Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:30:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 146 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HLM] HELIUM  (Read 189395 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2017, 02:28:07 AM

We're aiming for a snapshot date of 1 August, with a block height that should fall on that date chosen as we get closer to that date.

People find it easier to think in dates than block height, so we've gone for date first.

There will be another Slack ama in about two weeks to give progress updates, explain the enterprise strategy, our new partnerships and introduce the lead developer for the Service Node work, along with new members of the development team that will be contributing to our future plans.

ok ...

again ...

what about those few that CANNOT work that shitty interface on their systems - called slack? ...

really mate! ...

#crysx

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
andrew24p

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 05:30:09 AM

We're aiming for a snapshot date of 1 August, with a block height that should fall on that date chosen as we get closer to that date.

People find it easier to think in dates than block height, so we've gone for date first.

There will be another Slack ama in about two weeks to give progress updates, explain the enterprise strategy, our new partnerships and introduce the lead developer for the Service Node work, along with new members of the development team that will be contributing to our future plans.

ok ...

again ...

what about those few that CANNOT work that shitty interface on their systems - called slack? ...

really mate! ...

#crysx

I would imagine you are in the minority on that one, but if you want I can move both AMAs to a basic text reader site.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                                                                                                                         █
█                                                                                                                         █
█          ██     ██       ▄█▄        ██        ██     ▄██████▄    ██████████    ████████    ██████▄                      █
█          ██     ██       ███        ██        ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██      ██ ██       ███      ███     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██     ▄██ ██▄      ████    ████     ██              ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          █████████     ██   ██      ██ ██  ██ ██      ▀█████▄        ██        ███████     ██   ▄█▀                     █
█          ██     ██     ██   ██      ██  █▄▄█  ██            ██       ██        ██          █████                        █
█          ██     ██    ▄███████▄     ██  ████  ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██   ██                      █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ▀██████▀        ██        ████████    ██     ██                    █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
M   A   R   K   E   T   P   L  A   C   E  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

The first token offering total buyback
─────❯❯❯ICO Starts : 28th of November 2017❮❮❮─────

❖TWITTER
❖TELEGRAM
❖WHITEPAPER
❖FACEBOOK
❖ANN THREAD
SLACK
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2017, 06:27:58 AM

ok ...

again ...

really mate! ...

#crysx

I would imagine you are in the minority on that one, but if you want I can move both AMAs to a basic text reader site.

we are in the minority ...

and yet - no catering for those that have these issues by the slack people ...

geez they are slack ... Tongue ...

AMA? ... so there will be no involvement - just a result about what HAPPENED at the slack meetings / chats? ...

ummm - that helps ...

#crysx

SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2017, 07:49:09 AM

I dislike x11 as the choice for PoW algo (I dislike spreadx11 a thousand times more but that's a whole different topic) but things move fast when it comes to crypto.  At this point, I just want to see HLM launched because the longer we spend dicking around, the more ground we will have to make up.  We can change the algo down the road.

Dumping from x11 ASICs may not be as big of an issue as we think.  Consider the fact that block times will be going from 1 minute to 2.5 minutes, and PoW miners will only be getting 45% of the block reward (45% of the reward will be going to masternodes and 10% of the reward goes to the development fund).  If block rewards remain approximately the same as they are now, we are going to get a massive and instantaneous drop in coin emission.
rhinomonkey

Activity: 646
Merit: 501

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 10:16:07 AM

ok ...

again ...

really mate! ...

#crysx

AMA? ... so there will be no involvement - just a result about what HAPPENED at the slack meetings / chats? ...

ummm - that helps ...

#crysx

I'm sure if you requested some other way for the community to communicate with each other both coins and karma would be amenable to it with enough support.

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2017, 10:22:31 AM

ok ...

again ...

really mate! ...

#crysx

ummm - that helps ...

#crysx

I'm sure if you requested some other way for the community to communicate with each other both coins and karma would be amenable to it with enough support.

it has been a long while since ive needed to rally ANYTHING like this to happen ...

i have way too much on my plate to worry about a crappy app / system that causes me issues mate - you know how i work dont you? ... if it works - great ... if not - roll with what does as long as it makes sense AND is available on ALL platforms ... slack doesnt and isnt - skype does and is ...

im interested in the team here - the people - the devs - and most of all the project ...

this is the reason we have been building the ecosystem we have ( and on of the strongest infrastructures in crypto ) within the cwi walls ... so we can support and maintain our OWN coins and projects - as well as others IF we all agree its a worthwhile project ... this is - as you know mate Smiley ...

i dont use windows - and WONT use windows ... full stop ... it seems the only os it works on efficiently IS windows ... and the least is fedora 25 ... so be it ...

#crysx

szfinx

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 01:26:50 PM

ok ...

again ...

really mate! ...

#crysx

ummm - that helps ...

#crysx

it has been a long while since ive needed to rally ANYTHING like this to happen ...

i have way too much on my plate to worry about a crappy app / system that causes me issues mate - you know how i work dont you? ... if it works - great ... if not - roll with what does as long as it makes sense AND is available on ALL platforms ... slack doesnt and isnt - skype does and is ...

im interested in the team here - the people - the devs - and most of all the project ...

this is the reason we have been building the ecosystem we have ( and on of the strongest infrastructures in crypto ) within the cwi walls ... so we can support and maintain our OWN coins and projects - as well as others IF we all agree its a worthwhile project ... this is - as you know mate Smiley ...

i dont use windows - and WONT use windows ... full stop ... it seems the only os it works on efficiently IS windows ... and the least is fedora 25 ... so be it ...

#crysx

I don't have any kind of Windows for a few years now, but my Slack is working quiet alright on my Android phone, Ubuntu desktop (in Chrome) and Mint laptop (in Chrome). I might missing something, but as I have never used the Windows version, I don't know. So what is the option I am missing on Linux and Android?

Nikolaj

Activity: 445
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 01:40:55 PM

So is it confirmed X11?

If it is, good luck with your project because We move out.

Ethereum and Zcash adoption are two massive lessons of the way to proceed with the distribution process, not letting yourself get raped by giant X11 ASIC farms (that could have been made in the meantime prior the HLM release).
rhinomonkey

Activity: 646
Merit: 501

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 02:20:33 PM

I have yet to see arguments against X11 aside from "people will dump". Can anyone give a different argument as to how X11 / ASICs will have detrimental effects on the network?

"Getting raped by giant ASIC farms" isn't very persuasive. Though, it does bring about some humorous imagery.

andrew24p

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 02:44:38 PM

I have yet to see arguments against X11 aside from "people will dump". Can anyone give a different argument as to how X11 / ASICs will have detrimental effects on the network?

"Getting raped by giant ASIC farms" isn't very persuasive. Though, it does bring about some humorous imagery.

It depends how quickly the difficulty adjusts, because asic farms come in and push the difficulty up and then it takes a long time to find a block. Some extremes are I have seen it take some coins with 2-5 minute block times to 6-7 hours.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█          ██     ██       ▄█▄        ██        ██     ▄██████▄    ██████████    ████████    ██████▄                      █
█          ██     ██       ███        ██        ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██      ██ ██       ███      ███     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██     ▄██ ██▄      ████    ████     ██              ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          █████████     ██   ██      ██ ██  ██ ██      ▀█████▄        ██        ███████     ██   ▄█▀                     █
█          ██     ██     ██   ██      ██  █▄▄█  ██            ██       ██        ██          █████                        █
█          ██     ██    ▄███████▄     ██  ████  ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██   ██                      █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ▀██████▀        ██        ████████    ██     ██                    █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
M   A   R   K   E   T   P   L  A   C   E  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

❖TWITTER
❖TELEGRAM
❖WHITEPAPER
❖FACEBOOK
❖ANN THREAD
SLACK
andrew24p

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 02:46:48 PM

ok ...

again ...

really mate! ...

#crysx

ummm - that helps ...

#crysx

Most people can easily use slack, so this seems like a problem you have. I dont want to be a dick, but if you want to ask a question, ask it here and someone will answer it after the AMA.

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

❖TWITTER
❖TELEGRAM
❖WHITEPAPER
❖FACEBOOK
❖ANN THREAD
SLACK
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2017, 03:01:37 PM

ok ...

again ...

really mate! ...

#crysx

ummm - that helps ...

#crysx

Most people can easily use slack, so this seems like a problem you have. I dont want to be a dick, but if you want to ask a question, ask it here and someone will answer it after the AMA.

you are not being a dick at all mate ...

in fact - everyone here has been very helpful ...

it IS an issue on my end ... slack uses different coding routines for some stupid reason - and it messes with the display on my system ... dont ask me why - but it does ... its the only site that does it ... even outlook.com and other scripted sites are not an issue ...

does slack use shockwave and flash extensively? ... if so - that could be the issue ... i know there is an update to the fedora repos for the flash plugin - but i have not installed it ... that things messed with previous versions ( because it was NEVER updated by adobe ) up until they released a newer version a couple of months ago ... so maybe ill give that a go a little later ...

this is my work machine - and development system - so i dont mess with it for such trivial sites like slack ...

ill build another fedora 25 x64 system and mess with that instead ... if it works - ill implement it into this production workstation ...

but like the argument i had for spreadx11 a while back - and still no change to date ... if you cant beat em - leave em ...

tanx for all the help ...

#crysx

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 05:01:11 PM

is bittrex going to credit our accounts if we hold spread on snap shot date?

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 05:03:40 PM

it's about hashrate distribution, with asic, you have higher chance of a single guy contorling the network with gpu not so much
AltsBoom

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 05:08:23 PM

is bittrex going to credit our accounts if we hold spread on snap shot date?

Yes

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Nikolaj

Activity: 445
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 05:25:26 PM

it's about hashrate distribution, with asic, you have higher chance of a single guy contorling the network with gpu not so much

Precisely (Eth/Zcash distribution)
craslovell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 02:04:16 AM

A 50x marketcap increase in anticipation of what is to come. I like the slow pace in which everything is unfolding. I missed the 0.30$ dip a couple of days ago but since I only needed a little bit more I still got a good deal considering the average.

I was looking at the coinmarketcap history for spreadcoin (had I only found this thread when it was posted) and I couldn't help but notice how clean it looks. Price starts rising at the exact moment of the announcement and there hasn't been any volume at all in the months (year) leading up to the announcement.

Solid ideas, solid devs, no skulduggery. Keep it up Smiley

I'm in the same boat, it's a shame I didn't pick up a few thousand when spr was the low low price of $0.01  Cheesy
KarmaShark

Activity: 615
Merit: 554

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 03:41:00 AM

A 50x marketcap increase in anticipation of what is to come. I like the slow pace in which everything is unfolding. I missed the 0.30$ dip a couple of days ago but since I only needed a little bit more I still got a good deal considering the average.

I was looking at the coinmarketcap history for spreadcoin (had I only found this thread when it was posted) and I couldn't help but notice how clean it looks. Price starts rising at the exact moment of the announcement and there hasn't been any volume at all in the months (year) leading up to the announcement.

Thank you for the kind words of support.

We will be holding an AMA in the Helium Slack channel in a few weeks. This will be another comprehensive network update on what we have been up to on the Enterprise strategy, where it is going and and how we will get it there. The focus is shifting to the blockchain snapshot and launch so we will also be providing information on this front as well.

https://heliumslack.herokuapp.com/
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 04:00:57 AM

Thank you for the kind words of support.

We will be holding an AMA in the Helium Slack channel in a few weeks. This will be another comprehensive network update on what we have been up to on the Enterprise strategy, where it is going and and how we will get it there. The focus is shifting to the blockchain snapshot and launch so we will also be providing information on this front as well.

https://heliumslack.herokuapp.com/

yay ...

scudcloud is now part of the fedora 25 'updates' repo ...

installing now ...

hopefully this will fix the issues associated with the 'slack' crap ive been dealing with for so long ... considering EVERYONE in crypto wants to use this platform ...

get ready for some 'stupid' questions from me as to how to join and stuff ...

see you there guys Smiley ...

Code:
Downloading Packages:
(1/3): scudcloud-1.50-2.fc25.noarch.r 152 kB/s |  73 kB     00:00   
(2/3): python3-qt5-webkit-5.7-4.fc25. 246 kB/s | 129 kB     00:00   
(3/3): python3-qt5-5.7-4.fc25.x86_64. 883 kB/s | 3.9 MB     00:04

#crysx

coon056

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 05:59:14 AM

Hey. Tell me, please, will there be new information in this thread of the forum? It's hard for me to follow the project because I do not know English. I can translate text information with Google translate
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 146 »
  Print  

Jump to: