Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:20:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold or Sell  (Read 72351 times)
matchi2011

Activity: 1456
Merit: 267

Buy $BGL before it's too late!

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 04:01:24 PM

In trading how do you know if it is time to still hold or is it the right time to sell? Do you go buy your profit margin  or actually wait for the highest possible peak?
For example if you're earning like 10% of your investment, would you just sell or would you be interested in waiting and seeing if it goes more up so you could earn more, in doing that its possible that it may go down and you then earn like 5-8%
But what is your process in this? How do you go about hold and sell timings?

I always go for hold to get the benefits of the highest possible profit I can get with Bitcoin and can be considered as investment.  But if you are looking for day trading, it is always the incoming news and rumors being spread around as my indicator of selling or buying Bitcoin.   Timing is quite hard but it can be easier if we set range profit to trigger buying and selling Bitcoins.  So it depends on what is one person's ideal, i go around for at least 10% earnings.

What I've learned is that you should gold onto the coins you believe in and don't try to daytrade unless you are very skilled or have a lot of money to put in when you start learning trading. I only sell my coins if I've had a very good profit, or if I don't believe in the project anymore. I never sell my bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin though.
That goes for me as well. Though the coins i'm holding are limited to btc eth and ripple, which i believe is really for long term holding. I don't sell unless it's completely needed. I try to have another means of earning money so i won't have to spend any coins that i keep. Hopefully in the future, what i'm doing will make me rich

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
Aaroenz0r

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

Option Blitz

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 08:03:32 PM

In my opinion, to be safe, you should trade trade altcoin with a low interest rate such as 5% or 10%. With Bitcoin, you hold for long time

BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:42:10 AM

Trading can change a lot.
You should think about the right analysis. I think it's more profitable
Because it will tend to increase Bitcoin prices for some time.
A lot of people are using bitcoin for the sake of higher profit. Trading in bitcoin give them everything they want and market analysis is also very important if one is not seeing the market critics he will surely meet loss and boom of bitcoin value is in the hand of investor as they demand more coin the prices of bitcoin will surely go up and all the investor will enjoy the same sort of profit so just in btc just hold buy and sell.
Exactly! This is really a good strategy and it will help you in making a very good amount of profit. At the very present moment, there is nothing more beneficial than that of holding your bitcoins. The way market price of bitcoin is increasing is a guarantee of this thing that you are going to have more money in coming days. Sell your bitcoins only when you are left with no other option.
nirozeen

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:45:30 AM

Sell on the way up.
then with what is left, HODL!
Sand King

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 12:09:42 AM

Sell on the way up.
then with what is left, HODL!
For me i will gonna hold it until the value of my coins is increasing and increasing and i will stop holding it when i satisfied with value of and then i will gonann have a chance to sell it with a higher value then i can get a higher profit in that way.

mikeprimia

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:15:12 AM

I think people who are having the profit will say " sell " and people who are just buying Bitcoin at this moment will say "hodl". So it's depending on the view of each person.
Ayush rana

Activity: 476
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:28:01 AM

In trading for good profit you should update yourself with the bitcoin news. now a days bitcoin price is increasing continuously, so you should keep a check on the upcoming events of bitcoin or any news regarding bitcoin that may affect the price of bitcoins. So with this you can predict the future price of the bitcoin and took the right decision whether to sell or hold the bitcoins.

Afnan_faizah

Activity: 798
Merit: 178

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:40:37 AM

I think people who are having the profit will say " sell " and people who are just buying Bitcoin at this moment will say "hodl". So it's depending on the view of each person.
Emm, yes. By sell bitcoin its mean we open new chance to grow the amount of bitcoin. But we must do it with right strategy and throw away our fear and greed, this is our enemy. But try to improove our skill in earning bitcoin is needed, so I will say that we have to keep buy and  bitcoin in exchange, I mean trading.

Sepertinya sudah waktunya, kalau menurut saya lebih baik lump sum sekarang. 30/01/2024.
dominikas18

Activity: 32

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:24:32 AM

I personally feel like it would be the best time to sell BTC right after the NY - my reasoning and thought are illustrated here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soFN9_-kAOE
Would be glad to hear your feedback!
BureauChef

Activity: 139

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:36:21 PM

Emm, yes. By sell bitcoin its mean we open new chance to grow the amount of bitcoin. But we must do it with right strategy and throw away our fear and greed, this is our enemy. But try to improove our skill in earning bitcoin is needed, so I will say that we have to keep buy and  bitcoin in exchange, I mean trading.

This depends. When you're with bitcoin, you must hold it to be successful. When you're with altcoins, you can either hold them or sell them to buyers. Altcoins are creating a risk factor nowadays and I don't see them positively.
Cliparts

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:12:40 PM

In trading how do you know if it is time to still hold or is it the right time to sell? Do you go buy your profit margin  or actually wait for the highest possible peak?
For example if you're earning like 10% of your investment, would you just sell or would you be interested in waiting and seeing if it goes more up so you could earn more, in doing that its possible that it may go down and you then earn like 5-8%

Indeed, this is true. However, the problem will always be the standards. When bitcoin’s price goes down, how do we know that it is the lowest? Same when it’s price goes high, how do we know if it’s the highest? So, we will not regret. The key here is to have standards, so we know when to sell and buy.
Well I think using both options for earning its important because you will hold bitcoin when you buy bitcoin with low price and then you have for a right time so I think it’s very important for profit so always play here carefully because price of bitcoin matter and the good thing about bitcoin is that it change its price from low to high very fast so when you come to know that the price go high then sell all your bitcoins and take a good profit.
doomistake

Activity: 1400
Merit: 571

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:34:58 PM

In my opinion, to be safe, you should trade trade altcoin with a low interest rate such as 5% or 10%. With Bitcoin, you hold for long time

I disagree, bitcoin and altcoin is just the same, if you are going to Trade your Altcoins very well, then you could have much bigger profits more than the profits that you could make if you are just going to hold your bitcoins, but of course it depends on the situation, I mean, you have to sell it if you feel like it is the highest point of its pump and hold if you know that it is going to pump someday, and so on.

Hold if its not worth it to sell, and Sell if it is worth to be sold.
saqibmunir

Activity: 267
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:44:28 PM

I always go for hold to get the benefits of the highest possible profit I can get with Bitcoin and can be considered as investment.  But if you are looking for day trading, it is always the incoming news and rumors being spread around as my indicator of selling or buying Bitcoin.   Timing is quite hard but it can be easier if we set range profit to trigger buying and selling Bitcoins.  So it depends on what is one person's ideal, i go around for at least 10% earnings.

What I've learned is that you should gold onto the coins you believe in and don't try to daytrade unless you are very skilled or have a lot of money to put in when you start learning trading. I only sell my coins if I've had a very good profit, or if I don't believe in the project anymore. I never sell my bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin though.
yeah loss and profit is the part of the game and you have to decide it by seeing the potential of the coin. if it is a good coin, then keep it. One time it will double its value. If you are holding a newly hatch with low level coin, dont hestitate to sell it or you will end up lose in trade. there are many coin which dump and pump and develop oppurtunity for the traders to make profit but in some case you should have to believe in coin and have to wait for the right time.
rbelkin

Activity: 39

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 04:56:12 PM

This depends. When you're with bitcoin, you must hold it to be successful. When you're with altcoins, you can either hold them or sell them to buyers. Altcoins are creating a risk factor nowadays and I don't see them positively.

It also depends. Some people daytrade bitcoin and make a buck. If you can predict the pattern, it can be better than just hold it. But I don't recommend doing it though. Usually, people lose money daytrading. they do the exact opposite of buy low, sell high. Emotions Smiley
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 04:57:40 PM

very good if you can still hold it. there is a possibility that bitcoin prices will continue to increase, until 2018. maybe the price will go up a few% of the current price. many people are already selling the bitcoin they had when the price went up above $ 8000
Adioliver

Activity: 266
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 05:14:44 PM

Holding is always the first choice as it is evident now,Bitcoin's value stands high above $9k closing in fast to $10k.Bitcoins value fluctuates a lot in just a matter of months,so hold and set a desired profit % and sell it if the new value yields your desired profit margin.
donovank

Activity: 84
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:58:31 PM

Long term holding seems to be the most interesting choise, if you don't have TA experience
cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 05:57:37 AM

It is better if you will hold your bitcoins than to sell it! Holding bitcoins can make more profit in the future. There are many people who became successful in the trading because of holding.
This is indeed the best method of making large money with bitcoin that is simply keep in your wallet for long time. People have made millions just by holding bitcoin in their wallets for relatively larger time than other bitcoiner's. All those people who really want massive profits with bitcoin, I will suggest them not to sell off bitcoin when there is slight increase in value or some hard dump is faced by bitcoin.
guxu219

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 12:56:16 PM

Indeed, this is true. However, the problem will always be the standards. When bitcoin’s price goes down, how do we know that it is the lowest? Same when it’s price goes high, how do we know if it’s the highest? So, we will not regret. The key here is to have standards, so we know when to sell and buy.
Still I am buying for a future according to my plan because in my I will continue buying bitcoin till the rate reach to 15k$ after that I hold my bitcoin for a time when the rate reach to 20k$ then I will start selling some bitcoins while some bitcoin will invest in some projects.
No I am still buying bitcoin because according to my idea the rate of bitcoin is still low and the reason is that bitcoin have not get maximum number of users still when it will get maximum number of users then the rate will be increased more and more.
TKNG

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 12:58:46 PM

If you are not a day trader, hold it.
When a worker makes short-term trading, he / she will get out of work.
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: