April 25, 2024, 09:35:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 31027 31028 31029 31030 31031 31032 31033 31034 31035 31036 31037 31038 31039 31040 31041 31042 31043 31044 31045 31046 31047 31048 31049 31050 31051 31052 31053 31054 31055 31056 31057 31058 31059 31060 31061 31062 31063 31064 31065 31066 31067 31068 31069 31070 31071 31072 31073 31074 31075 31076 [31077] 31078 31079 31080 31081 31082 31083 31084 31085 31086 31087 31088 31089 31090 31091 31092 31093 31094 31095 31096 31097 31098 31099 31100 31101 31102 31103 31104 31105 31106 31107 31108 31109 31110 31111 31112 31113 31114 31115 31116 31117 31118 31119 31120 31121 31122 31123 31124 31125 31126 31127 ... 33300 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26367619 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2994

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
August 11, 2022, 07:00:55 PM
Merited by AlcoHoDL (1)

Enthralled by OutOfMemory's Astro Photography, incredible results.
To anyone interested in learning Astronomy, you don't need a telescope to get started.
Most astronomy is simple observation and a paper star Map or one one your phone to help you navigate.
Up early today busy day ahead, was hoping to view the Perseids meteor shower, sadly it is cloudy here and it will be getting light soon.
I'll try again early tomorrow morning, look to the NNE preferably after midnight when the radiant position is higher in the sky. If you are in the southern hemisphere at the latitude of Darwin the radiant position is very low in the sky and in Sydney will be below the horizon.
Another run at $25k, will it break through today?
A good day to everyone, whatever you are up to.

Yes, i can only second that.
I started with a book (astronomy atlas) and a sky map.
After a while i bought a used telescope (only to find out that i have an error in the cornea), sold it again, but was able to gaze at the moon, some planets and brighter stars, while i learned how to set up, adjust and control a tracking mount, as well as how to collimate a newton telescope. No photography involved.
Later, i knew that photography was the only chance to look at bright stars without visual artefacts, so i use the "rule of 600" to get nice milky way shots with a DSLR and a quality tripod. After the first few blurry shots of a nebula with a 85mm lens, i knew i wanted more. A modified cam and tracking (go-to) mount was the next step. I had to shoot multiple long time exposures in freezing cold, so i knew i have to automate things, with a raspberry-PI based system, controlled via wifi tablet. And a few weeks ago, the APO refractor telescope.

In between there were many hours of learning (with my forgetful mind) and trial&error, freezing off half of my ass just to get mediocre results at best, hundreds, if not thousands of deleted pics. Memory cards and battery packs everywhere...

---

The Preseids are covered by the bright light of the full moon this year, it's cloudy now too, i don't even try to get a view at them. Maybe next year...
On the other hand, August is the month when some of the most desired objects start to appear in the more clear areas of the night sky again (above 30° elevation), while the milky way core is slowly moving down behind the horizon again, which thrills me again to get good pictures of the less bright parts of the near spiral arm, which means many exposures to stack in harmony with a single foreground shot.

---

We'll se how long BTC is range bound, but i expect a breakout rather soon. Everyone and his cat seems bullish, only some whales are sucking out small fiat gains (relatively spoken), but the main course is UP.

I have Skyview Lite on my iphone. it is pretty incredible. Jupiter on the horizon at the moment, Mercury to the east.

Star Walk 2 is reccomended for the more spectacular gfx. Still have it on my phone, but Skyview was the one i purchased in the end.

They are a europe based business and have to comply to the EU-GDPR act.
According to article 17 (iirc) they have to delete your personal data on request.
It takes some weeks, but i did it after i received the product, and i recommend everybody else to do the same.
There's a dedicated Email adress to write to at Ledger, just google it.

Thanks, you are right.
Though, my purchase was 6, 7 years ago. Could be that it was before the act.  Until my email was doxed I wasn't even aware of the act.

Similar to my case, the leak was 2 years after (first) purchase, but only my email got leaked, i don't even receive any related spam nowadays.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
August 11, 2022, 07:04:52 PM

Explanation
DaRude
Legendary

Activity: 2774
Merit: 1787

In order to dump coins one must have coins

View Profile
August 11, 2022, 07:12:10 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1), Hueristic (1), JayJuanGee (1), jojo69 (1)

Marathon, one of the biggest bitcoin mining dedicated companies in the U.S. and Canada, has mined the first OFAC compliant bitcoin block, only accepting transactions that comply with the directives of this government office. This has caused a stir in libertarian circles, that argue this can be the start of censorship in the bitcoin blockchain at a mining level.

https://news.bitcoin.com/marathon-mines-first-ofac-compliant-bitcoin-block/

What year is this?? That lasted full 24 days

"Marathon is committed to the core tenets of the Bitcoin community, including decentralization, inclusion, and no censorship," said Marathon's CEO Fred Thiel. "Over the coming week, we will be updating all our miners to the full standard Bitcoin core 0.21.1 node, including support for Taproot. By adopting the full standard Bitcoin core node, we will be validating transactions on the blockchain in the exact same way as all other miners who use the standard node."
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/business/marathon-to-stop-censoring-bitcoin-blocks
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2022, 08:01:18 PM

Explanation
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2994

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
August 11, 2022, 08:28:55 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (14), JayJuanGee (1)

Finally, the (possible) coiner appearance i witnessed a few weeks before...

I was at the house of an old friend of my wife. Cool, intelligent dude with an anarchist's heart, btw.
He had someone there to help him repair something, when i caught the following words from that guy, while i was near:
"I think it will take another ten years or so (...) if i were a rich dude, i would to exactly that (...) this is why (...) Bitcoin comes into play"
This was everything i could understand. I kept acting unaffected, and started to think how i could find out more without uncovering myself as a coiner. I think i'll have to interact a little more with this guy, who seemed tech-affine too, so maybe i'll bring in some internet talk on the next occasion. Chances that he is a nocoiner (or anticoiner) are quite equal, judged by the pieces of the half minute long talk i was able to hear.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2022, 09:03:29 PM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2022, 10:04:52 PM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2022, 11:01:18 PM

Explanation
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
August 11, 2022, 11:08:58 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

OT, but i am curious to what the value of POW fork of VB coin would be.
People estimate 3-10% (IOU is currently about 4%).
I vaguely remember that bitcoin fork was initially about $440 when btc was $2756 (16%) and about 20% at max in December 2017 (3900 vs 19200).

I am deeply suspicious of all non-POW coins, but it would be an interesting test, albeit Defi and USDC/tether might lean against the POW for cough-eth-cough.
Ready to observe the happenings with much interest.
Why interest: 'cause i am sick and tired listening to verbiage against bitcoin as a "user" of energy.
BTW, anything worth doing uses energy, but don't tell this to the ESG crowd.

This could be tradable, yo.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2022, 12:03:29 AM

Explanation
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 7764

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2022, 12:43:44 AM

OT, but i am curious to what the value of POW fork of VB coin would be.
People estimate 3-10% (IOU is currently about 4%).
I vaguely remember that bitcoin fork was initially about $440 when btc was $2756 (16%) and about 20% at max in December 2017 (3900 vs 19200).

I am deeply suspicious of all non-POW coins, but it would be an interesting test, albeit Defi and USDC/tether might lean against the POW for cough-eth-cough.
Ready to observe the happenings with much interest.
Why interest: 'cause i am sick and tired listening to verbiage against bitcoin as a "user" of energy.
BTW, anything worth doing uses energy, but don't tell this to the ESG crowd.

This could be tradable, yo.

lots to happen soon 🔜

or do they blink yet again?
WatChe

Activity: 896
Merit: 543

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2022, 12:47:26 AM
Last edit: August 12, 2022, 02:17:15 AM by WatChe

I bought some eth (and it's running a great profit) but you can't talk about it here because some people could get offended.... Grin

That's great you are enjoying profit on ethereum.
If you go back to Dec 2018, there was grand clearance sale on all coins including bitcoin which was around 3500$. Anyone who dared to buy during that time, has got massive profit in bull run that started towards end of 2021.
It's better to learn from our mistakes of our past rather than getting annoyed or offended (with no offense to anyone).

ETH still a viable investment and will be for a long time. BTC tho... crashed when COVID 19 came out dont you remember? It fell to like 3000$, some exchanges to mere cents..

Well of course, we all have consent that "it's never late to join crypto be it btc or other altcoin". TBH there are lots of crashes in crypto, AFAIK in 2020 Eth fell from around 4k$ to just under 2k$. I would say that wasn't a big crash seeing the volatility of crypto market.
Ethereum is viable investment but after bitcoin.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2022, 01:01:17 AM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2022, 02:03:25 AM

Explanation
WatChe

Activity: 896
Merit: 543

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2022, 02:44:36 AM
Merited by philipma1957 (6)

just in case you haven't seen it yet...

If you want to know why Vitalik Buterin, the CEO of Ethereum, is having a psychotic breakdown and calling Michael Saylor a clown, watch this masterclass by Saylor on all the technical, economic, and ethical problems with Ethereum.
https://twitter.com/NeilJacobs/status/1553752187838382085
That clip is coming from another longer video, no?

Does anyone have the longer piece (or the whole presentation?)?

The tweet mentioned that the clip was from a "master class"?
Should be this one:                   https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=B1PI7BCjopk

Thanks for that link.  I did end up watching the whole interview which was about 1 hour and 26 minutes...

It's a good interview overall.. especially if you have not seen a recent one of him with the lessening of the reservations in regards to decently-well informed shitcoin bashing.

I watched 10 min interview in above link.
I think what Saylor is saying is very much right that ethereum is being modified ever since its launched unlike bitcoin. So what he trying to say is that etherum is just like some centralized token launched by company who have control over the protocol.
To be decentralized etherum must run unmodified for atleast 5 years but we are yet to see this.
Even there is no clear way forward for PoS coming up. What will be Yield for next 5 years? No one can answer that.
So Saylor is right in every of his argument.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10148

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 12, 2022, 02:55:24 AM
Last edit: August 12, 2022, 05:27:32 PM by JayJuanGee
Merited by Hueristic (1), sirazimuth (1)

Aww poor wittle Mr FBI, does he wanna bedtime story instead?
He basically wants to run the FBI as a political mobster group without any scrutiny or pushback?

Why the need for the raid regardless?! Normally from a legal standpoint, you would subpoena a former president if you want them to hand over a document. They couldn't remove him with impeachment and think this is the way to go?
We will see how this unfolds. I have popcorn ready.

FBI director Chris Wray calls death threats against agents 'deplorable and dangerous' in the wake of the agency's raid on ex-President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago home
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11102157/FBI-director-says-death-threats-against-agents-deplorable-dangerous-raid-Trumps-home.html

I guess we can't ALL be an upstanding citizen like Hunter Biden and get away with it. Shame.

I am pretty sure that the raid was largely about the holy fucking shit aspect of Trump's having had taken, historically destroyed and refused to give back classified documents.. That's a pretty BIG fucking deal, to think that anyone, including but not limited to Trump would be able to just avoid actual reasonable national security laws and keep (and also a history of destroying and being non-discrete with) govt documents (especially highly classified ones).  

Many of us also realize and recognize that Trump has historically had almost no appreciation for rule of law (he talks like that and he acts like that - he even acts worse than he talks if you can believe anything that he actually says?).. and rule of law remains an idea that founds the USA (and likely gives strength to the USA - yeah some of you diptwat libertarians might be correct to be suggesting that rule of law can be used in ways to "oppress" individuals, but we would still be beating each other up in caves if we could not have built a society upon rule of law (even if sometimes not exactly fairly followed - but it is not the case in this potentially treasonary stealing of documents case)..

and yeah many of us may well concede that there are a lot of fucked up things in modern society and a lot of ways that modern society has progressed that have a lot of injustices (but that still should not justify getting rid of the whole damned thing and acting as if a self-centered goofball like Trump is even close to a step in the right direction regarding a solution to such modern societal problems), and perhaps Trump's questions about smaller government and even getting corruption out of government have quite a bit of reasonable resonance with various bitcoiners and just with normal people overall.. but surely that fucktwat corrupt self-serving narcisist should not be credited with really seriously attempting to address those potentially reasonable purposes - except to the extent that he had historically been ONLY engaging in behaviors that were about him and coincidentally maybe some of his conduct would end up having effects to make government smaller (or at least wreck it in some kind of way, if that might be framed/considered as a reasonable outcome in some cases)...

--- and even the various privately armed folks that Trump has so far been able to get all riled up on his side should recognize that working towards getting Trump what he wants seems like a pretty lame and weak basis in which to found a society or even bring revolution to a society in a way that actually attempts to aspire towards "greatness" - in the event that "greatness" really were to be the aspirations of these people who seem to be siding with Trump with such passions (as opposed to thinking through what actually seems to be happening rather than what they believe to be happening) - and surely a lot of us bitcoiners can resonate with quite a few of the ideas of freedom and maybe even questioning government overreach in a lot of different cases (whether federal or other levels of government), but trying to conclude that government overreach is actually happening in the raiding of Trump's residence in a resort (think about how that is not even any kind of a normal residence, either) or have sympathy for a thug like Trump --- seems very problematic for anyone who might prefer peaceful transfers of power that are based on rule of law rather than whiny sore losers who try to act like they are in a position of strength - when they are just an abusive thug who has a life-long history of abusing everyone in his wake...  and his seeming position of power comes from ongoingly abusing people, threatening to abuse them and having no sympathy for anyone or anything (including rule of law) unless such people and/or principles align with Trump and Trumps whimsical ideas about what rules apply at what time - which many times seems that his rules are just be contrary to anyone who is potentially more powerful than him or challenging/questioning him in any kind of way) but still the raiding of the residence in Florida is not based on all the ways that Trump is a sucky-ass retard, but instead based on his having had gone too far with his keeping and destroying of government records (quite sensitive ones at that - and it is not ONLY illegal to steal regular government documents, but the kinds of government documents that he was holding, continuing to hold and failing/refusing to give up seem to have gone way beyond any kinds of possible innocent slip ups)...

and likely that Trump would have continued to act in the furtherance of hiding/destroying/and/or even not properly protecting such records in his possession if such a raid had not been carried out.. because he had already been given opportunities to return such documents voluntarily and he failed/refused to do so.. and merely acted (in his passive aggressive pussy way that you cannot rely on his word) as if he was cooperating to return such documents when the overwhelming evidence supports that he is hardly good for his word (should be able to figure this out by listening to the guy speak for more than 30 second or looking at overwhelming examples of how he behaves ---- yeah, maybe you can count on his word when he is saying something related to acting in his own self-serving interest that you might think coincides with your own interest - such as destroying/sabotaging the government) and even in this specific case, he was not actually cooperating even when he got caught having the documents.. and then caught again by not giving up documents when the found more of those highly classified documents at his place (they should not have been there in the first place.. absent some innocent slip up - and do you think that dweeb has anywhere near to adequate security at his place in regards towards protecting such documents when he was so damned lax in even breaking rules around stealing such documents in the first place - and I doubt that there is even one scintilla of evidence of any kind of innocent accidental slip up when it comes to that dweeb, aka Trump in connection with the handling of those at-issue records specifically).

Should I tell you how I really feel?   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Edited - 14 hours after the original posting - to flesh out a few ideas and to clarify a few things
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2022, 03:03:30 AM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10148

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 12, 2022, 03:25:59 AM
Merited by OutOfMemory (2)

I saw Ethereum under 100$ in Dec 2018 (I guess).

Image source

What's that thing you refer to as ethereum?

Does it relate to the topic of this thread?  explain.

Marathon, one of the biggest bitcoin mining dedicated companies in the U.S. and Canada, has mined the first OFAC compliant bitcoin block, only accepting transactions that comply with the directives of this government office. This has caused a stir in libertarian circles, that argue this can be the start of censorship in the bitcoin blockchain at a mining level.

Someone please step; in and slap Hueristic.. nice and good... well maybe not nice?

hahahahaha

I wonder if the timeliness of that article would make any difference in terms of current events? 

Hm?

I wonder?

Finally, the (possible) coiner appearance i witnessed a few weeks before...

I was at the house of an old friend of my wife. Cool, intelligent dude with an anarchist's heart, btw.
He had someone there to help him repair something, when i caught the following words from that guy, while i was near:
"I think it will take another ten years or so (...) if i were a rich dude, i would to exactly that (...) this is why (...) Bitcoin comes into play"
This was everything i could understand. I kept acting unaffected, and started to think how i could find out more without uncovering myself as a coiner. I think i'll have to interact a little more with this guy, who seemed tech-affine too, so maybe i'll bring in some internet talk on the next occasion. Chances that he is a nocoiner (or anticoiner) are quite equal, judged by the pieces of the half minute long talk i was able to hear.

Yes.. fill in the blanks and figure out a tactic..

Interesting aspects of life..

Almost back to courting days when you are trying to figure out if a girl might "like you"   hahahahahaha
NotATether
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 6680

bitcoincleanup.com / bitmixlist.org

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2022, 03:36:12 AM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

What year is this?? That lasted full 24 days

"Marathon is committed to the core tenets of the Bitcoin community, including decentralization, inclusion, and no censorship," said Marathon's CEO Fred Thiel. "Over the coming week, we will be updating all our miners to the full standard Bitcoin core 0.21.1 node, including support for Taproot. By adopting the full standard Bitcoin core node, we will be validating transactions on the blockchain in the exact same way as all other miners who use the standard node."
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/business/marathon-to-stop-censoring-bitcoin-blocks

Personally I call bullshit on that.

If they're going to mine standard blocks it'll be more because they don't have enough people to maintain a monster-sized codebase with their own censorship additions AND fend off the security vulnerabilities all the while, rather than any change in morals they might have had.

I've been thinking one of these years, I start my own mining operation to offset any crap that Marathon runs on the network.
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
August 12, 2022, 03:43:00 AM

the late night wall report

maybe...just maybe

some 40 months ago...something to think about anyway

dyor

April 2019

W

August 2022

W

stronghands
Pages: « 1 ... 31027 31028 31029 31030 31031 31032 31033 31034 31035 31036 31037 31038 31039 31040 31041 31042 31043 31044 31045 31046 31047 31048 31049 31050 31051 31052 31053 31054 31055 31056 31057 31058 31059 31060 31061 31062 31063 31064 31065 31066 31067 31068 31069 31070 31071 31072 31073 31074 31075 31076 [31077] 31078 31079 31080 31081 31082 31083 31084 31085 31086 31087 31088 31089 31090 31091 31092 31093 31094 31095 31096 31097 31098 31099 31100 31101 31102 31103 31104 31105 31106 31107 31108 31109 31110 31111 31112 31113 31114 31115 31116 31117 31118 31119 31120 31121 31122 31123 31124 31125 31126 31127 ... 33300 »
  Print  

Jump to: