Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:11:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [TOR] Torcoin - X11 PoW - Tor Integrated Crypto - Torcoin.org  (Read 125288 times)
frankfurrt

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 01:27:13 AM

White paper = Science  Grin Grin

well in the field of crypto etc? ****YES*****
It does not need to be a white paper published on a conference. It can be done anonymously (look at Bitcoin) *BUT* describe what is going on under the hood.

Do not steal name of a well established project such as Tor and claim that you aid their nodes. Some of your advert-guys already responded to me that it is 'Tor' after all;] another guy asked how to claim his reward for operating a browser ! not everyone is so computer-literate and you are feeding yourselves on their lack of knowledge. go figure.

Tor is a dictionary word not a trademark name!
It's not "advert-guys" it's users of Torcoin and members of our signature campaign.
Even if Torcoin was anything you've written, it wouldn't make any difference, what's true is

Torcoin provides: anonymity, fast transactions, and has a nice catchy name
A devoted community is all it takes to push this coin high up  Smiley

While you're attacking Torcoin, we're at 0.0009BTC and 8.5BTC in trade volume!

The definition of "tor" is "A high craggy hill". So how does that relate?
Lontongmie

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 01:50:00 AM

I am using an online exchange to store my TOR because I do not wish to download the client. Is this safe? I hope so, because I will receive a lot of TOR through the signature campaign.

frankfurrt

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 02:31:13 AM

Here's another problem I have. In the OP of this ANN it states "TOR is fully integrated with TorCoin, which means that a snoop or attacker watching your internet connection will not know if you are using TorCoin - and other TorCoin users cannot determine the physical location of your Torcoin node.".   But here, at the tor project website. https://www.torproject.org/about/overview.html.en, at the bottom in the staying anonymous section it very clearly states, "Tor does not provide protection against end-to-end timing attacks: If your attacker can watch the traffic coming out of your computer, and also the traffic arriving at your chosen destination, he can use statistical analysis to discover that they are part of the same circuit"
Paredao
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1632

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 02:32:39 AM

I am using an online exchange to store my TOR because I do not wish to download the client. Is this safe? I hope so, because I will receive a lot of TOR through the signature campaign.

It would be more secure you download the wallet for your computer. It is always risky to keep values in the exchanges. Think about it.  Wink
thetorcoin (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

https://TORCOIN.ORG

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2017, 03:28:09 AM

TorCoin is way up .. it is already valued at almost $3 now on C-Cex : https://c-cex.com/?p=tor-btc

https://TorCoin.org - ANONYMOUS CRYPTOCURRENCY
thetorcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2017, 03:29:10 AM

No, don't do it. It's not safe to store large amounts of crypto on an exchange. just download the wallet for windows or MAC

thetorcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2017, 03:32:33 AM

hey folks, TorCoin is up 170% today, great news!

However, we need to get TorCoin listed on some bigger exchanges, which would drive the price way, way up.

Especially Bittrex!

Anyone with an interest in TorCoin success should email support@bittrex.com and ask them to list TorCoin!

oh so you are the guy behind this. would you please answer my questions so to show everyone that I AM WRONG?
1) what is the relation of this project to Tor
2) who is rewarded and for what
3) in the initial post you said you reward TOR node operators; how is it possible?
4) you've copy pasted entire code of a Tor router. Do you want to operate onion routers of your own? If so - what do you reward them for. just for uptime or for what? How do you intend to integrate your routers with the rest of legit Tor-network.

simple quesitons answer here one by one. so that everyon knows I'm a guy who created an account just to say bad things about this GREAT technology:D come one. answer. one by one.

BUMP !

After sending way toooooooo many private messages to "thetorcoin" (pm & his personal address @protonmail.com) then never got any reply from him ... I'm starting to desperate so the FUDders are probably right. I'm even wondering if "thetorcoin" is a real person considering the fact that I never get any single reply from the staff when I ask for more information about the ad campaign  Grin (or the translations that supposedly need to be done  Wink)

I get 100s of emails per day and can barely keep up with the people who are doing important things, like developing the apps related to the coin, re-designing the website, etc.  Sorry if I haven't gotten to your emails yet, but i'm awfully busy. What exactly is it that you want from me?

frankfurrt

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 03:53:25 AM

No, don't do it. It's not safe to store large amounts of crypto on an exchange. just download the wallet for windows or MAC

WHY do you say torcoin is completely safe an anonymous when on the tor website it says opposite?
frankfurrt

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 04:20:38 AM

We've crossed 0.001BTC/TOR!!

10BTC in trade volume!!

We're growing every single day! Smiley Smiley

I wish this project all the best:P it is allways good to have more onion routers around! but describe what it does and what it does not. Do not say that you reward onion routers in any way because you do not. you increase the number of routers as your software comes with one and thats it:) then there is no need for a white paper as there is nothing to describe. sorry once again. it is allways good to see people willing to aid such projects as Tor. But describe what you do. Do not log off when people are waiting for answers. If such is the case I WISH THIS PROJECT ALL THE BEST. even though we are working on a Tor-killer. Tor is a GREAT project. it aids many people world-wide and if your currency is to increase the number of routers then I wish ti ALL THE BEST.

The most confusing part was that you reward TOR nodes. Now see I'm not a troll:P I'm just researching what's going on in the field:P you might want to check out the link I gave you from time to time. maybe when the countdown finishes who knows maybe it might make you rich..  you do not see a cryptocurrency with a completely entirely new source code that often do you:P I'm out. peace be with you. At our project we are not developing a coin; we are reinventing the Internet... from Internet as we know it to IoT

Thank you Smiley

The thread never stated it rewarded Tor nodes, you got that wtong xD
It said it rewards people for running Tor nodes  Cheesy

What's the reward?
schyter

Activity: 385
Merit: 257

Open to any CryptoBusiness idea you have for Ghana

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2017, 04:26:03 AM

I've been lurking on bitcointalk for quite a while and I've followed this TOR thread well and I feel like I know everyone here.
There's no comment I needed to make that someone else didn't make; from dissing of fake critics to reproaching TheTORCoin.

I invested in TOR during one of its spikes, hoping for more growth to help me get some cash to grow my community (@BitcoinGhana-twitter.        @GhanaBitcoin -facebook) with facebook ads and spread the knowledge of cryptocurrency in my developing country.

The price has dropped badly alright. But for some reason I'm holding on to my few coins and I've placed an order to sell half (25 TOR at 0.008BTC ) on c-cex.
I hope the fans of TOR will work harder to promote TOR.
@TheTORCoin,  please get active on twitter. I have some important accounts following me there. I will retweet every one of your tweets till TOR soars again.

lfo

Activity: 85

BNM founder

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2017, 04:32:28 AM

what is the secret to staking this, doesnt seem to be staking consistently, any help towards that would be greatly appreciated, want to stake my coins

Blocknewsmedia.com
Blocknewsmedia.us
thetorcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2017, 04:44:12 AM

what is the secret to staking this, doesnt seem to be staking consistently, any help towards that would be greatly appreciated, want to stake my coins

Staking rewards are pretty low right now .. the main transition to pos will be in two years. I wouldn't worry too much about staking at the moment.  if you run a windows wallet or macos wallet the staking should begin automatically after a certain amount of time.  if you encrypt your wallet it will not stake

olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 04:55:29 AM

TorCoin is way up .. it is already valued at almost $3 now on C-Cex : https://c-cex.com/?p=tor-btc

It seems your way up is now a relative statement based on the comment below
I've been lurking on bitcointalk for quite a while and I've followed this TOR thread well and I feel like I know everyone here.
There's no comment I needed to make that someone else didn't make; from dissing of fake critics to reproaching TheTORCoin.

I invested in TOR during one of its spikes, hoping for more growth to help me get some cash to grow my community (@BitcoinGhana-twitter.        @GhanaBitcoin -facebook) with facebook ads and spread the knowledge of cryptocurrency in my developing country.

The price has dropped badly alright. But for some reason I'm holding on to my few coins and I've placed an order to sell half (25 TOR at 0.008BTC ) on c-cex.
I hope the fans of TOR will work harder to promote TOR.
@TheTORCoin,  please get active on twitter. I have some important accounts following me there. I will retweet every one of your tweets till TOR soars again.

What I think is all form of speculation should even be avoided now and focus should be on making sure the coin reaches the right population as that's will make the decision made by early joiners and those who are just coming in their investment a worthwhile one which is what everyone is looking forward to.
thetorcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2017, 05:05:23 AM

sorry for the website issues at the moment, attempting to update the site with translations in major languages

frankfurrt

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 06:42:04 AM

Why does it say that anyone watching your internet connection cannot figure you're using TorCoin because of tor, but on the torproject website they say you can be tracked that way?
stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 07:13:50 AM

Why does it say that anyone watching your internet connection cannot figure you're using TorCoin because of tor, but on the torproject website they say you can be tracked that way?

Don't read too much into it. They're simply covering their asses in the event that someone does in fact get tracked doing something illegal by means of the Tor network. They will be able to say "I told you so" and not be held accountable. No network can guarantee 100% anonymity on the internet. Tor does a great job, but it's not infallible. A packet going through the Tor network can be intercepted at an exit node and some information can be gleaned from that. However, Tor is random and, in theory, never uses the same path twice. So there is no way of knowing which exit node is going to pass traffic at any given time. And that is, of course, unless someone has access to every known and unknown exit node all at once, which is impossible.

frankfurrt

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 07:24:45 AM

Don't read too much into it. They're simply covering their asses in the event that someone does in fact get tracked doing something illegal by means of the Tor network. They will be able to say "I told you so" and not be held accountable. No network can guarantee 100% anonymity on the internet. Tor does a great job, but it's not infallible. A packet going through the Tor network can be intercepted at an exit node and some information can be gleaned from that. However, Tor is random and, in theory, never uses the same path twice. So there is no way of knowing which exit node is going to pass traffic at any given time. And that is, of course, unless someone has access to every known and unknown exit node all at once, which is impossible.

That's the thing, is people have been tracked that way. The tor project will admit people have been tracked that way, which is why they help you with other ways around that. It doesn't seem anyone here, especially the dev has actually done research on how tor works. Ever wonder how people get tracked on the darknweb, yaknow, the part of the Web you access through tor?
stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 07:40:51 AM

That's the thing, is people have been tracked that way. The tor project will admit people have been tracked that way, which is why they help you with other ways around that. It doesn't seem anyone here, especially the dev has actually done research on how tor works. Ever wonder how people get tracked on the darknweb, yaknow, the part of the Web you access through tor?

I'm very familiar with Tor and how it works. I did quite a bit of research and wrote several papers on it when getting my M.S. in Cybersecurity. I use Tor from time-to-time as well. I even went to some of the sites on the "dark web" to see what it was all about... once. Never again. There were way too many highly questionable things out there that I did not want to be associated with in any way.
As far as Torcoin goes, well, that "anonymous" thing is one of the selling points OP is using to advertise his coin. And he is certainly within his rights to do so. If people want to use Torcoin for nefarious activities, then they are taking a huge risk, and that's on them if they get tracked and caught.

vega4

Activity: 37

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 08:10:13 AM

You understand the purpose of the coin isn't anything Tor related?
I wish this coin all the best. You had some sort of an idea go ahead if you ask me.
vega4

Activity: 37

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 08:15:29 AM
Last edit: May 09, 2017, 08:25:45 AM by vega4

As far as Torcoin goes, well, that "anonymous" thing is one of the selling points OP is using to advertise his coin. And he is certainly within his rights to do so. If people want to use Torcoin for nefarious activities, then they are taking a huge risk, and that's on them if they get tracked and caught.
oh well, do not shine with your degrees I've also got a degree;P so if you've got a degree you know that sending bitcoin from one address to another address might be considered perfectly anonymous as long as these can not be tied  to any physical idenitity;d
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: