Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:15:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 347 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] POPULOUS WORLD - Invoice trading platform - PPT  (Read 277183 times)
azmojo

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 09:15:07 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2017, 09:25:21 PM by azmojo

Yes it will rise for sure but last thought on it; i believe Pokens are what they are referred to when placed inside the platform.  If you have 1 PPT worth $6 USD you will receive 6 Pokens to be used for auctioning.  If you take it out of the platform you will receive the equivalent PPT back or the fiat equivalent if you choose to withdraw in fiat.  
After reading this it is clearer to me: https://medium.com/bitpopulous/our-secret-sauce-bd5e1d35f8a6

When you buy a contract you deposit your PPT which gets turned into pokens which you then buy the contract with. When the invoice is paid, you get your PPT back and the profit in pokens.

So apparently you could then accumulate pokens over time and I suppose use those to buy contracts directly without PPT but then do you get paid in PPT + pokens or just pokens in that case? And since you can exchange fiat for pokens, what is the inventive to use PPT and not just invest fiat? That is the question. Sure the value of a PPT token will change over the time the invoice is outstanding, but that is not a reason to use PPT vs fiat.

▄▄
     ▄███
    █████
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄
███████████████████
█████     ▀▀█████████              ███████████▄    ███████████  ████      ███      ████      ██████████▄     ▄██████████▄
█████         ▀███████             ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████     ███     ██████     ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████            ██████             ███        ███  ███          ██████    ███    ███  ███    ███       ██   ███        ███
███▀            ██████             ███        ███  █████████    ███ ███   ███    ███  ███    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███        ███
█▀              ██████             ███        ███  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███  ███  ███   ███    ███   ██████████▀    ███        ███
                ██████             ███        ███  ███          ███   ███ ███   ██████████   ███  ▀███▄     ███        ███
              ▄███████             ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███    ██████  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ███    ▀███▄   ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████
          ▄▄█████████              ███████████▀    ███████████  ███     █████  ███      ███  ███      ▀███   ▀██████████▀
 █████████████████
▄████████████████▀
█████████████▀▀
    █████
    ███▀
    ▀▀
|CRYPTOCURRENCY WALLET AND
WORLDWIDE DEBIT CARDS         ||
                               ▄▄▄▄
                             ▄██████▄
    ██████████████████████████▀ ▄▄ ▀█████████
    ██                     ███  █   ███    ██
  ▄███████████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████
████▀                                       ▀████
███                                           ███
███                    ███████▄               ███
███   ▄█████████▄      ██    ▀██        ▄████████
███   ██       ██              ██      ██▀    ███
███   ██  ███  ██              ██      ██  ██ ███
███   ██       ██      ██    ▄██       ██▄    ███
███   ▀█████████▀      ███████▀         ▀████████
███                                           ███
███     ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██        ███
███      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██       ███
████▄                                       ▄████
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████
  ▀███████████████████████████████████████████▀
|

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ECore

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

https://ubikiri.com/

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 09:27:22 PM

So much drama in ICO coins  these days its'a so damn entertaining  when a bunch of kids with no crypto knowledge throw money at things.

what you  gonna do with them, they just kids...

Integrated Distributed Ledgers
A whole world of different blockchains living together in a single network based on DAG. No more gates, bridges, portals or special nodes connecting blockchains into a single whole. Only one p2p network, consisting of blockchains of various types: from private for state and corporate networks to public for crypto projects.
4Smitty

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 09:43:41 PM

Yes it will rise for sure but last thought on it; i believe Pokens are what they are referred to when placed inside the platform.  If you have 1 PPT worth $6 USD you will receive 6 Pokens to be used for auctioning.  If you take it out of the platform you will receive the equivalent PPT back or the fiat equivalent if you choose to withdraw in fiat.  
After reading this it is clearer to me: https://medium.com/bitpopulous/our-secret-sauce-bd5e1d35f8a6

When you buy a contract you deposit your PPT which gets turned into pokens which you then buy the contract with. When the invoice is paid, you get your PPT back and the profit in pokens.

So apparently you could then accumulate pokens over time and I suppose use those to buy contracts directly without PPT but then do you get paid in PPT + pokens or just pokens in that case? And since you can exchange fiat for pokens, what is the inventive to use PPT and not just invest fiat? That is the question. Sure the value of a PPT token will change over the time the invoice is outstanding, but that is not a reason to use PPT vs fiat.

And that is the question with all of this FUD this morning....what is the incentive to use PPT vs fiat? Obviously, those who buy PPT early and cheap if it does go to $10+ will get to buy invoices with an appreciated PPT value. However, if populous accepts fiat, Bitcoin, etc to buy pokens and buy invoices then all of us PPT holders will have to compete with not only other PPT holders but the rest of the crypto scape that wants to earn 4% per month. Now, if there are 100s/1000s (enough) of invoices to always be some available then it doesn't matter but hopefully not just praying for a scrap or 2 every couple of months to go buy.  I was hoping to invest all value monthly if possible.
4Smitty

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 09:49:49 PM

Also, can someone explain or tell me where to find details on the buyback program of PPT? I don't like the sound of losing my PPT at any point either of that's what happens..thanks
naaktslak5

Activity: 492
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 09:56:59 PM

I sent a message to Steve and Clif to see either could clarify and waiting for a response. Obviously, the incentive to buy PPT is the increased value of your token due to the platform increased value and we can buy invoices using our appreciated PPT value.....however, if whales with 10s of millions jump in and can simply buy pokens with fiat who's to say that smaller PPT owners will even have a chance to buy invoices....Sad

I agree. I just asked this question in the Slack group as well as on a few YouTube channels I watch.

I can't seem to wrap my head around WHY the price of PPT would go up?

If you can simply invest fiat, why go through the trouble of owning PPT?

A common answer is, "Because PPT will appreciate, thus, giving you more buying power".

Okay, but that still doesn't answer the question: WHY will PPT appreciate? If you don't NEED the token to use the platform, why would it increase in value?

Hopefully we can get an answer to this.

Great point!! Yes, hope to get answers and thanks for asking that!
im also curious about that. if you dont need the tokens why would they increase in price.
jooj

Activity: 650
Merit: 350

NOBT - WNOBT your saving bank◕◡◕

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 10:00:15 PM

In my opinion POPULOUS similar as TaaS and even better. all PPT holder will get his dividend every month,week and day.

██████████  ██████████▄▄
         █████████████  ██████████████▄▄
   ▄███  █████▄                  ▀▀███████▄
  ██████   ▀█████▄          ████     ▀▀█████
 █████        ▀█████▄       ████        █████
 ████            ▀████      ████         ████
 ████         ██▄   ▀█  ██▄ ████         ████
 ████▌        █████▄    ████████        ▐████
 ▐████        ████████    ▀█████        ████▌
  █████       ████ ▀██  █▄   ▀██       █████
   █████      ████      ████▄         █████
    █████▄    ████       ▀█████▄    ▄█████
     ▀█████▄  ████          ▀█████▄   ██▀
       ▀█████▄                 ▀█████
         ▀██████▄▄          ▄▄██████▀
            ▀▀████████  ████████▀▀
                ▀▀████  ████▀▀
Take care of your financial privacy
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
A blockchain loyalty scheme and more
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

███████████████
███          ██████████████████
████████████████████████████████
███                          ███
███             ██           ███
███       ██   ██   ██       ███
███      ██    ██    ██      ███
███       ██  ██    ██       ███
████████████████████████████████

████    ████
       █████████ ████████

████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████
██████████████████ ███████████
██████████████████ ██    █████
██████████████████ ███████████
██████████████████
█████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████

▄█████▄
      ▄█████████
     ████    ███▌
    ███       ██▌
   ▐██ ███  ████
   ▄███████████
  ███████████▀
 ████  ███ ██▌
▐██       ███
▐███    ████
 █████████▀
  ▀█████▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
ANN         Discord
Twitter    Telegram
Nobt-plataform
greyswan

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 10:08:56 PM

Also, can someone explain or tell me where to find details on the buyback program of PPT? I don't like the sound of losing my PPT at any point either of that's what happens..thanks
No details available, 45, except that they will buy back at market value. So if you want, you  HODL Cheesy
greyswan

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 10:11:10 PM

No details available, 45, except that they will buy back at market value. So if you want, you  HODL Cheesy
'45' * Sorry Smitty bad magnification on my monitor Grin
yeah it's my eyes
davgonz90

Activity: 144

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 10:17:55 PM

So much drama in ICO coins  these days its'a so damn entertaining  when a bunch of kids with no crypto knowledge throw money at things.

So any PPT owner who has a question about the Populous platform is a kid?

Show some respect.
SatoNatomato

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 10:19:23 PM

Why would invoices exist when we have cryptocurrency and smart contracts?
4Smitty

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 10:44:28 PM

Show some respect.

No doubt. We r just looking for answers.
greyswan

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:25:06 PM

Show some respect.

Smitty, were you looking for this?
https://bitpopulous.slack.com
@jahigrant for invite Smiley
nitrust

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:57:20 PM

Show some respect.

Smitty, were you looking for this?
https://bitpopulous.slack.com
@jahigrant for invite Smiley

How exactly do you register for slack. It asks foir login info but I have none...any help?
nitrust

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 12:07:54 AM

is anyone out there buying up more on this small dip? i fought the urge to buy last night. FOMO was killing me but i fought it off and im glad i did. I wish i wouldve taken some profits at .03 though I was up like 5k
emidab

Activity: 13

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 10:24:24 AM

Any news about alpha? Is it already running? Somebody participating?
Beside Clif High ofcourse Wink
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 10:50:43 AM

I am shocked and in awe. I checked my wallet and have 277 PPTS in my wallet from bounties.  I only found out I had them today and even with the current dip of 20% they are worth over 0.3 BTC..I thought when I first added them to my portfolio that they were worth 0.035 btc but then I checked and the price was actually 0.35. I think I am still dreaming and will just HODL these and forget about them for one year.  Smiley I might buy a few more while they dipped in price but need to find which exchange to buy at least another 3-23 so I can have a round number lol. I want to follow the developments of POPULOUS now full as it is a huge project.  Smiley Thank you POPULOUS TEAM FOR YOUR KIND GENEROSITY!  Smiley
Any other exchanges trade POPULOUS apart from Etherdelta? I can't seem to use this exchange, when I try to upload funds it doesn't work.  Huh

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
emidab

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 10:57:19 AM

I am shocked and in awe. I checked my wallet and have 277 PPTS in my wallet from bounties.  I only found out I had them today and even with the current dip of 20% they are worth over 0.3 BTC..I thought when I first added them to my portfolio that they were worth 0.035 btc but then I checked and the price was actually 0.35. I think I am still dreaming and will just HODL these and forget about them for one year.  Smiley I might buy a few more while they dipped in price but need to find which exchange to buy at least another 3-23 so I can have a round number lol. I want to follow the developments of POPULOUS now full as it is a huge project.  Smiley Thank you POPULOUS TEAM FOR YOUR KIND GENEROSITY!  Smiley

And this kind of appreciation I like. Thank you for this post!
Stay positive! Smiley
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 11:00:42 AM

I am shocked and in awe. I checked my wallet and have 277 PPTS in my wallet from bounties.  I only found out I had them today and even with the current dip of 20% they are worth over 0.3 BTC..I thought when I first added them to my portfolio that they were worth 0.035 btc but then I checked and the price was actually 0.35. I think I am still dreaming and will just HODL these and forget about them for one year.  Smiley I might buy a few more while they dipped in price but need to find which exchange to buy at least another 3-23 so I can have a round number lol. I want to follow the developments of POPULOUS now full as it is a huge project.  Smiley Thank you POPULOUS TEAM FOR YOUR KIND GENEROSITY!  Smiley

Stay positive! Smiley

I want to grow my bag bigger and am trying to grow a portfolio for my family for the future and to back my asset fund. I need to know where I can buy more apart from ETHERDELTA. I don't know how to use etherdelta at all, I tried lol. Any help is appreciated in this matter.. when I click deposit in etherdelta to upload some eth or btc it doesn't work.

I also tried to join the slack room but got this message: Populous platform
Failed! Something has gone wrong. Please contact a system administrator.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
emidab

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 11:13:44 AM

Stay positive! Smiley

I want to grow my bag bigger and am trying to grow a portfolio for my family for the future and to back my asset fund. I need to know where I can buy more apart from ETHERDELTA. I don't know how to use etherdelta at all, I tried lol. Any help is appreciated in this matter.. when I click deposit in etherdelta to upload some eth or btc it doesn't work.

Etherdelta is very easy to use and very intuitive.
The best will be if you'll find some video/tutorials on YouTube how to use this exchange  and just try with small amount of Ether.
There is a lot of videos already with instructions and tips.
Good luck!
Sy
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Bounty Detective

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 11:28:54 AM

You can buy some PPT over at mercatox as well if you like. https://mercatox.com/exchange/PPT/BTC

Or maybe you can check this etherdelta guide to buy tokens there https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD7uzuXmqco

BOUNTY DETECTIVE