Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 07:22:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [TOR] Torcoin - X11 PoW - Tor Integrated Crypto - Torcoin.org  (Read 125285 times)
stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 05:46:28 PM

Why does it say that anyone watching your internet connection cannot figure you're using TorCoin because of tor, but on the torproject website they say you can be tracked that way?

Don't read too much into it. They're simply covering their asses in the event that someone does in fact get tracked doing something illegal by means of the Tor network. They will be able to say "I told you so" and not be held accountable. No network can guarantee 100% anonymity on the internet. Tor does a great job, but it's not infallible. A packet going through the Tor network can be intercepted at an exit node and some information can be gleaned from that. However, Tor is random and, in theory, never uses the same path twice. So there is no way of knowing which exit node is going to pass traffic at any given time. And that is, of course, unless someone has access to every known and unknown exit node all at once, which is impossible.

That's the thing, is people have been tracked that way. The tor project will admit people have been tracked that way, which is why they help you with other ways around that. It doesn't seem anyone here, especially the dev has actually done research on how tor works. Ever wonder how people get tracked on the darknweb, yaknow, the part of the Web you access through tor?

I'm very familiar with Tor and how it works. I did quite a bit of research and wrote several papers on it when getting my M.S. in Cybersecurity. I use Tor from time-to-time as well. I even went to some of the sites on the "dark web" to see what it was all about... once. Never again. There were way too many highly questionable things out there that I did not want to be associated with in any way.
As far as Torcoin goes, well, that "anonymous" thing is one of the selling points OP is using to advertise his coin. And he is certainly within his rights to do so. If people want to use Torcoin for nefarious activities, then they are taking a huge risk, and that's on them if they get tracked and caught.

If you did so much research then you know that people have been caught and he lies when he says how anonymous it is. So not only did he ripoff the name and logo, he lied about the technology.  No wonder the torproject wants nothing to do with this guy.

Yes, I do know that people have been caught doing illegal things, even with the use of Tor. Jeez, are my posts that hard to understand?  Huh Did I not make it clear that Tor is NOT 100% anonymous? It even says as much right on the Tor browser home page.

You did not make that clear, actually you defended him by saying he had the right to claim that amount of anonymity. Jeez, is it that hard to read what you wrote?

I understood what I wrote just fine. He can claim whatever the hell he wants to. Understand that first. The burden of proof is on him to defend that claim. Either he'll respond and address your concern, or he'll ignore you. That's on him.

Do you understand what you wrote? Because your previous statement proved otherwise. That's the problem, he blatantly lies, then has been ignoring me when I bring it up. In fact no one has had anything to say about all of the hypocrisy going on in this project.

You and I are obviously not on the same page here. I'm not sure what point you are trying to make about my posts, and to be honest, I don't care enough to pursue this conversation any longer. The only thing I am defending is OPs right to make any claim he wants to as long as he can back it up with proof. That is his responsibility, not mine. I am not invested in this coin at all. I don't own a single Torcoin. I only became interested in it when I saw the Announcement and wanted to see what was up. I shared your concern in the beginning about Tor being fully onboard with this coin, but OP has since changed his tune on that when Tor stated othewise. Maybe he will eventually respond to you. Maybe one of the mysterious devs will respond. Maybe one of the fanboys will respond. I don't know, and I don't care.

frankfurrt

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 05:50:09 PM

Why does it say that anyone watching your internet connection cannot figure you're using TorCoin because of tor, but on the torproject website they say you can be tracked that way?

Don't read too much into it. They're simply covering their asses in the event that someone does in fact get tracked doing something illegal by means of the Tor network. They will be able to say "I told you so" and not be held accountable. No network can guarantee 100% anonymity on the internet. Tor does a great job, but it's not infallible. A packet going through the Tor network can be intercepted at an exit node and some information can be gleaned from that. However, Tor is random and, in theory, never uses the same path twice. So there is no way of knowing which exit node is going to pass traffic at any given time. And that is, of course, unless someone has access to every known and unknown exit node all at once, which is impossible.

That's the thing, is people have been tracked that way. The tor project will admit people have been tracked that way, which is why they help you with other ways around that. It doesn't seem anyone here, especially the dev has actually done research on how tor works. Ever wonder how people get tracked on the darknweb, yaknow, the part of the Web you access through tor?

I'm very familiar with Tor and how it works. I did quite a bit of research and wrote several papers on it when getting my M.S. in Cybersecurity. I use Tor from time-to-time as well. I even went to some of the sites on the "dark web" to see what it was all about... once. Never again. There were way too many highly questionable things out there that I did not want to be associated with in any way.
As far as Torcoin goes, well, that "anonymous" thing is one of the selling points OP is using to advertise his coin. And he is certainly within his rights to do so. If people want to use Torcoin for nefarious activities, then they are taking a huge risk, and that's on them if they get tracked and caught.

If you did so much research then you know that people have been caught and he lies when he says how anonymous it is. So not only did he ripoff the name and logo, he lied about the technology.  No wonder the torproject wants nothing to do with this guy.

Yes, I do know that people have been caught doing illegal things, even with the use of Tor. Jeez, are my posts that hard to understand?  Huh Did I not make it clear that Tor is NOT 100% anonymous? It even says as much right on the Tor browser home page.

You did not make that clear, actually you defended him by saying he had the right to claim that amount of anonymity. Jeez, is it that hard to read what you wrote?

I understood what I wrote just fine. He can claim whatever the hell he wants to. Understand that first. The burden of proof is on him to defend that claim. Either he'll respond and address your concern, or he'll ignore you. That's on him.

Do you understand what you wrote? Because your previous statement proved otherwise. That's the problem, he blatantly lies, then has been ignoring me when I bring it up. In fact no one has had anything to say about all of the hypocrisy going on in this project.

You and I are obviously not on the same page here. I'm not sure what point you are trying to make about my posts, and to be honest, I don't care enough to pursue this conversation any longer. The only thing I am defending is OPs right to make any claim he wants to as long as he can back it up with proof. That is his responsibility, not mine. I am not invested in this coin at all. I don't own a single Torcoin. I only became interested in it when I saw the Announcement and wanted to see what was up. I shared your concern in the beginning about Tor being fully onboard with this coin, but OP has since changed his tune on that when Tor stated othewise. Maybe he will eventually respond to you. Maybe one of the mysterious devs will respond. Maybe one of the fanboys will respond. I don't know, and I don't care.

apparently you did not understand my point, the claim made in the OP of this ANN is " There is never any need to 'mix' or 'anonymize' your TorCoins - they are anonymous by default. TOR is fully integrated with TorCoin, which means that a snoop or attacker watching your internet connection will not know if you are using TorCoin - and other TorCoin users cannot determine the physical location of your Torcoin node. TorCoin also offers encrypted end-to-end messaging between TorCoin users." Yet tor openly admits that someone watching your internet connection can in fact track you. Which you originally said that he had the right to claim that.
stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 05:59:48 PM

apparently you did not understand my point, the claim made in the OP of this ANN is " There is never any need to 'mix' or 'anonymize' your TorCoins - they are anonymous by default. TOR is fully integrated with TorCoin, which means that a snoop or attacker watching your internet connection will not know if you are using TorCoin - and other TorCoin users cannot determine the physical location of your Torcoin node. TorCoin also offers encrypted end-to-end messaging between TorCoin users." Yet tor openly admits that someone watching your internet connection can in fact track you. Which you originally said that he had the right to claim that.

Ah, I see what you are saying now. I apologize for getting defensive. It seemed as though you were attacking something that I posted, so that was why I was confused. I still say he has the right to make any claim he wants to as long as he can back it up with facts. If you're not fully convinced that he has done so then he really should address it openly and provide his proof. I'm still not fully convinced of the "anonymity" either, hence why I used the quotes around the word, just like I did in my first response to you, so that is why I haven't downloaded the wallet or mined or bought any coins.

Vaccinus

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 06:17:00 PM

what system of anonymity this coin is using? like monero with ring signature, or like zcash and other that use zero proof knowledge? it's not specified in the main post, and why you choose asic algorithm , isn't better to go with gpu algorithm to have better distribution?

frankfurrt

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 06:50:54 PM

Ah, I see what you are saying now. I apologize for getting defensive. It seemed as though you were attacking something that I posted, so that was why I was confused. I still say he has the right to make any claim he wants to as long as he can back it up with facts. If you're not fully convinced that he has done so then he really should address it openly and provide his proof. I'm still not fully convinced of the "anonymity" either, hence why I used the quotes around the word, just like I did in my first response to you, so that is why I haven't downloaded the wallet or mined or bought any coins.

It's ok, no hard feelings. I was just trying to make the point that what is claimed cannot be backed up by any present facts, not trying to attack you. I guess it was lost in translation. I guess it's a matter of semantics but I do not feel that because he can do something means he has the right to. Because this project, thus far, seems to only be dragging the actual torproject through the mud, which is not right, nor the fact that he is claiming it to be as anonymous and secure as he does to lure people in. And I have no reason to believe it is until someone can explain how torcoin is somehow more safe than the tor network.
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 12:51:47 AM

Hello sir. I already join the signature campaign of tor and Im very happy and thankful because Im one of the participants promote Tor. I plan to buy Tor maybe next day because I make research and I see the potential of this coin. I will do my best to promote your coin.
I hope also Tor signature campaign will live long so many participants interest to buy TOR. More power to us and especially torn.

Well, we hope so too Smiley

@frankfurrt

There is absolutely no need to mix Torcoin as they ARE untraceable by default (Stealth addresses).

The Tor nodes aka. if someone will know you're using Torcoin is just as anonymous as Tor is.
After the fact the coins are untracable it even hides the fact you're using the wallet,  does any other coin offer this?

No, it does not.
It provides already mixed coins and usage of Tor to make you more anonymous on the internet.

Looking for a signature campaign.
Lontongmie

Activity: 448

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 01:48:13 AM

@iluvbitcoin
Would TORcoin at all be interested in a formal white paper? I can take the information on this thread and use my writing skills to make a nice, clean, formal white paper. I could do this for a bounty in either TOR or Bitcoin, whichever one is easier. I am asking you because you seem to be running the thread these days  Wink

dvyanc

Activity: 308

Renewable Energy Cryptocurrency

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 03:43:15 AM

Let's vote to get this coin listed on C-Cex !!

https://c-cex.com/?id=vote

There are hundreds of coins listed out there, and unfortunately I couldn't find Torcoin among them. How to vote for Torcoin there? Also, they are having something like Bitcoin voting. Do we need to spend our BTC to vote?

Torcoin is already listed there!

https://c-cex.com/?p=tor-btc

Send an e-mail to support@bittrex.com explaining why you think Torcoin should be listed there Smiley

already sent in inicial phase. (Y)

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
▄█████▀▄██████████████▄▀█████▄
█████▀████▀▀        ▀▀████▀█████
████████▀    ▄           ▀████████
████████     ███    ███     ████████
███████      ███   ███       ███████
███████       ███  ███         ███████
███████       ███▄███          ███████
███████       ███▀███          ███████
███████       ███  ███         ███████
███████      ███   ███       ███████
████████     ███    ███     ████████
████████▄               ▄████████
█████▄████▄▄        ▄▄████▄█████
▀█████▄▀██████████████▀▄█████▀
▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
KWHCoin

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀          ▄▄▄▄      ▀███
███          ▄█████        ███
██▀          ███           ▀██
███         ▄▄███▄▄          ███
███         ███████          ███
███           ███            ███
██▄          ███           ▄██
███          ███           ███
███▄        ███         ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
███▀           ▄▄▄     ▀███
███     █▄      █████▄▀    ███
██▀     ███▄▄ ▄▄██████▀    ▀██
███      ▀█████████████      ███
███       █████████████      ███
███        ▀██████████       ███
██▄        ▄████████       ▄██
███    ▄▄████████▀▀        ███
███▄                    ▄███
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀
thetorcoin (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

https://TORCOIN.ORG

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2017, 03:51:43 AM

hey folks, we have been listed on CoinGecko >> https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/torcoin

https://TorCoin.org - ANONYMOUS CRYPTOCURRENCY
thetorcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2017, 03:55:54 AM

hey folks, I think one of the issues keeping the price under $5 right now is that the TorCoin website is blocked by certain browsers and software, such as bitdefender.  This is because BitDefender scans the site for downloadable files and flags the TorCoin windows wallet as a virus. Clearly it is a false positive (or we would have hundreds of people screaming, obviously), but it results in some blockage of the TorCoin site, which is problematic.

Does anyone know how to fix this?  I am thinking to host the downloadable files on some other site, perhaps.  Awaiting suggestions. PM me or email me (torcoin@protonmail.com) for a bounty on this fix

thetorcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2017, 03:57:06 AM

@iluvbitcoin
Would TORcoin at all be interested in a formal white paper? I can take the information on this thread and use my writing skills to make a nice, clean, formal white paper. I could do this for a bounty in either TOR or Bitcoin, whichever one is easier. I am asking you because you seem to be running the thread these days  Wink

Thanks, I'll keep it in mind. Can you email me at TorCoin@protonmail.com?

We do have a whitepaper, as yet unpublished.

torcoin_addict

Activity: 78

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 03:59:26 AM

hey folks, TorCoin is up 170% today, great news!

However, we need to get TorCoin listed on some bigger exchanges, which would drive the price way, way up.

Especially Bittrex!

Anyone with an interest in TorCoin success should email support@bittrex.com and ask them to list TorCoin!

oh so you are the guy behind this. would you please answer my questions so to show everyone that I AM WRONG?
1) what is the relation of this project to Tor
2) who is rewarded and for what
3) in the initial post you said you reward TOR node operators; how is it possible?
4) you've copy pasted entire code of a Tor router. Do you want to operate onion routers of your own? If so - what do you reward them for. just for uptime or for what? How do you intend to integrate your routers with the rest of legit Tor-network.

simple quesitons answer here one by one. so that everyon knows I'm a guy who created an account just to say bad things about this GREAT technology:D come one. answer. one by one.

BUMP !

After sending way toooooooo many private messages to "thetorcoin" (pm & his personal address @protonmail.com) then never got any reply from him ... I'm starting to desperate so the FUDders are probably right. I'm even wondering if "thetorcoin" is a real person considering the fact that I never get any single reply from the staff when I ask for more information about the ad campaign  Grin (or the translations that supposedly need to be done  Wink)

I get 100s of emails per day and can barely keep up with the people who are doing important things, like developing the apps related to the coin, re-designing the website, etc.  Sorry if I haven't gotten to your emails yet, but i'm awfully busy. What exactly is it that you want from me?

Hello "thetorcoin", thanks for finally replying to one of my previous messages  Grin

I just sent you some emails about the French translation of the website that has been done by me.
Wanted you to take a look at it or simply give me the email address of the most qualified person to get an in-depth view.

I would love to contribute to the project then getting rewarded with some tor as I still believe this could be the coin of the year  Wink
thetorcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2017, 04:16:08 AM

hey folks, TorCoin is up 170% today, great news!

However, we need to get TorCoin listed on some bigger exchanges, which would drive the price way, way up.

Especially Bittrex!

Anyone with an interest in TorCoin success should email support@bittrex.com and ask them to list TorCoin!

oh so you are the guy behind this. would you please answer my questions so to show everyone that I AM WRONG?
1) what is the relation of this project to Tor
2) who is rewarded and for what
3) in the initial post you said you reward TOR node operators; how is it possible?
4) you've copy pasted entire code of a Tor router. Do you want to operate onion routers of your own? If so - what do you reward them for. just for uptime or for what? How do you intend to integrate your routers with the rest of legit Tor-network.

simple quesitons answer here one by one. so that everyon knows I'm a guy who created an account just to say bad things about this GREAT technology:D come one. answer. one by one.

BUMP !

After sending way toooooooo many private messages to "thetorcoin" (pm & his personal address @protonmail.com) then never got any reply from him ... I'm starting to desperate so the FUDders are probably right. I'm even wondering if "thetorcoin" is a real person considering the fact that I never get any single reply from the staff when I ask for more information about the ad campaign  Grin (or the translations that supposedly need to be done  Wink)

I get 100s of emails per day and can barely keep up with the people who are doing important things, like developing the apps related to the coin, re-designing the website, etc.  Sorry if I haven't gotten to your emails yet, but i'm awfully busy. What exactly is it that you want from me?

Hello "thetorcoin", thanks for finally replying to one of my previous messages  Grin

I just sent you some emails about the French translation of the website that has been done by me.
Wanted you to take a look at it or simply give me the email address of the most qualified person to get an in-depth view.

I would love to contribute to the project then getting rewarded with some tor as I still believe this could be the coin of the year  Wink

1) what is the relation of this project to Tor > We are not formally affiliated with the Tor Project

2) who is rewarded and for what > mostly miners, but also anyone staking can earn TOR

3) in the initial post you said you reward TOR node operators; how is it possible? > It is very simple.  If you are running TorCoin then you are running a TOR node, and therefore you are earning TorCoin rewards by mining or staking

see above

thetorcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2017, 04:17:06 AM

torcoin_addict > I don't see any email from you. Did you send it to TorCoin@protonmail.com ?!

torcoin_addict

Activity: 78

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 04:22:02 AM

torcoin_addict > I don't see any email from you. Did you send it to TorCoin@protonmail.com ?!

I just sent you one Wink
Lontongmie

Activity: 448

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 04:35:06 AM

Hello! I just emailed you about the white paper, and I sent you the link to get the TORcoin website unblocked as well! Let me know what bounty I earned Smiley

HatakeKakashi

Activity: 1274
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 05:01:02 AM

I BOUGHT TOR COIN IN C-CEX.COM WORTH 0.04 BITCOIN AND I already submmited to bittrex that I want to add tor coin in their exchanges site. I hope soon bittrex decide to add Tor coin so many trader there will also buy this coin If this happen for sure Tor coin will increase the price. BUY TOR COIN GUYZ KEEP PROMOTE THIS COIN. I lovr Tor coin. I will hold my Tor coin in few months or 1 year before I sell it.

Godbless,

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
PGPpfKkx

Activity: 586
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 08:56:49 AM

just to make it clear, does torcoin fire up an exir or a non-exit tor relay?
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 11:23:53 AM

I am getting excited with the joining this Tor coin and purchased it as well. Though not much but little as per my savings will get it regularly so that it can be a good investment in coming time. Hope many of them start dealing big with this coin which will help to have more demand of this coin in coming time.
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 12:45:51 PM

Participate in the Torcoin challenge!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1910247.msg18955391

Looking for a signature campaign.
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: