Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 10:16:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Fourth alt coin thread last three got oversized.  (Read 108773 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
xleejohnx

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 02:31:18 AM

is there a way to auto restart EWBF miner if miner or GPU has a problem ? like watchdog for claymore ?

Try this:

Code:

:restart
Timeout /t 30
miner --server eu1-zcash.flypool.org --user t1cURHbxrB4xtBNaPH5xLFWE9CvPU5XQcFZ.ew --pass x --port 3333 --fee 0 --eexit 3 --log 1 --pec
ping 127.0.0.1 > nul
goto :restart

Does that go in the miner batch file? Also (newb question) how do I get the IP address?

This starts the miner and also monitors it
The IP address is a standard host only IP address that the program puts out for monitoring

I once had a power shell script that would monitor any mining software  but I can't find it anywhere

took me forever but i found it
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0614dRHRS0RYXRnNWtpeWRjbDg/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for sharing. With my limited knowledge, I changed things around for my ewbf miner but it keeps restarting when it is working well. I think it is because of this argument "if($global:count -gt 5)". What does that exactly imply?

The Global count is number of times the gpu goes to 0 after 5 times it restarts the program
I wrote some of this back when zec miners first came out. I update it soon for ewbf miner

As I see a super coin as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions. ~philipma1957
bdiddle

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 03:06:05 AM

Anyone know where pcie risers are in stock in the US?

In other news, I just made out real well at the local Microcenter:

Asus H270 Plus - $70 (6 + 2 GPU support)
ASrock H170 pro4 $20 ($10 rebate as well)
I3 7100 - $109
2x ZOTAC 1060 Mini's for $175 each

Microcenter bundle discounts == awesome
EvilMonkey

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 03:37:43 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2017, 03:49:46 AM by EvilMonkey

Anyone checked out equidash mining on zpool mining HUSH? Looks really profitable just trying to work out the best miner and how to get it going.  Think I have got it going with EWBF but it was only using 40% of my GPU need to figure out what I did wrong.
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 06:07:23 AM

When i installed Windows on the GO, it said it was installing Windows Enterprise edition and that 32GB was the minimal size USB drive needed, but the actual install size on the USB drive is only 22.1GB. I am going to leave this in my mining rig running for the next few days to make sure its stable running it this way.. i did notice a small drop in wattage running the usb drive over the mechanical hd also...

forget about 32 gig drives for windows.

my wife grabbed a win10 netbook a while back with a 32 gig ssd. ran ok for a while till the last win10 update. came up with an "out of space" error and would not update. wound up compressing the whole drive to get room.

and it has a sd card for most programs/data so the only thing on the ssd is windows and thunderbird. and i run ccleaner religiously. 32 gigs is just too small.

get a 64 gig drive for windows.

not to forget about 16gb virtual drive requirement for Claymore running multi GPU, a ultra fast 64gb will be minimum..... 64gb usb3 will be expensive to deploy VS a 120gb Kingston SSD or a simple 64gb SSD.

I manage to get the Windows-to-Go on a USB3 32GB Sandisk Cruiser.... and surprisingly this guy boots up fast in every brand of motherboard I have.

Occasionally, W10 complains about low disk space but I manage to keep the thumdrive lean after installing TightVNC, Google Drive, Claymore and EWBF

Anybody knows if I can remove the other stuff Windows have like, Paint, Media Player, Mail, Photo Viewer --- SEE BELOW etc?

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
EvilMonkey

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 06:22:50 AM

Anyone checked out equidash mining on zpool mining HUSH? Looks really profitable just trying to work out the best miner and how to get it going.  Think I have got it going with EWBF but it was only using 40% of my GPU need to figure out what I did wrong.

Incase anyone else was interested I managed to get it going on zpool.  I used EWBF 3.03 here is my bat.

miner --server hush.mine.zpool.ca --user 1PA51RVeugsAnKJpJa8siSZTjGccjXaeMb --pass z --port 2142

I get around 710 sol.

The coins it mines are zclassic, hush and komodo maybe some others I havent had it going more than 1.5 hours.  The price of HUSH has dropped alot so this is not super profitable as it was few days ago.  But it does appear to be almost as profitable as Skien so far but I will need to mine overnight to confirm.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 07:29:51 AM

I manage to get the Windows-to-Go on a USB3 32GB Sandisk Cruiser.... and surprisingly this guy boots up fast in every brand of motherboard I have.

Occasionally, W10 complains about low disk space but I manage to keep the thumdrive lean after installing TightVNC, Google Drive, Claymore and EWBF

Anybody knows if I can remove the other stuff Windows have like, Paint, Media Player, Mail, Photo Viewer --- SEE BELOW etc?

Win10 won't let you delete some stuff, but stuff like Paint and Media Player should be deleteable.
 I used the 16GB version of the Cruiser on some of my LINUX rigs for a while - impressively fast for a USB drive you could buy at Wal-Mart at the time.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 07:37:05 AM

there is a GTX 1080 "GP-104-100" 60Mhs ETH

I'll believe that claim if I see it. There is no way they could DOUBLE the performance of a GTX 1080 on ETH while leaving it on GDDR 5x (excessive latency issues), and even if they moved it to GDDR 5 (not X) I doubt they could get it to 50 even with super-upgraded memory timings.

On the other hand, I've seen 30% power savings quoted for the GP104-100 - THAT seems possible, especially if they "factory undervolt" it at all compared to existing GTX 1080 cards.

Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 08:03:09 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2017, 09:03:03 AM by citronick

I'll believe that claim if I see it. There is no way they could DOUBLE the performance of a GTX 1080 on ETH while leaving it on GDDR 5x (excessive latency issues), and even if they moved it to GDDR 5 (not X) I doubt they could get it to 50 even with super-upgraded memory timings.

On the other hand, I've seen 30% power savings quoted for the GP104-100 - THAT seems possible, especially if they "factory undervolt" it at all compared to existing GTX 1080 cards.

That "60MHs" threw me off too and asked my contacts to provide some proof...

and he sent me this:

apparently NVIDIA has gone all out to get a killer mining card out with custom PCB, passive-cooling and custom ROMs.

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-pascal-gpu-cryptocurrency-mining-price-specs-performance-detailed/

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
Nasdam

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 09:02:31 AM

Maybe they should get us faster memory for the ETH mining.
NOLA

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 11:55:48 AM

I am running right now on Windows 7......Teamviewer'ed in during the day to keep an eye on my ONE rig lol from my work computer.

Sometimes I turn it off and periodically check zpool to make sure it is still active.

Now to my question those of you who have multiple rigs--how do you monitor/change settings on each one?  It is my assumption you do not change settings often on them once you pick a miner and pool?  You do not hook up a monitor to each one and keyboard when you need to do something?

Curious--planning the next stage of my mining and was wondering about this.

Thanks.
xleejohnx

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 01:46:37 PM

its been awhile since i posted some rig shots
20x RX 470 dual mining ETH/SIA 25mhs/500mhs 1130core/1800mem
1x GTX 1080ti mining ZEC 690sols
1x GTX 1060 amp mining ZEC 300sols

it isnt clean but it gets the job done

As I see a super coin as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions. ~philipma1957
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 03:03:57 PM

That "60MHs" threw me off too and asked my contacts to provide some proof...

and he sent me this:

apparently NVIDIA has gone all out to get a killer mining card out with custom PCB, passive-cooling and custom ROMs.

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-pascal-gpu-cryptocurrency-mining-price-specs-performance-detailed/

Not a new article, and still does nothing to explain how the mining-specific card could achieve that much higher performance than non-mining GTX 1080 cards can manage.
 On the positive side, though, EVGA involvement indicates a high probability of SOME of these cards being available to small miners.

On the other hand, Nvidia might actually be starting to feel some pressure - 1070 pricing IS climbing quite a bit, currently back near or into low-end 1080 pricing and availability getting spotty.

wcctech has a spotty record on "upcomming scoops" - sometimes they get it right, sometimes they blow it entirely (like the RX 490 they were talking about a couple months or so back that never happened).
 There have been a few different sources on the GP106-100 though inplying that SOMETHING is going on there - the GP104-100 still seems to be going back to one or 2 root rumor sources, but it would be nice if it DID happen.

Jmattes

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 04:14:46 PM

When i installed Windows on the GO, it said it was installing Windows Enterprise edition and that 32GB was the minimal size USB drive needed, but the actual install size on the USB drive is only 22.1GB. I am going to leave this in my mining rig running for the next few days to make sure its stable running it this way.. i did notice a small drop in wattage running the usb drive over the mechanical hd also...

forget about 32 gig drives for windows.

my wife grabbed a win10 netbook a while back with a 32 gig ssd. ran ok for a while till the last win10 update. came up with an "out of space" error and would not update. wound up compressing the whole drive to get room.

and it has a sd card for most programs/data so the only thing on the ssd is windows and thunderbird. and i run ccleaner religiously. 32 gigs is just too small.

get a 64 gig drive for windows.

not to forget about 16gb virtual drive requirement for Claymore running multi GPU, a ultra fast 64gb will be minimum..... 64gb usb3 will be expensive to deploy VS a 120gb Kingston SSD or a simple 64gb SSD.

Is the only way to get Windows on the thumb stick is using Windows to Go?
I was interested in putting Win7 on a 64gb stick.

Figured I would install it through a Sata DVD the old school way (fresh install).
Would it install similar to an SSD?

Sorry I am a noob with this stuff.
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 05:38:59 PM

I am running right now on Windows 7......Teamviewer'ed in during the day to keep an eye on my ONE rig lol from my work computer.

Sometimes I turn it off and periodically check zpool to make sure it is still active.

Now to my question those of you who have multiple rigs--how do you monitor/change settings on each one?  It is my assumption you do not change settings often on them once you pick a miner and pool?  You do not hook up a monitor to each one and keyboard when you need to do something?

Thanks.

try this

simplemining.net

Storx

Activity: 322
Merit: 233

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 06:55:48 PM

Thanks.

In the past i have been teamviewing into my miner rigs and changing the batch files and such manually using the crappy low resolution since my rigs have no onboard video cards really... but recently i started playing with Awesome Miner. I will be upfront with you the software is designed to be a auto profit switching platform, but i find it extremely limited in regards to Nvidia algo's to mine due to it only allowing the mining on algo's listed under GPU tab on whattomine.com... so instead of using it for its intended use, i have been playing with using it for just remote control.. i have been adding the modded Nemo Batch files to the command line windows for custom configuration and just running my own miners manually without using the built in features of the auto switch... the batch file works like normal switching between the 3 i have set... the benefit of the awesome miner is it allows me to see if the miners are mining at any given time all from one screen and when i want to make changes to switch the batch file, i can click send to miner and it will push the batch file to it and allow me to start it without ever remote logging into that computer. The only drawback so far is the lack of stats, since your not using the built in features it has no clue what your mining, at what rate and profits.. so they are just all empty.. but it does give me a quick view of what coins are going at in regards to earnings on the coins supported on whattomine.com

I have emailed the developer and he said he is talking with whattomine to add more algo's to his website soon to allow more coins to be used on his platform

- GPUs Mining : 128 (Updated 3/7/18) // CPUs Mining : 19 (Updated 2/23/18)
Storx

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 06:57:02 PM

Thanks.

try this

simplemining.net

I have no experience with this setup, can you add additional miners or is Alexis78 and ccminer-x64 available to be used in this software? i heard the overclocking is disabled currently, so you cant underclock your cards.. is this still a thing?

citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 07:14:53 PM

Now to my question those of you who have multiple rigs--how do you monitor/change settings on each one?  It is my assumption you do not change settings often on them once you pick a miner and pool?  You do not hook up a monitor to each one and keyboard when you need to do something?

Thanks.

try this

simplemining.net

I have no experience with this setup, can you add additional miners or is Alexis78 and ccminer-x64 available to be used in this software? i heard the overclocking is disabled currently, so you cant underclock your cards.. is this still a thing?

smos NVIDIA support currently is using only Powerlimit and dev is still working on the OC/UC settings, and adding more NVIDIA mining app like EWBF and others are promised in the future.

I tested briefly my Zotac 1070 Mini rigs on smOS and its mining at 6x25MH=150MH at 660watts. Its nice to see the non-AMD rigs in the same dashboard, however its $2 bucks per rig .... so all my NVIDIA rigs will be on nvOC since its free currently.

Currently all my Nvidia rigs are on nvOC Linux, namely, Zotac 1070s mining ETH, 30.xxMHx6=180MHs at 950watts
All my 1080tis rigs are exclusively selling ZEC hash at Nicehash getting BTC in return.
And 1 lone ZEC rig with 2 x 1080ti Aorus with Windows-to-Go (W10) thumbdrive.

Storx

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 08:21:31 PM

Now to my question those of you who have multiple rigs--how do you monitor/change settings on each one?  It is my assumption you do not change settings often on them once you pick a miner and pool?  You do not hook up a monitor to each one and keyboard when you need to do something?

Thanks.

try this

simplemining.net

smos NVIDIA support currently is using only Powerlimit and dev is still working on the OC/UC settings, and adding more NVIDIA mining app like EWBF and others are promised in the future.

I tested briefly my Zotac 1070 Mini rigs on smOS and its mining at 6x25MH=150MH at 660watts. Its nice to see the non-AMD rigs in the same dashboard, however its $2 bucks per rig .... so all my NVIDIA rigs will be on nvOC since its free currently.

Currently all my Nvidia rigs are on nvOC Linux, namely, Zotac 1070s mining ETH, 30.xxMHx6=180MHs at 950watts
All my 1080tis rigs are exclusively selling ZEC hash at Nicehash getting BTC in return.
And 1 lone ZEC rig with 2 x 1080ti Aorus with Windows-to-Go (W10) thumbdrive.

Nice, ya i look forward to the simple mining.. would be nice to place it all under 1 monitoring system.. 2/rig isnt really all that big of deal imo if the software fulfills what i want it to do.. i look forward to testing it out in the future.. right now i have been to busy to test anything outside of windows.. have immediately family in the hospital.. so i have been on here mostly from the hospital room, while all my mining rigs are sitting at home or at my parents house...

Good news is that the USB drive is still functioning perfectly..... i was comparing notes from previously, it seems windows uses more memory on the usb drive during mining over using the hard drive.. so i am assuming its placing little to no use on the USB drive and placing all the transactions in the memory... which is a good thing, it will greatly increase the life of the usb drive since its really only being used by windows for basic idle task, since it seems the mining occurs all in the memory... one thing to note is i seen no difference really on the watt o meter on power consumption going from mechanical hdd to usb.. so the use of the USB is more of a function in regards to cheaper builds, requiring far less wires to assemble rigs in the future...

I am still waiting for my 128gb sd card to come in the mail with the usb 3.0 adapter for it.. i will try to run it next on windows.. since they are cheaper than the USB drives themselves due to phone industry driving down the price of the 128gb sd cards..

VyprBTC

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 08:46:56 PM

Very nice - do you guys have enterprise edition installed or were you able to get it done using just pro version? think i want to test this out myself with a 32gb stick

EvilMonkey

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 08:55:33 PM

Question about risers.

I have an older Gigabyte motherboard its a P67-xxxxx running and i5 CPU.  It has two full PCI-e slots and I am currently running two 1080 ti FE on it as an open air rig.  It also has one small PCI-e slot.

I have a third card running on an even older motherboard that only has one PCI-e slot.  I want to get rid of this and get all three cards running on the open air rig.

I know I can probably do this with a riser.  Is there any gotcha's with slightly older motherboards?  At this stage I dont want to purchase a new motherboard if this one is going to do the job.

I was looking at this Riser.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/TISHRIC-VER006C-Blue-PCI-E-Extender-1x-to-16x-PCI-Express-Riser-Card-60cm-USB-3/2942230_32808611545.html?spm=2114.12010615.0.0.JffWvK

I have a 1000W PSU connected to this rig.  (slightly overkill I know but huge shortage of plat PSU in newzealand i didnt have a choice).  I was thinking if I get the 6 pin riser I can plug a connector directly from my power supply to the riser as I have heaps of extra connectors rather than using the adapter that comes with it.  Is this advisable?

Or is it better to use the adapter and connect it to one of Sata power connectors?

Is the linked version the type I should be going for there is several to pick from.  What do I need to look out for when buying off ali express? I am limited to buying from there as I can't really find them in my country.

Thanks

Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »
  Print  

Jump to: