July 02, 2024, 09:17:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 8429 8430 8431 8432 8433 8434 8435 8436 8437 8438 8439 8440 8441 8442 8443 8444 8445 8446 8447 8448 8449 8450 8451 8452 8453 8454 8455 8456 8457 8458 8459 8460 8461 8462 8463 8464 8465 8466 8467 8468 8469 8470 8471 8472 8473 8474 8475 8476 8477 8478 [8479] 8480 8481 8482 8483 8484 8485 8486 8487 8488 8489 8490 8491 8492 8493 8494 8495 8496 8497 8498 8499 8500 8501 8502 8503 8504 8505 8506 8507 8508 8509 8510 8511 8512 8513 8514 8515 8516 8517 8518 8519 8520 8521 8522 8523 8524 8525 8526 8527 8528 8529 ... 33501 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26410201 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 06:00:13 PM

1000$ on purely entertainment value, thats what i think!  Cheesy
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1779

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:01:22 PM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 10454

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:42:19 PM

Yeah my wife needs knee surgery. Nothing urgent but just figured I'd put the money in the bank now because it'll be in the next week, I could have liquidated some of my brokerage account + lost money on exchange rate + fees, wired from the UK + lost money on exchange rate + fees, or sold btc on LBC.

Selling on LBC I get bitstamp rate here, so I figured fuck it. Probably was just gonna go sideways for another few weeks until I had the chance to buy them back.

Already regretting it.

I know that there can be some unexpected needs for cash.. from time to time.  I am in the red on my BTC... since my average buy-in price is $600... Accordingly,  I attempt to have enough of a cash flow in fiat on reserve in various accounts.. so I do NOT have to sell BTC .. especially while I am in the red... however, i do understand that sometimes the situation could be forced for whatever reason or even seem to be the least of the evils (regarding which account should be cashed out).

My average buy in price this year is $510.

if I count the ones I bought in july + sold in dec my average buy price is $220. which is actually a lot higher than I thought it was until I just calculated it.

My average buy in price is $30. What now?  Cool

If your average buy-in is $30, then you should be in a pretty decent position to decide whatever you want; however, if your quantity of holdings is low, you may still need to consider buying more.. so average by itself may NOT be sufficient to determine what to do next.  In other words, we need more info in order to be of assistance to you, to the extent that you may perceive any need(s) for assistance.   Undecided Undecided

I'm just teasing. I know exactly what to do.

It would be interesting to hear, at least some details. 

Did you achieve your $30 average buy in price from trading or from buying early?

Are you still accumulating or are you selling or are you keeping the same quantity?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:50:17 PM

Not crossed 450$. I'm calling it- bulltrap and short squeeze.

This is not paypal integration per se but something much much less. Comparable with that braintree news?

But people will buy on the news after pump as usual so we will not see below 400$ for a while.  Sad

Just quoting myself since finally made the right call. And before other bears Grin

So what?  This thing has NOT played out and maybe you called one event correctly (regarding the $450-ish), so which way are we going on a longer term scale, do you have an outline of a plan that we can use as a guide.. ?

There needs to be some real blood before the trend can change. But it can take another weeks or months.

Until now I did not expect that bitcoin will suddenly start getting pumps after 'news' like most shitcoins. This means not many people really buying and those screwed over the months are either waiting or said fuck it.

I did not make any money on that pump but luckily did not short after that big dump like some newbies Wink

I think you are placing too much weight that something has to happen (blood in the streets). 

So maybe we just have a different view of things.  In my thinking, Bitcoin prices need NOT go any lower than they currently are, because if an upward price run is started - by anyone or even a group, that upward price run can cause its own momentum.  There has been a sufficient passage of time and and a sufficient building of the bitcoin infrastructure that bitcoin could reasonably support a market cap of $100 billion or more.

On the other hand, I agree with you that there is a possibility of a continued downward trend, and such a downward trend could last for 6 months or a year longer.  The part where i disagree is that the downward trend "has to happen" before BTC prices can go up... That is a bit too narrow in its consideration of BTC fundamentals and/or BTC price dynamics.

ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 07:01:21 PM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 07:03:42 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/us-banks-announce-ripple-protocol-integration/

This gonna be huge. And bullish as fuck, to quote adam.

Ripple may turn out to be what saves Bitcoin and fuels the next rally.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Ripple is the US banking system's attempt to avoid being destroyed by Bitcoin.

They think that if they make USD transactions easier then they'll be able to avoid losing the USD as a unit of account.

Note that Ripple's consensus system is a closed, invite-only network. Exactly what you'd want if you were trying to preserve a banking cartel's position in the world.

Even if you do NOT agree with Ripple's goals and objectives, would it NOT be a good investment, based on the rationale that you lay out, above.  

Let's say that various status quo banking, financial and government systems buy-into Ripple to attempt to preserve whatever status quo situation that they enjoy, then wouldn't we want to jump on board and profit from that, even if we do NOT agree ideologically and even if the bandaid solution of Ripple may NOT be long term ... but profit, while we can from such in investing into Ripple for the next 2-4 years or something like that?  

I am NOT talking any book because at the moment, I own NO ripple at all.... and actually I am disinclined to invest anything into ripple because it seems to be too much of a potential scam..
ubercool

Activity: 1078
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 07:09:15 PM

We saw 450 yesterday, now it's look like we are again dropping slowly to 400 mark.
ShroomsKit

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 07:11:23 PM

We saw 450 yesterday, now it's look like we are again dropping slowly to 400 mark.

Massive bid wall says no.
For now. If it dissapears we probably will go down fast.
empowering
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1441

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 07:15:16 PM

Really? Sounds lame to me.

Also,no one outside of US gives a fuck about WallFart.

BTCfan1

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 07:32:22 PM

430 wall on stamp just disappeared Smiley
degold

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 07:34:17 PM

http://online.wsj.com/articles/wal-mart-plans-to-begin-offering-checking-accounts-1411575699 

Wal-Mart Stores Inc. plans to begin offering checking accounts by the end of next month that doesn't charge overdraft fees, in contrast to the independent banks currently housed within the retail giant.

The world's largest retailer and partner Green Dot Corp. are planning a national rollout of the checking account service that will be called GoBank. Green Dot, through its Green Dot Bank, is big provider of prepaid debit cards—including Wal-Mart's.

In addition to touting lower costs, the GoBank mobile checking service will provide access for customers that may not typically have access to banks. GoBank won't use credit scores in determining eligibility, but it instead plans to use its own proprietary underwriting methods to allow just about any customer that passes ID verification to open an account.

The accounts won't have a minimum balance requirement or overdraft fees. A monthly membership fee of $8.95 will be waived for qualified customers with direct deposits of at least $500 a month. The accounts will include mobile features such as the ability to instantly send money via email or texting and come with a linked MasterCard Inc. debit card.

Green Dot shares got a boost from the news, rising as much as 15% Wednesday.

Meanwhile, customers of independent banks located within Wal-Mart's retail outlets are among America's highest payers of bank fees—a large chunk of which come from overdraft charges. Some of the leading banks at Wal-Mart also pitch accounts to people who otherwise might not have access to banks, including those with bad credit histories.

Several years ago, Wal-Mart itself had aimed to get into the banking business. The retailer dropped a bid for its own banking charter in 2007.

Game over, bitcoin is useless now.
Anyone who thinks bitcoin is useless now, they are more than welcome to give me their bitcoins.

If you think current value is under then buy as much as possible and you will get good return.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 07:53:44 PM

...Or maybe the poster just have some sort of a mental disorder. Roll Eyes
Honestly, I find JorgeStolfi's long-winded post more interesting than yours. At least he's talking about bitcoin on a thread which is about bitcoin..

When you are referring to "the poster," you are referring to me.

This is the speculation forum, so I suppose it remains fair to speculate; however, your evidence regarding the extent to which I could have a mental disorder seems to be sparse, at best.  In other words, you seem to be engaged in gratuitous name-calling without any evidence and very little substantive discussion of anything of any relevance.

Regarding Jorge as compared with me:  I have NO problem with you finding him relatively more interesting than me.  That is your personal choice.  Also, it does NOT seem to serve any purpose to discuss your personal preferences, so a bit difficult to understand what point you are attempting to get at, here.

Yup. You were lecturing me how bad name-calling is and how you dislike such behavior...
Until I remember one of your post that condone such behavior. Roll Eyes
Yes.. "Bulltard" seemed insulting but not "cuntface" or "loser"..  Roll Eyes LOL!

Well, at least you have an ability to kind of remember how we began to go down this rabbit hole of a topic; however, you do seem to have a tendency to get caught up into trivial technicalities.  Hopefully, you will grow out of this at some point, but probably NOT in the short-term context of our exchanging texts.  Sometimes it takes years and experiences to grow out of bad and/or immaturity habits.

I don't think I need to explain this further.. Let's not forget this one so people would see it clearly:

Yes.. more examples of your triviality and your getting caught up in unimportant and NON-substantive points.

You seem to be devolving into a status of wanting to argue, just for the sake of it... and even using the lines that I had used on you, directed towards me?  At least you could come up with something a little more substantive and/or original.
Says the guy who suddenly pop out of nowhere and started arguing with me. LOL!

I find some of your logic to be quite strange, and maybe at some point you will understand that there is a difference between substantive and productive engaging and inflammatory engaging?   You seem to NOT really recognize the extent to which you have a tendency to employ what appears to be inflammatory engaging.  I doubt that you are going to change these ways anytime soon, especially, if you seem to conclude that your purposes are served by such.

and even using the lines that I had used on you, directed towards me?
Because it suits you better than me..   Roll Eyes
It seems like you were locked up in the basement with nothing but your laptop and desperately seeking for attention in the interwebs  Roll Eyes

You are NOT really saying much, here.

Again, you do NOT seem to be saying anything new, here.  You are merely taking the lines that I used that were directed towards you, and then directing the lines towards me.  Seems like you are running on pure emotion rather than reason.  Maybe on the positive shows that you are a human rather than a bot...?   And, if you are a bot, you are sure seeming to be an emotional one.. that is lashing out and grasping at straws....   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Because there's really nothing to talk about that... LOL! I can't believe you'd even react with my exit phrase/image.. LOL!
I guess it's probably some sort of a psychological problem.. You'd always find a reason to slap your long-winded post.  Roll Eyes
I wouldn't be surprised if we later end up with you lecturing me about my grammatical errors.  Roll Eyes

You wouldn't be surprised if I were to attempt to correct your grammar because again you are engaging in what seems to be pure speculation that has little to no basis in reality.  I hope that your attempts to forecast the price direction of BTC are better than your whimsical attempts to analyze and predict the personalities and behaviors of pseudo-anonymous persons on the internet?

ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 08:01:21 PM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 08:03:24 PM

Walls of Text (.....NOT....NO......NOT.....NOT.....NOT....NO....NO......NOT....NOT)

Damn you for quoting the walls!

This is the wall observer thread.  Grin

Yeah, I thought it was about Bitcoin walls not about JayVanTroll's walls of text  Cheesy

YES... Dump3er, your "informative" contributions to this thread have been relatively much better.   Roll Eyes  As for calling trolls and/or defining what is a troll, I doubt that you retain very much credibility to assess that angle.    Cheesy
Dump3er

Activity: 1428
Merit: 574

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 08:06:59 PM

Honestly, I find JorgeStolfi's long-winded post more interesting than yours. At least he's talking about bitcoin on a thread which is about bitcoin..

This is the speculation forum, so I suppose it remains fair to speculate; however, your evidence regarding the extent to which I could have a mental disorder seems to be sparse, at best.  In other words, you seem to be engaged in gratuitous name-calling without any evidence and very little substantive discussion of anything of any relevance.

Regarding Jorge as compared with me:  I have NO problem with you finding him relatively more interesting than me.  That is your personal choice.  Also, it does NOT seem to serve any purpose to discuss your personal preferences, so a bit difficult to understand what point you are attempting to get at, here.

Yup. You were lecturing me how bad name-calling is and how you dislike such behavior...
Yes.. "Bulltard" seemed insulting but not "cuntface" or "loser"..  Roll Eyes LOL!

Well, at least you have an ability to kind of remember how we began to go down this rabbit hole of a topic; however, you do seem to have a tendency to get caught up into trivial technicalities.  Hopefully, you will grow out of this at some point, but probably NOT in the short-term context of our exchanging texts.  Sometimes it takes years and experiences to grow out of bad and/or immaturity habits.

I don't think I need to explain this further.. Let's not forget this one so people would see it clearly:

Yes.. more examples of your triviality and your getting caught up in unimportant and NON-substantive points.

You seem to be devolving into a status of wanting to argue, just for the sake of it... and even using the lines that I had used on you, directed towards me?  At least you could come up with something a little more substantive and/or original.

I find some of your logic to be quite strange, and maybe at some point you will understand that there is a difference between substantive and productive engaging and inflammatory engaging?   You seem to NOT really recognize the extent to which you have a tendency to employ what appears to be inflammatory engaging.  I doubt that you are going to change these ways anytime soon, especially, if you seem to conclude that your purposes are served by such.

It seems like you were locked up in the basement with nothing but your laptop and desperately seeking for attention in the interwebs  Roll Eyes

Again, you do NOT seem to be saying anything new, here.  You are merely taking the lines that I used that were directed towards you, and then directing the lines towards me.  Seems like you are running on pure emotion rather than reason.  Maybe on the positive shows that you are a human rather than a bot...?   And, if you are a bot, you are sure seeming to be an emotional one.. that is lashing out and grasping at straws....   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Because there's really nothing to talk about that... LOL! I can't believe you'd even react with my exit phrase/image.. LOL!
I guess it's probably some sort of a psychological problem.. You'd always find a reason to slap your long-winded post.  Roll Eyes
I wouldn't be surprised if we later end up with you lecturing me about my grammatical errors.  Roll Eyes

You wouldn't be surprised if I were to attempt to correct your grammar because again you are engaging in what seems to be pure speculation that has little to no basis in reality.  I hope that your attempts to forecast the price direction of BTC are better than your whimsical attempts to analyze and predict the personalities and behaviors of pseudo-anonymous persons on the internet?

Dump3er

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 08:08:10 PM

NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 08:08:33 PM

Gentlemen!
As tempting as it may be, I must remind you:

That is all.  You may now return to bickering.
Dump3er

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 08:08:51 PM

James1970

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 08:12:17 PM

it seems that someone is trying to push the price up, just to make a good sell
raid_n

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 08:22:17 PM

Even if you do NOT agree with Ripple's goals and objectives, would it NOT be a good investment, based on the rationale that you lay out, above.  

Let's say that various status quo banking, financial and government systems buy-into Ripple to attempt to preserve whatever status quo situation that they enjoy, then wouldn't we want to jump on board and profit from that, even if we do NOT agree ideologically and even if the bandaid solution of Ripple may NOT be long term ... but profit, while we can from such in investing into Ripple for the next 2-4 years or something like that?  

I am NOT talking any book because at the moment, I own NO ripple at all.... and actually I am disinclined to invest anything into ripple because it seems to be too much of a potential scam..

Ripple is basically inviting the next Lehman Brothers to happen
It is kind of amusing actually. Most large banks or financial institutions with multiple locations worldwide will probably need to run something similar internally anyways.

Pages: « 1 ... 8429 8430 8431 8432 8433 8434 8435 8436 8437 8438 8439 8440 8441 8442 8443 8444 8445 8446 8447 8448 8449 8450 8451 8452 8453 8454 8455 8456 8457 8458 8459 8460 8461 8462 8463 8464 8465 8466 8467 8468 8469 8470 8471 8472 8473 8474 8475 8476 8477 8478 [8479] 8480 8481 8482 8483 8484 8485 8486 8487 8488 8489 8490 8491 8492 8493 8494 8495 8496 8497 8498 8499 8500 8501 8502 8503 8504 8505 8506 8507 8508 8509 8510 8511 8512 8513 8514 8515 8516 8517 8518 8519 8520 8521 8522 8523 8524 8525 8526 8527 8528 8529 ... 33501 »
  Print  

Jump to: