May 12, 2024, 04:30:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 7993 7994 7995 7996 7997 7998 7999 8000 8001 8002 8003 8004 8005 8006 8007 8008 8009 8010 8011 8012 8013 8014 8015 8016 8017 8018 8019 8020 8021 8022 8023 8024 8025 8026 8027 8028 8029 8030 8031 8032 8033 8034 8035 8036 8037 8038 8039 8040 8041 8042 [8043] 8044 8045 8046 8047 8048 8049 8050 8051 8052 8053 8054 8055 8056 8057 8058 8059 8060 8061 8062 8063 8064 8065 8066 8067 8068 8069 8070 8071 8072 8073 8074 8075 8076 8077 8078 8079 8080 8081 8082 8083 8084 8085 8086 8087 8088 8089 8090 8091 8092 8093 ... 33342 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26382089 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Newbie1022

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 04:26:32 AM

OpenBazaar started today, right? So we have Arab money, GABI, OpenBazaar, and more. Price really is bound to rise. Overthink at your own peril.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sandia

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 04:34:59 AM

A big hidden ask wall has been selling on Bfx for 6 hours at 500.27.

It was nice of him not to just dump. 
Newbie1022

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 04:36:17 AM

OpenBazaar will be like a Silk Road that no one can shut down.
falllling

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 04:45:25 AM

OpenBazaar started today, right? So we have Arab money, GABI, OpenBazaar, and more. Price really is bound to rise. Overthink at your own peril.

Winklevoss ETF will actually be shot down
GABI is already priced in
Dubai exchange won't create any thing new
OpenBazaar is interesting looks like a bitcoin accepted EBAY
Newbie1022

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 04:58:20 AM

1. Winklevoss will be shot down... agreed. But I am saying that as a former law student. All of the "analysts" say that it will go through and so that conventional wisdom should be used as the current peg especially given the ability to just use tight stop losses.

2. GABI is partially priced in and will not be the boon we wished it was. That said, it should feature some upside in buy activity, even if the purchases are off the market, because the coins accumulated would have otherwise been dumped on the exchanges. Thus, this brings upward pressure.

3. Dubai is another market... it's a good thing... not a huge thing. Dubai and re-expanding into Japan might help patch the issue of new users temporarily, but coins are being mined a lot quicker than newbies come in and so many get burnt early and develop an aversion. Thus, we have a problem of an only marginally expanding base coming in the next year.

4. OpenBazaar is both an Ebay and a Silk Road. The founders of it won't say that because they aren't trying to incur legal liability and are trying to play the role of decentralized middle men. But, it is a dark market... that's what happens in dark markets. That may breathe some life into this whole gambit for a little longer.

In a nutshell... we should be higher at this specific moment in time. As far as a few months from now... that could be a disaster. A few years from now... a total f---ing disaster.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 04:59:34 AM

Explanation
falllling

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 05:02:11 AM

1. Winklevoss will be shot down... agreed. But I am saying that as a former law student. All of the "analysts" say that it will go through and so that conventional wisdom should be used as the current peg especially given the ability to just use tight stop losses.

2. GABI is partially priced in and will not be the boon we wished it was. That said, it should feature some upside in buy activity, even if the purchases are off the market, because the coins accumulated would have otherwise been dumped on the exchanges. Thus, this brings upward pressure.

3. Dubai is another market... it's a good thing... not a huge thing. Dubai and re-expanding into Japan might help patch the issue of new users temporarily, but coins are being mined a lot quicker than newbies come in and so many get burnt early and develop an aversion. Thus, we have a problem of an only marginally expanding base coming in the next year.

4. OpenBazaar is both an Ebay and a Silk Road. The founders of it won't say that because they aren't trying to incur legal liability and are trying to play the role of decentralized middle men. But, it is a dark market... that's what happens in dark markets. That may breathe some life into this whole gambit for a little longer.

In a nutshell... we should be higher at this specific moment in time. As far as a few months from now... that could be a disaster. A few years from now... a total f---ing disaster.

nice points!
Newbie1022

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 05:04:31 AM

nice points!

Yay!!
pa

Activity: 528
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 05:09:06 AM

I agree with the sentiment... but I still think that there is going to could  be a bang in a city in a place that is not expecting it at some point before all this is up...  I cannot see the players giving in so easily.

As for the longer term future... with that I DO share your optimism, the world is a changin' indeed and in the future I see some rapid evolution events.. I do still believe in people.. and I do think we are on a verge of global changes... I just hope they come in time, and with as little blood as possible..
i.e there is not another 9/11 style event in a major city that takes a lot of civilian lives... one last(?) big bang so to speak to kickstart this whole thing.. I hope you are right..and I am wrong and it never happens, and the consequences that follow are avoided.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-08-29/time-ripe-false-flag-attack-american-soil
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10240

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 05:17:15 AM

400's again for some seconds when I was out, but still close to no volume.

And seriously ppl posting rocket pictures at this situation?

I'm always afraid when we're crossing such a psychological threshold, as I'm afraid some stop losses are being fired, that trigger some longs on margin to be liquidated. Things tend to go pretty ugly on Finex when that happens, you know Wink

I understand the worry, but I don't think these things have lasting impact.  Hell, even if the price dropped to $200, it wouldn't change my 2020 outlook.  And I'll be hodling.

vuduchyld:  I am using your above response as a springboard for my below comments, and I am NOT directing anything specifically at you, since I already have come to understand that you and I have very similar ideas regarding our investing strategies in BTC.

Nonetheless,  let me say:::: 2020 is nearly 5.5 years from now, and it seems a bit too long term regarding whether one should keep buying today, or hodl or sell.  I mean a person does NOT really need to commit to that long of a time period in order to be bullish about BTC in the "long term."

BTC seems like one of those kinds of assets that any investor would need to reassess about every couple years, and these days to assess the various potential competitors to the extent that they may be evolving, yet I believe that currently  a person can make a pretty solid investment commitment decision for a 2-3 year time-frame and to consider that 2-3 year period as fairly long term.. b/c at the moment BTC does NOT have any real meaningful competitors.

Don't get me wrong, I am bullish about BTC long-term and I am planning to stay invested in BTC as long as it appears to have long-term potential and it is NOT getting beat out by any competitor crypto, but in bitcoinlandia, 5.5 years is nearly the whole life of BTC.. so in another 5.5 years, BTC will be 2X.... that is if BTC is still alive and well at that time. 

You know several trolls mention some silly-ass stupid ideas about where bitcoin will be in 100 years or some other time period way into the future.  Sure it is o.k .to have visions about the long term and sure it is o.k. to have a long term plan, but really, BTC is a new space.. .and therefore the farther into the future that one is attempting to prognosticate, the less need to attempt to predict specifics b/c many variables can project specifics into vastly different trajectories.

And probably several of us who remain bullish about BTC remain of such disposition based on BTC remaining the main game in town in light of the competition, and even though several people are spouting off regarding the competition  and the potential of the competition, the competition remains mere distractions and it is likely that these downward whale manipulators are only going to be able to keep the cap on BTC for so much longer.. whether they can achieve this for a month, 6 months or longer than a year, many of us will continue to hang in their with our BTC investment, absent some material significant negative change in BTC fundamentals.
falllling

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 05:19:26 AM

I'm always afraid when we're crossing such a psychological threshold, as I'm afraid some stop losses are being fired, that trigger some longs on margin to be liquidated. Things tend to go pretty ugly on Finex when that happens, you know Wink

I understand the worry, but I don't think these things have lasting impact.  Hell, even if the price dropped to $200, it wouldn't change my 2020 outlook.  And I'll be hodling.

vuduchyld:  I am using your above response as a springboard for my below comments, and I am NOT directing anything specifically at you, since I already have come to understand that you and I have very similar ideas regarding our investing strategies in BTC.

Nonetheless,  let me say:::: 2020 is nearly 5.5 years from now, and it seems a bit too long term regarding whether one should keep buying today, or hodl or sell.  I mean a person does NOT really need to commit to that long of a time period in order to be bullish about BTC in the "long term."

BTC seems like one of those kinds of assets that any investor would need to reassess about every couple years, and these days to assess the various potential competitors to the extent that they may be evolving, yet I believe that currently  a person can make a pretty solid investment commitment decision for a 2-3 year time-frame and to consider that 2-3 year period as fairly long term.. b/c at the moment BTC does NOT have any real meaningful competitors.

Don't get me wrong, I am bullish about BTC long-term and I am planning to stay invested in BTC as long as it appears to have long-term potential and it is NOT getting beat out by any competitor crypto, but in bitcoinlandia, 5.5 years is nearly the whole life of BTC.. so in another 5.5 years, BTC will be 2X.... that is if BTC is still alive and well at that time. 

You know several trolls mention some silly-ass stupid ideas about where bitcoin will be in 100 years or some other time period way into the future.  Sure it is o.k .to have visions about the long term and sure it is o.k. to have a long term plan, but really, BTC is a new space.. .and therefore the farther into the future that one is attempting to prognosticate, the less need to attempt to predict specifics b/c many variables can project specifics into vastly different trajectories.

And probably several of us who remain bullish about BTC remain of such disposition based on BTC remaining the main game in town in light of the competition, and even though several people are spouting off regarding the competition  and the potential of the competition, the competition remains mere distractions and it is likely that these downward whale manipulators are only going to be able to keep the cap on BTC for so much longer.. whether they can achieve this for a month, 6 months or longer than a year, many of us will continue to hang in their with our BTC investment, absent some material significant negative change in BTC fundamentals.

most likely bitcoin will die in 1-2 years
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 05:29:27 AM

"nice"    hahahahahaha..... They's too scared to just dump BTCs.. that is why they's be creating these invisible walls.   Cheesy Cheesy Wink
falllling

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 05:30:49 AM

"nice"    hahahahahaha..... They's too scared to just dump BTCs.. that is why they's be creating these invisible walls.   Cheesy Cheesy Wink

time to kiss $500 goodbye
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 05:31:43 AM

I thought that silk road was already like a silk road that could NOT be shut down.
falllling

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 05:32:44 AM

I thought that silk road was already like a silk road that could NOT be shut down.

you mean SILKROAD ver 2.0
Newbie1022

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 05:32:49 AM

This. It will be replaced by something that didn't go "pop" (pop culture). Once we invited regulation we invited demise. I am sorry, but 10% discounts from Dell doesn't cover the speculative risk that comes with the currency in the eyes of the average investor. I mean we basically turned this whole thing into regular money with the only difference being instead of the Federal Reserve we have uber whales and Wall Street pulling the strings and being the Junta that decides whether the price goes up or down. OpenBazaar will be huge, though. It provides a novelty over regular currency and a large, non-risk averse user base.

These are my opinions. You all already know I am a long-term bear albeit somewhat measured in that view. Things could change or a major government could collapse, but these possibilities... and they are possible... are still low enough risk in the next couple of years that I wouldn't put my money on it. Also, those governments, especially the U.S., would probably put the kibosh on a now much more heavily regulated Bitcoin to delay any such collapse. So, even that idea is in practice a bit of a loser.
Newbie1022

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 05:34:12 AM

This is more P2P as opposed to centralized through a market hub. The architecture is a little more thoughtful. It should hold strong.
Newbie1022

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 05:40:05 AM

Is it just me or is the hash rate more than double what it was in June? =S
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 05:45:27 AM

"former law student" is supposed to bring some expertise?   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

WE do NOT really have any strong or credible evidence that Winklevoss will be shot down...   I thought that the weight of the persuasive evidence (upon the preponderance of the law talk) was that Winklevoss would go through?

Gabi is NOT priced in b/c the purchase of BTC is an ongoing activity, and we do NOT know when they will be buying their 200k BTC.. or if they have already bought them... I agree if they have already bought a large majority of the 200K BTC, then probably GABI is priced in.

I agree with you general sentiment that there is going to be upward pressures on the acquisition and accumulation of BTC, and accordingly upward pressure on price in the short term.  On the other hand, I do NOT understand how you could thereafter conclude that further down the road there is doom and gloom.  In fact further down the road, there should be increased upward pressure on attempting to acquire and to accumulate BTC and therefore upward pressure on BTC prices, which I would NOT characterize as anything approaching "disaster."

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 05:49:24 AM

I understand the worry, but I don't think these things have lasting impact.  Hell, even if the price dropped to $200, it wouldn't change my 2020 outlook.  And I'll be hodling.

vuduchyld:  I am using your above response as a springboard for my below comments, and I am NOT directing anything specifically at you, since I already have come to understand that you and I have very similar ideas regarding our investing strategies in BTC.

Nonetheless,  let me say:::: 2020 is nearly 5.5 years from now, and it seems a bit too long term regarding whether one should keep buying today, or hodl or sell.  I mean a person does NOT really need to commit to that long of a time period in order to be bullish about BTC in the "long term."

BTC seems like one of those kinds of assets that any investor would need to reassess about every couple years, and these days to assess the various potential competitors to the extent that they may be evolving, yet I believe that currently  a person can make a pretty solid investment commitment decision for a 2-3 year time-frame and to consider that 2-3 year period as fairly long term.. b/c at the moment BTC does NOT have any real meaningful competitors.

You know several trolls mention some silly-ass stupid ideas about where bitcoin will be in 100 years or some other time period way into the future.  Sure it is o.k .to have visions about the long term and sure it is o.k. to have a long term plan, but really, BTC is a new space.. .and therefore the farther into the future that one is attempting to prognosticate, the less need to attempt to predict specifics b/c many variables can project specifics into vastly different trajectories.

And probably several of us who remain bullish about BTC remain of such disposition based on BTC remaining the main game in town in light of the competition, and even though several people are spouting off regarding the competition  and the potential of the competition, the competition remains mere distractions and it is likely that these downward whale manipulators are only going to be able to keep the cap on BTC for so much longer.. whether they can achieve this for a month, 6 months or longer than a year, many of us will continue to hang in their with our BTC investment, absent some material significant negative change in BTC fundamentals.

From time to time, you can be very profound.  I like your extensive analysis and your eye for detailed explanations.   Smiley

Edit:  Also, your use of the qualifier, "most likely" strikes me as a bit bullish, no? 
Pages: « 1 ... 7993 7994 7995 7996 7997 7998 7999 8000 8001 8002 8003 8004 8005 8006 8007 8008 8009 8010 8011 8012 8013 8014 8015 8016 8017 8018 8019 8020 8021 8022 8023 8024 8025 8026 8027 8028 8029 8030 8031 8032 8033 8034 8035 8036 8037 8038 8039 8040 8041 8042 [8043] 8044 8045 8046 8047 8048 8049 8050 8051 8052 8053 8054 8055 8056 8057 8058 8059 8060 8061 8062 8063 8064 8065 8066 8067 8068 8069 8070 8071 8072 8073 8074 8075 8076 8077 8078 8079 8080 8081 8082 8083 8084 8085 8086 8087 8088 8089 8090 8091 8092 8093 ... 33342 »
  Print  

Jump to: