June 29, 2024, 06:04:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 7960 7961 7962 7963 7964 7965 7966 7967 7968 7969 7970 7971 7972 7973 7974 7975 7976 7977 7978 7979 7980 7981 7982 7983 7984 7985 7986 7987 7988 7989 7990 7991 7992 7993 7994 7995 7996 7997 7998 7999 8000 8001 8002 8003 8004 8005 8006 8007 8008 8009 [8010] 8011 8012 8013 8014 8015 8016 8017 8018 8019 8020 8021 8022 8023 8024 8025 8026 8027 8028 8029 8030 8031 8032 8033 8034 8035 8036 8037 8038 8039 8040 8041 8042 8043 8044 8045 8046 8047 8048 8049 8050 8051 8052 8053 8054 8055 8056 8057 8058 8059 8060 ... 33492 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26408408 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Mervyn_Pumpkinhead
Legendary

Activity: 876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 12:28:32 PM

Well, ultimately when people invest, they consider probabilities and then invest accordingly. Some people stick to their guns and just wait it out, and others waffle and others monitor and methodically readjust their investments.  If some people consider bitcoins to be like snake oil, then they will likely choose NOT to invest or they may choose to get out of BTC as an investment.  I doubt that the perception of snake oil is as prevalent as you make it out to be, and instead there are more and more people who are becoming inclined to invest in BTC rather than disinclined.. and we will see how that evolves over the coming months.  I expect upward, and you seem to be communicating that you expect downward, and we will see who is right... that is if you are still hanging around here (to save us from ourselves and the snake oil salesmen) next year.

Ok, let's just see how the market goes, and how your doubts will work out for you Smiley

Would you like to pick a date that we can check in with one another regarding the price and/or the success of bitcoin?  I prefer to pick a date after May of next year, but if you think another date would be suitable, we could do that as well.

After may of next year sounds good to me
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 12:30:11 PM

You cant pay your electricity with bitcoins.
Actually, I can here in Australia...
https://www.livingroomofsatoshi.com/
That service must sell the coins as soon as they get them.  In the context of the discussion, it is just one way in which miners can sell coins to pay their utility bills.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 10449

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 12:33:01 PM

in fact, I do remember, the only outrageous thing I recall is you getting pissed off when I said I sold half of my stash to take 2 years off,

Yes, we have already gone through this and probably the part that irritated me the most is your inability or unwillingness to articulate a plan for storage of your value for the next two years.

and when I pointed out that I like the concept of forbidden interest on loans Islam applies in economics...

Yes, I inquired about this, but I believe other posters attacked your religion.  I did NOT attack your religion, but later got irritated with you when you began to explain the different effect on your religion based on differing kinds of investments and that some things were forbidden and other things were o.k... and then explanation seemed ridiculous to me.

you took my statement poorly and outrageously, the first statement is a personal choice, so I don't know why you care, the second statement is about me being open about religions and ideas,

I became irritated by what I perceived to be arrogance in your explanations and NOT that you have personal choices or religious beliefs.

I studied many religions and I found the general concept to be a horse shit and delusion and just a way to govern people in the past, but this doesn't mean there is nothing to learn from them, I did learn so many amazing and smart concepts from different.

Agreed.  It is good to be open to various other beliefs, and there may be things to learn from the beliefs and practices of others.

since these 2 statements, you tend to attack me like an enemy, the thing is that hiding behind a screen gives you the courage to write such ignorant and hurtful things, I would like to meet you in person and have you tell me these things to my face.

We've talked about this before, too.  I already told you that I would say the same things to your face as I do behind a keyboard; however, it is likely that I would NOT tolerate being around somebody like you for very long.  Additionally, I would probably NOT want to meet somebody like you face to face, at this point, b/c it sounds as if you have violent tendencies, so why would I want to put myself in a violent situation with someone who is supposed to be a grown man, but has difficulties articulating himself, so he wants to resort to physical confrontation.  I would NOT want to do that b/c I consider myself to be able to resolve matters without physical violence.. yet I am prepared to throw down on the street if I have to with some stranger; however, i am NOT going to purposefully put myself into some physical altercation situation with someone who is already engaging in implied threats.

falllling

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 12:35:50 PM

i can see GABI eating at those 515 walls in seconds.

not gonna happen, there is no bitcoin saver, bitcoin is going to nowhere but down
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 12:38:26 PM

Well, ultimately when people invest, they consider probabilities and then invest accordingly. Some people stick to their guns and just wait it out, and others waffle and others monitor and methodically readjust their investments.  If some people consider bitcoins to be like snake oil, then they will likely choose NOT to invest or they may choose to get out of BTC as an investment.  I doubt that the perception of snake oil is as prevalent as you make it out to be, and instead there are more and more people who are becoming inclined to invest in BTC rather than disinclined.. and we will see how that evolves over the coming months.  I expect upward, and you seem to be communicating that you expect downward, and we will see who is right... that is if you are still hanging around here (to save us from ourselves and the snake oil salesmen) next year.

Ok, let's just see how the market goes, and how your doubts will work out for you Smiley

Would you like to pick a date that we can check in with one another regarding the price and/or the success of bitcoin?  I prefer to pick a date after May of next year, but if you think another date would be suitable, we could do that as well.

10-20 years in the future would be good.

I have no real bets regarding BTC in that kind of time frame.  I mean BTC could still be around or there could be some derivation of BTC.. I think in 5 years BTC will be around.. but 10 years or 20 years?  Sure, it will be interesting, either way... but that is quite far off, and I expect that I may have to juggle around my BTC investments in the next 10 - 20 years...

mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 12:46:09 PM

We've talked about this before, too.  I already told you that I would say the same things to your face as I do behind a keyboard; however, it is likely that I would NOT tolerate being around somebody like you for very long.  Additionally, I would probably NOT want to meet somebody like you face to face, at this point, b/c it sounds as if you have violent tendencies, so why would I want to put myself in a violent situation with someone who is supposed to be a grown man, but has difficulties articulating himself, so he wants to resort to physical confrontation.  I would NOT want to do that b/c I consider myself to be able to resolve matters without physical violence.. yet I am prepared to throw down on the street if I have to with some stranger; however, i am NOT going to purposefully put myself into some physical altercation situation with someone who is already engaging in implied threats.

The only time having any physical fight is defending my 3 years old daughter at the time from an alcoholic crack head, otherwise I have never in my life had any physical attack from or to anyone, if you are so annoyed by my post, an easy way for your misery would be hitting that ignore and have peace with yourself.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 12:46:50 PM

After may of next year sounds good to me

I mean what do you think would be the measurement by then?  Do you think BTC will be stagnant (that surely is too bullish for your description of scenarios)?  or do you think that BTC will be valued less than $10?  What is a likely scenario that you are suggesting?  Do you believe that BTC will be outlawed in some areas of the world?  Do you believe there will be some kind of major security flaw?  Do you think that there will be more MTGOX type situations that undermines public confidence in BTC? What are we looking for in May 2015?

I would suggest that BTC is going to still be vibrant by next May and the price will likely be anywhere between $500 per BTC and $5,000 per BTC.  I would be surprised if BTC prices are outside of that range, but even if prices are outside that range, I doubt that prices alone dictates whether BTC is successful, so if you want to indicate other ways of success or failure, I may be able to play along with you.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 12:52:56 PM

We've talked about this before, too.  I already told you that I would say the same things to your face as I do behind a keyboard; however, it is likely that I would NOT tolerate being around somebody like you for very long.  Additionally, I would probably NOT want to meet somebody like you face to face, at this point, b/c it sounds as if you have violent tendencies, so why would I want to put myself in a violent situation with someone who is supposed to be a grown man, but has difficulties articulating himself, so he wants to resort to physical confrontation.  I would NOT want to do that b/c I consider myself to be able to resolve matters without physical violence.. yet I am prepared to throw down on the street if I have to with some stranger; however, i am NOT going to purposefully put myself into some physical altercation situation with someone who is already engaging in implied threats.

The only time having any physical fight is defending my 3 years old daughter at the time from an alcoholic crack head, otherwise I have never in my life had any physical attack from or to anyone, if you are so annoyed by my post, an easy way for your misery would be hitting that ignore and have peace with yourself.

my irritation with you has NOT reached that level in which I would want to ignore you, yet, even though you can be quite provocative and even repetitive... but I still would like to look through your posts to make sure that they are not too "OUTRAGEOUS"   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

well, anyhow, I am glad to be corrected and to hear from you that you are NOT the violent type.
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 12:55:57 PM

my irritation with you has NOT reached that level, yet, even though you can be quite provocative and even repetitive...

well, anyhow, I am glad to be corrected and to hear from you that you are NOT the violent type.

well, you maybe didn't yet, but I already had it with your nonsense, I don't know why I even putted you out of my ignore, you are going back there anyway.
johnwest

Activity: 1106
Merit: 503

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 12:56:33 PM

not gonna happen, there is no bitcoin saver, bitcoin is going to nowhere but down

Falling is in full form, he don't want that price will going upside.
I really don't thin spreading fud's from falling will impact even 0.00000001%.
But still he spread fud as much as he can.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1779

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 12:59:24 PM

Explanation
ChancellorOnABrink

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:01:55 PM

So please stop quoting him
He is on my ignor list but i ca nsee half of his BS.
fonsie

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:04:45 PM

I just talked to my parrot and he said "bitcoin to the moon", now you are saying like a parrot "cut loose".

This is confusing to me, but since my parrot seems to be smarter than you... moon it is. You scammer.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:04:47 PM

my irritation with you has NOT reached that level, yet, even though you can be quite provocative and even repetitive...

well, you maybe didn't yet, but I already had it with your nonsense, I don't know why I even putted you out of my ignore, you are going back there anyway.

right when I think that we are starting to have a mutual understanding, you get all upset and change your mind and decide to discontinue communications... ...  Either way is fine with me... 
fonsie

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:06:34 PM

So please stop quoting him
He is on my ignor list but i ca nsee half of his BS.

You have to admit, the guy is hilarious and he makes me smile with his nonsense funny talk.
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:07:50 PM

Does anybody also have a bad feeling about this? The Chinese will continue dumping for years...
At least we know now who the wall guys are.

http://www.thecoinsman.com/2014/08/bitcoin/inside-one-worlds-largest-bitcoin-mines/

3600 coins are 3600 coins, and it doesn't matter whether they are mined on some guys phone or a wall of silicon a mile high.  But the guy who has to buy the mountain of silicon is a lot less likely to sell them for peanuts.
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:10:21 PM

Seems logical for a large holder currently investing in a startup bitcoin fund would want to keep a market moving sideways so when the fund starts it is easier to attract investors
I love speculation
thoughts anyone

My impression from the charts is that, since May/20, most traders would push the price down, but a few traders keep it up by a series of isolated buying spurts.  These could be fund owners trying to lift the price to the 500--600$ level and keep it there.   

Funds (all of them not just GABI) need to convince their clients that bitcoin price will go up faster than other investments.  But they would need some pretty good arguments to overcome the bad impression that clients will get from looking at a daily or weekly price chart.  (They need also to keep from clients the fact that the price is still sustained by the demand of Chinese daytraders.)

Keeping the price stable would help.  It may also make the SEC slightly more inclined to approve COIN.

But I suspect that the May/20 mini-bubble and the subsequent relative stability will bot be enough to impress clients and the SEC.  On the other hand, those buying spurts should add up to a lot more than they could earn from fees. 

Fund owners can profit a lot more when the price drops, because they can sell the coins at a higher price before the client liquidates at the lower price.  So perhaps they have pumped the price to the current range to play that trick, and will let it drop back to the 400$ range or lower once they have sold enough shares.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:10:37 PM

Does anybody also have a bad feeling about this? The Chinese will continue dumping for years...
At least we know now who the wall guys are.

http://www.thecoinsman.com/2014/08/bitcoin/inside-one-worlds-largest-bitcoin-mines/

3600 coins are 3600 coins, and it doesn't matter whether they are mined on some guys phone or a wall of silicon a mile high.  But the guy who has to buy the mountain of silicon is a lot less likely to sell them for peanuts.

Even one location like this is NOT going to mine all of the coins... maybe 30% at best, no?
Sandia

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:13:40 PM

The price dropped $5 while I was sleeping, and all the trolls came out.  Entire pages in this thread with only one or 2 comments that are not ignored.

$513 to 508.74 is enough to bring out the trolls?  That has to be bullish with less than a 1% drop is the most they can hope for.
Bittings

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:17:41 PM

But I suspect that the May/20 mini-bubble and the subsequent relative stability will bot be enough to impress clients and the SEC.  On the other hand, those buying spurts should add up to a lot more than they could earn from fees.  

Now trying to subconsciously reference the willy bot from MtGox, nice try Jorge, I'm still onto you, its not going to work.

Yes I'm joking
Pages: « 1 ... 7960 7961 7962 7963 7964 7965 7966 7967 7968 7969 7970 7971 7972 7973 7974 7975 7976 7977 7978 7979 7980 7981 7982 7983 7984 7985 7986 7987 7988 7989 7990 7991 7992 7993 7994 7995 7996 7997 7998 7999 8000 8001 8002 8003 8004 8005 8006 8007 8008 8009 [8010] 8011 8012 8013 8014 8015 8016 8017 8018 8019 8020 8021 8022 8023 8024 8025 8026 8027 8028 8029 8030 8031 8032 8033 8034 8035 8036 8037 8038 8039 8040 8041 8042 8043 8044 8045 8046 8047 8048 8049 8050 8051 8052 8053 8054 8055 8056 8057 8058 8059 8060 ... 33492 »
  Print  

Jump to: