May 12, 2024, 05:06:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 7995 7996 7997 7998 7999 8000 8001 8002 8003 8004 8005 8006 8007 8008 8009 8010 8011 8012 8013 8014 8015 8016 8017 8018 8019 8020 8021 8022 8023 8024 8025 8026 8027 8028 8029 8030 8031 8032 8033 8034 8035 8036 8037 8038 8039 8040 8041 8042 8043 8044 [8045] 8046 8047 8048 8049 8050 8051 8052 8053 8054 8055 8056 8057 8058 8059 8060 8061 8062 8063 8064 8065 8066 8067 8068 8069 8070 8071 8072 8073 8074 8075 8076 8077 8078 8079 8080 8081 8082 8083 8084 8085 8086 8087 8088 8089 8090 8091 8092 8093 8094 8095 ... 33343 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26382104 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10240

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:51:02 AM

Nah, I meant that if I tried to make the esoteric legal explanation, which at least opens the door to a more negative possibility, this would like be characterized as a FUD attempt. So, I simply would say that I have some concerns.

It seems as if I misunderstood you, then. 

It does seem that people use the term FUD in differing ways, and sometimes people purposefully misuse the term FUD in order to spread FUD.. or at least to create ambiguity for a discussion that should NOT be so ambiguous.

Personally, I am of the belief that the more you explain, then the less likely you should be accused of spreading FUD, unless of course you are merely just seeming to argue the one side and to mislead concerning mitigating facts or standards, or something like that.  If you are merely pointing out some administrative law or some other case law that helps to bring you to the conclusion that the Winklevii are NOT going to be approved, then those kinds of factual details could help to establish that you are actually relying on meaningful sources to reach your conclusion(s) regarding such prediction of non-approval.

Accordingly, if you were to put out some of those sources of information on a public thread, then maybe some peeps would read those sources and come to similar conclusions as you or may come to different conclusions or may be inspired to engage in further research to clarify and/or to predict.

Except for the requirement to engage in extra work for the poster, I cannot really see any downside to sharing legal and/or administrative information - except to the extent that if you are relying on secondary sources that are misquoting the actual authoritative sources.

As far as the pessimism... I am normally biased in that direction so take that with at least a grain of salt -- I am naturally a critic. That said, there are some real challenges and we may very well meet them. But, it's not like they aren't there. The further out you go, failure is always more likely than success.

Nothing wrong with being pessimistic or critical b/c it takes all kinds in this world, but sometimes people will get worn out and NOT want to hang out with you, if they conclude that you are too much of a pessimist.

I believe the further you go out, the more difficult it is to predict what is going to happen - whether it is possitive or negative; however, in the short and medium term, we do NOT need that level  of certainty about the long term future b/c it is either NOT relevant or only minimally relevant to the question in front of us today, and that is to buy, sell or hodl..

I heart the Black Market, non-regulated aspects of Bitcoin. F--- Wall Street. Bunch of bastards.

I am tending to agree with you about the need for continued development and evolution of these various black market characteristics and features.. yet, wallstreet and regulation seems to be a kind of double edged sword to bring validity and acceptance and maybe even to lessen some of the possibilities of hostility with the mainstream economy.  Some people suggest that we do NOT need them at all  (which seems to be where you are leaning and to me that seems extreme), but wallstreet and regulations do seem to lend some credibility and some potential for large scale expansion.. and in the short term such BTC markets will likely be manipulated by big financial holders until market cap exceeds gold... or some level in that $10 trillion dollar ball park..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
2collect

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:53:56 AM

Obviously Fallling is a bit of a dick but the guy is honestly right more than any of you bulls are. Fallling why exactly do you troll so much and hate bitcoin is it because you honestly see no need for it? I finally made an account on here out of frustration because I guess I'm a "weak-hand". I buy 5 BTC a week ago because all the experts on here tell me we should start seeing some upward pressure but all I've seen is my money down the toilet and don't expect to see any actual gains any time soon. My knowledge of trading is very elementary but it appears most people's views on here are pretty out of touch with reality. Anytime you say "Cheap coins!?" because the price is dropping and then a week later it drops some more..well you messed up there didn't you because ya could have gotten them a tad bit cheaper.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:55:56 AM

it looks like JayJuanGee is trying to "talk up" BTC

Dude's been a bull from day one. It's not like he is Rpietilla (or whatever the hell his name is) selling $100,000 magic bean coins while also looking to unload a stunning array of s---coins. JayJuanGee is alright.

hehehe.. This is almost like a compliment saying that I am NOT Rpietilla.   Cheesy  Wink
grappa_barricata

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

playing pasta and eating mandolinos

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:56:40 AM

If the ETF comes through in the next month or so, then it is absolutely right on spot to catch all those bond and stock traders looking for a way to escape the dollapocalypse that is coming their way.

That arab market too, seems to be at the right place in the right time. Oh the coincidences.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 06:57:16 AM

Momentum hasn't picked up too heavily yet, but I suspect it might. We kept pounding on that 3100/500 level until it gave in. I think when we bounce next, it may become a strong resistance. We'll see, but it looks like there is more down incoming. Undecided

told ya, you have to face bitcoin's downfall sooner or later

falling STFU

i went to a crazy party last night and i said so crazy shit

but saying bitcoin was gonna go to the moon in 10 years or pretty fucking son so BUY BUY BUY!

wasn't one of them.

bitcoin is fucking Gold my friend, Gold!

deal with it.

you know this..... you know bitcoin....

sell walls at $500 are being built, soon $500 will be a unreachable target or replace the definition of "moon" Smiley
irrelative. you know this....

honestly fuck i hope a bunch of restarts sell their gold, i need to replenish my stash really... dont mind doing that on the Cheap! Lol.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:59:26 AM

sell walls at $500 are being built, soon $500 will be a unreachable target or replace the definition of "moon" Smiley

I see no walls at 500$, and I'm watching 6 fucking markets.

U gotta use your imagination.. That's what falllllllllllllllllllllllling does. 
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:59:35 AM

Explanation
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 06:59:48 AM

If the ETF comes through in the next month or so, then it is absolutely right on spot to catch all those bond and stock traders looking for a way to escape the dollapocalypse that is coming their way.

That arab market too, seems to be at the right place in the right time. Oh the coincidences.

who gives a shit about etfS MAN bitcoin! irrelative

irrelative every word

future is now

time is now

buy BuY BUY!!!

every other day.

Wink  Cheesy
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 07:01:50 AM

what is this sub 500 BS come on UP!

gooooood night!
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 07:02:17 AM

Obviously Fallling is a bit of a dick but the guy is honestly right more than any of you bulls are. Fallling why exactly do you troll so much and hate bitcoin is it because you honestly see no need for it? I finally made an account on here out of frustration because I guess I'm a "weak-hand". I buy 5 BTC a week ago because all the experts on here tell me we should start seeing some upward pressure but all I've seen is my money down the toilet and don't expect to see any actual gains any time soon. My knowledge of trading is very elementary but it appears most people's views on here are pretty out of touch with reality. Anytime you say "Cheap coins!?" because the price is dropping and then a week later it drops some more..well you messed up there didn't you because ya could have gotten them a tad bit cheaper.
There are basically to ways to invest:
1) Buy when there is blood - you may catch a falling knife though
2) Buy in a rally (in the beginning, you should be able to tell when it is worth getting in) - you may get in late

Usually if you respect your fiat you choose 2)
If you invest what you can afford to lose you go with 1)

Don't accuse the 'experts' bro..
2collect

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 07:04:05 AM

Momentum hasn't picked up too heavily yet, but I suspect it might. We kept pounding on that 3100/500 level until it gave in. I think when we bounce next, it may become a strong resistance. We'll see, but it looks like there is more down incoming. Undecided

falling STFU

but saying bitcoin was gonna go to the moon in 10 years or pretty fucking son so BUY BUY BUY!

wasn't one of them.

deal with it.

honestly fuck i hope a bunch of restarts sell their gold, i need to replenish my stash really... dont mind doing that on the Cheap! Lol.

If BTC drops further doesn't that mean the coins you bought were not that cheap? Hope your party was good.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 07:08:26 AM

falling STFU

wasn't one of them.

deal with it.

If BTC drops further doesn't that mean the coins you bought were not that cheap? Hope your party was good.

it was a wedding!! goood party  Cheesy

i said i'm all in at 520, but really i got more fiat if it drops more, i buy more! The news is terrific and so is the price so why not lol!
grappa_barricata

Activity: 154

playing pasta and eating mandolinos

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 07:10:13 AM

Newbie1022

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 07:13:00 AM

falling STFU

wasn't one of them.

deal with it.

it was a wedding!! goood party  Cheesy

i said i'm all in at 520, but really i got more fiat if it drops more, i buy more! The news is terrific and so is the price so why not lol!

Seriously, I am considering selling my laptop and my Ipod if this keeps up. If it carries on even further my car is next.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 07:14:04 AM

If you are relying upon general overall sentiments here in this thread and on this fourm, then you are likely going to be FUCKED!!!!

You should be figuring out how to buy within comfort levels that work for you. what is your risk tolerance what is your financial profile what is your timeline.. what are your other investments etc etc etc. 

So for example, if you had $2800 to invest in BTC - one or two weeks ago, then maybe you would invest half.. and then wait and then invest a little more if the price drops...  or figure out a way that was comfortable to you and to attempt to leverage against falling prices, in the event they were to occur. 

There are almost NO bulls here that suggest that they really know what the market is going to do on a short term basis. 

I am considered a bull, and I have been investing since November 2013.. when prices were at $1200.  Currently, my average price per BTC in is about $607 per BTC.  Yet I am NOT worried b/c I did NOT over invest from my total investment package and my personal goals.  So hopefully, you did NOT over invest when you bought the 5 BTC.

If you think  fallllling is so correct and you are already scared about BTC dropping somewhat, then you probably have over invested.  Fallling does NOT really know what the fuck he is talking about... him and a few others who are just spouting off about the downfall of BTC.

In an overall bear market, trolls like fallllling are going to be correct.. but that does NOT mean that they know what the fuck they are talking about.

Anyhow, you sound a bit like a whiner.. and hopefully, you can figure out something comfortable in order that you do NOT panic sell.. but ultimately, that is up to you... currently, I continue to buy and to hodl... as do many of us who are perceived as bullish about BTC.
2collect

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 07:15:18 AM

There are basically to ways to invest:
1) Buy when there is blood - you may catch a falling knife though
2) Buy in a rally (in the beginning, you should be able to tell when it is worth getting in) - you may get in late

Usually if you respect your fiat you choose 2)
If you invest what you can afford to lose you go with 1)

Don't accuse the 'experts' bro..

I made a hefty penny off the last big rally in May. If I had kept my btc I would have lost any gains whatsoever by now.
Hunyadi
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1000

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 07:17:59 AM

If you buy bitcoins you should expect extreme volatility. The market is still very young.
escalicha

Activity: 658
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 07:23:43 AM

No one are speaking about btc-e trades? crazy boot? No fee? xD
bitcodo

Activity: 509
Merit: 500

Can't upload avatar

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 07:24:19 AM

That btc-e volume
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 07:25:57 AM

Well hopped on and got .36 BTC at $495.25 on coinbase...... for the sole purpose of popping my cherry to have over 50 BTC now.

Just a heads up ...I always punch the ticket too soon..it will likely fall more...just watch... Smiley

anyway got 50 coin now.... managed to squeak (maybe) out of minnow status?

this catching a falling knife stuff is tricky

Searing
Pages: « 1 ... 7995 7996 7997 7998 7999 8000 8001 8002 8003 8004 8005 8006 8007 8008 8009 8010 8011 8012 8013 8014 8015 8016 8017 8018 8019 8020 8021 8022 8023 8024 8025 8026 8027 8028 8029 8030 8031 8032 8033 8034 8035 8036 8037 8038 8039 8040 8041 8042 8043 8044 [8045] 8046 8047 8048 8049 8050 8051 8052 8053 8054 8055 8056 8057 8058 8059 8060 8061 8062 8063 8064 8065 8066 8067 8068 8069 8070 8071 8072 8073 8074 8075 8076 8077 8078 8079 8080 8081 8082 8083 8084 8085 8086 8087 8088 8089 8090 8091 8092 8093 8094 8095 ... 33343 »
  Print  

Jump to: