Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 07:59:24 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Fourth alt coin thread last three got oversized.  (Read 108770 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
kopija

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 04:47:43 AM

Ill explain this for ya some.. i have been experimenting with it and even PM'd Crackfoo about it and this is how Nemo auto miner works..

please dont ask me to explain anymore than what i just posted, i am not the original info that this all came from, im just passing on a bunch of info explained to me via various people condensed

The info you posted is most impressive and well articulated.
Thank you.
Could you please elaborate on this:
what i do personally is check the profit rates daily, i normally find the same 3 are the top 3 for me rigs.. so i leave it.. but i remove all the rest to prevent the constant switching from happening.. my profits increased as i dropped to only have 3, because many times a block of data was sent to me to process and i would mine maybe 1 or 2 lines of it and get accepted from the servers, but if the entire block of data given is not processed completely from start to finish when you switch you loose all earnings on that incomplete block, when the immature's do confirmation on those blocks you mined, it see's them as incomplete blocks and rejects them in your earnings.. so every time you switch algo's your tossing small earnings out for not completing them

Where do you check for best daily profit rates. Surely not on whatomine, since it does not list all the zpool coins.
So I guess you use zpool somehow to trim the number of coins that are in the auto-exchange script.
Please share the method of this "trimming down" of coins that end up as immature. I know I have to remove them from the script, ofcourse, but how to determine which ones to remove?
Thanks.

we are nothing but a smart contracts on a cosmic blockchain
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 04:52:00 AM

Do any of yall run 8 card rigs? I have been shopping components and after setting up the 4 card gpu and 1 card gpu rig at my parents house in the garage using the old dell workstations and the 5 x1080ti's, im thinking about doing possibly up to 8 card gtx1080ti build, my step father is going to wire up 3 x 120v outlets for me to use in his garage tell i get to the level that im comfortable enough to move into a warehouse.. to save on purchasing multiple motherboards, im thinking of just getting a motherboard with capability of up to 8 cards, then add them as i purchase them to the motherboard,because the main algo's i mine i have them dialed in so far and they pretty much use around 120-130watts per card... so my GPU consumption would be around 1000 watts which seems to be perfectly stable on his power in the garage per outlet..

What do you guys think?

Instead of buying 2 x 4 GPU list of parts, it seems like it would just be cheaper in the end......

I know the build doesnt have any of the T series CPU's, but most of the T series CPU's said they only support up to 5 GPU's from my readings.. unless the info was wrong

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7xnN4C

I am against 6 7 8 card rigs but to each his own

using 1000 psu on an eight card rig is not going to be good for 8 1080ti's  as the watt settings shift from time to time.

but I understand the temptation to run 8 card rigs.  so good luck with them

I agree with Phil -- too many bad memories from the past running heavy rigs and related nightmares.

But from mining farm perspective, all the rigs on the farm is standardized 6-GPU/rx480/470-H81/TB85-4gb-1840 CPU-smOS-1200/1300w PSU -- its done like that for ease of operations and management.

I do however concede, it may be different ballgame altogether... that within the realms of NVIDIA, the power consumption on 1070 and 1060.... are really nuts very low. And for this reason, to improve mining density, my group will include 8-9 x GPUs rigs of 1070, 1060 NVIDIA to the ETH farm. smOS charges 2 bucks per month per rig, so increasing GPUs without increasing power, will be no brainer.

The 1080tis will focus on ZEC only -- its too expensive this 1080ti to run ETH eventhough its equally a beast in ETH 36-38MHs but Zotac 1070 Mini at full speed is at 32MHs!

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
EvilMonkey

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 05:12:21 AM

Do any of yall run 8 card rigs? I have been shopping components and after setting up the 4 card gpu and 1 card gpu rig at my parents house in the garage using the old dell workstations and the 5 x1080ti's, im thinking about doing possibly up to 8 card gtx1080ti build, my step father is going to wire up 3 x 120v outlets for me to use in his garage tell i get to the level that im comfortable enough to move into a warehouse.. to save on purchasing multiple motherboards, im thinking of just getting a motherboard with capability of up to 8 cards, then add them as i purchase them to the motherboard,because the main algo's i mine i have them dialed in so far and they pretty much use around 120-130watts per card... so my GPU consumption would be around 1000 watts which seems to be perfectly stable on his power in the garage per outlet..

What do you guys think?

Instead of buying 2 x 4 GPU list of parts, it seems like it would just be cheaper in the end......

I know the build doesnt have any of the T series CPU's, but most of the T series CPU's said they only support up to 5 GPU's from my readings.. unless the info was wrong

using 1000 psu on an eight card rig is not going to be good for 8 1080ti's  as the watt settings shift from time to time.

I was actually going to run mutliple server PSU's to just be sure the GPU's never overload the PSU... i recently bought 6 server 900/1200watt server psu's for $73, i have not run any equipment off them yet, but they do turn on and fans sound healthy on them.. so going to use them in the future, have 3 breakout boards on the way... I installed the 5 GPU's at my parents house on my 1300watt evga PSU i bought, but going to replace with server psu and use the EVGA on something else..

Why are you against the 6+ rigs, just curious of your reasons as i have no knowledge of having one..

Just seems like a whole lot of extra effort.  But to me if one thing failed it would take out all 8 cards.  At least if you had 2 x4 and something failed only half your system is down.  Things like that.
Storx

Activity: 322
Merit: 233

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 05:18:43 AM

What do you guys think?

I agree with Phil -- too many bad memories from the past running heavy rigs and related nightmares.

But from mining farm perspective, all the rigs on the farm is standardized 6-GPU/rx480/470-H81/TB85-4gb-1840 CPU-smOS-1200/1300w PSU -- its done like that for ease of operations and management.

I do however concede, it may be different ballgame altogether... that within the realms of NVIDIA, the power consumption on 1070 and 1060.... are really nuts very low. And for this reason, to improve mining density, my group will include 8-9 x GPUs rigs of 1070, 1060 NVIDIA to the ETH farm. smOS charges 2 bucks per month per rig, so increasing GPUs without increasing power, will be no brainer.

The 1080tis will focus on ZEC only -- its too expensive this 1080ti to run ETH eventhough its equally a beast in ETH 36-38MHs but Zotac 1070 Mini at full speed is at 32MHs!

What are some of those bad memories you had with the 6+ rigs.... just trying to learn here lol....

Im curious why your so concentrated on ETH for the 1060/1070's and ZEC on the 1080ti's... just curious why that over other algo's.... for example my rigs have been mining blake2s literally 95% of the time the last few days and its been very profitable.. when i do the numbers on profit calculator im only seeing like 8-9/day per card on zec

- GPUs Mining : 128 (Updated 3/7/18) // CPUs Mining : 19 (Updated 2/23/18)
bdiddle

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 05:22:17 AM

People still using zpool? I am getting inconsistent numbers the past week.
Storx

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 05:28:34 AM

Ill explain this for ya some.. i have been experimenting with it and even PM'd Crackfoo about it and this is how Nemo auto miner works..

please dont ask me to explain anymore than what i just posted, i am not the original info that this all came from, im just passing on a bunch of info explained to me via various people condensed

The info you posted is most impressive and well articulated.
Thank you.
Could you please elaborate on this:
what i do personally is check the profit rates daily, i normally find the same 3 are the top 3 for me rigs.. so i leave it.. but i remove all the rest to prevent the constant switching from happening.. my profits increased as i dropped to only have 3, because many times a block of data was sent to me to process and i would mine maybe 1 or 2 lines of it and get accepted from the servers, but if the entire block of data given is not processed completely from start to finish when you switch you loose all earnings on that incomplete block, when the immature's do confirmation on those blocks you mined, it see's them as incomplete blocks and rejects them in your earnings.. so every time you switch algo's your tossing small earnings out for not completing them

Where do you check for best daily profit rates. Surely not on whatomine, since it does not list all the zpool coins.
So I guess you use zpool somehow to trim the number of coins that are in the auto-exchange script.
Please share the method of this "trimming down" of coins that end up as immature. I know I have to remove them from the script, ofcourse, but how to determine which ones to remove?
Thanks.

I know there is better ways of doing it, like to use the data straight off the API report, but the way i have been doing it is i have a google spreadsheet with my hashrates listed, then on one row i have the mBTC per Mh/s list that i get from the zpool profit list, i just update the zpool info daily and it auto calculates my estimate earnings in another row for those algo's... i only update like 7 really because those are the ones i have tuned correctly with my setup so far... if the top 3 are still the 3 im mainly mining i leave everything alone, but if it changed i have links on my spreadsheet that link to the batch file with all the different combinations.. i just look at the one with the 3 i need, close the current running miner batch, then just open the new batch files from 1 single click per rig

citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 06:11:31 AM

What do you guys think?

What are some of those bad memories you had with the 6+ rigs.... just trying to learn here lol....

Im curious why your so concentrated on ETH for the 1060/1070's and ZEC on the 1080ti's... just curious why that over other algo's.... for example my rigs have been mining blake2s literally 95% of the time the last few days and its been very profitable.. when i do the numbers on profit calculator im only seeing like 8-9/day per card on zec

Anything above 6 x gpus previously (2015-2016) needed bigger psu and more risers and new motherboard (other than H81)

Thats leads to more more heat, riser issues, more expense, power trips and likely rigs needs more babysitting because reboots and downtime eventually less hash submitted to stratum server... so less revenue.

Today (circa 2017), we have better mobos supporting 6-7-8-9 x GPUs, better risers, server psu/pico/BB -- however the fact remains, AMD 400/500 series out of stock and you miss out of the mining game. So this is when NVIDIA comes in with surprising results...

I have 18 x 1070 Zotac Mini running ZEC previously, but now on ETH, at 6 x GPU @ 30.xxMHs each @ 184MHs @ 660watts @75PL/165core/650mem, which is far better than running AMD cards (compare RX470 x 6, 27MHs per card, power draw 950watts). The 1060 Mining Edition rumors 70w per card at 22-23MHs per card on ETH, and decent numbers on ZEC and XMR too.

I have tested 1080s FEs, Auros and also AMP Extreme -- all of them runs ZEC very well especially the Auros and AMP-extreme -- I use a 2-3 x GPU per rig and run ZEC and they do in the range of 600-750sols each depending on the OC settings.

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 06:58:16 AM

If anyone wanted to know, i got the 64GB USB drive in from amazon today that i ordered yesterday.. i installed windows 10 on it using the Windows to Go application, plugged it into my mining rig with 4 gtx1080ti's running windows 10 pro w/4800rpm mechanical drive.. The mining works perfectly so far... im getting literally the exact same results as i was running off the mechanical hd....

One con tho... the installation phase of updating the GPU drivers/installing the drivers takes for literally ever it seems.. must have taken 45 minutes to install the latest nvidia drivers... but once i got that done, i opened my google drive and started my mining batch file for this rig and it works flawless with no noticeable lag or reduction in hash rates..

When i installed Windows on the GO, it said it was installing Windows Enterprise edition and that 32GB was the minimal size USB drive needed, but the actual install size on the USB drive is only 22.1GB. I am going to leave this in my mining rig running for the next few days to make sure its stable running it this way.. i did notice a small drop in wattage running the usb drive over the mechanical hd also...

interesting this Windows-on-the-GO.... this will come handy for troubleshooting rigs -- can you create an image file of this thumbdrive?

PM sent.  Grin

Storx

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 07:04:19 AM

What do you guys think?

Anything above 6 x gpus previously (2015-2016) needed bigger psu and more risers and new motherboard (other than H81)

Thats leads to more more heat, riser issues, more expense, power trips and likely rigs needs more babysitting because reboots and downtime eventually less hash submitted to stratum server... so less revenue.

Today (circa 2017), we have better mobos supporting 6-7-8-9 x GPUs, better risers, server psu/pico/BB -- however the fact remains, AMD 400/500 series out of stock and you miss out of the mining game. So this is when NVIDIA comes in with surprising results...

I have 18 x 1070 Zotac Mini running ZEC previously, but now on ETH, at 6 x GPU @ 30.xxMHs each @ 184MHs @ 660watts @75PL/165core/650mem, which is far better than running AMD cards (compare RX470 x 6, 27MHs per card, power draw 950watts). The 1060 Mining Edition rumors 70w per card at 22-23MHs per card on ETH, and decent numbers on ZEC and XMR too.

I have tested 1080s FEs, Auros and also AMP Extreme -- all of them runs ZEC very well especially the Auros and AMP-extreme -- I use a 2-3 x GPU per rig and run ZEC and they do in the range of 600-750sols each depending on the OC settings.

hmm very interesting on the 1070's, i tried to do ETH at one point and the highest i could squeeze out was 35Mh/s which translated to like 6.80/day i think..... i currently run a multi-algo setup and equihash is mined on occasion, but i find it far less profitable on most days.. just wanted to ask you why you were mining it.. because there may be something im not noticing or something.. just trying to learn things you know as i build my rigs up... im currently running 4 mining rigs right now with a total of 13 GPU's, they are all 1080ti's....
My main PC only has 2 on water cool, my 2nd (old gaming pc) only has 2 on air, because i cant seem to get a single riser to work in that motherboard, the last 3 are all dell refurbished workstations i bought off ebay.. which 2 have 4 cards on risers and the last has only 1 gpu, because im all out of GPU's right now.. have 2 more coming in the mail by thursday

citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 07:17:03 AM

@storx

I am guessing you are mining at Nicehash.

You can goto whattomine.com to see the difference in profitability between mining direct and Nicehash marketplace.

With ETH price so high now, that difference is huge almost 15-20%.

My ETH farm mines to ethpool and dwarfpool, and collecting ETH coins back to Coinbase.

Compared this to ZEC mining, I prefer Nicehash because you get paid in BTC upfront without the coin confirmation BS -- I also find the ZEC pools too sluggish and struggles whenever diff level goes up.

EvilMonkey

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 07:36:31 AM

What do you guys think?

hmm very interesting on the 1070's, i tried to do ETH at one point and the highest i could squeeze out was 35Mh/s which translated to like 6.80/day i think..... i currently run a multi-algo setup and equihash is mined on occasion, but i find it far less profitable on most days.. just wanted to ask you why you were mining it.. because there may be something im not noticing or something.. just trying to learn things you know as i build my rigs up... im currently running 4 mining rigs right now with a total of 13 GPU's, they are all 1080ti's....
My main PC only has 2 on water cool, my 2nd (old gaming pc) only has 2 on air, because i cant seem to get a single riser to work in that motherboard, the last 3 are all dell refurbished workstations i bought off ebay.. which 2 have 4 cards on risers and the last has only 1 gpu, because im all out of GPU's right now.. have 2 more coming in the mail by thursday

How are you mining blake2?  Just using nicehash.exe?  If you try to mine zec this way you will get probably 30% less using nicehash.exe.  If you use EWBF 3.xxx it will give you around 700 sol per 1080ti compared to 400 or something on nicehash.exe I forget how much less it gives you but it is alot less.
VyprBTC

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 07:37:59 AM

just point your miner to the algo and port your pool uses for blake or whatever algo it is you want to mine. your pool will have a list of all algos and ports to use.
Storx

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 07:41:58 AM

@storx

You can goto whattomine.com to see the difference in profitability between mining direct and Nicehash marketplace.

My ETH farm mines to ethpool and dwarfpool, and collecting ETH coins back to Coinbase.

Compared this to ZEC mining, I prefer Nicehash because you get paid in BTC upfront without the coin confirmation BS -- I also find the ZEC pools too sluggish and struggles whenever diff level goes up.

I just did what you said and blake is still coming out as the more profitable coin right now for my 1080ti's.... ive been getting between 10-17/day per card for almost a week now.. im not sure how long it will stay like this.. but its been super profitable since skein took a nose dive last week....

VyprBTC

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 08:05:53 AM

what are you punching in because i just went to whattomine and punched in stats for 1x1080 and numbers waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay different that yours.

currently set up to mine to bitcoin only what i'm spending on overhead costs.

the rest of hashing power will be split between direct direct mining of zec/skein/eth no conversion to back to BTC yet.
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 08:20:33 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2017, 08:43:15 AM by citronick

in my NH Windows v2, my 1080s are mining Lyra2REv2 but I checked this miner doesnt have blake256r8 algo.

I checked my past version of the NH miner, I think they added blake algo in v1.3 but that was for sgminer/AMD

What ccminer do you use to mine blake?

@storx

I just did what you said and blake is still coming out as the more profitable coin right now for my 1080ti's.... ive been getting between 10-17/day per card for almost a week now.. im not sure how long it will stay like this.. but its been super profitable since skein took a nose dive last week....

EvilMonkey

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 08:21:52 AM

Yer I cant see how to make it do blake. What hash power are you getting when it is doing blake ?  Single card 10-17$?
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 08:37:15 AM

what are you punching in because i just went to whattomine and punched in stats for 1x1080 and numbers waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay different that yours.

currently set up to mine to bitcoin only what i'm spending on overhead costs.

the rest of hashing power will be split between direct direct mining of zec/skein/eth no conversion to back to BTC yet.

1 x 1080ti would be technically 2 x 1080 non ti

EvilMonkey

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 09:44:55 AM

People still using zpool? I am getting inconsistent numbers the past week.

The Graph on the actual site looks a bit out.  But when I calcuate the actual BTC mined it stacks up.  I had issues a few times last week but seems ok now.
DaniRC

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 09:47:07 AM

@storx

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4263/34533846354_1be18fcede_o_d.png
Hashrate?
martyroz

Activity: 325
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 09:54:12 AM

Hashrate?

If you reverse engineer he needs 7120Mh/s and 7c ele costs @ 250W
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »
  Print  

Jump to: