May 03, 2024, 09:00:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 30645 30646 30647 30648 30649 30650 30651 30652 30653 30654 30655 30656 30657 30658 30659 30660 30661 30662 30663 30664 30665 30666 30667 30668 30669 30670 30671 30672 30673 30674 30675 30676 30677 30678 30679 30680 30681 30682 30683 30684 30685 30686 30687 30688 30689 30690 30691 30692 30693 30694 [30695] 30696 30697 30698 30699 30700 30701 30702 30703 30704 30705 30706 30707 30708 30709 30710 30711 30712 30713 30714 30715 30716 30717 30718 30719 30720 30721 30722 30723 30724 30725 30726 30727 30728 30729 30730 30731 30732 30733 30734 30735 30736 30737 30738 30739 30740 30741 30742 30743 30744 30745 ... 33319 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26371579 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 7836

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2022, 01:26:35 AM

someone needs to cut a piece off buddy and graft a number 3

watch it, phil. u get baned for threatening to dismember the robot.

Newbie question here:  Is it prohibited to threaten or extort ChartBuddy?

Nope upgrading and modding the bot. is okay. Shredding buddy is a no-no.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
June 02, 2022, 02:03:27 AM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2022, 03:03:33 AM

Explanation
AnotherAlt

Activity: 280
Merit: 259

https://bitcoincleanup.com #EndTheFUD

View Profile
June 02, 2022, 03:59:07 AM

JUST IN - Florida House candidate: My donors "don’t want to use U.S. dollars. They want to use BTC#bitcoin." 🇺🇸

https://twitter.com/BitcoinMagazine/status/1532044503506362368?s=20&t=he2aknpc6JfRg0UKW4nPuw
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2022, 04:01:20 AM

Explanation
Blue King

Activity: 84
Merit: 22

View Profile
June 02, 2022, 04:44:31 AM

Always bullish Bitcoin.

https://twitter.com/BitcoinMagazine/status/1532157021293887489
death_wish

Activity: 70
Merit: 320

Take profit in BTC. Account PnL in BTC. BTC=money.

View Profile
June 02, 2022, 04:49:07 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), Copetech (1)

Nonpartisan Money: Depolarizing Bitcoin

Do not shoot the messenger....

[...]

Do not fucking @ me with some blah blah attack on Ted.... not interested..... just sharing for prosperity, info and interest.

[...discussion of Cruz...]

That video was edited by an idiot.

Thanks for passing that along.  The editing by that random crypto-shill Youtube channel is blatantly dishonest.  No one with even the slightest sense of ethics would stitch together clips of words and phrases like that.

The very first result in a non-Google search finds the source:

Better to spread links to the source than to the poorly-edited “please like muh crypto youtube channel” ripoff.

I don’t have time to watch this video (or any video), and I am generally uninterested in U.S. partisan politics.  Too bad, what’s going on there affects Bitcoin; and what I’ve seen in the headlines lately looks worrisome.  Perhaps I may peruse the video later.

[...]

just sharing for [posterity?], info and interest.

It’s sad to see this.

There have always been people from the left in Bitcoin.  I don’t recall ever having seen this type of apologizing or defensiveness for linking to their opinions about Bitcoin.

I don’t usually follow this type of stuff.  The apologizing is what caught my attention here.

Bitcoin is the most political form of money ever invented, but it is nonpartisan money with respect to modern partisan politics.  That is one of Bitcoin’s key strengths.  The polarization of Bitcoin would weaken it.

I think that everyone should feel welcome in Bitcoin.

Liberals who care about fairness, equality, and human rights, who want money without institutional biases—money that resists the imposition of structural biases.  I’m not surprised to see people in underprivileged countries reaching out to Bitcoin as a lifeline.

Conservatives who want sound money, fiscal responsibility, and individual freedom.  I’m not surprised to see the Heritage Foundation taking an interest in Bitcoin.

That’s not compromise.  It is a principle, and it is also political savvy.

Bitcoin is like the customary rules of international diplomacy:  It applies to friends and enemies alike, it benefits everyone, and it’s in everyone’s self-interest to accord this benefit to everyone else.

The polarization of Bitcoin could ruin that.
death_wish

Activity: 70
Merit: 320

Take profit in BTC. Account PnL in BTC. BTC=money.

View Profile
June 02, 2022, 04:57:43 AM

$260mil longs liquidated in minutes, most of them in BFX. It seems that around 75 longs each for 1mil to 1.26mil belong to 1 person. This is quite a loss. May the Lord has mercy on this n00b soul. And this is why we are in a bear market. When we have even one such whale fool to buy high and sell low, all bullish scenarios go south.

Edit: Things are getting even funnier: The bigger part of this long liquidation happened earlier today with $200mil liquidated on Bitfinex from 31800 to 31500. Some n00b was clearly trying to win the jackpot with a 100x leverage. So, in that case he lost all his $200mil long position. Well played, mate. Cheers for the imbecile!  Grin Grin Grin

n00b question here:  Does BFX offer 100x leverage on spot BTC, or only on perps?  (Are we talking about perps here, or actual BTC impacting the market on liquidation?)

Totally off-topic, I disagree with some people here about derivatives.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2022, 05:01:19 AM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10209

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 02, 2022, 05:37:00 AM
Merited by El duderino_ (6), death_wish (1)

[edited out]
........if this discussion didn’t involve me, then your question would have me thinking quietly to myself, What’s the next move?  Where’s the scam?  I want to make it clear that I didn’t say that, I didn’t claim that, I didn’t imply anything to suggest it—looking back at my prior post, I don’t know why you asked it.

.. because each of us have our own ways of presenting our ideas.. whether serious, somewhat serious, jokes, or pokening dee udder peeps.

Thus, your presentation style and wording motivated me to want to inquire.

I suppose that I could have just let it pass, but not really easy to do so.... perhaps a personality flaw in the realm of "inquiring minds want to know?"   

Surely, you know that it is up to you whether to answer and how to answer.

I won’t deny it, either:  I really do not answer these types of questions about my identity and personal history.  If you were to ask me if I am Napoleon Bonaparte, or if I knew Napoleon—maybe I chatted with him on IRC; or perhaps I’m Talleyrand (no, nullius was Talleyrand; nullius was definitely Talleyrand, which means that Lauda was Napoleon!)—then I would give you a similar type of response.

Well, if you provide these kinds of answers, then surely folks are going to consider asking or maybe even not wanting to ask...

I don't give too many shits in regards to who people are in real life or where they live or what is their professions, but surely some of us will volunteer some of that information from time to time, and if members here provide some of that information, then that could either lead members into asking more about that or just considering that kind of information in regards, to attempting understanding why a person might have framed a subject matter in the chosen way.

I have provided some personal details along the way; however, from time to time, I have also provided some details that are not really true, but I consider them to NOT be taking away from the case that I am making so in that regard, I end up providing some kind of personal details that are kind of true, but not really true, but puts a framework on the points that I am making.

So for example, I might assert that when I was riding my bicycle in the park two weeks ago, I ran into an old friend from college who had been a successful electrical engineer and manager at a company that supplies products/services to Tesla (and his wife is an architect who has been working from home since after the pandemic, but he reports to work 3 times a week since last October), and when I mentioned to him that the markets were crazy, he told me that he had bought x, y and z shitcoins, and his wife was against his getting involved in "crypto."  Then when our conversation touched upon bitcoin, he told me that he thought that bitcoin did not have as much upside potential as compared with the various shitcoins that he had gotten into..

There may well be a lot of the areas of that story that are not true, but I still might end up feeling that I am still able to get across my main points regarding what the guy or his wife was doing and what I might have said or considered to be a better path forward.

Of course, any of us might make some mistakes in terms of revealing more than what we wished, and for sure that seems to be once of the risks of participating in a forum like this, and if we provide certain kinds of information, it seems that we should be willing to give further context, and sometimes, I have accused members of pushing x, y or z philosophies based on their own perspective that ends up getting into some of the details that they had provided.  We are surely able to have more concrete conversations when members here provide some details.... and even some stories might not even be very plausible based on the details that are provided that might contradict too much in significant, meaningful  and material ways.

Some guys even proclaim that they met x, y or z celebrity at an event in xxxx year...so sometimes guys will draw attention to some of their own matters, and I don't see why any of us might not ask or even make a connection and proclaim that in an early post they said x, but in a later post they said y.  Seems fair to me.... Did you say that this happened at that location?.. well, maybe it seems important to mention the location at the time, but then later, maybe there is a realization that the location was not as important as the interaction.

Remember that prior to 2019, Local Bitcoins was being used as a very great way to directly connect with people to do bitcoin transactions.. well that got a bit more onerous in 2018 and then it pretty much went away completely in 2019.. at least in the USA.. even though I understand that such Local Bitcoins services can be used in other countries... We need another local bitcoins.. that was a good service for bitcoiners to be able to connect with each other... but sometimes in this forum, if we might talk about transactions that happened on Local Bitcoins, it might well be relevant to describe the area in which the transaction took place in order to help to attempt to better understand the context.

Having known about cryptographic money since before Bitcoin doesn’t make one terribly special, in itself.  Many people were interested in this—some with intense active interest; others with casual curiosity.  Satoshi didn’t invent the concept:  He fulfilled a widespread need.  He made a dream come true.

Difficult to argue with that.

It does give me a different perspective.  A view than the meme crowd could not even imagine, much less people who just bought into Bitcoin in search of dollar-profits.  n00bs, get off my lawn!

Sooner or later, the whole world is coming to bitcoin, so I don't see any reason to be hostile in regards to the various perspectives... although of course, on a personal level I do get a bit worked up about shitcoiners who are also bitcoiners..but some of my concerns might deal with language clarity and if I might speculate that there might be too much mixing up of basic terms - including embracing shitcoins in ways that try to suggest that they are similar or equal to bitcoin or superior to bitcoin in some kind of way, even if they might potentially provide some kind of utility or use case that might not be easily achievable by bitcoin, but as soon as there is discussion about a supposed need for a native token on such shitcoin, then my heckles get raised even more in terms of the scamming intentions.  I guess that the point that I am attempting to make is that I believe that I have a lot of tolerance for bitcoiners with a variety of perspectives so long as they are not pushing some kind of shitcoin.. and if they are at least attempting to learn about bitcoin promote bitcoin and even if they might consider that bitcoin might need to be changed in various ways, they are trying to learn about bitcoin in such a way to help to contribute or to figure out if their views of how bitcoin might need to be changed is an adequate and informed criticism rather than being based on lack of understanding.  Nothing wrong with those kinds of conversations even with normies, newbies and even folks who seem to have very little technical knowledge, at least from my perspective.

Aside, I must express my supreme contempt for the petty narcissists who think that the important thing about Bitcoin is for them to throw their weight around on an Internet forum.  Ultimately, they don’t matter; in 20 years, it will be as if they never existed.  But meanwhile, they are both annoying and disgusting:  They don’t care about Bitcoin.

Are you referring to anyone in particular?

Asking for a friend.

My only friend in the whole world, aka suchmoon.

Of course—obviously—in one specific instance.  But I wouldn’t bother with mentioning it, if the statement were not more widely applicable.  It is a general problem.  Unfortunately, types like that are a dime a dozen in “crypto”-land.

It still seems to me to get back to attempting to accept all kinds of perspectives, and sure there might be some folks who we find annoying.. and some folks who we might consider as back stabbers, so sure we do not need to like everyone in bitcoin - because sooner or later, everyone will be coming to bitcoin.. so maybe it is still a bit of a novelty that we still have a relatively low level of bitcoin adoption, relatively speaking.

By the way, there have been guys who have gone into pretty heavy battles with me on the forum, but sometimes those battles will end up dying down.. and other times, I know that the battles are lingering... so yeah, the other side might make digs from time to time, and I might make some digs from time to time, and in the end, I am not sure... if some of the resentments might pass or not.  Sometimes, I do become less irritated with certain forum members than I might have been at some earlier date.. and there are some members who bother me on a kind of internal level, but I might not say anything (so I am aware that other members have similar feelings with me.. I surely would get annoyed if I were to have to read some of my own posts.. so skimming and ignoring might work.. So far, I don't ignore forum members.. but I do skim and even skip though)...
Freeveto

Activity: 150
Merit: 30

View Profile
June 02, 2022, 06:01:10 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), dragonvslinux (1)

Grayscale picked Up close to $3 Billion dollars in their allocation and moved up to about $27 Billion dollars in their share holdings this week, I think any time they make big purchase seems it helps to drive the entire crypto market up and too I think those allocation helped in pushing up the crypto market as well .
Therefore, I usually pay attention to their actual allocations.

https://grayscale.com/products/grayscale-bitcoin-trust/
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2022, 06:04:58 AM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10209

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 02, 2022, 06:20:47 AM

still bullish on bitcoin...we shall go to that 38-42K, then see.

Let us pray.

someone needs to cut a piece off buddy and graft a number 3

watch it, phil. u get baned for threatening to dismember the robot.

Newbie question here:  Is it prohibited to threaten or extort ChartBuddy?

Nope upgrading and modding the bot. is okay. Shredding buddy is a no-no.

Harassing, trolling and bribing the bot are acceptable too..

None of it seems to work, though.

so far.

$260mil longs liquidated in minutes, most of them in BFX. It seems that around 75 longs each for 1mil to 1.26mil belong to 1 person. This is quite a loss. May the Lord has mercy on this n00b soul. And this is why we are in a bear market. When we have even one such whale fool to buy high and sell low, all bullish scenarios go south.

Edit: Things are getting even funnier: The bigger part of this long liquidation happened earlier today with $200mil liquidated on Bitfinex from 31800 to 31500. Some n00b was clearly trying to win the jackpot with a 100x leverage. So, in that case he lost all his $200mil long position. Well played, mate. Cheers for the imbecile!  Grin Grin Grin

n00b question here:  Does BFX offer 100x leverage on spot BTC, or only on perps?  (Are we talking about perps here, or actual BTC impacting the market on liquidation?)

Totally off-topic, I disagree with some people here about derivatives.

Off topic?

You are talking about bitcoin derivatives right?  

Seems that would be on topic, but I don't understand what is your difference of opinion with people here.

People here disagree with people here about all kinds of things, including various angles on how to interact with bitcoin in terms of attempting to accumulate it, whether to even trade it and even the extent to which various bitcoin financial instruments might be used or usable.. to the extent that any of us understand the various kinds of complex financial instrument products, and surely it seems to me that a lot of us are concerned that the employment of various financial instrument products tend to be run through third parties, so maybe some of us just get more irritated by many of them not necessarily settling in bitcoin and if they are able to employ tactics that cause price moves in bitcoin without actually having to hold bitcoin (naked shorts, for example), and whether we understand the topic or not, sometimes some of us might even disagree with our own lil selfies.. from time to time.

In other words, how are we going to know if we disagree with you, if we do not know about what you are talking about?
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2022, 07:01:20 AM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2022, 08:04:54 AM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2022, 09:01:25 AM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2022, 10:04:55 AM

Explanation
empowering
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1441

View Profile
June 02, 2022, 10:20:37 AM
Last edit: June 02, 2022, 10:38:53 AM by empowering

Nonpartisan Money: Depolarizing Bitcoin

[...]

Do not fucking @ me with some blah blah attack on Ted.... not interested..... just sharing for prosperity, info and interest.

[...discussion of Cruz...]

That video was edited by an idiot.

Thanks for passing that along.  The editing by that random crypto-shill Youtube channel is blatantly dishonest.  No one with even the slightest sense of ethics would stitch together clips of words and phrases like that.

The very first result in a non-Google search finds the source:

Better to spread links to the source than to the poorly-edited “please like muh crypto youtube channel” ripoff.

I don’t have time to watch this video (or any video), and I am generally uninterested in U.S. partisan politics.  Too bad, what’s going on there affects Bitcoin; and what I’ve seen in the headlines lately looks worrisome.  Perhaps I may peruse the video later.

[...]

just sharing for [posterity?], info and interest.

It’s sad to see this.

There have always been people from the left in Bitcoin.  I don’t recall ever having seen this type of apologizing or defensiveness for linking to their opinions about Bitcoin.

I don’t usually follow this type of stuff.  The apologizing is what caught my attention here.

Bitcoin is the most political form of money ever invented, but it is nonpartisan money with respect to modern partisan politics.  That is one of Bitcoin’s key strengths.  The polarization of Bitcoin would weaken it.

I think that everyone should feel welcome in Bitcoin.

Liberals who care about fairness, equality, and human rights, who want money without institutional biases—money that resists the imposition of structural biases.  I’m not surprised to see people in underprivileged countries reaching out to Bitcoin as a lifeline.

Conservatives who want sound money, fiscal responsibility, and individual freedom.  I’m not surprised to see the Heritage Foundation taking an interest in Bitcoin.

That’s not compromise.  It is a principle, and it is also political savvy.

Bitcoin is like the customary rules of international diplomacy:  It applies to friends and enemies alike, it benefits everyone, and it’s in everyone’s self-interest to accord this benefit to everyone else.

The polarization of Bitcoin could ruin that.

I do not see any "apologising" ...... think of it as pre-empting.... because I hate having to qualify and justify posts I make on here.... which, is a common thing, because certain members obsess about who said what and wen, and why , instead of just concentrating on the subject matter.....  I just could not be assed with having a conversation with some dullard that was to start shouting "TED CRUZ WANTS CHILDREN TO DIE" or some fucking nonsense like that.

ps, yeah the video edit was dogshit.... obviously but it was the video I saw, and shared as it got the gist, and I could not be bothered to go and find the originals

pps - I like Ted Cruz

ppps - I personally think that "the left" in America (and elsewhere) has turned insane, and corrupt, and insane .... probs not worth @ me about that opinion either. 
Subbir

Activity: 812
Merit: 104

🎄 Allah is The Best Planner 🥀

View Profile
June 02, 2022, 10:24:42 AM

still bullish on bitcoin...we shall go to that 38-42K, then see.

Let us pray.

Oke specially pray JayJuanGee, Biodom 🙏

JUST IN - Florida House candidate: My donors "don’t want to use U.S. dollars. They want to use #bitcoin." 🇺🇸

Source link: https://twitter.com/BitcoinMagazine/status/1532044503506362368

The US just line-up now focused on bitcoin BTC
Gachapin

Activity: 910
Merit: 1862

bitcoin retard

View Profile
June 02, 2022, 10:55:01 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), Torque (1)

Arthur tends to think the bottom is in ...

At the bottom, a typically impervious strong hand can be forced to sell because of uneconomical arrangements festering in their trading books. The LFG is such a seller. To puke 80,000 physical Bitcoin is quite a feat. After contemplating the nature in which these Bitcoins were sold, I am even more confident that the $25,000 — $27,000 zone for Bitcoin is this cycle’s bottom.

The market will stage impressive bear market rallies that traders nursing massive losses will sell into. Right now, many traders are sitting on positions that are down 50% to 90%. These traders are in a loss reduction mindset. They want to exit at a less bad price. They are not mentally primed to ship more capital in at these “bargain” prices. Therefore, any rally will be sold into, until the underbrush in the forest is clear and the diamond-handed apes can emerge safely from hibernation.

https://entrepreneurshandbook.co/shut-it-down-15d230b28089

Pages: « 1 ... 30645 30646 30647 30648 30649 30650 30651 30652 30653 30654 30655 30656 30657 30658 30659 30660 30661 30662 30663 30664 30665 30666 30667 30668 30669 30670 30671 30672 30673 30674 30675 30676 30677 30678 30679 30680 30681 30682 30683 30684 30685 30686 30687 30688 30689 30690 30691 30692 30693 30694 [30695] 30696 30697 30698 30699 30700 30701 30702 30703 30704 30705 30706 30707 30708 30709 30710 30711 30712 30713 30714 30715 30716 30717 30718 30719 30720 30721 30722 30723 30724 30725 30726 30727 30728 30729 30730 30731 30732 30733 30734 30735 30736 30737 30738 30739 30740 30741 30742 30743 30744 30745 ... 33319 »
  Print  

Jump to: