Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 05:47:50 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Work in progess] Burnins Avalon Chip to mining board service  (Read 623975 times)
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 09:43:31 AM

announcement:
I won't be selling to end-users anymore.

Very sorry to hear that, but please burnin answer me. I already asked zefir for a refund in order to swap my order from BitBurners to FuryBurners and now i may be left with nothing. Will you at least give us FuryBurners? Will the price for the FuryBurners be higher? What should i do now? Should i cancel my chips refund to get BitBurners? Please answer when you can. Thank you.

Adamlm

Activity: 822
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2013, 09:54:54 AM

announcement:

Very sorry to hear that, but please burnin answer me. I already asked zefir for a refund in order to swap my order from BitBurners to FuryBurners and now i may be left with nothing. Will you at least give us FuryBurners? Will the price for the FuryBurners be higher? What should i do now? Should i cancel my chips refund to get BitBurners? Please answer when you can. Thank you.

I'm in the same situation (and I guess many others too):
already asked zefir for refund (this is final decision) and already paid for bitburners.

Now I'm considering if it will be possible to transfer bitburners order to furyburners.

If yes: how / when / how much can be transferred from current orders ?

tranquille

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 10:00:51 AM

Not really. It is an assembly with a prefinished product. Last time I heard such a discussion and it went to court it was specifically important that the product is specifically made for the client, that is after his wishes, and cannot be sold without loss to anyone else.
Lets highlight this passage:
"and cannot be sold without loss to anyone else"
This is exactly the case here because no one would want buy these boards anymore.

As we say: In German Courts and the high sea, you are in the hands of chance.
precisely

announcement:

Reasons:
  • Time. I want to provide you with BitFury and CoinTerra mining boards for which i need lots of development time.
  • Development and Manufacturing of electronic devices is my main qualification, not running an online-shop
  • I failed to provide adequate customer service.
    Some of you never heard back from their requests.
  • The last 3 month i worked 7 days a week all day long.
    This is slowly beginning to take its toll

Consequences:
  • I will continue to develop and build mining devices.
  • These will be exclusively sold in large quantities to distributors.
  • existing orders will be processed and delivered or refunded.
  • For the upcoming Bitfury Boards i am negotiating with a 3rd party to manage the end-user sales.
    But i am open to anyone interested that has the infrastructure to handle it.

Further refund information:
I thought long and hard about this whole mess we're all in.
And i am NOT content with the current model.
50% refund is all i can offer >NOW< without going instantly bankrupt.
I plan give back more, if i can.
Therefore any reuse or resale of the remaining components will be refunded. (You bought these with your money after all)
That means you do not need to buy bitfury boards from me in order to get those extra 20% back.
If you can wait until then it could be sent in one transaction.  (about 2-4 weeks to wrap everything up)

I value fairness above most other things like profit for example.
That goes both ways, and almost all of you are upright honorable people which i am deeply grateful for.

To you paypal disputers: i hope you can accept the proposed solution.

Burnin - I am asking you to provide an as detailled as possible calculation of your spending/costs.

A plain statement of saying that you can refund 50% without going bankruptcy is hilarious imho - without providing further details.

Also your threat of sending out unfinished boards to customers won´t hold in a german court ruling; you are not fulfilling your side of a contract. The input (pre-production) of yours (material and time-wise) will very likely be counted to your disadvantage.

I am of course aware that you were only trying to provide a great service to your customers and as such pre-producing parts of those miners. Nontheless - this is case is not as simple as you are putting it and I am awaiting your statement.

-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 10:09:33 AM

And you provided your chips to Burnin on what date, exactly?
eraziel

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 10:42:46 AM

Is there somebody that has supplied chips on time and is not satisfied by the product delivered to him or the way issuses have been handled in case there have been issues present?

I'm getting quite tired of all these "GIVE ME ALL MY MONEY BACK" nonsense. If i was burnin i'll just ship the bitburner boards with no chips to you and kindly ask you to send them back for completion upon being able to supply the chips to be placed on them. YOU ALWAYS KNEW that when your order gets completed is dependent partially on the time when your chips are available to be mounted. So now, due to your disability to deliver on time you see that the service that you paid for is not viable for you anymore and you are asking for refunds?

What if I go to a jeweller tomorrow and order a diamond ring with the condition that I later on provide the diamond stone for it?
I get a quote, i pay for it and the jeweler starts working on it straight away so that it will be ready ASAP and he can just fit the stone when I provide it.
Several weeks later I call the guy and tell him that I'm not going to be able to provide the stone, for whatever reason, and therefore I DEMAND to get 100% of my money paid back.
That surely sounds like it's going to happen, for sure.

Why the fuck did you order boards before making sure that your chips will be available for placement?
For one reason and one reason only: to have an earlier placed order so that you can get your boards ASAP and make more profit on them.
You might have just as well waited for your chip supplier to inform you that the chips are on the way to them and placed the order at that time.
But you didn't.

Is it really that hard to accept the facts and realize that it's your fault and not burnin's?
HeRetiK
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2107

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 10:48:44 AM

To everyone complaining about the cancelled 70% Bitfury tradein:

Therefore any reuse or resale of the remaining components will be refunded. (You bought these with your money after all)
That means you do not need to buy bitfury boards from me in order to get those extra 20% back.
If you can wait until then it could be sent in one transaction.  (about 2-4 weeks to wrap everything up)

The 70% refund / trade-in still applies, only that you don't have to buy the Bitfury boards and still get more than 50%. Just not right now, because he will first need to make some money back by selling the Bitfury boards.
FlappySocks

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 10:59:34 AM

Yeah, this is how I read it.  50% if you insist on a refund right now.  Wait, and you will get more. Takes time to do a stock check, & calculate everything.
f.baasch75

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 11:26:28 AM

Not really. It is an assembly with a prefinished product. Last time I heard such a discussion and it went to court it was specifically important that the product is specifically made for the client, that is after his wishes, and cannot be sold without loss to anyone else.
This is exactly the case here because no one would want buy these boards anymore.

As we say: In German Courts and the high sea, you are in the hands of chance.
precisely

announcement:

Reasons:
  • Time. I want to provide you with BitFury and CoinTerra mining boards for which i need lots of development time.
  • Development and Manufacturing of electronic devices is my main qualification, not running an online-shop
  • I failed to provide adequate customer service.
    Some of you never heard back from their requests.
  • The last 3 month i worked 7 days a week all day long.
    This is slowly beginning to take its toll

Consequences:
  • I will continue to develop and build mining devices.
  • These will be exclusively sold in large quantities to distributors.
  • existing orders will be processed and delivered or refunded.
  • For the upcoming Bitfury Boards i am negotiating with a 3rd party to manage the end-user sales.
    But i am open to anyone interested that has the infrastructure to handle it.

Further refund information:
I thought long and hard about this whole mess we're all in.
And i am NOT content with the current model.
If you can wait until then it could be sent in one transaction.  (about 2-4 weeks to wrap everything up)

I value fairness above most other things like profit for example.
That goes both ways, and almost all of you are upright honorable people which i am deeply grateful for.

To you paypal disputers: i hope you can accept the proposed solution.

+1 this mess is not your fault, your work and products are great (though I did not have one Sad ), and this statement is good to read.

I know you want to change this part, but I hope we can still buy Bitfuryburners from you.
I mean we are in this mess together, and this is for many a more valuable option than waiting for avalon chips to come (or not).
Please consider this maybe just for those which are in the same boat as a customer like you as the manufacturer, not forthcoming customers.
Just an additional option.

Thanks for your effort!
18RATTT

Activity: 282
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 12:06:35 PM

announcement:

:-((
that is what distributors are for :p

Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 02:32:13 PM

I ordered some chips through SebastianJu's batch 6 order. (Chips are supposed to be shipped from Yifu this Wed I believe.)
Does "I won't be selling to end-users anymore." mean those of us who have ordered chips but not placed them through Burnin Mining yet, are stuck with them?

Or?

Thx,
IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Toolhead

Activity: 178
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 02:55:49 PM

Burnin stated:

Existing orders will be processed and delivered or refunded.

So you will still get your BitBurners.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 02:58:50 PM

Burnin stated:

Thanks toolhead. I wasn't sure what "existing orders" meant. Existing orders from Group Buys or existing orders from Burnin.

I only have an existing order from Sebastian's group buy, not from Burnin (I have yet to place that). Great to know.

Thx again,
IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 03:12:01 PM

Burnin stated:

Thanks toolhead. I wasn't sure what "existing orders" meant. Existing orders from Group Buys or existing orders from Burnin.

I only have an existing order from Sebastian's group buy, not from Burnin (I have yet to place that). Great to know.

Thx again,
IAS

I think you are mistaken, I am in the same boat.  I have chips ordered that I planned on keeping but have not ordered with Burnin yet due to this whole fiasco.  I decided it would be better to wait until the chips are delivered before making an order, and now that the chips are ~3 days out I am told I can no longer place an order, it is probably too late to change my decision on whether to keep the chips or get a refund, and now I can not even get them made into boards, what am I supposed to do with 200 chips and no boards?

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
fiktionist

Activity: 72

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 03:15:34 PM

Burnin stated:

Thx again,
IAS

I think you are mistaken, I am in the same boat.  I have chips ordered that I planned on keeping but have not ordered with Burnin yet due to this whole fiasco.  I decided it would be better to wait until the chips are delivered before making an order, and now that the chips are ~3 days out I am told I can no longer place an order, it is probably too late to change my decision on whether to keep the chips or get a refund, and now I can not even get them made into boards, what am I supposed to do with 200 chips and no boards?

sent you a pm, maybe you can use my order, because i have ordered and paid 9 bitburners and a stacking cable and have no chips Sad

liked that post? Official BeerAdress: 12Q9d7tntiQXARjpVSRKnQhzJy4MoAaonL
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 03:17:03 PM

Burnin stated:

Thx again,
IAS

sent you a pm, maybe you can use my order, because i have ordered and paid 9 bitburners and a stacking cable and have no chips Sad

Are orders transferable Burnin?

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
jlsminingcorp

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

Hooray for non-equilibrium thermodynamics!

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 03:18:13 PM

I ordered some chips through SebastianJu's batch 6 order. (Chips are supposed to be shipped from Yifu this Wed I believe.)
Does "I won't be selling to end-users anymore." mean those of us who have ordered chips but not placed them through Burnin Mining yet, are stuck with them?

Or?

Thx,
IAS

Hi IAS, Yifu has suggested that a large number of chips will ship on Wed, but I don't believe that there's any guarantee that Sebastian's batch 6 will be amongst them Sad. I sincerely hope that they are, but who knows. Batch 6 are not even overdue until 15th Sept, so does he have any incentive to send them out this week? Anyway, sorry to be gloomy, just wanted to make sure you weren't too disappointed if they don't turn up this week.

Bitcoin can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
BitFury ASIC miner hosted group buy [DONE MINING]
Tursk

Activity: 92

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 03:54:26 PM

There might be some still wanting your Bitburners. Not all have made orders before they receive their chips:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=187660.msg3063321#msg3063321

Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 04:11:46 PM

This still isn't clear to me.

I don't understand, if Burnin isn't accepting orders and some people need refunds (but only at 50%), why not allow people (like me and others looking for assembly) the
ability to take on the orders from others? I think that makes us happy (we get the boards and assembly) and a few people get more than the 50% refund amount.

Burnin - Can you comment on things please as the message has been mixed thus far?

Thanks for all your work. I know this is rough for many, if not the majority, of people involved. From the GB participants, organizers and all the way up the chain to you.

It's About Sharing

BTC = Black Swan.
glungnahund

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 04:28:58 PM

Seven "Complete BitBurner XX Modules with attached heat-sink" for sale

We´ve placed two orders with very low (!  Smiley) order numbers at http://www.burninmining.com. As we´ve already requested refund from zefir for the avalon chips we intend to sell these orders to people who have avalon chips but haven´t placed a order for a bitburner yet.

order #324:
- 5 x Complete BitBurner Module with attached heat-sink (20 chips per board)
- 2 x CAN-BUS Stacking cable
- standard shipping

price: €673.54

order #339
- 2 x Complete BitBurner Module with attached heat-sink (20 chips per board)
- standard shipping

price €279.65

Whoever is interested may send my a pn.
This offer is only valid under the condition that burnin allows a transfer of his orders.

fiktionist

Activity: 72

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 04:34:23 PM

For Sale

9x Complete BitBurner Module with attached heat-sink (20 chips per board)
1x CAN-BUS Stacking Cable
1x Express Shipping
price 1163,82€  (1:1 what i paid)

Whoever is interested may send my a pn.
This offer is only valid under the condition that burnin allows a transfer of his orders.

liked that post? Official BeerAdress: 12Q9d7tntiQXARjpVSRKnQhzJy4MoAaonL
Pages: « 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 »
  Print  

Jump to: