10 bitcoins by mid-summer.
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 01:57:29 AM

Then why are the altcoins still thriving?

There are no altcoins that are thriving.

You can have your opinion about the likelihood of bitcoin surviving, but the fact are that there is no justification now to claim that they will die, and bitcoin will not. 

I gave you several reasons.  Altcoins are mined to death.  Altcoins are pump-n-dump schemes.  

AUR just got forked into oblivion.  You can't even operate a blockchain without a large network.

Then there is the issue of vendor acceptance, currency exchange.  No matter how many times you are told, you don't seem to understand.  I don't think its because you are stupid.

The "first players advantage" and "network effect", if they were real, should have prevented the altcoins from starting. That they started and are thriving is proof that those advantages are not that significant.

"Thriving" is a fantasy, Jorge.  Your idea was proven wrong by history.  Revise it.

(I hope no one will claim that "bitcoin is now too big to fail".  Wink)

It is definitely too big to fail the way AUR just did.
seleme
Legendary

Duelbits.com

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 01:58:20 AM

I didn't answer because I thought it obvious. It's relevant always so long as Bitstamp is a major exchange. Might interest people who deal with them (I do too for lack of better options).

I didn't concede an inch because I see nothing to concede. Seems to me it is illegal in the same way as gambling and securities running outside of the US to have an exchange running outside of the US that does not comply with US regulations yet serves US customers. So I agree to disagree.

Yet the guy who talks about it on that article specifically saying:

Mr. Cohen said the Treasury Department is working with other governments and multilateral institutions to seek to draft consistent rules for digital currencies around the world. He said the international Financial Action Task Force, which sets standards for anti-money-laundering and counterterrorist financing practices, will later this year release a paper that will update common definitions for digital currencies and lay out potential benefits and vulnerabilities for the sector.
seleme
Legendary

Duelbits.com

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 02:01:06 AM

If FINCEN can:

1) prohibit US banks from transacting with banks associated with non-compliant foreign exchanges; and/or

2) prohibit US companies such as Coinbase from transacting with non-compliant foreign exchanges,

then we are fucked. These prohibitions around the same time as the china crackdown = $10 bitcoins by mid-summer.

I agree with that of course. Blocking US money coming to exchanges would not be good.

But then again, there are already FINCEN compliant exchanges that could take the business from US customers, and there will be many more professional ones by the end of this year that would take lot of that business from all current exchanges anyway.

So, it's barely an issue. If USA ever moves against current set of exchanges it will be to make a room for some US exchanges to thrive. More taxes for USA, lobbying stuff etc, etc.. making the end of the world from it is nothing more but FUD as anyone with half brain could take same logical reasoning why it is not that as I did.
Davyd05

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 02:01:11 AM

It regards to this debate of exchanges.. CaVirtEx follows strict KYC and AML ..and have yet to be successfully defrauded of a dollar as of the march 2014 video update and now monthly planned newsletter
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10233

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 02:02:40 AM

its telling me go short.

I do NOT understand why the bottom line is shorter than the top one.  You are just trying to line them up with what you consider to be logical points?   I am NOT suggesting any manipulation.. I am just wondering, since there seems to be quite a bit of line drawing variation.

im not sure what you mean by the bottom line shorter, do you mean why have I shaved off the tip of the low?

because Im trying to illustrate what I believe is a wedge to the best of my ability, not because it's shaped like a pretty triangle, but because it is a contracting range, and liquidity is dry.

Those lines meet the points of greatest co-incidence. Also notice how the bottom was quickly rejected out of the the territory of 465, and rested on the lower trend line I have drawn.

I don't know enough about line drawing in order to know the more relevant questions to ask.  My initial impression was that the top line was measuring from a different time period; however, if you are saying that this chart is measuring BTC performance from the same time period ( one day or two days or three days), then fine.. you may want to use that as a guide to decide probabilities that BTC price is going to go in one direction or another.

In other words, I may have initially misread the time period for which you were drawing the lines...
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 02:03:35 AM

Mr. Cohen said the Treasury Department is working with other governments and multilateral institutions to seek to draft consistent rules for digital currencies around the world. He said the international Financial Action Task Force, which sets standards for anti-money-laundering and counterterrorist financing practices, will later this year release a paper that will update common definitions for digital currencies and lay out potential benefits and vulnerabilities for the sector.
I saw it, but I don't understand why them working on internationally harmonizing AML/KYC rules in the future would change the present regulations where exchanges must be registered. Are you assuming they will not enforce it until they come to an understanding with other governments?
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 02:04:42 AM

Those who spread FUD and those who feel like Bitcoin's community have wronged them always seek to paint doom and glom scenarios as everyday conversation. Those who feel let down by the bitcoin community or are aggravated by bitcoin enthusiasts would rather hurt bitcoin than see those people happy.
KFR

Activity: 560

Per ardua ad luna

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 02:05:08 AM

Beserk? No, the lesson will be delivered calmly, with just a few keystrokes.  But it is not a decision to be taken lightly.

Are you actually threatening people now?  I guess something must have touched a nerve. Sad

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10233

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 02:05:38 AM

So the reason why the price is cheap is: somebody wants to do it, but they cannot coerce people to sell if they believe that it goes to the moon. So they instill as much fear as possible. Pretty well done..  Roll Eyes Just remember - you only make money if you BUY in this kind of situations and SELL when it is toppy. Other way round you are sheep, baa baa.
Rather: the reason price is still up is because those who hold thousands of coins need other people to invest so that the price will go up. So they pay for ads and positive reviews, to keep spreading lies and hiding the uncomfortable facts.   Tongue

Jorgi, are you a paid troll? Serious question.
Of course the answer is not.  Are you a paid salesman?

Why so defensive?? If you are a paid troll, are you allowed to deny it? I guess you would be. But your defensiveness makes it seem like you're more guilty.

You are just being argumentative Windjc...  for a couple of reasons... first of all, Jorge has denied this accusation several times and second, even if it were true, he is NOT going to admit it... so, it is a waste of time to ask or to continue to ask and it seems to be just provoking an argument for NO Apparent good reason...

seleme
Legendary

Duelbits.com

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 02:06:37 AM

I saw it, but I don't understand why them working on internationally harmonizing AML/KYC rules in the future would change the present regulations where exchanges must be registered. Are you assuming they will not enforce it until they come to an understanding with other governments?

I am not assuming anything about any world's government rules, they can do whatever they want really. But I am looking at current situation and don't see it as threat.

USA is pretty friendly to Bitcoin and unless they are making us all fools Tongue they won't do anything hard to harm it.

And again as I wrote in answer to Walsoraj, we already have FINCEN registered exchanges and many more to come so it's not an issue at all. If Bitstamp is not good to do the business with USA (and they made enough money to register with FINCEN if required) someone else will do.
Pages: « 1 ... 5422 5423 5424 5425 5426 5427 5428 5429 5430 5431 5432 5433 5434 5435 5436 5437 5438 5439 5440 5441 5442 5443 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 [5472] 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 5481 5482 5483 5484 5485 5486 5487 5488 5489 5490 5491 5492 5493 5494 5495 5496 5497 5498 5499 5500 5501 5502 5503 5504 5505 5506 5507 5508 5509 5510 5511 5512 5513 5514 5515 5516 5517 5518 5519 5520 5521 5522 ... 33340 »
  Print  

Jump to: