June 17, 2024, 10:10:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 8412 8413 8414 8415 8416 8417 8418 8419 8420 8421 8422 8423 8424 8425 8426 8427 8428 8429 8430 8431 8432 8433 8434 8435 8436 8437 8438 8439 8440 8441 8442 8443 8444 8445 8446 8447 8448 8449 8450 8451 8452 8453 8454 8455 8456 8457 8458 8459 8460 8461 [8462] 8463 8464 8465 8466 8467 8468 8469 8470 8471 8472 8473 8474 8475 8476 8477 8478 8479 8480 8481 8482 8483 8484 8485 8486 8487 8488 8489 8490 8491 8492 8493 8494 8495 8496 8497 8498 8499 8500 8501 8502 8503 8504 8505 8506 8507 8508 8509 8510 8511 8512 ... 33453 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26401420 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
piyany

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:09:29 PM

A few minutes before the rally started nearly all the bids on Bitstamp down to 360 were removed within in a second. Also quite a lot of asks were removed, but far less than bids. I switched over to the trading PC and by then everything was back to normal. Did anyone else catch that? I wonder what that was all about, there were literally only a few dozen coins worth of bids down to 360, basically just a long flat green line (on bitcoinity.org). A bug maybe? But would be a weird coincidence because it happened right before that rally.

About the rally itself: I kinda feel that this was orchestrated by a single entity, probably in order to induce a short squeeze. I doubt very much that this was "organic" buying by people who suddenly all decided to buy in unison. Or maybe I'm wrong and it was caused by a bunch of people buying because of the paypal news, but I doubt it...

I followed the rally early on and decided @ about $415 that someone was trying to squeeze those 11000 shorts out. So I went "picking up pennies in front of the steamroller" - I bought into the askwalls, then set up my own askwalls at a slighty higher price. Worked out well, but I would have been in trouble if the price had reversed suddenly. Bids were very thin, so I wouldn't have been able to sell the coins back at the price I bought them at. Was probably not a good idea, even though I made some profit.

Similar to my own ideas: I don't think it was "organic" either, in the sense of buying pressure slowly building up, then being released. Looked like a single entity to me as well, only question is: why? Seems by buying gradually, you could minimize slippage, so assuming the original assumption (one entity driving this one) is right, I can see two reasons to buy it all at once, across exchanges: to "make a point" for the bulls, or to squeeze shorts. The latter didn't seem to work (so far), however, judging by the finex stats.

I will tell you why. Now we will stay in this range for some time so the whales can distribute more coins to some bulls thinking we gonna go above 450$ and stay there (which would mean breaking  downtrend that was going for months). This is very bad because price will still go down after all but we gonna have another level of resistance later on on the way up. F*ck you whales, could have dumped some more to retest previous lows first and then rebound with this news.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 08:10:31 PM

new target 420. 420 is happening poeple, i will buy cheap coins! i will!
Adam, quit trolling the people here will ya? Grin

kingama

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:12:36 PM

Similar to my own ideas: I don't think it was "organic" either, in the sense of buying pressure slowly building up, then being released. Looked like a single entity to me as well, only question is: why? Seems by buying gradually, you could minimize slippage, so assuming the original assumption (one entity driving this one) is right, I can see two reasons to buy it all at once, across exchanges: to "make a point" for the bulls, or to squeeze shorts. The latter didn't seem to work (so far), however, judging by the finex stats.

My question for those that have watched the markets is, how do shorts react to this type of increase. Do they get fearful of putting in more shorts or do they just think what goes up must come down and increase their short interest? Hopefully it's the first.
hyphymikey

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:13:52 PM

his also means every company that works with paypal is going to accept btc through paypal. this will be the largest climb ever

the price is being artificially pushed down so some asshole can make a killing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCVQa2RbuCA&feature=youtu.be&t=4m55s

check the date and time on this... i nailed it ... please tip 198i7zCipYATtCB13V9HSv8EnuDCN2oYXE

I was closer, check date and time.
Please give bigger tip(and yours as well).
1K9vcx2wAiS6gDeNZcjKfqJtZ7anYJWZe5

Can somebody quote me on calling the bottom?
I would like to say "told you" in the future.

Today I had a new insight which confirms my previous prediction about the next bubble start (which you can read at the left)

The biggest tip you would have ever gotten was if you bought at the bottom that you "called".
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:14:12 PM

About the rally itself: I kinda feel that this was orchestrated by a single entity, probably in order to induce a short squeeze. I doubt very much that this was "organic" buying by people who suddenly all decided to buy in unison. Or maybe I'm wrong and it was caused by a bunch of people buying because of the paypal news, but I doubt it...

The rally that started May 20 too consisted of a few episodes of intense buying, 1-2 hour long, that drove the price up  by ~50$ each time; separated by "organic-looking" periods where the price just wandered about, often with a downward trend. 

Could this rally be the  first of another (mini-)bubble like that?
macsga
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:16:38 PM

A few minutes before the rally started nearly all the bids on Bitstamp down to 360 were removed within in a second. Also quite a lot of asks were removed, but far less than bids. I switched over to the trading PC and by then everything was back to normal. Did anyone else catch that? I wonder what that was all about, there were literally only a few dozen coins worth of bids down to 360, basically just a long flat green line (on bitcoinity.org). A bug maybe? But would be a weird coincidence because it happened right before that rally.

I followed the rally early on and decided @ about $415 that someone was trying to squeeze those 11000 shorts out. So I went "picking up pennies in front of the steamroller" - I bought into the askwalls, then set up my own askwalls at a slighty higher price. Worked out well, but I would have been in trouble if the price had reversed suddenly. Bids were very thin, so I wouldn't have been able to sell the coins back at the price I bought them at. Was probably not a good idea, even though I made some profit.

Gentlemen, as long as *THIS ONE ENTITY* has the dough to move the markets, there you have it. I don't see a point to find out the reason. Maybe he has no reason at all. Maybe he thinks, at this moment, this move is a great investment, or maybe he just thought that the Paypal news will turn the things around.

There have been a hell of a lot of reasons that BTC should go up all these months, but guess what... it didn't. Why don't you ask yourselves why was so in the first place?

We're floating in a pond that's full of whales. If one of them decides to make a move, many of us will feel like it's the mother of all storms coming over and over again. So here's your whale, he made his move. Waves coming. Let's all deal with it.
Thomas-s

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:16:45 PM
Last edit: November 18, 2014, 12:42:42 AM by Thomas-s

https://twitter.com/WhaleStJournal/status/514501974910590976

Bagholder of the year?

seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:19:09 PM

The rally that started May 20 too consisted of a few episodes of intense buying, 1-2 hour long, that drove the price up  by ~50$ each time; separated by "organic-looking" periods where the price just wandered about, often with a downward trend. 

As i said many times in the past (since 2011 bubble), we will have at least 5 bubbles during the price discovery process. So far we had only 3 bubbles, so we got a few more bubbles. During this process, the bitcoin network adoption/development will grow tens folds.

Notice all the idiotic bears in this forum are all registered after the last bubble? 2013 earliest?

jaredboice

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:22:38 PM

More like Understater of the Year.  In 3 years time, I think you could potentially add an extra zero to his price projection
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:24:23 PM

I am sure you know how to make money better than him...
jaredboice

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:24:35 PM

As i said many times in the past (since 2011 bubble), we will have at least 5 bubbles during the price discovery process. So far we had only 3 bubbles, so we got a few more bubbles. During this process, the bitcoin network adoption/development will grow tens folds.

Notice all the idiotic bears in this forum are all registered after the last bubble? 2013 earliest?

I'd say we have at least 3 more arc cycles before optimal price discovery.  Possibly 4.  Of course, if one ore two of those arc cycles go more parabolic than usual than who knows
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 5069

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:24:41 PM

Gentlemen, as long as *THIS ONE ENTITY* has the dough to move the markets, there you have it. I don't see a point to find out the reason. Maybe he has no reason at all. Maybe he thinks, at this moment, this move is a great investment, or maybe he just thought that the Paypal news will turn the things around.

There have been a hell of a lot of reasons that BTC should go up all these months, but guess what... it didn't. Why don't you ask yourselves why was so in the first place?

We're floating in a pond that's full of whales. If one of them decides to make a move, many of us will feel like it's the mother of all storms coming over and over again. So here's your whale, he made his move. Waves coming. Let's all deal with it.

Yes, but one whale will run out of funds soon.  We need TONS of whales all working in tandem.  Momentum can't just peak out, it has to keep going for weeks with heavy volume to fool (er, convince) the public.
jeezy
Legendary

Activity: 1237
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:24:47 PM

More like Understater of the Year.  In 3 years time, I think you could potentially add an extra zero to his price projection

Is this confirmed?
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:25:55 PM

This was clearly a bug at bitcoinity, happens a lot. Their bids/asks live chart for stamp is so unreal and not realiable to monitor lively and track changes. You need to use stamp order book chart to help with it to see how things really stands.

I'm not talking about bitcoinity, or any order book particulars. I simply agreed with colour that the action of the last hour looks more like a single massive buying entity  ("whale") to me than organic release of built up buying pressure.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 08:28:11 PM

This was clearly a bug at bitcoinity, happens a lot. Their bids/asks live chart for stamp is so unreal and not realiable to monitor lively and track changes. You need to use stamp order book chart to help with it to see how things really stands.

I'm not talking about bitcoinity, or any order book particulars. I simply agreed with colour that the action of the last hour looks more like a single massive buying entity  ("whale") to me than organic release of built up buying pressure.
stop loss hunt?

who cares!?

virtex is up.
pinky

Activity: 538

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:28:44 PM

Is this confirmed?

Yes, I can confirm this.
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:29:48 PM

stop loss hunt?

who cares!?

virtex is up.

agreed. most likely, imo.

that, or loaded made good on his implied promise Cheesy
MoreFun
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1003

WePower.red

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:29:57 PM

I'm not talking about bitcoinity, or any order book particulars. I simply agreed with colour that the action of the last hour looks more like a single massive buying entity  ("whale") to me than organic release of built up buying pressure.

Sorry, I was commenting colours first paragraph (didn't have time to search for his post Tongue ).

For the other part, this was all natural and bought by many users, was seen very clearly - then we just started following china till they broke the top. No single entity, you don't need one, just maybe starting push - 800btc on stamp.
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:31:12 PM

based on the amount of memberships looks like bitcoin rally might be for real

track bitcoin price by new members to the forum is it possible

Month    New Members
 Sep-14    8036
Aug-14   11443
Jul-14   11119
Jun-14   11952
May-14   14264
Apr-14   17948
Mar-14   45800
Feb-14   25448
Jan-14   26625
Dec-13   31775
Nov-13   19683
Oct-13   2927
Sep-13   5156
Aug-13   6052
Jul-13   7413
Jun-13   9373
May-13   15512
Apr-13   18712
Mar-13   7358
Feb-13   3532
Jan-13   3184
Dec-12   2766
Nov-12   2708
Oct-12   3200
Sep-12   2345
Aug-12   2395
Jul-12   2109
Jun-12   2080
May-12   2018
Apr-12   2072
Mar-12   2118
Feb-12   1991
Jan-12   2051
Dec-11   1725
Nov-11   1993
Oct-11   2078
Sep-11   2452
Aug-11   3866
Jul-11   5466
Jun-11   14483
May-11   5959
Apr-11   2924
Mar-11   2538
Feb-11   1379
Jan-11   837
Dec-10   680
Nov-10   374
Oct-10   315
Sep-10   587
Aug-10   515
Jul-10   370
Jun-10   55
May-10   65
Apr-10   73
Mar-10   40
Feb-10   25
Jan-10   9
Dec-09   15
Nov-09   4
macsga
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:32:25 PM

track bitcoin price by new members to the forum is it possible

Month    New Members
 Sep-14    8036
Aug-14   11443
Jul-14   11119
Jun-14   11952
May-14   14264
Apr-14   17948
Mar-14   45800
Feb-14   25448
Jan-14   26625
Dec-13   31775
Nov-13   19683
Oct-13   2927
Sep-13   5156
Aug-13   6052
Jul-13   7413
Jun-13   9373
May-13   15512
Apr-13   18712
Mar-13   7358
Feb-13   3532
Jan-13   3184
Dec-12   2766
Nov-12   2708
Oct-12   3200
Sep-12   2345
Aug-12   2395
Jul-12   2109
Jun-12   2080
May-12   2018
Apr-12   2072
Mar-12   2118
Feb-12   1991
Jan-12   2051
Dec-11   1725
Nov-11   1993
Oct-11   2078
Sep-11   2452
Aug-11   3866
Jul-11   5466
Jun-11   14483
May-11   5959
Apr-11   2924
Mar-11   2538
Feb-11   1379
Jan-11   837
Dec-10   680
Nov-10   374
Oct-10   315
Sep-10   587
Aug-10   515
Jul-10   370
Jun-10   55
May-10   65
Apr-10   73
Mar-10   40
Feb-10   25
Jan-10   9
Dec-09   15
Nov-09   4

DAT stats !!!! Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 8412 8413 8414 8415 8416 8417 8418 8419 8420 8421 8422 8423 8424 8425 8426 8427 8428 8429 8430 8431 8432 8433 8434 8435 8436 8437 8438 8439 8440 8441 8442 8443 8444 8445 8446 8447 8448 8449 8450 8451 8452 8453 8454 8455 8456 8457 8458 8459 8460 8461 [8462] 8463 8464 8465 8466 8467 8468 8469 8470 8471 8472 8473 8474 8475 8476 8477 8478 8479 8480 8481 8482 8483 8484 8485 8486 8487 8488 8489 8490 8491 8492 8493 8494 8495 8496 8497 8498 8499 8500 8501 8502 8503 8504 8505 8506 8507 8508 8509 8510 8511 8512 ... 33453 »
  Print  

Jump to: