Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:23:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 ... 348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering]  (Read 908395 times)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:06:18 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/mt-gox-may-headed-bankruptcy/

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
itsunderstood

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

American1973

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:09:14 PM

http://wallstreetonparade.com/2014/02/as-bank-deaths-continue-to-shock-documents-reveal-jpmorgan-has-been-patenting-death-derivatives/

[...]

One advisor is quoted as follows in the article: “You can see from the position paper that this market has a lot of characteristics that regulators don’t like in terms of banks getting involved in it. It’s based on long-dated risks, upfront payments and a serious element of hubris in assuming that the banks can model these risks better than the people who originated them. It’s potentially a market big enough to cause serious problems if it caught on and went wrong.”

^^^ Quote above is about trans-national fractionalized-fiat-money death-murder-gambling profits, but is relevant in many ways.

Check out my prescient ATS thread from 2008: "Windows XP: End the Cyberwar, Open the Code Now!" http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread411978/pg1
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:11:07 PM

Can someone flesh this concept out for us in terms of theory?

"EXCHANGE CARRY TRADE"

Check out my prescient ATS thread from 2008: "Windows XP: End the Cyberwar, Open the Code Now!" http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread411978/pg1
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:19:25 PM

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-02-14/aig-takes-832-million-charge-on-death-bets-as-hedge-funds-gain.html

AIG Has $832 Million Cost on Death Bets as Hedge Funds Gain
Feb 14, 2014

American International Group Inc. (AIG) suffered another year of impairments in its portfolio of death-benefit bets as insured people lived longer than the company expected.

AIG recorded an $832 million impairment on its life-settlement holdings in the fourth quarter, bringing the total for 2013 to $971 million before taxes. In life settlements, AIG buys insurance policies from individuals and pays premiums until they die, when the company collects the payout.  The arrangement becomes less profitable for AIG the longer the person survives.

INFOTEHC BANK PROGRAMMER MUCH PROFITS MANY COIN HOPE YOU SURVIVE!

Anyway...

malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:36:57 PM

So I logged into Gox today and when I go to my funding options, I get this message:

Your account has been restricted from accessing funding options. Please contact support@mtgox.com for additional information on why your account has been restricted.

I was pretty surprised, I know they wanted to stop BTC, but I'm not allowed to withdraw fiat or deposit fiat? I've always been completely verified in good standing- so I don't really get what the problem is. It seems pretty dramatic that I'm forbidden for accessing my funding options all together.

Have you ever used Bitistant?

Yes I did use BitInstant back in the day when they were functioning, do you think that has anything to do with it?

Yes. Read this:

https://support.mtgox.com/entries/26563440-MtGox-Response-to-BitInstant-CEO-Arrest

Signature space available for rent.
btcfly

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:47:10 PM

fiat jpy withdrawal submitted on jan 27th just went through this afternoon.

thats 14 business days. 6 day increase from one on jan 6 that was 8 business days.

Fiat SEPA withdrawal submitted on jan 7th just went through this mornig.

unfortunately, my withdrawals from Japan post bank on 1/17 and 1/18 are still “confirmed”!
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:50:07 PM

Here is presumption:  Nerdwar continues via exchanges as submarines, who give no info, and lurk, using customers good will, as springboard.

Here is theory: BTC goes to 75 USD per coin on all exchanges, by July1.  Not saying its possible, due to war which will surely cause flight into all crypto, but say they try total war against cryptocoin this Summer, for purposes of this thread, and this forum's minds to whom I type.

Here is question: What would this to do BTC stocks like ASICminer and BTC production timelines in terms of mining gear?  Said another way, it a little 50 USD antminer going to be worth more or less USD, if the above theory happens?  How would a severe correction in BTC affect the tactical positions of manufacturing these next 12 months of blockchain difficulty and transaction flaws?  Will is finally resurrect my Havelock mining shares that pay me divs in BTC?  That is a fair question.

-----------------

I guess I am saying mining stocks are affected by costs, but there is definitely at least a few forward-looking portholes on this 'yellow subamrine' called bitcoin.  Knowmsaying?  I don't care so much about Mt Gox because they never offered mining shares, so to me, they aren't a real top tier player in terms of sensing the tides.

BitPaulo

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:55:09 PM

Here is presumption:  Nerdwar continues via exchanges as submarines, who give no info, and lurk, using customers good will, as springboard.

Here is theory: BTC goes to 75 USD per coin on all exchanges, by July1.  Not saying its possible, due to war which will surely cause flight into all crypto, but say they try total war against cryptocoin this Summer, for purposes of this thread, and this forum's minds to whom I type.

Here is question: What would this to do BTC stocks like ASICminer and BTC production timelines in terms of mining gear?  Said another way, it a little 50 USD antminer going to be worth more or less USD, if the above theory happens?  How would a severe correction in BTC affect the tactical positions of manufacturing these next 12 months of blockchain difficulty and transaction flaws?  Will is finally resurrect my Havelock mining shares that pay me divs in BTC?  That is a fair question.

-----------------

I guess I am saying mining stocks are affected by costs, but there is definitely at least a few forward-looking portholes on this 'yellow subamrine' called bitcoin.  Knowmsaying?  I don't care so much about Mt Gox because they never offered mining shares, so to me, they aren't a real top tier player in terms of sensing the tides.

can we stick to the thread?? this is about delays at Gox, and when are we going to see our money back.
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:01:21 PM

[...]

can we stick to the thread?? this is about delays at Gox, and when are we going to see our money back.

Okay, but this sub forum is about SERVICE

And what gets serviced?  ANSWER: Debt

Poker Site tries to lend to customers when moneybag stolen by worldlaundrycops, fails to service that debt, goodbye.  Yet, poker still a popular game?  Good service at the Caesar's Palace coin changing window?  Answer: Always.

crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:14:03 PM

Here is presumption:  Nerdwar continues via exchanges as submarines, who give no info, and lurk, using customers good will, as springboard.

Here is theory: BTC goes to 75 USD per coin on all exchanges, by July1.  Not saying its possible, due to war which will surely cause flight into all crypto, but say they try total war against cryptocoin this Summer, for purposes of this thread, and this forum's minds to whom I type.

Here is question: What would this to do BTC stocks like ASICminer and BTC production timelines in terms of mining gear?  Said another way, it a little 50 USD antminer going to be worth more or less USD, if the above theory happens?  How would a severe correction in BTC affect the tactical positions of manufacturing these next 12 months of blockchain difficulty and transaction flaws?  Will is finally resurrect my Havelock mining shares that pay me divs in BTC?  That is a fair question.

-----------------

Agreed. Now I'm saddled with needing to be re-verified before I can even do anything with Gox, let alone get my money back- all from just using BitInstant. I understand they need to be careful, but I'm already totally verified so I don't get how just sending the same documents again will somehow make me a more 'safe' client. It will however make me one of the many people who won't be allowed to withdraw when they open withdrawls again. A cover to prevent a bank run? I don't know but it's frustrating. Especially since customer support is so vague.

more or less retired.
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:16:16 PM

Here is presumption:  Nerdwar continues via exchanges as submarines, who give no info, and lurk, using customers good will, as springboard.

Here is theory: BTC goes to 75 USD per coin on all exchanges, by July1.  Not saying its possible, due to war which will surely cause flight into all crypto, but say they try total war against cryptocoin this Summer, for purposes of this thread, and this forum's minds to whom I type.

Here is question: What would this to do BTC stocks like ASICminer and BTC production timelines in terms of mining gear?  Said another way, it a little 50 USD antminer going to be worth more or less USD, if the above theory happens?  How would a severe correction in BTC affect the tactical positions of manufacturing these next 12 months of blockchain difficulty and transaction flaws?  Will is finally resurrect my Havelock mining shares that pay me divs in BTC?  That is a fair question.

-----------------

Agreed. Now I'm saddled with needing to be re-verified before I can even do anything with Gox, let alone get my money back- all from just using BitInstant. I understand they need to be careful, but I'm already totally verified so I don't get how just sending the same documents again will somehow make me a more 'safe' client. It will however make me one of the many people who won't be allowed to withdraw when they open withdrawls again. A cover to prevent a bank run? I don't know but it's frustrating. Especially since customer support is so vague.

criminal. you would have legs to take this to japanese authorities. they have your ID from the first time you sent it. You are now concerned that they are
abusing your trust. If they already have your ID, then why the need to request it again. this should be investigated in depth.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:17:40 PM

-----------------

Reverifying yourself only means one thing: Stalling to hold your coins to stop you from taking them out so those coins on hand can help pay out other customers. The facts are there. There is no reason for these delays.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

BitPaulo

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:22:14 PM

-----------------

Reverifying yourself only means one thing: Stalling to hold your coins to stop you from taking them out so those coins on hand can help pay out other customers. The facts are there. There is no reason for these delays.

unfortunately, I agree as well. It is more and more clear that they don't have enough cash and/or BTC...
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 07:51:01 PM

unfortunately, I agree as well. It is more and more clear that they don't have enough cash and/or BTC...
Agreed.  All Mt. Gox's actions are in the direction of desperately trying to stop withdrawals.

Stalling may not work this time. The financial press is watching too closely, and they interpret "stopping withdrawals" by financial firms as "bankrupt".

Understand that when a real brokerage house or bank stalls on withdrawals, they are effectively out of business within hours and closed within days. The financial press is now treating Bitcoin like a real investment, which means those standards are applied to Bitcoin exchanges.  This is good for Bitcoin, but bad for Mt. Gox.
zyk

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:52:09 PM

People screaming good news !!! where do you see the good news ? no withdrawals yet, and when they allow them again you will have a limit, so FIAT withdrawals limits with huge delay and now BTC withdrawals limits !!!  is this good news for you ?

you, Mtgox customers, are all financially hostages, what if something really urgent happen to you or your family that you need to cash out your BTC/FIAT as soon as possible ? what if your life depends on that Bitcoin ?  

this is a totally new situation and not similar to the Fiat withdrawal limit, because before you could buy BTC at premium price and withdraw it, now you cant do anything about it, how this is acceptable for you ? are you just happy that gox didn't close down and run with you money ? what is the difference between that situation and this one ?

There was already a BTC withdrawal limit as well as Fiat withdrawal limit, nothing new there.
Thanks to all the haters of Gox I keep making money on arbitrage. Gox is good as long as you withdraw in EUR and have 6 weeks patience, can make good profits.
But I would not do business with them in USD.

So you really are one of those suspects who are selling right now on Gox to derive a Euro balance?  hat-off to you

as an apparent member of the innerfrench circles  Wink
yumei

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:53:45 PM

Now Mr. Mark Karpeles reserves the right only for himself to buy cheap coins from MTGox and sell them somewhere else without limits or any other restrictions for himself to earn a fuckload of money.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 08:07:15 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcUBB6jHzmk

Protest at MTGOX update

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

zyk

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 09:08:26 PM

Its not a guessing game anymore...its a hoping game!...pirate@40 all over again - only bigger players involved

and thats the catch - they are from outside and want to see dollars now........or do you really think those who are

selling coins for 280 dollars could do so at any other exchange ?  No of course not !

When playing poker you should know who the sucker is at the table or else it is you !....goes the saying  Wink
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 09:14:44 PM

[...]

When playing poker you should know who the sucker is at the table or else it is you !....goes the saying  Wink
[/quote]

So when poker debt begins due to moneylaudercopspush you are saying, the dealer may be forced by pain, to deal off the ...bottom?

Let us say cryptocoin is not just another casino chip er derp, hahaha.

signed:

collection rackets

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 09:35:14 PM

Protest at MTGOX update

According to law of Japan, the protesters have the right to stop the crime in progress by citizen's arrest. In this case, Mark is detained using necessary force to prevent him from leaving the scene and delivered to the police. It helps if the allegations against him are clearly written.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Pages: « 1 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 ... 348 »
  Print  

Jump to: